• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,671 Views, 207 Comments

The Alicorn King's Glare - LightOfTriumph



Equestria could come crashing down when a threat from Equestria's past returns from it's prison. Could the mane six stop the world from being blinded by unholy light?

  • ...
12
 207
 1,671

Final Author's Note

Wow... I am done... That... I did not expect that to happen.

As I have said many times, the reason that this account exists is because I had a story idea, namely this one. I had no idea what in hell I was doing, so I asked around and got some help. Eventually I got around to writing the prologue and the first chapter. I had no idea how the site worked, no idea about the stigma on Alicorn fics. I was just going with the flow. I started with pony creator cover art. A different title. I used asterisks instead of a horizontal rule. It was an utter mess.

But somehow, 50,000 words later, I have now done the impossible. I have finished The Alicorn King's Glare.

First of all, I want to thank each and every single person that has stuck with me through this, all of the people who jumped on after I revived the fic a couple of months ago, everyone. Thank you so much writing this has been so much fun and I have had such a good time talking to you guys about it in comments. You guys have been so nice, and I cannot thank you enough.

I'm going to take some time now to answer what I believe to be some common questions. Starting with the big one.

Sequel pwease?:rainbowkiss:

No.

As much fun as I had with this, this story is over. Seraphim Glare is dead. Anything I do to bring him back will just feel forced and would cheapen the end of this story. Do not expect "The Return of Seraphim Glare" any time soon. Besides, this is my headcanon. So really, every fic I write is a sequel to this. And so is Season 5.

Prequel however... We'll talk about prequel later.

What is your favorite chapter?:rainbowhuh:

Chapter 18: You Called it "The Night". Ironic death FTW:rainbowwild:

What is Your least favorite chapter? :trixieshiftright:

Chapter 9: Spectrum Dash. I rushed that chapter, I'll admit.:applejackunsure:

If you could change one thing about the fic, what would it be?:duck:

I'd move the opening scene of Chapter 1 out of the library and into the Crystal Tree. I wrote the first chapter before Twilight's Kingdom aired you see, so...:facehoof:

My question to you guys is... How did you like it? This was the story that made LoT, so what did you think?

Please rate and comment, you guys have been amazing. Thank you!

Comments ( 27 )

You did good. I faved the story AGES ago, I think it was one of the first few fics I really liked on this site, but don't quote me on that (I have a few memory problems, numbers mostly, despite being good at math)

You finished this guy for good, felt good to see him being dragged into hell, for eternal punishment or worse.

Seraphim Glare also has inspired two villains of mine, one being the incarnation of evil and heavily based on Seraphim, the other is an undead nightmare of humanity, but only her theme, fire and light, is from him. I have yet to publish the chapters she appears in... BUT you inspired her.

Thanks for giving us this amazing story.
Thanks for staying with us till the bittersweet end.
Thanks for everything.
And thank you, since you never gave up.

Post Scriptum: If you ever DARE to write a proper sequel, I will come to your house and burn your computer and every other electronic device you own, using the entire house as fuel! :pinkiehappy:

Light, this story was well done in every aspect. Even if parts were rushed, I had a fun time reading this, and will continue to look forward to the next stories that will come after it. Of all the head-cannons of the past, this one is in fact my favorite.

Onto the Review!

He pulled it off...

But somehow, 50,000 words later, I have now done the impossible. I have finished The Alicorn King's Glare.

You can say that again. I already have. You know that too well.
Nearly ONE YEAR LATER.

My question to you guys is... How did you like it? This was the story that made LoT, so what did you think?

So much yes.
So much yes.
So much yes.
I'm beginning to think that putting Machinations in the Dark as my favorite MLP fic on here was quite the mistake.

I'd move the opening scene of Chapter 1 out of the library and into the Crystal Tree. I wrote the first chapter before Twilight's Kingdom aired you see, so...

Well, you could do a quick edit. You don't mention the actual library much in that chapter. You could quickly edit it, and no one would notice.

"That...," Glare said as he rose to his hoofs, his back to the six. "Hurt. It hurt. It has been quite a long time since somepony has managed to physically hurt me. Bravo."

There was something wrong with his voice, Twilight thought. There was a certain hiss to it now. Like he couldn't form the words properly.

"Incredible," Glare laughed. "i really thought I was going to die. I, Seraphim Glare, was brought to the brink of death. Congratulations. No one has ever pushed me this far. And no one ever will again..."

Hmm, Frieza Quote? :moustache:

5904662

Is that some slight FlashLight I see there...? :pinkiecrazy:

You can prove nothing.:rainbowkiss:

The REAL Glare made 10 accounts to dislike this.

I love this story!!!!!!!

[I agree we must go and post a link on your page Remmy A.S.A.P.]

OK Slate I will.

5906105 Want us to call Professor Layton, bro?

5906285 Still your tongue, child, before I burn it.

7108309 How can we duel when I cannot go back to Equestria?

7108312 Uh-huh, I thought so. So, you still your tongue.

7108314 Rrrrgggghhhh... It'll be your head if I leave this prison.

So, how was your day?

7108319 Not scared.

Meh, pretty good. You?

Maybe you should consider making this into an audio drama. It has a great plot, interesting lore, and I could easily make a good Flash Sentry, or maybe even Glare. I've wanted to play a villain role.

Was the cover art a request or a commission?

This was briliant!!!!!
How did I not find this sonner???!!!!

8615864
Always nice to get a comment on my first (and probably favorite, out of the ones I've done on site.) story. Especially one so flattering.:twilightsmile:

How did you end up finding it?

8616412
You commented on a Pinkie Pie and Sombra pic.

8616799
Oh yeah, on the Abyss's blog. I did mention this Fanfic, didn't I.

Well, thanks for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you try out some of my other stuff. I've got a Doctor Whooves series, and I'm currently doing a Miraculous. Ladybug Fanfic kind of in the vain of this one on Archive of our Own.

May have looked at your userpage for some targeted advertising.:rainbowlaugh:

8616973
I had read your Doctor Who storys a year or two ago.

Why not make a sequel showing what happened to those evil versions of the Mane Six after they were defeated by their good counterparts?

8890253
I forgot I made that comment.

I no longer know why I said that. . .

Login or register to comment