• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 3,200 Views, 1,640 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3: Tyrants, Terrorists, and Tiaras, Oh My! - Down with Chrysalis



The continued adventures of you, Bugze the Changeling! (Comment-Driven Story)

  • ...
21
 1,640
 3,200

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 72: Training and Tormenting

POV Bugze:

Before the Showtime

Kersey's Comment

"Great, now we're in a training arc; the weakest part of any fighting anime." you sarcastically comment, "Can't we just be more like One Bit and train via adventuring?"

Zecora answers this simply by whacking you in the head with her stick.

"OW!"

DWC’s Comment

Zecora twirls her staff and meets both of your eyes.

“I am tough, but I am fair,
And I will shape this pair,
I will put you through a rigorous barrage,
And to do it as fast as we can…we’ll need a montage!”

You and Twilight then look to each other and back.

“What do you mean by tha-“

MONTAGE!!!

While Twilight meditates, you are waxing Zecora’s cart sized cauldron.

“Remember. Wax on, Wax Off,
If you slack, I shall give you a boff!”

“Ugh! Why does a cauldron need to be waxed anyw- *WHACK*” the shaman answers you with a whack of her stick.

MONTAGE!!!

You are now painting the outside of her house, while Twilight still meditates.

“Up down, Up down,
Get it going you clown!”

“It’s a tree! Why does it need pai-*WHACK*”

MONTAGE!!!

“Right circle, then left circle!
Do it or I shall beat you purple!”

Twilight is still meditating, meanwhile there are paint flecks on your coat and you are now on the floor of her house with sandpaper on your hooves.

“Yes mistress Zecora, can I do anything else for you? Perhaps build you a freaking mansion?!” you growl.

*WHACK*

“AAAHHH!!!” you yell in frustration.

“That was for being a smartass,
Now do your training, and quit with the sass!”

MONTAGE!!!

Kichi’s Comment

Kersey's Comment

“Come on Zecora! How is this training?!” you whine and rub the various bumps on your head.

“My lesson choices will be followed, even if they are a pain,
Or would you rather bear the brunt of my whacking stick again?”

“Grrr,” you give in. “It’s still not fair that Twilight is doing Star Wars stuff with water and I’m just cleaning your house!”

She then lifts an eyebrow at you, causing you to sigh.

“Just go ahead and do it.”

She just nods.

*WHACK*

MONTAGE!!!

You growl at the boring task given to you. Zecora has given you two burlap sacks, one full of rice, and the other empty. Her task? Transfer the rice from one bag to the other using only chopsticks.

“And why do we even need chopsticks?!” you glare at the two pieces of wood. “Spoons called, they said you’re retired!”

Bugze, calm thyself. It's no use getting upset.

What?! How can you say that when Nightshade is inside that dome and I'm busy playing with archaic food tools?! Shouldn't you be mad as well?

I am mad, don't you think otherwise. But you felt the power of that dome, even with the Cloak we would not be able to break it open. There's no time to act irrational.

Ugh, how can you be so calm?

The drugs you force upon the filth? I took a tiny portion for myself. Knowing how upset our daughter would inevitably become, I wanted something to calm me down and be able to think

Well why didn't you share?! Because while you're being rational and clear headed, I'm messing around with the worst import from Neighsa!

I can't afford to have you compromised my bug. Lest we allow our power to fall into the hooves or our...enforced guest.

I'm not an en-fenced goose! I'm a prisonar here!

"GRRAAGHHH! Buck Sobriety and Buck Chopsticks!" you roar outloud.

While you tirade at the obsolete eating implements, Zecora and Twilight whisper to each other.

"Not to question you or anything, but what do all these little exercises do for him?”

Zecora just sighs and shakes her head,

“A good friend he is, but he does have a major fault for sure,
He is immensely impatient, and quick to anger.”

Twilight’s eyes light up in understanding,

"Oh, I think I get it. You’re giving him intentional degrading and frustrating tasks to help him control his anger?"

“Eyup, as the brother of your honest friend would say..." she nods.

“Burn you outdated utensils, BURN!!!” you yell as you set the chopsticks on fire and throw the bag of rice against the wall.
Zecora’s eye twitches,

“…Though I doubt he’ll be learning that lesson this day.”

She then walks over to you and your head proceeds to be introduced to the Whacking Stick again and again while Twilight just stares.

“…Maybe we should have asked Zecora for help in fighting you from the beginning.”

ALWAYS FADE OUT WITH A MONTAGE…

“Very good you two,
I can already see improvement through and through.”

“The bookworm didn’t even DO anything today! All she did was sit around with her eyes closed moving water!”

She huffs and looks back to you,

“My mind is already organized unlike your hectic brain! I’ll need it to defeat Trixie before YOU try anything!”

You growl, your eyes flashing as you look to her,

“Get it through your thick bucking head Sparkle, Trixie is going down whether you like it or not!”

“Not if I stop her first!”

“Why you little- “

“ENOUGH!” the Zebra shouts causing you both to shut up and look at her.

“Dear Celestia you two give each other too much gruff.
I know enemies you may be,
But if you’re just going to squabble like children, then you can get out of my tree!”

“B-but Zecora,” Twilight starts.

“No! I want no more arguing from you two,
I want you sit at that table together and talk things through.”

“But…” you try to interject.

She just glares and points her hoof towards the table. You both give in and sit down across from each other.

ThePonySpartan’s Comment

“Now, talk it out, and settle some bad blood,
Or I swear I shall toss you two into the mud.”

She then sits there like a moderator.

You look to each other and sigh before Zecora signals Twilight to start talking.

With another sigh, she begins.

"Okay... It's just that we don't know much about you. You're always at the most chaotic times of Equestria. Almost every single one,” she punctuates. "Aside from when Nightmare Moon returned, and recently when Discord was "reformed” you’ve always been there.”

I was there you little tramp, when you tried to kill me, Selena says in indignation.

“Nearly every single evil or chaotic encounter Equestria has had in the last three years, and you were there." She glares at you and continues. "What makes it worse is that you make the situation ten times more chaotic. You always say how you want to fight for the innocent but in the end you end up hurting them! And on top of all that you're a Changeling; A species that lies to live!"

You are about to go off on Twilight but Zecora puts a hoof up to keep you silent.

Speciest. Maybe that’s why Flash likes you so much.

"If you were what you claimed to be, then you would be a true hero,” Twilight continues. “Take that bounty hunter for example. I believe his name was the Crimson Vengeance? He had goals and fulfilled them with little to no casualty. He made Equestria a much more peaceful place to live by taking out the Crimson Knights. If you did something as close to amazing as he did, then maybe, and this is a very minor maybe, I would take a chance to trust you.”

Oh for Buck’s Sake!

“If only I could trust you, I would truly try to help you. Especially with your daughter,” she admits. “And that's another thing, I don't know where she came from, if you stole her, found her, or somehow created an alicorn weapon of some sort. But there's one thing I know for sure. Out of all the ponies you're putting in danger, SHE'S the one in the most danger."
You're about to scream even with Zecora moderating.

"But... I guess I can't blame you."

...What?

"When you're on the run from an entire nation, I guess you have to take a lot of risks. Wherever she came from, we all know you deeply care for her, even if that care ends up hurting others. I wouldn’t see you two separated…"

Twilight isn't making it clear what she's feeling. Her face holds no emotion, but she seems to be in deep thought.

"I... guess that's all I can say about you. You're confusing... and that's what makes you dangerous. We have no clue what's going on. Those orange deadly glowing eyes…or rather one orange and one red now, those tails, your power, how Discord can’t seem to find you, your goa- No,” she stops herself and looks back up. “We do know one goal you have, and that's to protect that filly, your…daughter… and you always get out of control in anger when she's threatened, hurt, or in danger..." She still shows no emotion.

“Other than that one goal, we don’t know what makes you tick, why you still get violent and angry even when she’s not around, or why you keep getting into the thick of things when you claim you want to be left alone…” she pauses and then finishes, "That's all I have to say."

Zecora looks at you with a nod. You guess it's your turn to speak.

You sigh.

"I guess I can see it from your side…but do you know what went through my head when you were uttering your confusions?” she shakes her head no. “It’s the same thought that’s been going through my head for so many years,” you sigh and say, “I can't believe this is how it even is between us.”

She quirks an eyebrow in confusion at that.

“All of this, all of this hunting and fighting, all because of some dumb stuff that happened three years ago. Anyone, even you Sparkle would agree that if I were a pony then things would have been different. Maybe you would have listened to my apologies or tried to help a poor lost soul out…But no, as you pointed out, I’m a changeling…and that makes all the difference.”

She looks like she wants to say something, but holds back.

“I guess it's way too late now, with the things I’ve done since then, but I'm sorry for our past Twilight. And if Applejack, Rainbow Dash or Rarity were sitting quietly listening like you are now I would tell them the same thing. I know they wouldn’t listen and think I was lying, but I would do it anyway.” You then rub the sides of your cheeks and take a deep breath.

"This cloak I’m wearing? I know it just made everything worse. I can't blame you for how you acted towards me when I wore this thing. It made me look really suspect and I should have realized that. But then again, I didn't want anypony knowing I was a changeling, and not a very good one either. In the end, it didn’t even matter, Celestia uncovered me and I was still on the run, the only difference is I was wearing this stupid thing,” you say tugging at the coat.

“At first, I did truly want to protect the innocent. I thought maybe if I was a super hero things might change…and they did, just not for the better. Those tails? My power? They’re one in the same. A gift that even to this day I can’t fully control, and maybe I don’t want to,” you admit.

You then look right into Twilight’s eyes,

“And you’re right about my goal. All I've ever wanted was to live peacefully with my baby. Away from judgmental fanatical ponies where we could just live...But because I am cursed by Lady Luck, I always end up in places I don’t mean or want to be, and it just keeps screwing up that one goal. I get overprotective, I get mad, and things go downhill from there.”

It feels like you’re unloading a weight off your chest, so you take another deep breath and ask,

“Do you know why I killed Flag Burner?"

Twilight shakes her head.

"Because I lost it. He’d claimed that he’d sent Knights after my daughter. That was bad on it’s own, and I almost left it at that…but then those explosions went off. I thought…I thought that I’d failed and thousands had died. I didn’t know that the Do…that the buildings had already been evacuated. I saw red, and the next thing I knew, his blood was on my hoof, and there was hatred in your brother’s eyes.” She seems taken aback by your recollection.

“I won't say it's not my fault, because it is, heaven help me it is…but sometimes things just happen, and those things aren’t always good." You lean back a bit and stare at the table. "Say... what would you do if Spike was taken by some evil force?"

"...I would go to the ends of Equestria to save him if I had to," she answers honestly.

You nod.

“If you did, you would go all out to save him…just be careful not to go down the road I went.”

Twilight looks conflicted for a bit before sitting quietly.

"And with Sombra... I have no excuse for that either, none that you would understand anyway. An innocent got hurt and I lost control. You're all right, I am a monster for what I did...”

You then look up from the table.

“But that doesn't mean I'm going to give up on my daughter just because you ponies want to put me away. Whatever comes, I won’t stop." You sigh.

"I haven’t shown up in awhile for a reason Twilight. There's a reason I haven’t been a part of something big since The Crystal Empire. I don’t want to see innocents hurt, and I don't want my daughter to look at me as the monster that I am,” you admit which causes her eyes to soften.

“I’m trying, I’m trying so hard on working for a way for us to live in peace, away from all this, away from everyone else. That way, I won’t be a problem for anyone. And noling is going to stop me from reaching that goal...” You get up and neither Twilight or Zecora try to stop you.

"I never hated any of you. In fact, you guys are kind of like my friends... as weird as that sounds." You turn and make your way towards the front door. "Trixie on the other hoof, I hate with all my heart,” you growl. “If she is going around, claiming that taking over an entire town is all for me, then I have to stop her. My rampages began with Trixie, and they’ll end with her. Once this score is settled, I’m gone.” You then open the door.

“Wait!” Twilight calls. You pause, not looking back.

“I…I thought that you didn’t want her to see you as a monster…”

You sigh and say, “I know I did…” with that, you step outside and close the door. They don’t follow after you and you take a deep breath.

Wow, I feel so much lighter now.

You expressed feelings that have weighed heavily upon you for three years, that burden was bound to be heavy. I know I felt lighter when you and I spoke.

Yeah. Still, I wish it hadn’t been during such dire straits, when I know I’m going to be fighting.

When you know you are going to be fighting for all the “Wrong Reasons?” Sombra chuckles.

Quiet You!

No, he’s right…I am going to be fighting for all the wrong reasons. Selly…I’m going to hurt Trixie when I see her again. Please hold me back from going too far, because I don’t know if I can… you admit in trepidation.

…You’re stronger than you know Bugze. I shall intervene if necessary but…I believe you’ll be able to stop yourself from being consumed…

That makes two of us… you think as you look at the dome through the treetops.

Can you contact her via sleep? You ask.

Unfortunately no. Whatever power that dome is made of, it is blocking even my connection to her.

You clench your teeth at that.

She is resourceful Bugze. I fret for her too, but I feel for now that she is safe.

She better be…

She is strong. I daresay the young overlord will bring this Magician to her knees, Sombra chuckles darkly.

Oh pipe down. She Pinkie Promised not to fight till I got there. She knows better than to break one of those…

POV Change: Nightshade

SHOWTIME

Loophole abuse, here I come! You think in glee as Snips and Snails pull her wheel-less carriage…

Fireheart1945’s Comment

Over a concealed mine of fireworks which blows up the carriage and sends Trixie flying forward into the street.

“WHAAAAAA!!!! OOMPH!” she yells as she hits.

“Whoah, what was that?” Snails asks slowly.

“Who cares? Run!” Snips yells and they both take off down the street.

“Oooohhh…” Trixie groans clearly dazed.

“Looks like Cranky Doodle was right on the money when he said Snips and Snails wouldn’t set it off,” you smirk.

“Do you think it’s odd that he just randomly knows how to make specific explosives?” Spike asks.

“Nope, not when it’s convenient,” you answer truthfully. “Especially when we had to deal with the Element Inconvenience last night.”

Kichi’s Comment

Flashback.

"Are you sure you can't just use the Elements and send Trixie to the moon?"

"I told you Darling, we need Twilight to use the Elements" comments McStabFlank.

"Really? Why not use Spike?" you ask.

They give you a weird look at that.

"Not that I have anything against Spike, but why him?" Applejack inquires.

"Yeah, why me?” he adds just as confused.

“Weren’t you the new Rainbow Dash last year when Discord made them all grey?” you ask him. This causes him and the other mares to roll their eyes.

"Yeaaah, No we’re not going to do that,” Rainbow punctuates.

“And besides, it didn’t work,” Spike adds.

“Oh right…well then what good are you guys?” you growl causing them to scrunch their noses up.

“Whatever squirt, you deal with your end, we’ll try to research more about this Alicorn Amulet,” Rainbow says pointing to the book in Spike’s claws.

“Fine, sure, waste your time,” you grumble as Applebloom comes up and whispers to you.

“Hey Nightshade, why don’t YOU fight Trixie? I mean…you are an alicorn.”

You just shake your head and whisper back,

“I’m not exactly keen on advertising that Bloom. Also, I Pinkie Promised my dad that I wouldn’t fight.”

“Why did you do that?” she asks.

“Because I wasn’t thinking clearly. The dome freaked me out.”

“Oh…Good point. But why don’t you just ask Pinkie Pie to release you from the promise?”

“Hmmm,” you ponder as you both look to the muzzle-less mare. She just gives you a glare and holds up a piece of paper that says,

“FOREVER!!!”

Shuddering, you say to her,

“Yeah, No.”

Back to the Present

TheRutherford’s Comment

Sharp77’s Comment

“Well we don’t need the Elements, and I don’t need to fight!” you then pull out your Junk Jet and hone in on the dazed blue mare.
“It’s just a prank bro!” you yell as you start launching every harmless think you have on you. Tennis Balls and Whoopee Cushions.

“Gyah! Who is pelting Trixie?!” she yells. Your bombardment sets off others to throw water balloons, bad vegetables, eggs, and etc. You then bring out your next ammo.

"SHARING!!!" you yell as you launch chocolate coins.

They serve to cover the mare in chocolate splotches, so then you bring out your next ammo.

“Clean that hoe up!” you yell launching mops. Where did they come from? Pinkie had a stash of them all over Ponyville, in case of mop emergencies.

"Arg! Who dares hits Trixie with a mo-" *Another mop gets launched into her mouth, which she spits out* Seriously, that is disgust- *Another mop, another spit-take* Who honestly has that many mops? This is ridiculo- *You guessed it, another mop*"

This continues until you run out of mops.

“I’m out already?” you ask in surprise.

“You fired 20 mops at her,” Silver Spoon points out.

“Oh…right,” you say placing the Junk Jet back into your Inventory.

“Seriously, why didn’t she just make a shield around herself?”

“That does it! Trixie is now blocking your assault with her shield!”

You give a deadpan glare at Silver Spoon,

“You just had to tempt it didn’t you?”

She chuckles nervously as you usher your group to move along the rooftops to your next positions.

BrownDog’s Comment

“What in the world is going on around here?!” Trixie declares as all the bombardments splash against her magic. “Where are all these water balloons toys and stink bombs coming from?! And who would dare use Fireworks against Trixie? Those are HER Tools!” she growls. An egg hits and she sees one of the stations of the colt army.

“If you mean to harm Trixie, she will respond in kind!” she yells sending a blast of magic towards the outpost. Luckily, the colts are able to scamper off.

“Crap! She’s getting wise!” you declare before turning to Applebloom. “Quickly, signal Mare Krypnonite into action!”

“Why do you have to call him that? It’s kind of creepy,” Applebloom shakes her head in disgust.

“Just Do It!”

“Fine,” she says with a roll of her eyes before picking up an apple and tossing it into the alley way nearest to your roof, signaling the asset.

As Trixie walks through the street, constantly stepping on hidden whoopee cushions and startling cans of fake snakes, she yells,

“The Great and Powerful Trixie has had enough of this Childish Behavior! When the Offender returns, you will be punished like the children you are! Do you hear meeeeee…..” she trails off as she rounds the corner and sees Mare Kryptonite in play.

Big Mac is in tight fitting denim overalls and is curling a wagon like it’s a dumbbell. He then puts it down and grabs a bottle of water and dumps it on his head before whipping his mane about. To top it off, he gives Trixie a wink.

“Oh…My…” Trixie stammers with a heavy blush. She’s not the only one. Your cheeks feel pink (for some reason you think it feels wrong) and you see Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo blushing, while Applebloom just facehooves and scrunches her face. Shaking your head you think,

Stay focused, just keep walking towards the alleyway you strumpet…

“Ahem,” Trixie coughs and saunters towards him, her shield protection fading off. “Hello!” she says causing Mac to look to her. “What’s a fine piece of Stallion like you doing in a dump like this?”

He just shrugs and says, “Working out.”

Just a bit further…

“Well, now that Trixie knows someone of your, uh, Magnitude is around she would very much appreciate it if you absconded with her to somewhere private and…”

You all don’t hear what she’s propositioning as she enters the killzone.

“Now!” you yell.

Silver Spoon on the other rooftop then drops a most terrible weapon upon Trixie’s head. A tiny net.

“EEEEKKKK!” Trixie wails and starts shaking about. “Trixie has been bamboozled by sheer raw masculinity! Not the Tiny Net, Not the Tiny Net! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!” she yells and starts blasting magic uselessly as it goes through the holes.

“Never underestimate the power of the tiny net,” you smirk.

While Big Mac runs off, Trixie flails herself onto another hidden Firework mine which blows her into a vegetable stand and knocks the net off!

“Gorramnit!” she shouts.

While she is distracted you and Sweetie send up a signal in the shape of a music note.

“Drop the bass Vinyl!”

“You All Ready For This?!” Comes a loudspeaker voice

“Wha?” Trixie sputters before a loudspeaker is shoved into her face and intense music blasts her down the street and into a pit of mud.

“Really? Why is there just a random pit of mud here?!” Trixie yells, holding her ears.

“Don’t question it!” comes a voice that suspiciously sounds like Thunderlane.

“Ugh! Trixie is sick and tired of all this! Shut off that terrible music! Trixie has never heard anything as bad as this!”

“Challenge Accepted!” comes a soundbite, followed by a record scratch.

Vinyl’s voice then comes across the loudspeakers.

“Ponyville, you best put your headphones on or you’ll regret it!”

You and your cohorts do just that, and in the nick of time, for Vinyl starts blasting…something indescribably bad.

“AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!” Trixie yells holding her ears as the “Song” hits her ears. “It Burns!”

She then runs about, looking for the source of the music getting hit by more pranks along the way.

Filthy Rich and Diamond Tiara launch wet pieces of paper at her.

“How is this a prank Dad?” she asks.

“Those coupons are expired,” he explains with a smile.

Covered in mud, paper, and whatever else, and going nuts with the horrible music, Trixie eventually finds Vinyl’s Record Table and proceeds to blow it up, causing silence to fall across the town.

APonyReadingFanFic‘s Comment

Trixie lets out a sigh of relief, “Ahhhh…” before another source of music starts blaring from the other direction, playing something much worse than the last song.

“AAAAAHHHHH!!!” she screams, running towards that source of music.

“Follow that whorse!” you yell to your troops as you continue to run along the rooftops.

You continue to watch as the strategic pranksters hit her with all they’ve got.

ThePonySpartan’s Comment

When Trixie gets hit from water fired from a fire hose, you start laughing your flank off, not noticing that she accidentally shot out a beam of magic into the air…and that it was headed right towards you

“Nightshade!” you hear Spike call and notice too late that the magic is going to hit you…

“Oh Cra- *WHOOSH*

Or rather it would have hit you if Spike hadn’t sent out his fire breath which caused the magic blast to dissipate. All you feel is the rush of wind from where the magic used to be.

"Nightshade!" Spike parkours from the other rooftops towards you. "Are you okay?"

You don’t answer his question as you too busy admiring his save. You turn to him with bright eyes and say

"That was amazing Spike! How did you do that?"

"Uh..." he scratches the back of his head, "I figured out that my magical fire can burn magical molecules after I was helping out the crusaders with something. I kinda burped when Sweetie Belle was using her magic, and... well... it's self-explanatory."

"That's so cool! It's like a counter to magic, like how fire beats grass types in Ponymon!" you squee.

"Yeah, well... just don't tell Twilight. She'll experiment on me for months!" he chuckles.

You giggle.

"Your secret's safe with me. Thanks for the save!" You rush up and peck him on the cheek, and turn around to focus on Trixie. You don't know why you did, but it felt like the right thing to do at the moment.

Unbeknownst to you, Spike has a shocked dazed look and is blushing furiously. You see Trixie snarl and teleport towards the other DJ table and end the horrible ear plowing noise.

"Hurry up, Spike!" You yell back at him, still oblivious to what you’ve done to him.

“Uh huh…anything for you…heh heh heh…” he says dazed as he follows you.

When you and your troops finally catch up to her, you notice that she isn’t moving at all as her eyes are glowing more fiercely red, and she is chuckling madly.

DWC’s Comment

And not only that...smiling. Not the good kind of smile, but the 'Hi I'm insane and will wear your skin as a coat' kind of smile.

“Eh heh, heh heh, ha ha ha ha!!! Oh such wonderful despair will come to this town.” She then continues laughing even as some Pegasus foals drop some mane dye on her, making half her coat black.

"Pefect…just perfect! When Hoody sees how much despair these fools have caused me, our revenge will be multiplied by thousands! Soon his rage and my despair will bring this town to it's knees! Pupupupupupu!" she laughs that weird laugh as she looks around with that mad smile at all the ponies pranking her.

Holly Balls. This nut is way more off her rocker than I thought. Like, by at least fifty feet! You think a bit chilled.

She just continues to laugh at her attackers, before some sort of switch is thrown and she shouts in rage,

"ENOUGH!"

A magic blast erupts from her horn and washes over a majority of the pranksters, lifting them up in her grasp, including most of your friends. Poor Spike was still too dazed for some reason to avoid the attack. Luckily, you and Silver Spoon were one of the few to avoid capture.

“You cretins want a show? Then let’s have a show!” Trixie declares as she carries all of the ponies towards the open area of Town Hall.

“Diamond,” Silver whimpers.

“Girls, Spikey…I mean Spike,” you mutter when Silver looks at you funnily.

“What are we going to do? Twilight’s still not here.”

“Grr, we follow them. Exposing ourselves now is stupid.”

She agrees and you two silently track the mare with half the town in her grasp.

You both catch up in time to witness Trixie roughly dropping all of the captured ponies onto the road, before in another flash of light, a stage appears behind her.

She walks upon it and glares at all the pranksters.

“So, you think it was a good idea to mock and laugh at Trixie? To humiliate and hurt her and run her out of town? Just like you did three years ago?” she all but spits in contempt.

Nopony says anything, they just glare at her.

“Oh you think you’re all so moral. What I am dishing out to you is justice for the Hooded Offender!”

“This isn’t justice!” Octavia yells. “This is a mockery of what he stand for!”

Other members of the crowd then start yelling as well.

“You’re nothing but a two bit villain!” Octavia yells once more.

Trixie’s eyes narrow, before suddenly a smirk adorns her face as her eyes glow red.

“Oh I am, am I?”

A blast of magic then sweeps across the town, freezing everyone in place.

“I’m a villain huh?” she asks. “Just like you’ve all labeled The Offender as a villain?” she then nods with a look of agreement.

“Then so be it…” she chuckles as you notice the Amulet on her cloak glowing along with her eyes.

You then hear music coming from nowhere.

“Another musical number already?” you grunt exasperated.

Once Trixie gets to the center of the crowd, she starts singing.

I'm not the damsel in distress.

She saunters to Big Mac.

I'm not your marefriend or the frightened princess.

She gives a glare to Fluttershy and the rest of the Deadly 6.

I'm not a little bird who needs your help to fly.

She then turns them black and white like her stuffed bear.

Nope... I'm the bad guy.
All these worthless heroes that you see,

She points to the Elements.

Each of them, with shaking knees, has knelt before me.
So I'm not your teammate or your partner in crime.
What am I, ladies?

The Elements and Big Mac sing in unison,

She's the bad guy.

Chuckling, Trixie turns to the rest of the frozen crowd, stopping in front of the Flower Trio

Oh, it's magic
To watch a plant

She then ages the three into old mares.

Shrivel up and die.
Oh, it's thrillin'
To be a villain.

She then sweeps her leg around at the town

I destroy their homes and then I watch them cry.

She chuckles as her eyes grow brighter and her voice more gravelly.

'Cause I'm the bad guy!

She then lines several ponies, foal and adult alike, upon the stage

Oh, ain't it fantastic?
I see something, I BLAST it!

The ponies are struck down like bowling pins and groan

And let me tell you why.

Her eyes unglow just a tad, and her voice goes back to normal.

I've always had a weakness
For barrenness and bleakness.
I crush all your hopes and then I watch you cry.

She then starts throwing all of the pranking weapons onto each and every pony.

See, I find this business rather fun!
I don't want your assistance or your adulation!
I'll vaporize your town and bid ya bye-bye!

She then lifts them all up into the air again.

Why?
Come on, GUESS!!

"'Cause you're the bad guy?" You ask from behind her.

Or, well, mare.

She then laughs maniacally as you glare at her back.

You didn’t plan to leave your and Silver's hiding spot, but what she’s been doing to the towns folk has royally pissed you off.

As she stops laughing Trixie asks,

“By the way, who spoke just now? I didn’t give any of you permission to sing.”

She turns around,

ThePonySpartan’s Comment

And notices you glaring at her intensely.

"You mother bucking..." You whisper out in rage. This causes Trixie to smirk.

"Trixie knows how much you can't help but stare, but please not with such an angry face like that."

"You're so lucky I promised not to hurt you!" you declare causing her to raise an eyebrow.

"Hurt me?” she then chuckles and and sweeps her arm towards all of the captured towns ponies. “What could you possibly do to Trixie?"

You growl and narrow your eyes,

"I would make you beg for forgiveness, for what you did to The Offender…What you did to me…"

She gives you an inquisitive glare.

“Who are you? Because you are either very brave or very dumb.”

“I’m Ni…I’m Twilight Sparkle’s protégé.”

This causes her eyes to widen.

“Protégé? Trixie had no idea she had one of those. But it matters not. Trixie has already beaten your teacher, so what chance would you have against the Great and Powerful Tri-“

"Stop using third-person, you bucking b!@#&!" you roar as your eyes glow white. Everyone in town looks shocked at your words, though some like Dj-Pon3 and all the foals and Spike look at you in agreement and awe. Trixie on the other hand looks very annoyed.

"My, my, what a dirty mouth you have...” she seethes. “You’re just as arrogant as Sparkle if you think you can beat me.”

“I would if I could, But I promised not to fight you!” you growl as you shake.

Trixie takes in your rage shuddering form and smirks.

“As if you could, but Trixie likes you moxy child. Therefore Trixie will offer you an alternative.”

“And what is that?” you growl.

“I shall defeat you in a Magic Duel, just like your pathetic teacher. That way you will know just how outclassed you are.”

"A... a magic duel?" You ask, your eyes glowing a bit dimmer.

"A duel which tests who has better magic tricks. Of course that is moi, but a brat such as yourself needs a more direct lesson." She then drops all of the captured ponies onto the ground.

“So what say you student of Sparkle, would you like to lose gloriously to Trixie?”

You stare at her and think on what she’s said.

Well, if it’s just magic tricks it won’t exactly be a fight. It’ll be a competition…Loophole Abuse Ahoy!

You nod and say,

“Alright, but if I win, you take down the dome and get the buck out of town.”

She smiles with that creepy as all Tartarus smile and says,

“That won’t be happening child. When you lose, and you will, Trixie will take you to be HER protégé. That will drive Sparkler even more into despair! Pupupupupu!”

All around you, there is a hush. The recolored Deadly 6 (sans Twilight) show no emotion, the poor Flower Trio now feebly sit on the ground, and all the battered pranksters you brought into this fight look upon you with worry. You find the eyes of your six closest friends, Five Fillies and a dragon. They look upon you with worry as well, but also with smiles of encouragement.

You then stare down the crazy mare. The mare responsible for all the hardships in your life. The mare who hurt Daddy the most.

Oh it is on…

“Fine. Bring it on you bucking backstabber,” you growl in bravado.

“Good…so much despair will come from you…”Trixie smiles insanely at that as her eyes glow red, staring into your own white glowing eyes.

You’re about to enter into a competition without fighting, which is your strongest suit, against a Mare that enslaved an entire town and is off her rocker.

Gulping you think,

I gotta pull out every trick I know…

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Author's Note:

Time for a Magic Duel.

Let's see how well Nightshade does when it's not a fight like she's used to.

Same Rules as last two chapters. No Princesses, Discord, Doctor, revealing identities, killing, etc. Have fun, but don't end the arc yet, Bugze hasn't gotten his turn.

Last Chapter's Answer: Pretty broad range of hate for last year's movies. Doesn't matter if they had good reviews or not, your hatred is subjective, as it should be. I myself absolutely despised Batman V. Superman. Why? Because it's well known that Batman is a murderous psychopath that has no problem using guns and killing countless villains to complete his goal. Oh no wait, THAT'S THE PUNISHER!!! Screw BVS :flutterrage:!

This Chapter's Question:

What movie do you absolutely hate, that the vast majority of people love?

While we're all still riding the hate train, might as well get this one out. Be honest, and no one give flak to others for their answers.

Expect the next chapter by Sunday at the earliest. See ya then Hive Mind.

PreviousChapters Next