• Published 16th Sep 2014
  • 7,077 Views, 12,066 Comments

Yaerfaerda - Imploding Colon



Rainbow Dash and the Noble Jury continue to fly east.

  • ...
41
 12,066
 7,077

PreviousChapters Next
Let's Go In To the Lobby

At the base of an oppulent skyscraper in the heart of Val Roa, Jake and Floydien had parked the double-coaches. They placed down the wooden steps, helping Arcanista, Kera, and the rest disembark from the vehicle, one by one. By the time that Rainbow Dash and the other two servants were getting out, a nimble figure in a fine silk garment hopped over from the building's front entrance, flanked by reindeer guards.

"Greetings and blessings from the heart of Val Roa," spoke a pleasantly-smiling gazelle. She bowed her head, horns flickering dimly. "My name is Nilla, a representative of the Helaman Province." She stood back up, grinning. "As part of the Council's Diplomatic Iniative, I have happily volunteered to act as escort to local and foreign dignitaries visiting this urban paradise on the edge of civilization. Duchess Arcanista of the House of Sehlp, I am honored to be in your presence once more."

"Is that a fact?" Arcanista smiled coyly. "Please do forgive me, Madame Nilla. It has been five years at least..."

The gazelle chuckled amicably. "A lot has happened in so short a period of time. Rest assured that not only do I recognize you, but I am quite fond of the financial agreements you have made to establish lucrative trade between Bountiful and its neighboring provinces."

"Well, that comes as quite the surprise!" Arcanista only grinned wider. "The last three economic proposals I've mailed the Council's Way have been dealt with complete and utter apathy!"

Nilla laughed melodically. "Ah... the wages of bureaucracy!" She smiled. "Well, you are here now in the flesh as much as the spirit. I'm certain that if there are any present concerns, the Council would be more than happy to lend an ear!"

"That sounds quite fine," Arcanista said, nodding. "Maybe less citizens will needlessly die in the interim."

Floydien shifted awkwardly.

Rainbow Dash cleared her throat.

"I..." Ebon Mane shuffled forward, boldly stepping between the Duchess and the gazelle. "I... uh... am Ebon Mane, royal escort to Her Highness, Princess Kera Tin Mehjj Xon-Nagu'n."

"Pr-Princess...!" Nilla spun towards Kera and bowed low with extreme gravitas. "Your eminence! Welcome to Val Roa! May your stay here be joyous and productive!"

"A-a-ahem!" Kera tilted her nose up and raised a hoof daintily. "Vele'suthien nmiaol lem'assa kremnen thiulen siel."

Nilla looked up, blinking awkwardly. "I beg your pardon?"

"Ha'kranna siulen threnna dren'dran... erm... gazellian trennte."

Nilla blinked again. "Huh?"

"Err..." Ebon Mane stepped forward. "Her Majesty is very... very exhausted. It's been a long trip from the Xonan Empire. She would very much like to retire in the finest suites you have available here."

"Oh! Absolutely!" Nilla stood up. "And, fortunate for you, we have provided the most handsome quarters in the Sandstone District's very own Plaza Topaz! I would be honored to show you to your rooms."

"It would be an even greater honor if you arranged a meeting between Her Majesty and the High Council," Arcanista said. "The Xonan Princess has travelled a long... long distance to open dialogue between the Xonan and Val Roan nations."

"Oh... Oh, m-most certainly!" Nilla chuckled airily. "I will input a request for speaking with the Council as soon as possible!"

"You will do so right now," Arcanista said, brow furrowed. "It is most unwise to keep a Xonan representative waiting."

"Erm... b-but of course! It's only that... uhm..." Nilla fidgeted.

"There a problem?" Arcanista asked.

"Well, the Council's schedule has simply been so terribly busy as of late! Eh heh heh heh.... I have no doubt that Chancellor Fishberry and the other members of the Top Seat will arrange a presentation to be had for after the coronation..."

"It will have to be before," Arcanista said. "The Chancellor may be a busy deer, but I assure you that Her Majesty is even busier."

"Yes. Yes of course." Nilla chewed on her lip. "Oh d-dear... uhm..." She smiled hopefully. "I-I might be able to arrange it so that the Princess and the Chancellor share the same seat within the Royal Palace on Coronation Day...!"

Kera let loose a lethargic sigh and pivoted towards Ebon with a twirl of her skirt. "Kun'drekkun! Mela drenden ratt'aklen rekkharem thiulen speehn..."

Nilla blinked. "What is she saying...?"

Ebon raised an eyebrow at Kera. "Mekkhar ruhm, Kera Xon-Nagu'n?"

"Dreit."

Ebon cleared his throat and looked plainly at the escort. "Her Eminence states that this was a 'wasted trip,' and she might as well return to... uhm... the Booster Zaid."

"The... Booster Zaid?"

"Yes. Our Xonan battleship along the western border of your country."

Nilla's eyes twitched. "Xonan b-b-battleship?"

"Indeed. One of twelve," Ebon said.

Nilla's jaw dropped.

Ebon shrugged his tattooed limbs. "Well, surely you didn't expect our Empire's Royal Daughter to enter the kingdom unprotected! But, you need not worry. Emperor Pilate, blessed by Nagu'n, has been in control of his murderous temper ever since the annihilation of the Ledomaritans..." He coughed. "Three weeks ago."

"Uhhhhhhhhhhh..."

Ebon spun towards Arcanista. "It's quite evident that we cannot hold an audience with the Council here. I suggest we return the way we came--"

"W-wait!" Nilla flung her hooves forward. "Just a moment! I..." She smiled awkwardly. "I d-do think there may be an opening tomorrow afternoon! During lunch!"

Ebon turned back, pouting. "It would not be polite of us to interrupt the good Council's meal..."

"No! No interrupton whatsoever!" The gazelle smiled, ears flicking. "I-I-I'm sure Fishberry would be more than happy to let the provincial representatives hear everything that the Princess has to say!"

"... ... ..." Ebon turned towards Kera. "Habbak mendun soljin?"

"Hmmmmm..." Kera tapped and tapped her chin. She smiled. "Dreit."

Ebon gestured. "Her Majesty agrees."

"Ah... ah y-yes!" Nilla wheezed, smiling. "I promise you that you will not be disappointed!"

"As for a place to stay--"

"Follow me!" Nilla stumbled towards the front of the skyscraper. "I'll have the Plaza Topaz service assist your servants in gathering the royal belongings!"

"That is quite splendid," Arcanista said.

"Yes yes yes..." Floydien trotted after her.

"Uh uh uh..." Arcanista raised a hoof. She smiled at Floydien and Jake. "I'm quite aware that it's been a long trip, but the wagon-bearers place is down here, guarding the transport."

Floydien blinked crookedly. "Buh...?"

"Never worry. I'll be sure to send some food down to nourish your needy stomachs." Arcanista winked. "Compliments of the House of Sehlp. The Duke wouldn't have it any other way." She trotted off. "God rest his soul..."

Floydien stood dead still.

Rainbow Dash looked back, shrugging beneath the baggage she was carrying. Pretty soon, she and the other maids followed the regal trio, disappearing beyond the extravagant gate to the plaza.

With flaring nostrils, Floydien plopped back on his haunches. "Why does Floydien feel that he's just been used for wiping boomer excrement?"

Jake cleared his throat, leaning in. "So, Mr. Amnesiac, do you doubt any longer that you have a bitchy sibling?"

"Meh."

PreviousChapters Next