• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 3,198 Views, 1,640 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3: Tyrants, Terrorists, and Tiaras, Oh My! - Down with Chrysalis



The continued adventures of you, Bugze the Changeling! (Comment-Driven Story)

  • ...
21
 1,640
 3,198

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 59: A Nightmarish Punishment!

As Nightshade stares at her frightened friends she tries to get a closer look at them, but to her shock they take a step back. Slightly hurt by their action she asks them,

"Hey guys, what gives?"

The frightened friends just take a further step back as Sweetie says,

Master of Shadow's Comment

"P-please just stay away from us."

Quickly following behind her Scootaloo says,

"Yeah just stay over there."

Confused, you take another step closer and see small cuts and bruises on them. "What happened to you guys?!"

They all take an even further step back and huddle together as Applebloom asks,

"How do you not remember?"

"Remember? Remember What?" you cry out.

Spike gets an angry look on his face, shocking you, as he yells,

"YOU did this! So stay away and leave us alone!"

"What? What are you talking about?!" you exclaim flabbergasted and hurt, but they just whimper.

Not getting a clear answer...

BrownDog's Comment

You plead desperately with your friends.

“Everyling just calm down, everything’s going to be alright, I promise! But for Pete's sake! Just answer me.”

You try to trot towards them, but the groups all huddle together and whimper louder.

“Please, just leave us alone!” Scootaloo yells.

“Don’t hurt us anymore,” Applebloom whimpers.

“But I didn’t…”

“Just because you hate Diamond and Silver doesn’t mean you have to hurt us too,” Sweetie pleads.

“What?” you ask flabbergasted. You look to the group of fillies and colts and see Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon in the middle of the CMC with Spike.

“They’re our friends now! Don’t hurt them anymore!” Spike yells.

“I…Ok, that’s fine, they’re your friends, I wasn’t gonna,”

“MS. Cheerilee! Help!”

“What are you calling her for?! I haven’t done anything!” you growl frustrated by them not answering any of your questions as you stomp towards them, they cower before you.

“Why are you all beat up? Why does everyling think I’ve been hurting them?!”

“Ms. Cheerilee!” the group yells.

“Come on, this isn’t funny! You don’t have any reason to be afraid of me!” you shout as your eyes glow white.

“She’s getting mad again!” Sweetie Belle squeals and runs away, causing the group to run off.

“NO WAIT!” you yell and growl in frustration.

Your anger and confusion reaches its boiling point as you yell out in frustration,

The Pony Spartan's Comment

"You're going to be my friends!"

You run after them, yelling for them to stop, but they won’t. As you continue to chase them, the landscape begins to get white and fuzzy and featureless.

"What the...?" you mutter as you look around the mist like surroundings. "What is...Hey!" your legs suddenly feel very heavy, and it's like you can't run anymore.


“Wh-what?” you say as you try to move, but your legs refuse to budge. From the mists walks the CMC with sad downtrodden looks.

“Girls! WHAT IS GOING ON?!”
They flinch, but then they look at you.


“We…we don’t want you in the Cutie Mark Crusaders anymore,” they admit to you, causing you to gasp in shock.

“Y-You…you’re kicking me out?” you ask in hurt.
They look down at that before they start speaking again.

“We thought you were nice…” Sweetie whimpers.

“We thought you were cool…” Scootaloo mumbles.

“We thought you were our friend…” Applebloom finishes.

“I…I AM! I’m all those things! Girls please! I would never hurt you!”

Suddenly your voice echoes across the landscape.

We All know what snitches get now don’t we…?

Your eyes widen at this.

Those backstabbing jerks! I go out of my way to take down their tormentors and this is how they repay me?

“I…I didn’t mean it!” you belt out as tears come to your eyes, but they don’t look at you. “Girls please!”

You then hear crying from behind you and you turn your head. There sits Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, much more roughed up, bruised, and even cut than you thought they were. Spike stands defensively in front of them, glaring at you.

“No…” you gasp.

“I won’t let you hurt them anymore Nightshade!”

“Spike…I didn’t…” you try to defend as more tears come to your eyes and you raise your hoof, but the two fillies huddle together and Spike puffs out some smoke, causing you to stop.

“We’re sorry Nightshade,” Silver Spoon cries.

“We won’t bother anypony again,” Diamond bawls.

“Please don’t hurt us anymore!”

“I won’t. I promise! I won’t…” you shout as tears start falling down your cheeks.

“And why should we trust you?” Spike says with a glare in his eyes. “You’re not anyone’s friend! You’re a jerk!”

“Spike…?” you whimper out but he turns around and leads the two fillies away, not even looking back at you.

From the mists you see other colts and fillies pass by you.

“I don’t want you to play videogames with me anymore. You keep breaking my stuff,” Button says as he passes.

“You keep hurting my big brother. Why should I be friends with you?” Rumble says before he vanishes.

Babs walks past. “I’ll never be forgiven for what I done…You dragged me into this…”

Others walk on by, but you can’t hardly see their features with the tears in your eyes.


“Please…I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry,” you plead to the mist. You turn back around and see Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo still standing there, staring at you sadly.

“I’m sorry! I’ll never be like that! I swear! I don’t want to be a bully! I just want to be your friends!”
All three of them look up at you.

“How can you? You’re just like them,” they say simultaneously as they point to the side. Your eyes wander and you see a horrible scene.

There is a large group of young changelings huddled together, surrounding something and laughing.

“Yeah! Get that orange haired freak!”

*SMACK*

“Take this Gingy!”

*PUNCH*

“Hey! Cut that out!” you yell as you try to get to the group, but it’s as if you’re running in slow motion. “Stop it!” you yell, but they ignore you.

“Just because you hang around HER sometimes doesn’t mean you’re safe nerd!”

*SLAM*

“How’s it feel knowing your parents never loved you?!”

*PUSH*

“Yeah, they couldn’t stand the sight of Mr. Lucky the mutant freak, so they ran to get away from you!”

This is followed by several cruel laughs that cause you to gasp, and suddenly a yell.

“THAT’S NOT TRUE!!! You stupid motherbuckers! I’ll make you pay! I’ll- *CRACK*"

The voice is cut short and a thud is heard.

“You’ll what freak?” comes one of the taunts as several more blows are heard.

“You’ll What?!” the bully’s voice raises. “Are you going to talk back to us again? Huh?! Are you?!”

“Nooo…” the voice whimpers as the group starts laughing.

“LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!” you yell, even as your voice sounds like it’s coming from a far distance.

Suddenly one of them looks up as if hearing you and says,

“Come on, let’s get going before his Grandpa shows up.”

“Yeah, that senile old buck is actually intimidating, which is more than we can say for this loser.”

*KICK*

*Whimper*

The group of young changelings then walk away as a group, revealing the victim who sits on the floor crying with his head between his legs.

As if this is the trigger, you get full control of your movements back and you rush up to him. He appears to be a changeling, just like the others, but there is something different about him, but you can’t quite put your hoof on why.

“Are…are you ok? They’re gone now!” you say as you reach out a hoof, but suddenly it is slapped away, and the changeling looks up to you causing you to gasp.

“Get Away From Me!” the orange haired young changeling cries as he backs away from you, as though you’ll hurt him.

“Dad?!” you cry out in shock, confusion, and sadness.

“Please…No more…” he cries as he looks at you in fear. "No more..."

“No…NO…NOOOOOOO!!!!” you yell to the heavens as even your own dad thinks you’re a bully.

The tears flow freely from your eyes as you bawl at the awful truth.

All around you now is darkness, noling around to see you, noling around to hear your cries.

“I’ll change! I swear! Please! Girls! Spike! DADDY! EVERYLING! Please give me another chance…I don’t want to be a bully anymore! Please!...Please…”

As you look to the ground, suddenly the darkness fades away, and a soothing presence is felt as a familiar voice declares.

“That is enough. I believe you honey…” A black hoof lifts your chin up till you are staring into the blue draconic eyes of your mother.

“M-Mommy!” you declare as you leap to into her arms and hug her.

“Shh...It’s alright now my precious,” she says in a soothing voice

After a few moments of your mom comforting you and calming you down, a realization strikes you.

“Wait…this is a dream isn’t it?” Your mom nods confirming your suspicions.

“No wonder everything was so weird and wonky…but dang. I thought I had a handle on the whole dream walking thing.”

“You still have much to learn Nightshade. You’re still not nearly as skilled as I am.”

You nod at this, and then ask, “So…was this my punishment that Dad was talking about?”

She closes her eyes and nods. “I am sorry Nightshade, but we felt this would drive the point home the best. And though it stung my heart to watch you cry…it was…necessary.”

You look down at the ground. “Was it all fake then?”

“In some ways yes, in other ways no. I wielded the tapestry of fears and thoughts you already had deep within you. The events that transpired today, and your father’s words left an impact on you, but the emotions were scattered and confusing to you…I just put them into something resembling coherency.”

You nod as you stare at the ground.

“I don’t want to be a bully mommy. I don’t want my friends, or anyling to look at me like a monster. I don’t want to hurt anyling unless I know for sure that they deserve it…I don't want to be the bad guy...”

She places a hoof on your shoulder. “I know child. I know you don’t. And I’m glad that you know that with so much resolve now too.”

You sniffle and look up at her. “I’m sorry mommy. I’m sorry for making you and daddy mad at me.”

She hugs you and says, “We weren’t mad so much as disappointed my darling. In a way, I think it’s more we don’t want you to go down the same paths we took.”

“What do you mean?” you ask as you hug her.

“Your father and I are considered monsters Nightshade. Our actions and misdeeds carry immense weight. You though…you are still young. You have a chance to be something greater than the two of us. Something better.”

You smile at that and hug her tighter.

She then breaks away from the hug and looks into your eyes. “Tonight, there were will be no more Nightmares. I shall stay with you, and if you wish, I can craft you any pleasant dream you want.”

You nod and smile. “Thanks mommy...” You trail off as something still bugs you.

“Nightshade?” she asks in worry.

“Mommy, there’s still one thing about the nightmare…did that really happen to daddy?”

Her eyes widen before she sighs and nods, causing you to feel sad again.“Yes sweet one. His memories are full of moments such as that one.”

You now understand more about why Daddy wouldn’t want you to walk this path. You’ll never be like them.

“If he had the chance, would Daddy hurt those jerks?” you ask.

Your mom sighs again and answers, “Truthfully, I believe he would. Though I think he would only dish out equal retribution to what was done to him. He…he knows what it’s like to go over the line when dealing with some of his past bullies. I don’t believe he wants to cross that line again.” Your mom has a faraway, almost sad look in her eyes as she says this.

Nodding once more in understanding, you give her another hug and say, “Just stay with me till I wake up. That’s the good dream I want for tonight.” This causes her to smile and ruffle your mane.

"As you wish my child…As you wish…"


POV Change: Bugze (You)

You watch your little girl, and your...Selena in their little heart warming moment, and you can't help but feel a bit relieved.

"Hopefully now she'll walk a better path. She still might get into fights if enemies show up, but I hope at least she understands the difference between fighting and being a tormentor." You then look down and sigh because you are still a bit shaken by what you saw in her dream. Especially the ending. "I wish you would have given me a heads up Selly. I don't like reliving those times..."

And she was right, situations like that were more common than you'd like to admit. There wasn't just one group, it seemed like the whole hive was out to get you. First for looking different, then when your parents...when they were gone it got worse. When Grandbuggy was banished and you were conscripted, you were at your lowest of lows, and they never let up.

You grit your teeth as some anger courses through you, before you sigh. The pain is still there, but even still, you think on Selena's words.

"Would I only dish out what they served? Or would I go further again...?" You remember the cave, their pleas for help, the look in her crestfallen eyes...

"Sin...you asked for forgiveness, and I left you to die. I couldn't find it in my heart to forgive you or the others..." you think as you look down. "You didn't deserve that, but I don't think I can ever forgive my tormentors. Not the changelings, not Discord...and certainly NEVER Trixie," you growl the last name before looking up and seeing Nightshade and Selena playing a board game of some kind. "I hope you turn out better than me baby. Someone less broken and monstrous..."

A Few Days Later

It's been a few days since the incident at the barn. A few days since you learned that Nightshade was becoming a bully. A few days since you hopefully put a stop to that. She seems more friendly now, especially to Diamond and Silver who helped build a new float with Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and Scootaloo. Babs and Nightshade helped too, but as they were still grounded, they weren't allowed to ride in the Harvest Festival (Plus things between them and the two former bullies is still a bit weary).

The CMC (Including Babs who was initiated) promised that on top of trying to figure out their talents, they would help Diamond, and even Silver figure out what their Cutie Marks meant. It warms your heart to see the two misled fillies turning over a new leaf and becoming friends with those they originally hurt. Even Babs and Nightshade have improved for the better, as you've seen the former talking and laughing more, and the latter NOT kicking Caramel for the crime of being Caramel...(though that guy still grates on you for some reason.)

Also you think you've made your first friendly business acquaintance since Filthy Rich has given you permanent VIP Membership discounts at all his stores since you inadvertently made his wife attractive again. You get 50% off items, and you're not being sued, that's a win-win in your book.

But yeah, friendship blooms for the young, and it makes you wish you could have been so lucky to have former enemies turn buddy without having to change your clothes and identity. Then again, the only ones that really fit that bill are Aqua, and maybe Pinkie Pie, though she's more of a psychotic frenemy if nothing else.

Still, even with all this bully shenanigans, you've been hard at work setting up for this Apple Family Reunion for a little over a week, and after smelling all of those wonderful apple deserts being prepped and baked, today is the day you finally get to sample them.

On the horizon, you see the first wagons full of ponies (who might actually be your family too if Genealogy is what you think it is) heading towards the farm, as you stand with Nightshade, Babs, Applebloom, Red, Granny and Applejack.

"Alright ya'll, I know we've had a might bit of drama the last couple of days. But things have been sorted, apologies have been accepted, and today is going to be a fun filled day for all." She then looks at the two fillies who were the cause of said drama. "You can have fun today kids, just don't have too much fun ya hear?"

They both nod at this.

"You got it Ms. Applejack."

"No problem cuz," Babs smiles.

"I'll keep an eye on 'em," Applebloom responds and everyone chuckles a little at this.

"Alright ya'll, any other last minute questions?"

"When can we get to eating the fritters and the pies and the etc?!" you ask in apprehension.

Applejack rolls her eyes, as Granny Smith says, "Hold your horses Baker, we got a whole day ahead of us."

"I know, but I've been smelling those things for three days! I'm dying for a bite."

Rolling her eyes again, Applejack walks forward as the first wagon passes the gate.

"We'll get to them Sugar cube. In the meantime, let's make this the most epic Apple Family Reunion Ever!" she declares making the rest of her family and Nightshade to rear up and cheer.

You however have your eyes focused on another wagon pulling in through the gate. Amidst a group of other ponies, you see a true friend you haven't seen or spoken to in two years. A friend that knows you're a changeling, but doesn't care.

You smile under your face mask.

Alright! Braeburn's here!

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Author's Note:

Time to leave the seriousness behind Hive Mind, and now for silly family reunion clichés!

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here!

Like the opening for this AN said, it's time for family reunion clichés! Plus maybe a few rom-com cliché moments too hehehehe... But yeah we are done with the super serious stuff for now. Keep in mind you can still have serious moments, just keep it one scale down from what we just did.

Also, just as a reminder Braeburn knows Bugze is a changeling, but that it. He does not know that he is the Hooded Offender or any other alias.

Last chapter question answer is...

And my favorite nightmare sequences are from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, when he's worrying about his bike getting destroyed by T-Rexes, Clowns, and the freaking devil. It's hilarious :rainbowlaugh:

What can I say, Pee-Wee is funny.

This chapter's question is...

What is the best family reunion cliché?

From 'embarrassing moment in front of entire family' to 'the elderly come crawling at you with the need to pinch your cheeks' there are plenty of family reunion clichés. But which one is the best?

Next chapter shall be posted in the new year on Monday 2017!

This has been DWC, signing off!

PreviousChapters Next