• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 3,198 Views, 1,640 Comments

Life of a Wanted Changeling Season 3: Tyrants, Terrorists, and Tiaras, Oh My! - Down with Chrysalis



The continued adventures of you, Bugze the Changeling! (Comment-Driven Story)

  • ...
21
 1,640
 3,198

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 40: Time For a SPENDING SPREE!!! (Cutting the Funds Part 5)

Opening Theme:

BrownDog's Comment

To start off your spending spree, you decide to order work out equipment, health food, and sugarless/butterless snacks that will be delivered to his door.

"This is just plain evil daddy, this CAN'T be food."

"Precisely the point my dear," you smirk as you stand in the Health Food store check out line.

You figured that, considering this Kersey's bio of being fat and enjoying fat food, a clear message that someling is messing with his money is by spending it on things he most likely hates/never uses. After that you all travel to the local Cable Company. You use his money to tinker with his cable subscription to where he only gets to watch Mexicoltan Soap Operas.

"Try being a recluse on this Kersey," you say as you all leave the building.

With Kersey

The screen on his Television changes, and two Mexicoltan actors are dramatically speaking to each other in an obvious set house.

"The buck is this? Where's my cartoons?!" he groans from his lazy colt recliner. He then reaches for the remote, only to notice that it is on top of the TV 4 feet away from him.

"OH NO! I'm already comfortable and I refuse to get up! It might as well be on the moon! NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" he screams to the heavens.

Back With You

After accomplishing some personal trolling on Kersey's behalf, the three of you decide to head off and just go nuts. The first place you go to is...

Kersey's Comment

A luxury airship place being guided by a salespony in a suit.

"What are we doing here Daddy? I'd figure a big fat guy would love a giant blimp" Nightshade asks.

"Well that may be true, but these are the snootiest of the snooty, and we need to send a loud-and-clear message to Kersey written in his Bits," you reply.

"The Fancy-ius 9001 -- She's the limo of the sky," the sales pony says gesturing to an airship the size of a yacht, "Each one comes with it's own rentable crew, full-pleather and Neighponese silk interiors, a fully stocked kitchen and chef, and a Jacuzzi."

"Let's talk cost," you say.

"Fully decked, around 20 million," he says

"Oh," Aqua comments.

"That's not really what we had in mind," you reply.

"We do have some more economical alternative-" the salespony tries to offer, but you interrupt

"The problem is volume," you smirk, "We'll need three... With each one plated in gold, diamond studs, and silver separately..."

His eyes light up at this.

"A-are you serious?" he asks.

"Heck yeah we are! How else are we going to play BUMPER BLIMPS OVER VANHOOVER?!!!

SOMETIME LATER

You, Aqua, and Nightshade stare at the now wrecked and burning airships on the outskirts of Vanhoover. As the three of you watch the burning display you hear Aqua sigh before saying,

"Well...that went about as well as expected."

You can't help but nod at her statement before saying,

"You're right...lets get out of here before the guards show up, can't exactly spend all of Kersey's money behind bars can we?"

Aqua and Nightshade nod their heads and the three of you run back into the city, just as the guards and firestallions show up.

As the three of you head back into the city, you come across....

Lord Sergal's Comment

a bizzare little shop placed in between two skyscrapers. "Gear Box's Invention Emporium?" you read, walking towards the large windows out front. Suddenly, a balsa wood timberwolf stalks by before being tagged by a laughing colt, who proceeds to chase after him. Paper cranes flutter around the shelves and, was that a clockwork changeling running the register?

Walking inside, you find the one actually managing the store and walk up to him. "Hey, can you tell me- YOU!!"

The strange creature from Applewood that was in the Nightmare You Animatronic blinks for a second before recognizing you. "Oh, hai there buddy. Haven't seen you since the movie."

"I-bu-now wait just a second! You work for the Crimson Knights! Why are you here?"

"Umm, no I don't, I was hired for a gig in a high budget movie, I didn't know they were Knights," he replies as he stares at you with confusion. "Oh yeah, sorry about biting you by the way. If it helps, you taste terrible."

At this point Druggie Sombrero begins laughing his tail off...and still no Selena to quiet him. You on the other hoof are completely flabbergasted. He reaches up and pulls down a pocket watch. "Here, this should make up for it."

"Umm... Thanks?" You pay for a set of magic erasable paints (for the extortionate price of one thousand bits) for Nightshade and Mangle before you leave. "Huh, I guess that weird thing wasn't so bad after all."

MEANWHILE

The unusual creature walks to the back room where the owner Gear Box is bound and gagged. The poor unicorn runs out immediately to call for the guards as soon as he is freed. "I tell you that clockwork's a powerful thing," he sings as he picks up a book, knocking down the rest of the shelf to draw less attention. "There's a terrible strength in those tightly wound springs." He flips to an apparently random page with a sigil covering it. "And a gentlecolt's pocket watch sits by his heart." It glows as he touches the page. "And that's where the damage can start. Hahahahahaha" His maniacal laughter fills the room even after he is sucked into the book.

BACK WITH YOU

As the three of you exit the strange shop, you can't help but look at the pocket watch the strange creature gave you. You don't know why but it seems to be omitting a feeling of dread, like it's more dangerous than it looks.

"Meh, not my problem, I'll be selling it back later anyway."

With that said you put the strange pocket watch into The Inventory and continue looking for places to waste money.

The Rutherford's Comment

Kersey's Comment

As you and your group proceed to buy up the city, you see a stallion's luxury suits shop. Deciding that this was a good place to waste money you all head in.

While Aqua and Nightshade are engaged in some uncharacteristically girly (for them) dress-trying, you try on a 5,000 Bit bespoke black two button notch lapel two piece suit made with hoof-crafted Hoovestralian wool and Neighponese silk linings, a white Prench cuff shirt made with Saddle Arabian cotton, and a red tie made from Neighponese silk with a Bowler Hat. For some reason, you feel like another changeling is currently wearing the exact same type of clothing.

"Eh, probably nothing."

With that said you buy the suit, as well as have the "El Hunko suit" repaired.

"From the ashes of homelessness, El Hunko will rise back to fanciness!" you chant in glee as the suit is cleaned, stitched, and brought back to it's former glory.

"Fancy Suit" Added to Refund Section of Inventory

El Hunko suit returned to prime status

After you get your El Hunko suit repaired, you then notice that the shop makes custom suits. You end up getting a tailor made pinstripe suit, with a (proper) fedora You decide to name this your "Scarface Outfit."

You hope to get a chance to use it before you return it through.

"Scarface Outfit" Added to Refund Section of Inventory

LATER

You wind up in a weapons shop. As you browse around, you see many new "toys" you could use, all non-lethal of course. The one that captures you interest the most is a crossbow (disguised as a guitar case) with sleep bolts (a bit extra, but you don't care) and an umbrella with a penguin handle, that has about a dozen sleep gas canisters

Again, you really hope you get a chance to use these before returning them.

New Weapons Added to Refund Section of Inventory

As the three of you exit the weapon shop, you hear Nightshades stomach grumble, soon followed by yours and Aqua. The three of you share a look before you all rush to the nearest, fanciest, and most expensive restaurant you all could find called "Eggsy's Exorbance". It's a super fancy establishment who's decor just screams "excess" (even the "disposable" napkins are made out of fine Neighponese silk). The greeter tries to turn you away because of your clothes at first, but a flash for your Platinum cards get you a table.

You're all chowing on the complementary bread and butter (a Trottingham-made loaf of sourdough made with 23-carat gold and champagne and Echiré butter made from 66 different Prench cows) when a snooty waiter reads you the menu,

"For the appetizer, we have the Westin Bagel. A bagel baked with the finest grains in-house with a white truffle cream cheese, goji berry-infused Riesling jelly, and gold leaf. 1,000 Bits each."

"For the entree of the day, we have the Pizza Royale; A personal-sized thin-crust wood-fire baked open sandwich with a sauce made of the finest pedigree heirloom tomatoes, white alba truffle paste, shredded aged Caciocavallo and Pule Cheeses made from a tiny sect of donkeys in Stalliongrad, Matsutake mushrooms, lobster marinated in cognac, caviar soaked in champagne, and gold shavings. 5,500 Bits. With a side of Red Bird's Nest Soup made from swiftlets in south-east Neighpon at an additional 2,500 Bits."

"If you're looking for fruit, we have a whole Densuke Watermelon. An ultra-rare, perfectly-spherical, pitch-black skinned specimen of Neighponese watermelons. 6,100 Bits each."

"For beverages we have the standard selection of centuries old wine along with a 8,000 Bit antique bottle of Swish Apple Juice for the young madam."

"And finally for dessert we have the Frrrozen Haute Chocolate; An ice cream sundae containing a blend of 28 cocoas, including 14 of the most expensive in the world. It is decorated with edible gold and served in a goblet lined with edible gold with an 18 karat gold bracelet with 1 carat of diamonds in the bottom of the sundae, served with a golden spoon decorated in white and chocolate diamonds, both of which go home with the diner. 25,000 Bits."

"Hmmm..." The three of you ponder.

"If you want something more... economical, you do have tap water from the bathroom si-" the waiter scoffs snootily.

"We'll take a dozen of each!" Nightshade says, causing the waiter's eyes to bulge out before fainting.

"And get me 2 bottles of that fancy expensive beer made from actual ice by penguins." Aqua says to the downed waiter.

SOMETIME LATER AFTER DINNER

The Pony Spartan's Comment

As you walk around with full bellies, you can't help but swear you hear a yell. The thing is, every time you were buying something new with "your" money today, you always swore you could hear faint yelling of pain. Either behind you or right in front of your face. But every time you looked there was nothing there. Nightshade asked you what was happening but you told her that it was nothing.

"Probably just the wind. The wind usually cries in sadness and pain right?"

With Crying Sadness

"Nooo...Noooo!!!" Kersey wails in his chair eating a tub of ice cream.

"Why? Why?...Why Arturo! Why? Why would you leave Gabriela for her twin sister who is actually her mother?" he blubbers as the the handsome stallion leaves a crying mare. AAAAHHHH!" he cries out in pain and holds his chest.

"Oh what are you soap operas doing to me? This sporadic pain of loss has been eating at me all day, but I can't stop!"

Back With You

After you and the others can't decide on what to buy next after all the big outlandish things, you decide on the next logical outcome.

Buy useless things!

You go out and buy several overpriced televisions along with the warranty, furniture that you just throw away in the dumpsters right after, and even a trampoline, which you will never put together, although you are a bit tempted.

You then head to a music shop to buy a bunch of records, and while there, you see the tabloids that you've seen around for the last 2 days.

Namely, it's Sapphire Shores lambasting the Hooded Offender, and claiming that he's ticked off the wrong Mare.

"Oh come on. That mare can not handle rejection at all. Why can't she just get over it?" You just shake your head and buy some sort of parody record you've never heard of by some artist called Cheese Sandwich.

Meanwhile

In a nightclub, we see a scene that can only be described as the aftermath of a brawl as Sapphire Shores's 4 suit and sunglasses-wearing bouncers/bodyguards are beaten and unconscious all around the room, broken bottles and smashed furniture are all over the floor, and even the DJ booth is on fire, yet all the ponies inside keep dancing as if nothing has happened. In the back alley of the club where we see Changer with Saphire Shores pinned against the wall. Stop thinking like that! As she struggles and tries to get away while he holds her with magic

"What do you want you nutball? I'll sign your dang autograph, just quit handling the goods" she yells.

The stallion gets straight to the point "What did you and The Offender talk about?"

"What? Really? That's what this is all about, that running jerk?" she growls.

"Yes and Don't you dare lie like you did with that Fake Kidnapping."

"Oh please, anypony's who's smart knows that I pulled that as a publicity stunt, and it worked like a charm. And I already told the press everything that jerk said and did. He's looking for some Terrorist. Stupid jerk, doesn't even have the simple common courtesy to take a Mare to Poundsville," she scoffs.

Changer just shakes his head at that, "Enough of that, and that's absolutely all he said? Did he mention the name Kersey?"

"Kersey? Who's-" The magic holding her slightly tightens its grip."He said something about looking for one of the Crimson Knights in the city! I don't know anything about a Kersey!" she says strained.

"Hmph..." He lets go of Saphire Shores who pants on the ground. "So you weren't lying to the papers. That's good to-WHOAH!" he cries out as she suddenly grabs his foreleg and slides underneath him causing him to fall on his back. Before he gets up, she swings her hoof in a hammer blow and strikes him in the nards.

"EEEEEEE" Changer cries as he cradles himself.

"Word of advice sugar, don't let your guard down in front of a mare who knows Capoeira. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a party to get back to," she replies haughtily opening the backdoor, before pausing and looking back.

"Oh and if you're going to choke a mare, go all out, otherwise you leave her unsatisfied," she growls before closing the door angrily.

Changer gets up and limps out of the alley way, using the wall for support.

"Crazy, Freaky Celebrities," he pants before walking awkwardly into the night.

"But then again, that just means The Offender does know where Kersey is. All I got to look for is explosions and screaming, and I'll find that big fat buck," he smiles.

"Now, I just need some ice..."

BACK WITH YOU

BrownDog's Comment

As the day comes to a end, you come across a few strange looking ponies with wide smiles on their faces.

“Hello sir, how are you doing this day?” says an earth pony stallion.

“Um…fine?”

“Oh wonderful, just wonderful,” he says with his unnatural smile. “So, do you have a few moments to talk about Absolute Equality?”

“Uuhhh…” you look around at all the smiling ponies behind their booth. They all have the same cutie mark, an equal sign.

Whoa that’s creepy.

Indeed

There you are! I haven't heard anything from you in three days, Simba won't stop philosophizing, and how many times do I have to say sorry? What's...

These fools have a strange magical reading about them, I can't quite place it, she says ignoring your inquiries.

Wait really? you ask as you look at the stallion who smiles at you, not saying a word.

Yes, be cautious with them. Smiling faces tell lies.

Will do, and good to have you back. You then look back to the creepy ponies and ask.

“Why do you all have the same cutie marks? I thought each one was supposed to be unique.”

“Well that’s the beauty of it sir. With Absolute Equality, nopony is greater than the other. Our wise founder Starlight Glimmer’s message of peace and unity is unmatched,” says a pegasus mare with, you guessed it, another creepy smile.

“I see…well I probably should be going…” you say as you try to walk away.

“But sir, don’t you want to hear about our cause?”

“No thanks, I’ve dealt with too many cults to last me a lifetime, besides I got a spending spree to get back to.”

“A spending spree, then might you be willing to donate to our cause?” asks the stallion.

You stop and turn back around.

“Donate? For what?”

“Well sir, we are trying to raise funds for materials that we might build our own little community, away from unequal civilization,” he says handing you a flier.

Help Us Build Our Town it reads.

You smirk at this.

“Tell you what buddy, how about you take this card, and fund the whole thing,” you say handing him the card.

His eyes widen.

“Are you sure sir?”

“Oh yeah definitely. But buy the materials like right now, because I doubt that card is going to be working past today.”

“Oh thank you sir, you have no idea how happy you’ve made us.”

With those creepy smiles, you would never have guessed.

“No problem. Just remember, I Kersey have funded your little happy Coo-Coo Cola cult.”

“Thank you Kersey! We have to get to Starlight immediately. Equality is at hand!”

“And just like that, Kersey has funded an entire town. Explain that to the IRS,” you smirk.

With that you decide to make your final purchase for the day. That purchase being...

Kersey's Comment

The most expensive penthouse (complete with three stories and beds made of diamond beams) in the city and fill the outside pool (overlooking the city) with gold coins.

"We already have the platinum cards," Aqua asks, "I know we're drawing that Kersey guy out of hiding, but what's with the pool of gold?"

"Simple, I'm gonna swim in it like Scrooge McGoose!"

"Uh, CV gold doesn't work lik-"

"CANNONBALL!" Nightshade declares as she rushes past you two and dives in, splashing the two of you with gold coins.

As Aqua can only stand there shocked, you give her a smug look before diving in too.

"GERONI- *crunch* SON OF A-!!!"

It turns out that Nightshade was unconsciously earthbending the gold so the collection of gold coins would part way easily like water instead of staying a massive solid mass.

Later, you put a few bouncehouses in the penthouse, and then the three of you have a watergun battle with your soaker filled with champagne (while you're wearing a white tuxedo with a red flower), Nightshade's filled with Zafiro Añejo tequila (which you STRICTLY told her NOT to drink), and Aqua just having several bottles of fine wine strapped to a super-fancy silk prom dress as she uses waterbending to splash the wine at you two.

With that final water gun fight you all go to bed.

THE NEXT DAY

Kersey sits with a happy face on. "Oh the wedding, I've waited so long for this moment. Look at Gabriella in that dress," he proclaims excitedly.

Suddenly, on the TV, the church door is kicked open, dramatic music plays, and a handsome stallion is silhouetted.

"Arturo?! NO! You had your chance you idiot!" Kersey screams.

"Artuo?! NO! Usted tuvo su oportunidad idiota!" Gabriella screams.

"That's what I'm saying! AAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!" he screams as he lumbers forward, picks up the TV and throws it out the window. After that he pants heavily after that much activity.

"Ugh, stupid Arturo. Now I need to buy another TV."

He walks over to his door and opens it, and is shocked by what he says. There are packages of health foods, and a total gym and a treadmill in front of his door. All of them have labeling addressed to him.

"What the buck?" he looks at the notes and sees that "He" ordered this equipment. Also there is a note on the door from the Swish Bank asking him to come in to verify several outstanding charges.

"What?! I didn't order any of this crap! What would I need with 3 blimps? I've never eaten at that fancy place! And why in the heck would I stay at that hotel?!" he angrily crushes the note.

"Someone is bucking with me! Gorramit. Brown Dog and Snap Drake, if this is you and your Hippie friends then...no this is beyond their tiny minds. Who would be able to pull this off? Grey Rebl? That trigger happy psycho would pull this kind of stunt. Or maybe it's actually the Royal Guard...NO! They wouldn't know my account it's impossible. Well whoever it is, it ends NOW!" he roars. Before he heads off though, he grabs a few precautionary self defense items off of his desk and angrily stomps down the hall.

With You

You all sit and watch the front of the bank, waiting to see if he shows up.

"Ugh, where is he daddy? I'm so bored," Nightshade whines. She is disguised as a pegasus today.

"Whenever he gets here honey, and once he does, you go into your room, understood?"

"Yeah yeah..." she waves her hoof dismissively.

After a little while more of waiting, and no one showing up, Nightshade's eyes widen as she sees the fastest looking pony she's ever seen or rather she spots a green-coated blob of fat with earth pony features, glasses, a cutie mark of a burger on a film reel, and an orange mane and tail waddling towards the Swish Bank munching on a huge box of Swish Chocolates on his back. The Cloak, is cut open and only resting on his back like a cape as it cannot fit around him.

"I...I...I have to do this," she whispers and rushes off, pulling out something she bought the night before.

"Honey, where are you go-" you begin before your jaw drops at what she's running to. Aqua sees your shocked face and looks, her face soon being a mirror of yours.

"Is that even a pony?" you say flabbergasted.

Nightshade gets right behind the blob and begins to play her platinum and gem-encrusted Tuba she bought, and follow him around as he lumbers along.

"Stop it!" the pony yells, not bothering to turn around. "Cut it out! I'm happy with my body you little bra-*Splat*" he trips over his own feet as he tries to turn his head and yell at Nightshade. When he flops, she lets out an ironic Tuba sound.

"You're welcome, that will be 60 bits please," Nightshade holds out her hoof.

"Buck your bits brat!" he growls as he stumbles himself up panting. "If I didn't have to go claim Identity Theft, I'd take your tuba and send you off to a Mexicoltan orphanage!"

"Oh, and what identity is that, KERSEY?"

"What?! How did...?" he turns around and sees you and Aqua staring at him menacingly.

"How'd you like your new purchases? Used the total gym yet?"

"Oh so you're the bucks who have been using my...Wait..." He looks to your visage and pales.

"All red, and a mask...You're the bounty hunter that newspaper described! The one who took down Kichi!"

"Right-o Roony. Now, why don't you be a good little blob and come quietly?" you snark.

"You'd have to catch me first!" he tries to flee... and he only makes it 5 paces before collapsing completely out of breath and sweating heavily.

"Awww..." Nightshade groans in disappointment just in front of the downed glob of fat, "I wanted to smash him in the face with the Tuba as he tried to flee."

"I know, disappointing am I right?" Aqua agrees.

"*pant* Say *pant* hello *pant* to *pant* my *pant* little *pant* friend! *wheeze*" he pants before rolling over and managing to pull out a device that looks like a box with two pieces of wood on the sides attached to a fluted silver tube at you.

"He's got a gun!" you exclaim and would be questioning how Kersey could have one when they are just fictional weapons that only exist in video games and sci-fi/fantasy movies if you weren't busy casting Force Field around yourself... only to hear several empty

*click*

"Work you stupid bucking thing, wor- *bonk* Ouch!" Kersey whines repeatedly pulling the trigger before Nightshade hits him in the face with her tuba only for the instrument to bounce off the fat of his face making him drop the gun.

"Oh come on! Buck you you stupid Wooden Mutt and your useless props! Sure, make all the good stuff for that creepy bucking changeling and his kids at the Neverland Ranch!"

As Kersey flails around helplessly on his back Nightshade giggles, "I've fallen and I can't get up."

"Honey, that's not nice." you scold.

"But he's evil AND a fatflank!" Nightshade argues.

"Ehhh... good point."

"GRAAAAAH!!! You bucking bounty hunting motherbuckers will never take me alive!" Kersey exclaims before pulling out a vial of red-and-gray liquid. "35 Million Bits, you had better work," he exclaims as he begins drinking.

"He's got a suicide potion!" you exclaim, but before Aqua can waterbend it away from the green bespectacled blob, he manages to down the whole potion.

All of you hold your breaths and wait to see what happens. After a few seconds, Kersey burps loudly.

"OH COME ON!" he yells.

You on the other hand are glad that you have a filter mask on, because Aqua and Nightshade are busy fanning their noses.

"Alright stinky that's enough, now, let's have a little chat before we turn you in OK?" you say as you lean over him.

"AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" he hits your hoof away and suddenly starts spasming. You try to see what's wrong with him, but for some reason he seems to be getting...bigger?

And bigger...

And bigger...

And bigger...

And big-SWEET MOTHER OF LUNA HE'S FIVE STORIES TALL!!!

Ponies all around begin screaming and running in terror, his growing even damages the side of the bank.

"Ummm, Yeah, I'm just gonna go to my room now," Nightshade says as she hops into your saddle bags.

"Got any extra room in those bags?" Aqua asks nervously.

You don't answer as you stare at the now building sized Kersey, who rolls himself back to his feet and looks around in awe.

"Holy Crap it actually worked! Bad investment my flank!" he says with a booming, yet still irritating voice.

Staring at this...this...Titan of flesh, only one thing comes to mind to say...

"Well Buck You Too Lady Luck!"

What do you do?

Special Outro:

Author's Note:

OH MY GOD IT'S GODZIL-I MEAN KERSEY! RUNE FOR YOUR LIVES!

Hey Hive Mind, DWC here!

It's that time of chapter again! That's right, it's fighting time! The rules are simple:

1. No Mane Six or The Princess, dubious that they would ignore something like a five story pony. But let's just say their occupied by something else.
2. No maiming or killing, but feel free to use stronger attacks then normal considering your fighting a building sized pony.
3. Nightmare Cloak is a no due to already explained reasons
4. Have fun and kick Kersey's flank! He won't mind...I think

Last chapters question answer is...

I would say making a movie would be a great waste of bits. Average A list movie will cost an upwards of 100 million dollars, or whatever dollar to bit conversion you have set up. Give a bunch of undergraduate art and theater students pro cameras and an extravagant budget, all to be used and a movie filmed in a day.

It's not really an extravagant spending but more huge movie budget. Do you remember the scene from blues brothers where all those Monaco cruisers were pursuing them and end in the big crash scene? That was over 60 cars bought for 700$ apiece in 1980 money. In today's money that's 129,500$ for 3 scenes and 5 minutes of film.

Thanks to The Mechanic for the answer! While I agree it's not much of a spending spree, it is a pretty interesting trivia that I thought was cool. Plus that's a lot of money for one of the greatest movies in all time.

This chapters question is...

What is the best Godzilla movie?

Giant pony in chapter, why not ask what the best King of Monsters movie there is. Also if even one of you say that it was the Godzilla 1998 one I swear I'll never use your comment again!

The next chapter will be posted Thursday, at the latest Friday according to the schedule, please comment before hand!

PreviousChapters Next