• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 3,197 Views, 1,640 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3: Tyrants, Terrorists, and Tiaras, Oh My! - Down with Chrysalis



The continued adventures of you, Bugze the Changeling! (Comment-Driven Story)

  • ...
21
 1,640
 3,197

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 14: Welcome Back Mare in the Moon, Welcome Back

BrownDog's Comment

“You are such an idiot,” she says as she shakes her head.

“Yeah…I kind of already knew that,” you respond.

“You lost control in the Crystal Empire and ate this cretin, the Pink one knows one of you personas, you fought the undead, unleashed a chained executioner demon, and now have this monster within our head?”

“Yeah, kind of wish you were there for all of it,” you respond.

“You stupid stupid idiot…oh how I’ve missed you,” she says as she hugs you once again, hard.
You hug her back with the same intensity.

“I missed you too Selly, It’s been too chaotic without you to keep me from doing stupid stuff.

“Indeed. Though I am glad your wound was not fatal, despite the trouble it has caused you,” she says.

“Again, thank you for saving me. I would’ve died had you not stopped it…” you tell her.

“I could not let you die. I will never let you die,” she says with warmth.
You both hold onto each other for a good long while.

This is good, this is good. She’s back, I’m no longer alone. Nightshade is going to be so happy. She’s alive… and even if she’s smaller, she’s still firm she feels really really good against me, and her perfectly shaped moon flanks are-

“NO BAD BUG!” both you and her yell as you separate from each other.

“Did-did I say any of that out loud?” you ask blushing.

“You didn’t have to, your wandering hooves spoke volumes you perv,” she says with her own blush.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I just got carried away in my excitement!” you exclaim.

“Uh-huh, let us change the subject,”

“OK…” you say and stare at her new form. “How did you recover just now and how come you’re so much smaller?”
She seems a bit confused by what you say until she summons a mirror and looks into gasping.

“Mother of me, is this what I’ve been reduced to? This pitiful height inclined form?”

“Well it’s not all that bad, at least now I don’t have to crane my neck looking up at you,” you tell her.

“And there in lies the problem. This form does not instill fear or superiority. I am now the same height as you, and...I look to much like HER” she huffs.

“On the bright side, your new form is rather cute, I’m just saying,” you tell her trying to cheer her up, only to have her grit her teeth at you in anger.

“OK, OK! That was actually pretty scary,” you say as you back up a bit.

She stops snarling and sighs. “I suppose that will have to do for now, but to answer your question, it is because of you that I am like this.”

“Me?”

“Yes. When that traitorous pink whorse gutted you, I did everything I could to keep death from claiming you,” she says as she closes her eyes and sighs.

“I poured my all and more into stabilizing you…and then she came back for the killing blow. I kept her from striking you, but at a cost…”

“I remember vaguely,” you tell her. “You broke the Orichalcum Sword.”

She nods. “The pain was immense, but I would not relent. Doing what I did, to the god killing metal, cost me much of my life force. The very essence of my soul, and unlike magic, that can not be replenished,” she says sadly.

“Oh…” you mutter in sympathy.

“And that is why I have been reduced to this form. Though I suppose I am lucky to have this at all. Had more been expended, I probably would’ve been left as a foal, or…nothing.”
She shakes her head and looks back at you.

“But given another chance, I would do it all again Bugze, for you and Nightshade.”

“Again, I can’t thank you enough Selly. I’m just glad you’re awake,” you say with a smile. “Which reminds me, how were you able to just now wake up? I tried for a month to get you up.”
She looks down in thought.

“I could hazard a guess. Our little friend over there,” she says pointing to Sombra’s chained up form, “or more specifically, his magic."

“So wait, that magic blast he sent at you is what got you up?” you ask.

She nods. “Dark Magic is a powerful yet dangerous force, but if utilized correctly, it can be beneficial.”

“So…what? Did you just absorb it?”

“I believe so. After my expenditure saving you, I would have needed a recharge in some way, and Dark Magic is almost as rare as Alicorn Magic. It was enough to wake me,” she says.

“Wait a minute,” you say as something clicks in your head.


“Back in the Empire, when I looked through the Nightmare door, I kept hearing someling gasping every time the magic went over my eyes, and your sheets were disturbed…that was you getting recharged!”

“I have no memory of the event, but I would say that is a fair assessment,” she says. “It would also explain why I am still alive after what you did during the battle. The extra magic was used before my own”
You look down in shame at this.

“I’m sorry Selena. I hadn’t used the cloak in so long because I thought it would hurt you,” you apologize.

“Well it was wise you were cautious, for it might have.”

“But then I got angry, so angry, and everything went black,” you say with tears in your eyes.
“I’m so sorry. You saved my life, and I nearly let you die and…”
She places a hoof over your lips shushing you.

“That twas not your fault Bugze. If anything, this Phase 4 Berserk monster is my fault.”

“How?” you ask.

“Because I was not there to regulate the power. Every time we’ve engaged the cloak, I have been there to ensure that it does not overcome us, that the anger and hatred are focused, and not mindless. Without me there, my powers flooded you, unchecked and unruly.”

“Still, I shouldn’t have lost my cool like that,” you say.

“It matters not. I am back now, and I will ensure that we do not lose control again. For the times when we can use the cloak that is. We do not have as much magic as we once did, and I don’t think we ever shall. The amount attached to my life force died with it saving you.”

“So what does that mean?”

“It means that in the future, the cloak should only be used sparingly and for short periods of time. We don’t need you losing control, or using up all we have left. I will take control if the situation arises, so if that occurs, don't fight it” she explains.

“Good idea,” you agree. “I’m just glad that Nightshade was around to make sure I didn’t hurt anyling too badly. And now that Sombra is here, it means I didn’t actually kill,” you say in relief.

“Yes, about that,” she says as she backhooves you in the face, hard.

“OW!” you cry holding your nose.

“That was for putting Nightshade in such danger. TWICE!” she chides.

“I’m sorry!” you plead.

“If she were any other filly, the ordeals she went through would have broken her. The undead is one thing, but fear of the one who sired her is worse!”
You wince at this and look down. After a sigh, so does she.

“Look, I know it’s not entirely your fault. As I’ve said, It’s also mine. I just fret that one day she will not trust you or I should events like this keep occurring.”
You hesitantly go towards her.

“Well, with you back, we’ll all be better off right?”

She smiles at that. “I should hope so. Also, as unskilled as she is, she has done well with pure raw emotion. But I shall teach her how to better fight should the need arise. We don’t need her being helpless, nor do we need her being a liability during a fight. Training her should help.”

“You think she’s ready for that?” you ask.

“With our adventures, the sooner the better,” she responds.
You nod your head at this information before saying,

The Rutherford’s Comment

"Alright. That is good to know. Now I have two more serious questions I need you to help answer."
Selena gains a confused look as she asks,

"And those are?"

"First off, what are we going to do with Sombra? I definitely don't want him taking over my body, or killing me and escaping, so how are we going to contain him until we can get him out, or reform him or whatever?”
Selena looks at the unconscious ex-tyrant before opening her mouth.

“And no, killing him is off the table. I already went through that once, don’t need to go through it again,” you say with a shiver.
A cross look comes over her face.

"I was not going to say that…not entirely anyway…what I was going to say was that I can easily contain him. Weak as I have become, he is still no match for the likes of me.”

“That’s good to here, but what are we going to do with him?”

“Since we don’t kill, even for a monster like him, I believe we can keep him imprisoned until we find a better cell outside of your head. He was willing to kill you just so he could escape, so while you live, he won’t be going anywhere unless we say so.”

“Yeah alright, so jail him till we can move him. Do you have any ideas on how to do that?”

“Aside from being subjected to the Elements of Harmony…no. But like the old adage says, if there’s a will, there is a way. We’ll just have to look for it.”

“*sigh* So he’s probably going to be here for awhile,” you say aloud.

“Fear not Bugze, we may be able to make use of this inconvenience after all.”

“How?”

“You told me of this “Shadow Whip” to which you began to use. A move that belongs to this scum,” she says.

“Oh yeah, he kept saying I was using..his…magic…” you say as realization hits you.
“Wait, you’re not suggesting…”


“Why not? He wishes to murder us, and he is a prisoner so long as he stays within your body. Why not make use of him? Also, as weak as I have become, this alternative source of power may be useful,” she says gazing at the fallen king.

There is logic in what she says. If I use his powers like a battery, then it will lessen the chances of using the Cloak, you think to yourself.

“What if he breaks out?” you ask still unsure of the idea.

“I shall make sure he is incarcerated Bugze. Unlike me, this beast does not have your best interest in mind. His magic on the other hoof, you can use to your advantage.”

And it could…but it seems a bit cruel…but then again, this jerk tried to kill me twice, and hurt Nightshade…but still…


"But what if we can get him to fully help us? Then he would give his power freely,” you suggest.

“I highly doubt he would agree to such a thing,” says Selena with a doubtful expression.

“But think about if we could. Would we be able to combine your power with his? And if we could what sort of power level would that be?" you say thinking hypothetically.
Selena gains a thinking face as she says,

"If I had to guess on your ridiculous scenario, I'd say with all of our power combined, we could probably go against Discord on an almost even playing field. And I know for a fact that Sombra hates Discord with a burning passion."
You can't help but agree with that as you say,

"At least I'm not the only one with a burning hate for that bucker. If he were to get out of his stone prison again, then we might be able to get Sombra to side with us on that encounter and beat him royally…literally since you two are royals in a way.”
Selena nods her head before saying,

"Potentially, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon. It would take over a thousand years after the Elements of Harmony are broken up to lose the power to contain him. The only way he would get out is if he was intentionally let out. And honestly, they would never think about letting him out early would they?"
At this, you, Selena, and an unconscious Sombra all shudder at the ironic foreshadowing.

“Did you feel that?” she asks.

“Ignore it. If Lady Luck had her way, then every seemingly sure statement would come back to haunt us.”

“But hasn’t…”

“Ignoring! La La La!”

Kichi’s Comment

“I still feel as though something bad will happen,” she says as you try to ignore fate.

"What? It’s not like Princess Celestia is going to randomly bring Discord’s statue into Ponyville one day and have us reform him for absolutely no reason,” a suddenly very hyperactive voice comments.
Yours and Selena’s jaws drop in shock as you both see your Pink Psychotic Frenemy appear out of nowhere.

"How the... When did... How could...?" fumbles Selena, her brain going blue with confusion.
"What is she doing here?" she finally pushes out.

"It's Pinkie being Pinkie" you answer with a shrug. “But seriously, get out of here, this is a private affair,” you chide her.

"Oki Doki Loki! I’m not going to remember this anyway. I'm going back to my dream, I was about to swim with Dashie in a river of chocolate... Bye Bye!" she shouts and disappears in a cloud of pink smoke.

"Uhhh... Maybe it's best that we act like this didn’t happen" says Selena.

"Agreed. See now you get it, ignorance is bliss,” you smile dopily to which she rolls her eyes at.

The Rutherford’s Comment

“Anyway, what was the second question you had?” she asks.

“Umm.. Oh yeah. This is the really important question. How do we let Nightshade know about all of this?”

“You mean my waking up?” she asks.

“That, and the fact that Sombra is in fact not dead but living inside me like you are and that I can use his power? I don’t want to keep info from her anymore.”

“That is a good point. Letting her know about this filth will bring her confidence for you back as you did not kill him. And as for letting her know of my waking, I am going to visit her dreams as soon as you and I are done talking. I can only imagine how cute her face will be and how sweet her dream will become,” she says with a wistful smile.

“Heh, I bet her smile widens so much that you might have a heart attack from cuteness…cuteness…That's it!” you shout as a dinging sound is heard.

“What's it?” she asks.

“Nightshade! She will be the one to help convert Sombra to our side!”
Selena looks flabbergasted by this statement,

“Art thou insane!? He tried to hurt her before and you think I'm going to let her anywhere near that sadist?!”

“Just hear me out. Sombra, for some reason, has a weakness for anything overly cute. We both know how adorable Nightshade is. Even if he does not act like it at first, he will break under her puppy dog eyes and not want her to get hurt,” you rationalize.

“Really? You’re jumping to that conclusion fairly fast,” she deadpans.

“Well it worked with you didn’t it?” you snark.
She looks taken aback at that sentence.

“I…shut up…” she says with a blush.

“See, there is some logic in that right?”


“Perhaps, but I do not feel comfortable with my daughter anywhere near him alone,” she huffs.

“Who said she would be alone? Even I'm not that stupid…not normally. She would only be allowed to see him with you, me, or both present to ensure her safety. Plus he’d be behind these bars right?”


She sighs and looks at you, “I say we wait to do anything so drastic and idiotic. I won’t deny your idea sounds plausible, but forcing a reformation won’t end well. If we are to use Nightshade in this regard, then it must be subtle lest he gain wind and fight it. And something like this takes time Bugze. It took me a year before I could admit I truly loved her.”

“I know, baby steps all the way. I just don’t want to use this guy like a battery forever you know?”

“Indeed I do. But for now, I say we wait to tell Nightshade. If we decide to introduce them, I don't care what you say, if he tries to harm her, I WILL kill him, understand?"

"Yeah...but I don't think it will come to that," you reason.

Selena lets out a sigh, "Enough of these hypotheticals, we have only just captured him. Let us not burden Nightshade until the time is right. Let her enjoy having me back for a time.”

“Sounds good,” you say with a smirk.

“Alright, now, is there anything else you wish to ask?”

“Umm…”

“I am all ears,” she says chipper.

Kropsling66’s Comment

You think for a moment and realize that after all the happiness of the reunion, there is a question you want answered and have for awhile.

“Actually, yeah, yeah there is…”

"Ok then what is it?"

"Why?"

"Why? Why what? Why am I being so open?"

"No Selena…why me?"

"...Bugze I'm no following," she says worriedly.

“Why did you end up in my head?” you ask.
Her face becomes solemn as she looks to the side.

"After the Royal Wedding, I came across that ruined castle and found your armor after I blacked out and woke up. I then found Nightshade in my saddle bag and you were inside my head encouraging me to kill everyling from Sun Butt, to the Deadly Six and everyling in between. You remember that right?”

She sighs. “Of course I do. But I’ve changed Bugze…”

“I know…but I still want to know Why Me? Why did you choose me?”
She sighs again before looking at you,

“Because you were there, and I had no other choice.”

You raise an eyebrow at this.

She looks up in remembrance. “You weren't there when it happened Bugze, when I was struck with the Elements. I lost my host, somepony I thought was a friend and cast aside. It was like losing something very important to you, something deep.”
She closes her eyes and continues.

“So after I was separated, I was little more than a shadow. I sealed myself in my armor hoping she would come for me…but that traitor didn’t. I was so angry. Angry and frustrated that she left me behind, that our mission had failed, that I…was going to die. Little by little, I faded, and after a few days, I had resigned myself to my fate…”

You feel a bit bad for bringing up these bad memories, but it’s been so long since you’ve gotte answers. She then opens her eyes and looks at you with a smile.

“Then you showed up. I had no idea who or what you were, but I could sense you. Something powerful, something different…and yet something was familiar…” she trails off before shaking her head and continuing. “I knew then that this was my last chance so when you got closer I channeled myself into you which caused you to black out."

"And that was when you got in my head?”

“Indeed. Within you, my power came back to me faster than I had expected. So I set my plans in motion and I…” she trails off.

“You what?” you ask. She gives you a horrified look before looking back down.

“I waited for the right moment to strike back,” she finishes hastily, glossing over something.

“Wait, I think you…”

“I knew that with you and with your attachment to Nightshade that I could get back at those that ruined everything and tried to kill me…however you were not the brightest of creatures I could have picked. Always at the center of attention, and not being blessed with luck at all.”

"When was Lady luck ever on my side?” you chuckle.

"Exactly. So then I had to find a way to prevent both of us from getting killed. I allowed you access to my powers, and all your videogame and kung fu moves became more powerful because of it. Our actions after that you already know of,” she ends.

“Yeah…” you answer thinking about The Gala, Appleloosa…and Trixie.

“And that is why I ended up in your head Bugze. Desperation. Had you not come along, I would have died, forgotten and cold within that armor. I never said this before, but thank you Bugze. Thank you…”

“You’re welcome,” you say to her causing her to look less solemn. “But what about Nightshade? I think you glossed over that part,” you point out.

“That...I don’t wish to tell just yet," Selena replies sadly.

"I waited long enough to know Selena. Come on, you said you would answer me,” you say indignantly.

“Please Bugze!” she pleads, “I have just returned after being on the brink of death once again. I have yet to see my daughter and you and I are happy right now…please don’t make me ruin it,” she says with a quivering lip.
You are caught off guard by this plea, but seeing her distressed, you can’t help but back off.

“OK, OK, you’re right. I’m sorry,” you apologize.
She calms down and looks at you in gratitude as she says,

“Thanks.”
Before you can say anything else, you hear a frustrated hyperactive voice say

"Hey! Everypony else wants to know already! Just Spill it!"

"PINKIE GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" you shout which causes her to fly out of your head to someone else’s head.

“Annoying Pink Psycho, how the heck are you my frenemy? But yeah, anyway, I am going to want to know the whole Truth soon Selena,” you demand.

“And you shall, I promise.”
You nod at this as she looks back to you and asks, “Where hath that psycho been sent?”

“I don’t know, probably somewhere not important.”



Somewhere Not Important

The Pink Pony lands on a colorful, pixilated ground.

"Oww my ears are ringing. Spoilsport, all we want to know is…” she starts talking before seeing a changeling in a cloak off to her left attacking a pixilated monster.

“Oh hi there, what’s your name?” she asks.

“What the buck? How did you get in here?” demands the surprised changeling.

“It’s a dream silly, so what’s your name?”

“I’ll never tell you my name Psycho! And don’t try guessing either, you’ll never,”

“Is it Kichi?” she asks.

“How The Buck Did You Know?!” he shouts.
She points up at the name appearing above a health bar.

“Damnit!”

“Oh don’t worry about it, you and I won’t remember this after we wake up for plot convenience,” she says.

“Wha-.”

“Oh yeah, time to wake up!” she chirps.

Kichi the changeling then abruptly sits up in his bed breathing hard.

“The Buck was that?” he says aloud, not remembering why he suddenly woke up alarmed.

"Eh Buck It," he says as he slumps back down on his pillow, passing out immediately.


Back to you


"She really is a random pony,” Selena says.

"You have no idea,” you mutter.
You soon begin to feel yourself waking up. With a sigh you turn towards Selena and say,

BrownDog's Comment

Snapedrake's Comment

"Well Selena looks like our time is up, I guess I'll see ya later," you say as you give her another hug.
“And again, I’m sorry for bringing up bad memories for you.”
Selena nods her head before saying,

“We shall talk more later Bugze. In the meantime, It has been over a month since I have seen my precious daughter.”
You both part ways in the dreamscape.

“Again, I’m glad you’re back,” you tell her as she fades.

“As am I Bugze…As am I…”


With a yawn you awake. "Ugh. That was an eventful night. I'm not even refreshed!" you whine. Glancing at a nearby clock, you find that it's rather early. For a couple minutes you try to force yourself back asleep, to no avail. Finally you wrench yourself awake. You hear a gasp of air next to you and see Nightshade, still sleeping, as a smile comes over her face.

“Mo…mmy…” she sleep talks.
You chuckle and kiss her on the head before you stand up and head off into the bunker. You've got some planning to do.


It turns out the bunker does in fact have a war room. It's quite expansive, and a large map of Equestria hangs above a long table. You observe it closely, thinking carefully about you and your quarries.


"The Crimson Knights would be suicidal if they wanted to stay in Fillydelphia, since everyling knows about them there. I'm not quite sure if they're dumb enough to take root in Canterlot... probably not. Too close to the Royal Sisters. Same logic goes for Ponyville, too close to the Elements. So that leaves..." your eyes trail upwards, "Manehattan. A port city, full of hidey holes and secret places... that could be it...or at least some of them could be there."
You nod your head with a determined look before saying,

"Manehatten...I’ll be coming for you! ...I wonder what the Crimson Knight Leaders are doing right now...probably something sinister…"

Sliver Strange's Comment

Kersey's Comment

MEANWHILE IN MANEHATTEN

"Okay. Let's do this," Silver says.
It was dark outside the bastard's home. The only light came from the bastard's bedroom window. The Changeling, Diamond Dog and Pony were hidden between the bushes of the garden.

“Alright, the minute you see him come down for coffee, you let it fly,” Snap Drake coaches.

“And if you want to say an awesome one liner you can. You don’t have to, but still…” whispers the Brown Dog.

“Gotcha, and then I’ll be able to get my cloak?”

“Well this, and you gotta steal Yusei’s deck,” says Snap.

“And vandalize a public building, but we’ll cross that bridge later, right now, focus on vengeance,” instructs Brown Dog.

“Pretty standard stuff,” Silver thinks aloud. He was especially excited about vandalizing the mayor's building.

But first things first.

He breathes slowly calming all senses until the world turned silent and all he could see was his target. There he was, the blond franchise ruining pegasus bastard. He pulled the dynamite-strapped-arrow back and took aim.

He felt a ting of sadness. He was about to kill an innocent person for simply making a bad movie.
And then memories of watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles filled his mind.

"I hope you like explosions-"
And let the arrow go.
"Hoe."

The mansion exploded in an amazing inferno as the home burned and shards of glass zipped through the air-

"AAAAAAHHH!!!! MY EYES!!!!!" cried silver as he held his hooves up in front of his face and rolled on the ground.

“Oh My Gosh, I’m so sorry!” Snap Drake yelled going to his side.

“Oh jeez bug boy, are you OK buddy?” asks a concerned Brown Dog.

Silver lowers his hooves, showing that there is no damage.

“Gotcha!” he cries as they all start laughing.

“Ha ha ha, good one buddy. Gotta work on the one liners though," says Snap Drake.

“Yeah…But I did it! We’re all saved from crummy movies!”

“Heh, can’t wait to troll Kersey with this. He unironically loved that guy,” smirks Brown Dog.


MEANWHILE


In a Neighponese buffet in Mareami, a bespectacled, obese Earth Pony with a green coat and orange mane lifts his snout out of his 8th bowl of ramen,

"I feel a disturbance in the film, as if a thousand voices cried out in relief."
After a few more moments he shrugs, "Oh well." before greedily stuffing his snout into his 10th plate of fried rice muttering,

"Stupid Brown Dog... Stealing MY job in the Crimson Knights. Donald Trumpkin was right but he's being too lenient. Note to self; Suggest obliterating Dimondia to whoever's in charge now mutter chew mutter gulp mutter..."
As the buffet's staff weep in the background at their lost profit due to this bottomless pit of a fatflank.


BACK TO BEIGH

“Achoo!” goes the dog. “Someone’s talking about me…but anyway good job Sil-.” He stops as his jaw drops.
Silver and Snap Drake look behind them and horrified looks come across their faces.

Rising above the ashes of the burning house is the Explosive Director himself. His body is wreathed in fire, but it doesn’t hurt him and his eyes are black and souless.

“You call that an explosion?!” says the horrifying pegasus. “I created bigger in 3rd Grade Chemistry!” he roars as a massive fireball forms in his hoofs.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!” all three knights yell in fright.
Silver pulls back his bow and lets loose another dynamite arrow.

“JUST DIE ALREADY!!!” he yells. The arrow strikes true, causing an explosion, but the flames of it are absorbed back into the director, strengthening his fire ball.

“HA HA! YOU CAN’T KILL WHAT WAS NEVER TRULY THINKING!!!” he yells in his demonic voice.

“BUCK THIS! BAIL BAIL!” they all scream in unison as they turn tail and run away screaming at the top of their lungs.


Laughing evily, the monster throws the fireball at them,

"HADOKEN!!!" which causes a massive explosion which causes a shockwave that sends them flying further into the distance and into a pond.

“HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!” laughs the horrible director before landing and looking at his house.

“Hmm. Well I’m up. Might as well go make Transformares 5 and drink the tears of heartbroken fans,” he says as he whistles happily and walks down the street.

A distance away, the three knights crawl out of the water.

“Well…that could have gone better,” says Silver Strange.

“Yeah, I forgot that he was a pyromancer,” says Snap Drake.

“Yeah…buck it, let’s go grab some burritos,” says the Brown Dog.

“Oh heck yeah!” shouts Silver.



BACK WITH YOU


"No doubt fulfilling all their genius master plans. Well guess what Knights, now that Selena’s back, I’ll be coming for you…” you say seriously.
Your stomach then gurgles, killing the mood.

“But first I’m going to need some breakfast,” you say before remembering that only a few days worth of food is still edible.

“Nice oversight there Grandbuggy,” you snark, before you put your hoof to your chin in thought.
“Supplies aren’t going to last long. We’re going to have to move on again. And if I’m going to hunt and stalk these nutjobs, I’m going to need financial backing, *sigh* now only if I had money! I shouldn’t have dumped Smaug’s treasure!” you lament with a smack to your forehead.

“Ugh, maybe if I pawned some of the movie props, but still, how the heck else am I supposed to make mo-.”
You then look around the war room at all the other maps, and see the Bounty Posters pinned up next to locations. Some with many high prices next to them.
You hear a ding and cry out,

“That’s it!”


A Few Days Later

After a few days of rest, relaxation, and Nightshade being happier than she has in a month, it’s time to move on. She understood, since even she knew that there wasn’t enough food, but after the return of her mother, she is more optimistic.

Sombra had yet to have awoken after his beating, but you had been able to practice the shadow whip in the sparring room, but you dared not try anything else.
You told Selena and Nightshade your plan, and they are behind you, provided you don’t lose control.

“I am more than ready to get back into the field, It’s been far too long,” Selena had said with an air of giddiness.

“Just be careful daddy, don’t lose control,” Nightshade had warned.

But now it is early morning and today is the day. Today is the day where you go off to finally make a profit. Today is the day, you put on your new disguise.
You walk out of the changing room, and Nightshade’s jaw drops.

“How do I look honey?” you ask in a metallic tinged voice.

“Like a badass motherbucker daddy!” she squeals to which you chuckle at.

You walk past her and look into the full body mirror, and even you can’t help but gape at your image.

You are now wearing...

An awesome shirt that you simply couldn’t believe was in there.
It is red and black, with a metal circle clasp in the middle of the chest that leads to a Deadpool symbol on your belt.

“One of my favorite comic book characters. And if I’m bringing in folks for money, why not?”


Upon your head is a long floppy red hat with a white band around the base of it.

“The Crimson Bucker is coming to Buck some Crimson Buckers, heh heh heh…after I make some money first.”


Covering your legs, are a pair of reddish pants that came with an awesome black and yellow jacket.

"You'd think there'd be more distinct pants in the world, but then you'd be wrong," you mutter.

You placed the black and yellow jacket, along with an awesome hooded leather jacket into The Inventory for a later date. You couldn’t decide which coat to wear, but feel you’re fine without one for the moment.


Black and Yellow Jacket
Hooded Leather Jacket
Added to Inventory


Lastly, covering your mouth is the most distinguishing feature. A metallic face mask that covers your nose and mouth. A snarl of gritted teeth gives a horrifying smile, and black tubes lead back to a combination filter/clasp behind your head, which regulates your breathing. There is also a small switch that cycles through voice filters. You flip it to the symbol with a skull.


“Mediocre…” you say in an intimidating voice.

You then flip it back to normal and even your regular voice sounds a bit smoother and a bit metallic.


Combined, you look like some sort of red and black clad ghoul, and it is definitely intimidating.

"And it has an air of irony to it. A red warrior that will take on Crimson Knights," you say.


“Bugze, I don’t know how to tell you this but…I am extremely jealous of how fearsome you look,” Selena says in awe.


You smile under your mask and say “These Crimson Knights and Outlaws won’t know what him ‘em. They’ll quake in their horseshoes when they see this Bounty Hunter coming, and fear the name…um…the name…”


Shoot, what the heck do I even call myself? Eh, I’ll figure it out by the time someone actually asks. But for now, the look sells it. Still though, it looks as though something is missing…

“So where are we heading first daddy?” Nightshade asks holding all the different bounty files.
You look through the files, and one of them catches your eye.


The Cattle Rustlers:Wanted for Robbery, Mayhem, Destruction, and Assault. Warning, Always travel in a pack. Last Spotted between Dodge Junction and Canter Creek. 500 Bits per criminal.

The poster shows many different pictures of mean looking Bulls, but one of them especially stands out to you. The bull, named Stampede, has spiky looking blonde hair, and around him


A long flowing red coat with many buttons and a large turtleneck. The coat has one long red sleeve, and one that is brownish red and made out of some light weight armor.

“Now that’s one fine coat you’ve got there,” you smirk.

With that, you head out of the bunker, being sure to lock it just in case, and head out in the direction of Dodge Junction, towards some money, and towards an awesome coat.


What Do You Do?

Author's Note:

Looks like the bug's back in business baby!

Hey Hivemind, DWC here!

This week's question is...

What should Bugzes new costume name be?

With a new costume comes a new name! Now the name has to relate in some way to what your wearing so think wisely when coming up with a name!

See you all next week! Bye!

PreviousChapters Next