• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,671 Views, 207 Comments

The Alicorn King's Glare - LightOfTriumph



Equestria could come crashing down when a threat from Equestria's past returns from it's prison. Could the mane six stop the world from being blinded by unholy light?

  • ...
12
 207
 1,671

Chapter 10: Pinkamina

Pinkie found herself in a dank basement, with blood caked on the walls.

She could see a few things carved into the walls, even through the dim lighting. "Lonely." "Scared." "How do I smile?!" "1 cup flour, two tsp. sugar, a pinch of salt," "Unfair." "Praise the Light, Praise him!" "I don't wanna be afraid anymore."

Pinkie walked cautiously down the blood drenched hallway. Getting more nervous with every step.

"You aren't kidding," Pinkie said. "This place is super creepy... Where am I?" I'm not even sure if I'm headed back to the throne room!"

And then she heard a faint voice. Something was singing at the far end of the hallway.

"....add it to the mix.... now just take a little something sweet not sour...."

"Hey! You're right!" Pinkie smiled. "You've got a really good ear mister Narrator!" Pinkie ran closer and closer to the voice.

She ran into a circular room. Sitting in the middle of it was a mare about her age, muted pink, blood matting up her mane. She was softly humming to herself. "Making these sweets is such a sinch, add a teaspoon of vanilla... Add a little more and you count to four and you never get-"

"Hey!" Pinkie smiled. "I know that song! I wrote it my-"

Pinkie suddenly found herself slammed against the bloody wall with a long knife at her throat. "WHO ARE YOU?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?! I DON'T WANT ANYPONY TO DISTURB ME WHEN I'M BAKING!!!"

Pinkie swallowed hard, and looked at the face of her captor. It was like she was looking in a mirror. "A really, really crazy mirror!" Pinkie swallowed hard. "Uh... Hi... I'm Pinkie Pie? What's your name?"

"Pinkie?" asked the bloodstained pony. "Pinkie... Pinkie... Pinkie... Important name.... His majesty said something about that name... Right! Right! I remember! You're the one! The one that's supposed to help! You're going to help... Thank you for helping! I need some help..."

Pinkie was relieved as the psychotic mare started pacing around the room muttering to herself. "Any help I can give!" Pinkie said nervously. "I love helping ponies! So... what do you need help with? And I still haven't caught your name?"

"My name?" The mare seemed to consider the question. "My name... Pinkamina! Right... Pinkamina! That's it. Thanks for coming. You see... I'm making cupcakes, and I need help..."

"Oh! Okay!" Pinkie smiled. "I love to make Cupcakes! What do you need help with?"

Pinkamina looked upwards and began to mutter to herself, trying to remember something it seemed. "Mixing... Baking... Cutting? No... No I don't need help with those... Why did I need help? I know I need help for something... What was it?" She turned to look at Pinkie, expecting an answer.

Pinkie got nervous once again. "Uh...," she let out a slight nervous giggle. "I'm nut sure... What exactly are you 'cutting'?"

"That's it!" Pinkamina smacked her head with the same hoof that was carrying the knife. "Ingredients! I'm missing ingredients! I've got the eggs, the flour, the sugar, just a pinch of salt..."

"It... It sounds like you have everything you need," Pinkie said cautiously. "What do you think you're..."

And then Pinkamina leaped at her with the knife.

Pinkie leaped out if the way of the blade just in time, rolling off to the side. Just before she got her footing however, Pinkamina was on her again. Slashing at her chest but missing with each stroke. The expression on Pinkamina's face was one of pure frustration.

"No... No... NO!" Pinkamina screamed. "How am I supposed to prepare the cupcakes if you. Won't. HELP?! He gave me a big responsibility1 I have to plan a coronation ball, it's going to be a big event and I am very. Very. Nervous. But It'll be okay. He told me what he wanted for party snacks! How are you supposed to be party snacks when you won't stay still?!"

Pinkamina's normally unfocused eyes were now locked straight onto Pinkie's. As the insane mare stared deeply into Pinkie's soul, a foal's rhyme, one she had never heard before. This was confusing. She was sure she had heard them all.

Pinkamina took a rock,
And gave her sisters fifty knocks,
And when the task was over and done,
She gave her parents Fifty-one.

Then a flood of images rushed trough Pinkie Pie's mind all at once. A normal day on the Pie Family Rock Farm. Several dozen more like it. Boredom turns to resentment. Resentment turns to anger. Anger turns to madness. Madness delivers one hundred and fifty-one hard "knocks" to her family.

A trial. A verdict. A hospital. A rubber room. She hears the orderlies talk about a night that wasn't ending. She wasn't really paying attention.

Days go by. Months. Years. Then the door to her cell opens.

His Light was the most stunningly beautiful thing she had ever seen. For the first time ever, she smiles.

The king tells her about an upcoming party. He would need some special cupcakes.

The images left as soon as they came, disappearing into the ether of her mind. She sat down and stared at the wall. This wasn't fair. This wasn't right.

This wasn't funny.

"Good," Pinkamina smiled. "Now just hold still. I'll make sure I get the best parts..."

Pinkamina advanced at Pinkie Pie, about to bring the knife down...

When Pinkie started laughing.

She began to laugh so loudly that it echoed off the walls of the blood soaked room. She fell over and began to roll on the floor, unable to breathe. "Oh, Mister Narrator was right!" Pinkie wheezed. "This isn't funny! This is hilarious!"

Pinkamina stopped dead. "Wha...,' she said slowly. "What the... Why are you doing that?! Stop it! What is that?!"

"Oh boy...," Pinkie giggled, wiping a tear from her eye. "I've always been grateful for my friends, but making friends is so easy for me! I mean I thought that I could always make anypony happy! The fact that at one point in my life I was dumb enough to become you just makes me laugh! I would have been miserable! I also would have been stifled for creativity! I playground rhyme about murders I committed, and I don't get to write it? What a jip!"

"What...," Pinkamina stammered. "I don't understand what...,"

"You're a joke!" Pinkie giggled. "And a pretty funny one too! But listen, it's not too late! For you or anypony else. Keep your chin up. Give me a little smile! Try to remember all the good times that you and Maud had! I know you had them. The smiles were there before the rainboom! They were few and far between but they were there!"

A glowing crack split down Pinkamina's cheek. "I can't... Only bad..."

"There isn't much that's 'only bad'," Pinkie smiled. "And for the stuff that is, just look at the mistakes you made in the past and laugh." Pinkie tried to stare at Pinkamina but couldn't help but laugh again. Eventually she was on the floor rolling around.

Eventually Pinkamina started laughing too, it started small, but then it grew. The glowing crack in her cheek began to multiply all over her body. Light shining through each one.

The floor of the room suddenly lit up a hot pink. The image of three balloons, two blue and one yellow, became emblazoned on it. When the intese glow died down, Pinkamina was gone, and Pinkie was staring at a brand new hole in the wall.

Through the hole was the throne room. In it she saw Twilight an Seraphim Glare, both with anger in their eyes.

"You want reasons?!" Twilight shouted. "I can give you six!"

Rainbow Dash crashed through the roof. "One," she breathed.

Pinkie figured that was her cue. She leaped through the hole into the throne room.

"Two!" Pinkie said, jumping in from seemingly nowhere.

And the pulse grew slightly stronger.

Author's Note:

Remember that chapters 9-15 will take place SIMULTANEOUSLY one ending right after the other.

Oh. And just in case you thought this fic was dead...

Okay... I don't know what it feels like to be GOD, but you catch my meaning.:pinkiesmile:

Please rate and comment!