• Published 16th Sep 2014
  • 7,101 Views, 12,066 Comments

Yaerfaerda - Imploding Colon



Rainbow Dash and the Noble Jury continue to fly east.

  • ...
41
 12,066
 7,101

PreviousChapters Next
All Clear, Rainbow, Let's Blow This

“Graaaaugh!” Crimson slammed his hammer down, shattering concrete. The blast sent several possessed reindeer flying backwards. As soon as those Soul Sentries collapsed, another wave came charging, blasting bright energy beams from their antlers.

Crimson flinched, only to be protected at the last second by a solid wall of quivering telekinesis. Arcshod and his two Xonan companions had rushed in, horns glowing. Spinning about, Crimson gestured towards Tweak and Lucky Strike.

The two brothers ran into position. Swiftly, they prepped another crystal, launched it, and exploded the nullifying material above the nearest throng of mind-controlled guardians.

Several of the Soul Sentries fell to their haunches, shuddering. However, within seconds, fresh screams from the Val Roan citizenry announced more guards marching up from the streets west and north of the Sandstone District. As elk and deer galloped every which way, blasts of energy came barreling inward from all angles.

The warriors attempted dodging, but the blasts were just too numerous and thick. Lucky Strike yelped as an energy blast knocked him to his flank. Tweak slid to his side, twirling his revolver and firing at the Soul Sentries, ricocheting his bullets off their antlers as he struggled with his free hoof to revive his sibling.

“Gaaaugh!” Phoenix flew back from a blast, clutching his side and wincing. “This is getting slightly less sexy!”

“We have to hold!” Seclorum hollered, firing telekinetic blasts into the phalanx of eye-glowing targets. “Everything depends on us keeping our shit together!”

“A little easier said than done, chief!” Tweak bellowed, reloading his gun.

“Haaaaugh!” Crimson charged alongside Arcshod, knocking several reindeer back. He spat into a shoulder-mounted sound stone. “Things are getting pretty hairy out here!”


“Scrkkk! We could use all the help we can get!” Crimson's voice crackled out of the sound stone in Eagle Eye's possession.

“We read you loud and clear!” Eagle Eye shouted as he and Josho galloped swiftly down a curved hallway inside the High Council Building. “We just need to buy Rainbow a bit more time!”

“Wanna bet she's having a bubble bath with the Queen as we speak?” Josho grumbled.

“You know, old stallion...” Eagle Eye frowned. “There's a time and a place for saying stupid, worthless stuff. And right now...”

The two emerged upon the front steps of the building. The entire courtyard below was a battlefield, with stomping guards firing waves of emerald fury at the weak and battle-wary Tarkington crew members. Citizens fled, shrieking loudly, while bruised and twitching bodies lay on the concrete. As they gawked, Tweak was dragging Lucky Strike to safety and Seclorum was being thrown onto his flank by a violent charge of green energy.

Eagle Eye bit his lip. “You know what? Never mind.” He gulped. “Go right ahead.”

“It's like an orgy of vomit and diarrhea at a castration convention,” Josho wheezed.

“Much better.” Shivering, Eagle Eye unsheathed his sword and shield. Schiiing! “Okay... lots of stuff to juggle here. Exactly how do we deal with it?”

“Like this...” Floydien suddenly galloped up from behind, charged between the two Jurists, and launched a heavy barrage of manabolts. “Hraaaaaaaaaaaugh!

The sea of Soul Sentries parted like butter, with reindeer collapsing into an unconscious stupor. Gaining a second wind, Arcshod and Crimson and the others began pressing the attack once more.

Floydien marched forward, continuing to fire beams of energy at the unsuspecting Sentries. Behind him, Josho and Eagle Eye exchanged glances.

“Beats having a cheerleader anyday,” Eagle exhaled.

“You're welcome to knit his fatass a pleated skirt.' Josho took a breath and held his hoof over the lavender stallion's shoulder. “And on that note...”

Fl-FLASH!

The two teleported, materializing in the center of the crowd. Josho squatted besides Tweak, offering the crystal pony cover while Lucky Strike was revived. Meanwhile, Eagle Eye picked Phoenix back onto his hooves and rejoined Crimson. Together, all three Franzington mercenaries went charging into the fray, yelling at the top of their lungs, and meeting bright antlers with their masterfully swung weapons.


“You don't understand, my little pony,” Queen Chrysalis hissed. “This city is still mine. Everypony you pretend to care for is still at my mercy.”

Rainbow narrowed her eyes. “Mercy...?”

“Yes.” The mutant alicorn smiled a fanged smile. “I can still spare your friends. You and your... Jurists can still flee this land.” She shook her head. “You needn't fall victim to the pain and suffering I've planned for Val Roa.”

“That's not how it works, Sunshine,” Rainbow Dash said in a firm tone. “We didn't come out all this way to have a vacation. Val Roa was saved the very moment we entered its airspace. It's a pity you can't seem to figure that out.”

Saved?!” Queen Chrysalis snickered, then broke into fitful laughter. She stomped her forelimbs and waved a glowing horn. “Look around you! You haven't saved anything! Between the goblins and the soul sentries, you don't have a—”

“Oh, you're going to relinquish your control over the Soul Sentries,” Rainbow Dash said, nodding. “And, together with the reindeer guardians, we're going to finish the Cartel's charge once and for all. I'm sorry, Queenie, but this just isn't in your court. Give them up. Now.”

“You're in no place to bargain...” Chrysalis' angry eyes flared green. “What are you?! A chaotic demon exiled from Equestria! If nothing else, you've only contributed to my plan! I hope you're happy with your Harmonic destiny, 'Austraeoh!'” Chrysalis laughed louder and louder. “I hope you're happy inhaling the ashes of all your friends—”

“Scrkkkk...” Rainbow's sound stone crackled. “Rainbow Dash.”

“Hold on.” Rainbow casually interrupted Chrysalis' monologue, waving a hoof. “I gotta get this.”

“... … ...” Chrysalis blinked awkwardly.

Rainbow raised the sound stone to her muzzle. “Roarke? Is that you, girl?”

“Rainbow. You are alive.”

Rainbow smirked. “You're alive as well. Still sexy, I bet?”

The voice on the other end nevertheless continued. “I regret being late, but I had to assemble everyone to make sure they were in place.”

“Let me guess...” Rainbow Dash leaned back. “Alafreons? Lounge? Durandanans?”

“... … ...the Lounge.”

“Ah! But of course.” Rainbow chuckled, smiling into the far corner of the warehouse. “In any case, an inexplicably overwhelming force of good guys whom you've brought here to completely outnumber Chrysalis' creeps?”

“Affirmative. You know me too well.”

“I didn't choose to love you just because you smelled like gingerbread.”

“Please, Rainbow Dash. Not in front of the lizards.”

“Sure thing, Roarke. Chat with you when this is all over.”

“And I will be wreaking bloody vengeance on the hearts of all goblin kind.”

“Heheh... sounds cool. Tee Tee Why Ell, Roarkey.” And Rainbow Dash hung up the sound stone. She gazed across the warehouse.

Chrysalis gawked at her.

“I'm sorry.” Rainbow Dash casually blinked. “Something about me being happy over chaos and the dead ashes of friends?” She rubbed one fuzzy ear, wincing. “Couldn't hear you over the sound of my not giving a damn.”


“N-Nagu'n!” Arcshod suddenly gasped, his eyes quivering.

Seclorum looked up, and his jaw dropped. “Eyes above!”

“Hrnnngh!” Phoenix slammed two reindeer back and stood, panting, gripping the handle of his mace in his teeth. “Grrfff... what's so crazy that I'd have to take my eyes off these green-farting punks?!” That said, he tilted his eyes skyward, and dropped the weapon from his jaws. “Holy cow...

FW-FW-FWOOOSH! Storm clouds parted as soon as they had formed over the Val Roan skyline. One by one, gigantic glossy spheres spilled out of the gray haze. A veritable armada of Lounge vessels descended upon the city. Their shiny black hulls opened up, and several suited naga charged out, armed with glowing manarifles and flickering bullwhips. Shouting crackling commands to one another, they filled the streets and courtyards of Val Roa, subduing the Soul Sentries and forming barricades around the citizenry.

High above, a single sphere lowered, inside of which stood Roarke, Jex, and the leader of the Lounge armada.

“Protect Val Roa's citizens!” Roarke hollered into a communication device. “Neutralize the Soul Sentries. But do not slay them! Is that understood?!” She craned her neck, glaring at the flashes of manalight issuing out from every crevice of the city. “We have numbers on our side! In the name of honor, Quezaat, or whatever you're willing to shed your skin for, do not kill. Simply protect!” Her icy blue eyes narrowed. “Do not pretend to think that I am not watching each and every one of you...”

The Lounge leader behind her nodded his helmeted head. “You command well... for a pony.”

“And you smell scrumptious, for a crocodile,” Roarke grunted back. “Try testing my patience when we're through with this initiative.”

“Hrmmm...” The naga folded his gloved arms.

Jex shuddered, leaning on Roarke's side with his good limbs. “I can't believe it! We might actually save the day!”

Roarke furmed. “Yet another irrational belief if I ever heard one.”

“Huh?”

Roarke turned to glare at him. “We are merely providing cover. Saving the day?” She slowly shook her head. “That's Rainbow's job.” She turned, gazing northeast. The faintest curve crossed the metal mare's muzzle. “That is always... Rainbow's job.”

PreviousChapters Next