• Published 20th Jul 2015
  • 7,234 Views, 26 Comments

The Most Important Lesson - Burning Sunset



Before Christmas Sunset had many friends, but after a certain incident leaves her alone will she find a way back out of the darkness as she slips back into old ways or will the most important lesson she take from this be that friendship is bull?

  • ...
7
 26
 7,234

Friendship is Bull

Wednesday, January 17

Sunset glared at the few students that were actually late for class as she herself sauntered through the halls not really caring if she was late herself. She had stopped caring for many things these past few weeks since the whole Anon~A~Miss shitstorm started began just before Christmas. It taught her a very important lesson that she was now taking to heart, friendship is bullshit.

“Look where you’re going loser.” Trixie sneered when Sunset almost bumped into her. Looking up to see the condescending smirk on the bitch caused Sunset to snap, grabbing the girl and shoving her back first into a locker.

“Who do you think you are calling a loser?” Sunset snarled, not caring about the couple stragglers who were now watching the scene with fright. Something Trixie should have felt for Sunset as she had reverted mostly to her old ways of not taking shit from anyone and punishing any of those who dared challenge her. It was her New Year’s resolution after all, not taking crap from these ungrateful trash and not letting anyone close enough to hurt her ever again like these people had done.

“Let me go!” Trixie hissed painfully, her eyes tearing up a little as a lock poked her in the back and Sunset’s nails dug into her arms just short of drawing blood.

“Tell me something Trixie, what did you get for Christmas?” Sunset demanded, her voice low and menacing yet filled with anger and hurt as she glared directly into Trixie’s eyes.

“I don’t know what that has to do with anything!” Trixie gasped out, trying to break free of Sunset’s hold.

“You want to know what I wanted Trixie?” Sunset asked in a deceptively calm manner. As she let up on the pressure she was exerting on Trixie’s arms. “I wanted a warm bed, a hot meal and time with my friends who swore I was like family to them. It was all I wanted, and you know what I got?”

“What?” Trixie asked, a little shocked as she stopped struggling noticing the tears in the corners of Sunset’s eyes.

“A cold hard floor of an abandoned gas station that finally cut power three days before Christmas. So there was no heat, no hot water and no way to charge my crappy lifeline phone.” Sunset sneered into Trixie’s face, “I had no warm place, no food and most importantly, nobody to spend Christmas with!”

“Maybe you shouldn’t have posted all that crap on MyStable.” Trixie whimpered out.

“I’M NOT ANON~A~MISS!!!” Sunset screamed into Trixie’s face, saliva spattering her a little from the rage the furious girl was feeling. It was taking every ounce of Sunset’s self control not to hit Trixie with every ounce of strength and for the first time it seemed to get through.

“That is enough Miss Shimmer.” Luna said, pulling Sunset off Trixie and holding her arm. “Are you okay Miss Lulamoon?”

“I’m fine.” Trixie whimpered in relief, though she couldn’t help look at Sunset in pity. For the first time realizing that the monster that had been haunting Canterlot’s halls since Christmas vacation ended may have been a product of their own making.

“Then maybe you should head to class.” Luna said, waving Trixie off before pulling Sunset with her to the office. “You will be coming with me Miss Shimmer.”

After settling across from each other in the dimly lit office of the vice principal, Sunset couldn’t help crossing her arms and glaring ineffectively at the older woman. She didn’t care that she was in trouble and welcomed it, maybe she would get expelled and have a reason to find another school far away from the portal and this hell.

“Should I even bother asking what that little incident was about Sunset Shimmer?” Luna asked calmly, feeling sorry for the girl as she had been persecuted for something that she obviously had no part in. Even the girls friends seemed to have abandoned her which in Luna’s eyes actually excused much of the girl’s anger. Still, she couldn’t have Sunset attacking other students no matter the justification.

“As if you would believe me!” Sunset huffed.

“Actually, there is a lot I believe and I believe that you had no involvement with Anon~A~Miss. That doesn’t excuse you from attacking the students though.” Luna sighed, “I tried calling the number you had on file, but I can’t get past voicemail. I wanted to speak to your parents about this and get them to maybe keep you home for a couple days while the investigation into this finishes. Now I don’t have a choice, you attacked another student and the only reason I am not calling the police in on this is because I know what you are going through.”

“Yeah right!” Sunset hissed out, “You just want me out of your hair. You never gave a damn about me!”

“No, I didn’t care about the old you. I thought you were more trouble than you were worth, but my sister saw something there worth saving. And I’m glad she did because you have proved me wrong. You have become one of our best and most loved students here despite your past.” Luna explained, ignoring the derisive snort from Sunset. “The Anon~A~Miss incident is unfortunate and I have investigators looking into it. I can’t talk about details right now as it could affect the case, but it is being looked into.”

“You’re serious?” Sunset asked, looking at the woman in hope of finally being exonerated of her supposed wrong doings towards the school’s populace. It didn’t matter though as to her the damage had already been done and she would never trust these people ever again. Friendship was just a lie that people used as an excuse to get people to be nice to you. When the chips were down though they wanted nothing to do with you and Sunset was fine with that. Or at least she kept telling herself that.

“I’m very serious. As I said though, I can’t have you attacking other students physically like that without repercussions. As of this moment you are suspended for the rest of the week. Since you have a form signed by your mother, I can go ahead and release you to head home. I expect a call from her as soon as possible to discuss the investigation.” Luna said, “For now though, go home and just relax. Get away from all this negativity.”

“Thank you.” Sunset sighed as she stood up.

“You are more than welcome. Whoever did this will be caught Sunset and they will be harshly punished.” Luna said as Sunset gave her a curt nod before turning to leave the office. She didn’t notice Lyra and Bon Bon standing there, two of the students that had actually witnessed the entire confrontation between Trixie and Sunset and heard every word being said between the two of them.

Comments ( 26 )

This is VERY interesting! I'm curious to see where it goes!

I noticed Granny Smith is going t be in the story...I have a feeling The CMC are going to get a whipping soon.

6226844 Hopefully in a direction you enjoy! :raritywink: Thanks! :heart:

6227207 I'll do my best! :pinkiecrazy:

6227316 Granny will be playing an important role in the story so hope you enjoy! :scootangel:

6227680 Considering I like every one of these type's you've made I have no doubt it'll be good. :pinkiehappy:

6227316 Yes! I never considered that Sunset would relapse because of the incident, and this is the first story I've read that explores that possibility. So keep it up! I'll keep reading!

Lyra, Bon-Bon, you two better not be up to no good!

So I take it this is an AU where the CMC never confessed leaving Sunset very lonely during Christmas? Her relapsing back into her old ways is an interesting take. Other stories have taken the "return to Equestria" or "suicide attempt" route.

I hope the student body is called out on their behavior: Gladly backstabbing one another, sending secrets to Anon-A-Miss, and getting mad when the friends they betrayed do the same. "Friendship is bullshit" indeed. From what I could tell the only (named) student not being a tool was Vinyl Scratch (during the cafeteria scene she was the only background student not fighting). Maybe Sunset should start hanging out with her?

Anyways, looking forward to seeing where you'll go with this.

what happens next

You going to be updating this soon or what?

God damn it man update this shit. I WANT MOAR:flutterrage:

When will you post the next chapter of this really well written story?

The love of someone who has wronged her...I would assume this to either be a Parental-type love, from Luna's counterpart, due to her most likely thinking that she was Anon-A-Miss, or perhaps a student who wronged her with accusations...possibly Fluttershy, from the way your other stories are heading. But then, I just need to wait until you update, huh?

I'm not too surprised that Sunset relapsed, actually. She was only trying Friendship out because Twilight asked her to do so, and when they just threw it back in her face at the first sign of trouble...well, people have relapsed into bad habits for far less than that.

Hopefully, Luna will help Sunset deal with her emotions and get past this. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Please update as soon as you can

You want to get off of your ass and get back to this?

7479708 view the author's latest blog

Good start, i'm hooked.
Sunset being fed up with all that bullshit and going back to being Queen Bitch Extraordinaire is an interesting way to go and i certainly hope that this story will continue someday.

What ever you do don't cancel the story

Two years........ and haven't been on in a year

No matter what people can say, I will wait as long as it takes and as you need for any next chapter, because the first one is good enough for me to believe a great story can follow.

So keep going, unless it is cancelled. But hey, your story, your rules right?

8849198
Umm, sorry to burst your bubble, man, but the author hasn't logged on in 3 years.

You won't get that next chapter...sorry buddy

10799424
Replying to a 2018 comment in 2021.
I don't think I'm the one who needs to have his bubble bursted.

And like I said, I don't care if you all can't accept the fact that he does not owe anything to you, that the story will be updated or not no matter what you could say or think.

You are not important to the writer, even less with that toxic thinking of yours.

If the story won't be updated ever again then I will cherish what he gave us rather than focusing on what he couldn't do, or didn't give us like you.

Being entitled about it only makes it worse.
Grow up kid.

10802495
Wait, when have I said that I cared more about the next chapter than what the writer gave us?

Buddy, I just came to say that he hasn't logged on in 3 years. I don't know how you managed to garner that I'm an entitled kid, but I just came to say he hasn't logged on, not...whatever you wrote about me being entitled

Login or register to comment