• Published 2nd Dec 2014
  • 19,922 Views, 600 Comments

Waking up in Equestria - saltybedspackle



Mason, a teenage boy, wakes up in Equestria.

Comments ( 86 )

*slow clap*
Well done, you magnificent bastard. Looking forward to reading the 2nd book.

And I shall be eagerly awaiting the sequel.

We await your next book with great anticipation and prepackaged D'awwws :heart:, best thing about these?
They don't have a used by date!
So, yeah...

*unpacks a tent outside your home*

...and so begins the waiting game.:pinkiecrazy:

5508159

Don't worry... you won't have to wait long. :pinkiehappy:

*Gets my garden hose ready just in case*

I'll just put this out here. If anyone has or can do some cover art for this and part 2, please send me a mail. I don't need anything fancy. Just the title with an appropriate background will do, Something Scootaloo related would be even better but I'll take anything at this point, as long as it's finished, looks clean and any ponies in it are done well.

a super duper good ending.:pinkiehappy:
a sequel I will be defiantly watching for this.
harts fire

Bravo! well done, Salty!

i'm looking forward to the next installment.

Darn cliffhangers :fluttercry: now I have to wait for part 2 oh well if its anywhere near as great as part 1 it will be worth it:pinkiehappy::pinkiesmile::coolphoto::scootangel:

5508159 *unpacks rarity's tent behind Advent Link's* now all we need is a campfire and we can really start this waiting partay!:pinkiehappy:

Oh dear, before i read the chapter, i saw the story now said complete and i was all like NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
But now I see that you are writing a sequel and i bet it is going to be twenty percent cooler that this one, and that will be hard to do so good luck!

5506329

Thank you for that! Togashi is an amazing writer and I'm honored that you count my story along side his.

If anyone hasn't stopped by to read his stuff, I recommend it.

oh my god sweete bell song is so good its just like somethng from the series. i read this whole thing and the ending made me cry . thank you for writing this

Finally caught up! Looking forward to more, really enjoying your story keep it up!

5345659 it has happened before particularly to those with heart conditions there's even a documented case where someone had a heart attack after having sex for the first time. So yes it is possible to die from extreme positive emotions.

5543790 That's funny, but my comment was actually a play on this...

5544675
Author approves :moustache: Knew the source when you first posted it and almost linked it then.

ME series was great.

5544684 It was. ME4 will either be great... or really, really shit. And knowing EA, it'll become just another franchise that they'll run into the ground. So sad... :fluttercry:

5544693 I really would rather not see that happen. They did do it twice with Dragon Age and Mass Effect though.

5563283

Someone pointed that out to me around chapter 18 and I changed over to 1 word.

Too busy working on part 2 to comb through 17 chapters worth of work to fix em all but it's on my to do list.

That was fun. Four stars x3

5567151
5566991

Thank you so much for the read and likes!! I'm glad you enjoyed it :pinkiehappy:

This story was absolutely amazing. Loved every chapter. ON TO PART 2!!

5563501 Ahh ok, well that's fine then.

My name is mason... this made my day

A little filly herd with the Cutie Mark Crusaders? I'd like to see that, and this is coming from someone who doesn't read foalcon pretty much ever. This story is really great however.

5611198

Cyan... green... blue... eh..

I fixed it though.. thanks. :twilightsmile:

5650199

Ohhai there and welcome to my story! :twilightsmile:

Hope you stick around, there's a long tale ahead of you!

Sorry aterrblewriter I should have thought of that first :ajsleepy: I should not have judged them I learned my lesson

5710101 Yeah, I was trying to make the delivery humorous to soften the level of hate I have acquired for seeing people earning Darwin Awards in "Moronic Blame Shifting". It happens a lot. A character blaming someone else for something a blind toddler could see is their own fault? Or even worse, a character blaming themselves for something that has nothing to do with them!!!

Usually don't read foalcon stories, but I'm willing to give this one a shot.


I read this a while ago but just commented now. Because my device got taken away...

First, I think the "stranger to lover" part is a little rushed considering how long the whole story is, the happiness-overdose first kiss was kinda anime logic.

Next the story seems to lack foreshadowing, little hints around the place, so that whenever new things pop up-
(like her crazy brother or the fact that Pegasus bites has magicz)
We won't feel like "wat...?" Or that you just write in whatever idea you get the moment you get it...

Maybe you could've written a small chapter where Mason asks Twi about alicorns, leading him to ask about the princess of love and how the hell love can have magic, Twi can then explain that love is a damn powerful magic, that even in it's raw, no-skill required form can be more powerful and that shtufff...
Because the love-magic-shield thing completely got me like "...seriously?" Yeah, foreshadowing is important.

There are other tiny little plot holes around the story, but no story doesn't have those and I just assume "it's magic, bietch."

Overall, THIS IS AN AMAZING STORY.
Above are just the little cons, don't have to mind them.

And you have an amazing skill in writing clop, makes my stomach float every time.
Character development was smooth and decent, I really loved the CMC herd idea.

I really like this story, I really do, I hope you don't take this comment the wrong way...

Gonna read the next one when I have time!

5733841

Thank you for that, really! A good constructive eye is always appreciated! This story (and part 2) have grown organically and I can absolutely see your point :twilightsmile:

5824210 That's not how it works.

5837304

In my head there is. :scootangel:

5875345 why you arent enjoing it

This story was surprisingly good all things considered.

Comment posted by Kichi deleted Jun 9th, 2015

The saddest part of this story is that Scootaloo can most likely fly. I mean, look a that body-builder Buff Biceps. He's mass-heavy and has teeny, tiny wings and still managesto lift off the ground and fly , albeit with difficulties. In comparison, Scootaloo should have less a problem flying and her fluttering wing movement can compensate for her wing size easily.

That was a awesome and funny read I can't wait to read the sqequl.

Comment posted by TheBadWriter deleted Sep 18th, 2015
Comment posted by Master king deleted Sep 18th, 2015

6452579 I shall dub this new thing "Happy Gas"!

I will stab any one who offers you a /), you fucking pervert

Login or register to comment