• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 3,198 Views, 1,640 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3: Tyrants, Terrorists, and Tiaras, Oh My! - Down with Chrysalis



The continued adventures of you, Bugze the Changeling! (Comment-Driven Story)

  • ...
21
 1,640
 3,198

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 63: A Pet Disaster!!!

Kichi's Comment

SnapDrake's Comment

Though you haven't quiet mastered the RCV (your Daddy being too busy lately to start your training again), you know enough to make a quieter version of it. You take in a great mouth of air and shout,

"STOOOP!"

The treebrary shakes a little and the animals stop moving and look to you.

"General Mangle," you say to your fox who immediately stands at attention, "keep them in line while I deal with Spike." The plush robot salutes and stars mechanically barking at the others. This does kind of the exact opposite of what you wanted as they back away from her and start causing havoc a little further away.

Rolling your eyes you say sarcastically,

"Great job Mangle, A-plus."

She barks apologetically in response to that.

Shaking your still sore head you look back to Spike.

"Spike? Spike, are you okay?" You shake him a bit, but he does not wake. You look around for a glass of water or something, when that tortoise flies by again causing you to duck.

"Watch where you're flying!"

With no water, and not wanting the pets to walk over him anymore, you try to think of some other solutions.

"OK. Besides water and shaking, what else can wake the knocked out? I don't have any smelling salts or any adrenaline to pump directly into his heart..." you then trail off as you remember some old cartoon movies your dad showed you.

"Well...he's not a princess, would a magic kiss even work?" you think aloud.

Across Town

POV Change: Bugze (You)

You a currently running away from the alley way with Flash since Aloe and the voices seemed to have teamed up, when suddenly you are hit with foreboding dread causing you to come to a dead halt.

Flash looks back at you in panic.

"What are you doing?!"

"My dad senses are tingling! Nightshade's doing something. I don't know what or why, but I feel very overprotective and angry right now!"

"Can we worry about that later?! Stalker with evil voices is still close by!"

You are about to argue the point...when all of a sudden your anger drops away.

"Yeah you're right. I guess she's got more sense than I thought," you think as you begin running for your hypothetical life again.

Back at the Library

POV Change: Nightshade

"Eh, probably shouldn't. Besides if I'm gonna have my first kiss it sure as heck isn't gonna be when the guy is passed out and can't refuse. That just seems wrong," you rationalize, which unknowingly makes your father feel extremely relieved.

While you come to this conclusion, you do see his mouth moving. It looks like he's mumbling something.

"Well that's a good sign I think. Brain damaged folks don't have dreams do they? I wonder what he's mumbling?"

You are about to lean in closer to hear what he's saying over the racket of pets when...

BrownDog's Comment

Angel bunny jumps over to you, and sits on Spikes snout.

“Hey! Get off him! He needs to breathe,” you command the rabbit.

He doesn’t acknowledge that, rather he keeps giving you a desperate look and pointing to his tail that is done up in curlers.

“Quit shaking your butt and move!” you say as you slap the bunny off of Spike’s face, and into a book shelf, causing several heavy tomes to fall and bury him. You wince, feeling maybe you hit a bit too hard, but Spike’s safety comes first.

With the bunny out of the way you lean in closer to hear Spike mumble,

Kichi's Comment

"Mmm, that feels nice...Oh Rarity...Of course I'd like more...I know...I'm so handsome..."

You feel annoyed at that for some reason as you lean back away from him and his stupid dream grin.

"Oi! Quit dreaming about that McStabFlank whorse! She wears too much makeup!" you shout and slap his face, trying to wake him up.

"Gah!" he wakes and sits up suddenly, and in the process his head hits your head.

"OW!" you both yell after your foreheads collide.

First a tortoise, and now a dragon. What other scaled thing is gonna hit my head today? you think in annoyance. As you do you hear him groan.

"Ohhh...Nightshade? When did you get here? What's going on?" he asks in confusion rubbing his head.

"Ugh..." you rub your temple again. "I just walked through the door, I think Tank knocked you out, and the pets are running around, but I brought Mangle to help out," you explain.

However as you say that Mangle runs by you as she gets chased by Applejacks dog and Rarity's snooty cat. You can feel a sweatdrop on your head as you chuckle nervously and say,

"Uh well...she's trying at least, heh heh."

Spike just sighs before rubbing his head in pain.

BrownDog's Comment

“I am definitely wearing a helmet from now on,” Spike says as he gives a glare to Tank.

“Yeah, say, do you have a spare? I got bonked by him too."

“Actually I do. I think it’s still in the closet next to Twilight’s skateboard she’s never used,” he says as he leads you towards said closet.

You raise an eyebrow at that. You have never, EVER seen Ms. Twilight doing anything close to recreational fun. The only time she starts running around is when she’s going nuts.

“Why the heck does she even have a skateboard?”

“Rainbow Dash. She tried to get Twilight to exercise more. Surprise surprise, it didn’t work,” he deadpans and you chuckle.

After retrieving the helmets, you put them on so that that tortoise does not give you any more lumps.

You both then look over the pets running amuck and he sighs.

"Why can't things ever be so simple? I just wanted to make a jewel cake."

“How did you think you were going to bake and watch all these little guys at the same time?” you ask.

“Well, I thought I could get it started before you got here, but then you were late...and then I got bonked...” he mutters as Gummy licks Opalescence and causes her to hiss at him.

“Sorry, I got held up at the train station, but don't worry because I'm here now,” you boast raising your head up. “You can make that delicious cake, and Mangle and I will make sure these guys are obedient and- HEY! Mangle stop that! You’re not supposed to be having fun!” you scold Mangle who stops playing tug of war with Winona, and gives you hurt looking eyes.

“Oh come on Mangle, don’t give me that look,” you plead but she continues to give the puppy dog eyes. You swear, her speaker system is even playing some sad background music.

“Oh Fine! Be that way,” you say looking away from her, and she and Winona continue playing their game while Owlowicious perches on her head.

“Dang troublesome pets, infecting my fox,” you mumble.

“Well, really they're not so bad. Twilight on one of her off days can do a heck of a lot more damage. But yeah, there's only one problem pet here," he says as she sneers at points to the bunny who is sits scowling at both of you in the corner, his tail still done up in curlers.

“Really?” you say a bit surprised. As if to emphasize this point, he kicks a lamp off a desk, which breaks it, while giving you both a smug look.

All the other pets stop what they're doing and glare at him, and you say.

“Hey! That wasn’t very nice!”

He then hops up some bookshelves and sticks his tongue out at both you and Spike.

“See what I mean? A jerk,” Spike sighs.

“Hmmph. I’ll deal with you in a minute Mister!” you threaten up to the bunny who just turns his back on you.

“But yeah, get to baking Master Chef. Cake awaits us!”

“Alright! Thanks Nightshade. Listen, do you mind if I use the rest of your gems in the recipe and I’ll give you the equivalent in bits?” he asks.

“Well, I guess so. Why do you need more though?” you say as you hand him the gems.

He rolls his eyes and grunts at this,

“Because, SomeDRAGON, decided that she’d like some cake too, while doing absolutely NOTHING to help.”

“Honk Honk!” comes a cry from upstairs.

“Yes I’m talking about you!” Spike yells to the ceiling before shaking his head and looking at you.

“So yeah, I need to make a bigger cake so we all can have some.”

“Why don’t you just not give Crackle any if she’s not willing to help?” you point out.

He rolls his eyes again, “Because then she’ll bring up how SHE was the one to fly the girls and I to safety, that the Hooded Offender trusted her sooo much, and I’ll have to hear her sob story again about Garble and…Look, it’s much more simpler this way.”

“You can understand her blargs and honks?” you ask surprised.

“Not really. But she does use cue cards and interpretive dance, so the point still gets across,” he says, confusing you even further.

“Well…Alright, as long I get a piece of cake, I’m all good.”

“That actually is something I was thinking of Shade. Can you even eat gems?”

“Huh?”

“Well, I know you love food a lot, but…well, gems are pretty tough, and other ponies don’t eat them…”

“Spike! Come on. It’s ME we’re talking about here,” you say to him cockily as you take a small green gem out of his mixing cup. “I kicked a hydra in the nards, hugged Cerberus into submission, and beat down both King Sombra and The Hooded Offender. I can handle a little ol gem.” You then punctuate this statement with a bite of the gem…which chips off a piece of one of your front teeth.

Your eyes widen in shock as all goes still in the library. Spike cups his claws to his mouth, the pets stare at you and you don't say anything as you just stare straight ahead.

“Ha Ha Snort! Blarg!” Crackle chuckles upstairs at something, which causes to the dam to break.

“AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! My Bucking Tooth!” you yell, which causes all the animals to start rioting again, and you even hear Angel chuckling.

“Oh jeeze! Nightshade are you alright!”

“Do I look alright?!” you growl, causing him to take a step back, but then you add, “I’m serious. Do I look alright?” you then open your mouth wider. “How’s it look?”

“Well…I’ve seen worse. You’ve definitely chipped it,” he explains hesitantly. He even holds up one of the bigger gems so you can see your reflection.

“Well, that's just perfect! Now I’m gonna have to get Zecora’s tooth tonic before Daddy finds out and freaks out like he always does!” you grumble.

“Oh jeeze! He won’t let you hang out with me anymore!” Spike panics.

“Ugh…well luckily my dad’s hanging out with Flash Sentry for the day, so we got some time."

“Wait, Flash is here?” Spike asks.

“Oh yeah, I think Twilight called him in to distract my dad from running away.”

“Oh…good thinking…I guess,” he says apprehensively.

“Something wrong?” you ask.

“I don’t know, it’s just that sometimes when we’re all hanging out I’ll catch him looking at Twilight funny, and then screaming voices come out of nowhere telling me to kill him and protect her. It’s kind of creepy.”

“Don’t worry, that’s normal for everpony. But yeah, they’re together right now, so all we have to do is make sure they don’t find out,” you say as you tongue the chipped part of your tooth.

"In the meantime though, can I have some ice? This kind of hurts."

LATER

After the pain from your tooth dulls down you and Spike decide you have to take the pets and go find Zecora. You tell him to go ahead and start making the cake, but he refuses, saying that friends in need overtake the need for cake.

Luckily, there is enough leashes for all the pets, though you don't feel like Mangle needs one. Splitting them up half and half seems to do the trick, but even then it is hectic. The stupid cat keeps trying to scratch at you both, luckily the claws can't hurt Spike, Angel keeps trying to trip you all up with the leashes, and Tank keeps bonking into your helmeted heads, and Gummy just lies on the ground being dragged.

"Why are you guys being so difficult?" you moan. It's so bad, you guys decide to take a break and rest up at a park. You don't want to be tired with these dang pets when entering the Everfree forest.

Surprsingly, it seems a trick to the park serves to calm them down. Tank, Gummy and Opalesense bask in the sun, Winona and Mangle chase sticks, Owlowicious rests in a tree and Angel...well, let's just say he's been tied up to a statue for his jerkiness. With this breathing space, You and Spike sit against a tree and talk while watching them. Eventually Spike asks you,

The Pony Spartan's Comment

"So, Nightshade? I've been thinking... What's your opinion on The Offender after what happened at the Crystal Empire?"

Internally you sigh. "Why do you ask?"

"I've just been thinking about all the times when he appeared more often. Kind of hard not to when Twilight has that detective wall and all. But yeah, I went through each time he fought Twilight and the others, but I just don't know how to look at him after that incident."

"Well... I guess when I look at him I see a struggling stallion with very bad luck." You explain. He stares at you with curiosity so you keep going. "He means well, I know he does, it's just when he gets angry he can't control himself, and that's why he's dangerous... it's why everypony hates him..."

"...Do you hate him?" he asks after a moment of silence.

"I...don't know," you say as that question hits you hard. Your response even surprises you a little. "I mean, I really hate when he gets so angry that he can't control himself, but when he's his normal self I lo- like and care for him like every other pony."

Spike looks out to the field as he says. "There was this one time he acted like a real parent to me...did I ever tell you about that?"

You shake your head, curiosity getting the better of you.

"It was some months back. There was a Horde Meeting at Berry Punch's bar and it got crashed by Twilight and the girls. They didn't even know it was a meeting, Twilight had put a tracer on me because they thought I was underage drinking," he shakes his head and sighs at this. "She was worried about me, but I felt betrayed I felt like my personal space was violated, and I'd inadvertently led them to the meeting so I was angry. I snapped and yelled at Twilight and she started to tear up, which is what I wanted to happen," he says with remorse.

"Really?" You ask in shock. You don't think you've ever seen them angry at each other. Annoyed sure, but not angry.

"Yeah," He chuckles at your surprised face. "He talked to me and calmed me down, just like a proper adult would. Told me not to throw away my family, because he knew what it was like without one." He then refocuses out of that memory and looks back to you,

"That's the part that I like about him. The guy that will save you from making a huge mistake, and will give you some stomach medicine after burping up hundreds of letters," he chuckles. "But... but when he goes on a rampage I just can't help but imagine that his heroic figure is gone for good. Like, an erased memory." He shudders a bit. "I don't know if it's like that one Power Ponies chapter when half of the team couldn't control their powers and almost destroyed the city, or if someone is controlling him or something, but I really hope he fixes it soon."

"Yeah... me too," you agree. You then smile and add, "I'm glad that he talked you down though. I've always seen Twilight as your big sister...and maybe a bit as your mom..."

He laughs at that.

"It's complicated. Your dad thought I was her pet when he first saw me," Spike frowns but soon chuckles a bit. "He's kinda like The Hooded Offender in some ways... when he's normal."

Your heart starts to beat a little faster. "Y-you don't say?" You nervously laugh to which he doesn't notice.

Thankfully before the conversation can get anymore awkward you hear the sound of a statue breaking. You and Spike look over to the noise in surprise...and see Angel Bunny smiling smugly at a now broken park bust of some pony you don't know. Both of you quickly rush over to him, and he tries to escape, but luckily Mangle Judo chops him in the back of the head. She then picks him up and holds him steady as you begin to angrily scold him,

BrownDog's Comment

“Alright Bunny, listen up. I know you’re a turd on the best of days, but we aren’t putting up with any more of your bullspit, got it?”

He just angrily squeeks trying to break out of Mangle’s grasp.

“Really? Read the room guy. You’re surrounded on all sides by bigger predators. The only other plant eater is Tank, and he’s not backing you up. Making them mad doesn’t seem to be smart,” Spike adds.

Angel then looks around and sees all the glaring pets and he gulps.

“Now, unless you want to be lunch, I propose you straighten up,” you scold.

He then looks downcast, before pulling a picture of Fluttershy out…from somewhere. He then points at her frantically and sadly.

“She ain’t here bub. We are. She put us in control, so you better listen to us,” you growl.
He then points from the picture, to his tail with the curlers and moans.

“OH! Right! I forgot all about your tail fluffing. I was so focused on the cake,” Spike says.

The Rabbit then nods and you stare at him.

“Really? This was all over your tail?! Why didn’t you say that from the beginning?”

He then motions you hitting him earlier.

“Oh…right. Well you’re still pretty nasty. How about we make a deal. We fluff your tail, and you stop giving us the run around?”
He nods at this.

You then give the go ahead to Mangle who drops him, and not only undoes the curlers, but using her wiry claws, and even some internal heating of some kind to brush it to maximum fluffiness. Angel…is awestruck by how majestic his tail feels, like it hasn't ever felt that good before, and looks up to the robot fox with new awestruck eyes…Eyes that suddenly get hearts in them.

Mangle seems a bit taken aback by this, before suddenly the rabbit hugs her around the waste and keeps snuggling her. She barks in surprise, and tries to get him off her, but his grip is like iron. She then looks up to you in panic and worry.

“Umm…Okay. Didn’t expect that,” you say in all honesty.

“Yeah. I mean, I guess he’s not being a jerk…but I don’t know if this is any better,” Spike says a bit creeped out.

Meanwhile, all the other pets seem very VERY amused by Mangle’s predicament. Even Gummy looks like he’s laughing. While Mangle just belts out a sound file of your dad screaming,

“Buck You Lady Luck!”

You and Spike share a quick chuckle at this before you sigh and say,

"Well I think that's enough relaxing for now. We need to get to Zecora's soon before we run into my Daddy."

Spike nods at this and begins to round up the animals. Mangle meanwhile still desperately tries to pry the lovesick bunny off of her.

"Alright, I'll take the reptiles, the owl and the cat, you take the canines and the bunny, sound good?" he asks.

"Yeah, sure. I just hope that we don't cause too much noise in the Everfree and...Oh hey look, there's Zecora," you say pointing down the road.

As luck would have it, she's in town today, and she seems to be buying Filly Scout Cookies.

"Oh great, there's a filly scout right there, and here we are without my Dad's Lifetime Supply card!" you grumble.

"You're dad has a lifetime supply card for filly scout cookies?" Spike asks in surprise.

"Yeah...not sure exactly what he did to get that now that I think of it," you mutter.

"Well let's go get your tooth fixed, and then we can go back and bake the cake," Spike says as he starts trotting over to her.

Looking around you spot no sign of your dad anywhere. "OK, coast is clear. Wherever Dad is, it isn't here!" you redundantly say as you trot forward, poor Mangle chasing after you still trying to get the rabbit off her.

Wherever You Are

POV Change: Bugze (You)

The Rutherford's Comment

Currently, you are eating delicious delicious Hayburgers with Flash and making Idle conversation.

"So how is everything going with the Crimson Knights? Not much news about them after they got captured."

"That's classified, sorry man. Can't even tell you. Suffice to say, they are being watched over by top stallions."

"Who?"

"TOP. STALLIONS..."

WITH THE KNIGHTS

In the classified location, the Knights are singing at the top of their lungs, and have been for hours and hours. For them, it's a source of great amusement, but for the guards during this shift...

"OH SWEET CELESTIA MAKE IT END!!!"

Rather than listen, Rutherford the Wyvern belts out another lyric of their infuriating song "This is the song that doesn't end. It goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because..."

The rest of the knights jump in: "This is the song that doesn't end!"

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!" the poor guards scream.

"Please, just stop!" the second guard pleads as both of their sanity's have slipped. Solarkness the Timberwolf replies,

"Well we could, but seeing as how we're stuck in here 24/7 without any outside time, I'm gonna go with..."This is the song that doesn't end!"

"Ha ha. Ha ha ha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!" one of the guard loses his mind, while the others on duty join in and help sing.

After the first guard laughs himself to tears, he whimpers,

"Can you at least sing something else?"

"Oooh, Requests," Brown Dog says excitedly.

"What do you have in mind oh great tyranical flankholes?" Kichi asks sarcastically.

"Well how about "The Camp Town Ladies"? he mutters after awhile.

"The Camp Town Ladies?" Rutherford carefully pronounces each syllable. As if there is some unspoken command given, all of the Knights say simultaneously,

"The Camp Town Ladies?" in the same manner.

The guard nods, his level of sanity not quite up to standards anymore "Oh you know: the camp town ladies sing this song do da, do da, the camp town racetrack five miles long, all the do da day."

At that, all the guards start singing and dancing around like idiots, the madness lovingly embraced.

Going to run all night. Going to run all day..."

And as the song continues, the knights laugh harder than they have in months. Even Changer cracks a small smile. Suddenly a large colorful bang goes off in the hallway, stopping the singing, and the laughing as the guard captain comes in.

"What in the wide, wide world of sports is a goin' on here?!" he yells. "The crown hired you ponies to guard these varmints, not jump around like a bunch of Las Pegasus show-fillies!!!"

The main guard from before says,

"We're sorry sir, but the singing got to us..."

"You've only been on shift for three hours!" the captain yells.

"Time has no meaning in the halls of madness!" the guard responds, causing laughter to return.

Rolling his eyes, the captain bonks his subordinate on the head and growls, "Listen dummy, just keep it together. We've only got a few more weeks with these morons until we dump them on the new facility. Keep! It! Together!" he commands causing the guard to shake his head fast. He then looks to the surrounding cells of laughing inmates.

"And all of ya shut yer mouths or we'll blast Stableine Dion over the loudspeakers!"

This causes the laughter to stop immediately, even Kersey's and Erised's heart-rate monitors skip a bit.

"You wouldn't!" cries out Snap Drake.

"Try me," the Captain declares with an evil smirk, causing all to shiver.

After the guards leave, and the next shift of guards are brought in, Solarkness says to Rutherford.

"You heard what that captain said right?"

"Yeah," nods the Wyvern. "They're dumping as at another facility?"

"That is ominous...but if we're being transferred..."

"What are you thinking?"

"We'd all have to be moved to this new facility, which means between here and there, we all might have a chance to get out of this mess," the Timberwolf deduces.

The Wyvern looks up and arround at the others.

"Well unless we learn to dig through reinforced concrete, I'd say you're right..."

The timberwolf nods and says,

"Pass the info along to the others when the guards aren't listening."

BACK TO YOU AND FLASH

You smack him upside the head.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"Saying things cryptically and in confidence never leads to anything good!" you point out.

Flash just rubs his head, "Okay, I get yer point, but don't you think the slap was a bit overboard?"

"Don't forget, this is Ponyville, the town has luck almost as bad as mine. And with me in it, the bad luck likely triples."

Flash visibly pales at this. "Good point."

As if on que, the ground begins to rumble. You, Flash, and other ponies around you begin to look around in worry as the ground begins to shake more and more. But before you have a chance to yell out "Earthquake" you hear the lovely voice of your daughter shout out,

"MOVE THE BUCK OUT OF THE WAY! I CAN'T CONTROL THEM! THERE'S TOO MANY MAN! TOO MANY!"

You and Flash look over to where your daughter's shout came from...and see a stampede of pets coming down the road!

In the front is Mangle, running for dear life, while Angel and an army of bunnies with hearts in their eyes chase after her. Mixed into the crowd is Nightshade who is riding Harry the bear with Gummy attached to her mane, Spike, who is in the trunk of an elephant and is holding the leashes of the Deadly 6's pets for dear life, while Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo seem to be reluctantly wrapped around a Hippo, Pig, and Ostrich respectively with what looks like Bungie Chords, and Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon who are stuck in a Kangaroo pouch apiece (and appear to be queezy thanks to the jumping).

As these animals and more run down the road with the kids you and Flash just stare slackjawed with all the other ponies in the area.

You are brought out of this stupor by Zecora who is galloping after the stampede and out of breath.

"Zecora!" you shout, causing her to stop and look to you. "What in the buck is going on?!"

She gives an exasperated look and says,

"I do not know how things got to this point to tell you the truth, I only signed on to help fix a tooth!" she then charges again after the stampede.

"...WHAT?!!!" you yell out in confusion.

Rewind to When You Were Still Talking to Flash

POV CHANGE: NIGHTSHADE

OK, you and Spike have reached Zecora and she's given you her usual rhymed greeting. How the heck did you get from that, to what your dad saw? No seriously, HOW?!

WHAT DID YOU DO?

Author's Note:

Time to tell how it got from point A to point B!

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here!

And as you can see it's up to you guy's and girls in the Hive Mind to tell how things got so out of hand for poor Nightshade. Try to add a little bit of everything in your comments to make it really good!

Last chapter's question answer is...

A Tie!

I couldn't pick between any of the videos shown since they were so funny! I'm sorry but I am weak to funny animal vids!

This chapter's question is?

What is the best chase scene in t.v/movie history?

There've been many, but which is the best? You tell me!

Next chapter should be up Thursday!

This has been DWC, signing off!

PreviousChapters Next