• Published 19th Nov 2013
  • 3,935 Views, 101 Comments

Soldiers Remnants of Us - Ribe_FireRain



A soldier awakes after an attack on his team and when he does, he finds he is no longer on the battlefield, but in a strange new world: Equestria

  • ...
20
 101
 3,935

The Nightmare (Sequel/Additional Chapter)

Author's Note:

Lets try something a little more touching and heart-waming-y!

Hope ya like this one. (maybe there will be one of Applejack and Parker, too.) Its a possibility and I have given it some thought on how it would work out.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Timberwolves. They never seemed to stop coming. The Everfree was filled with the damned things! On his own, Ann killed them off, one by one, his trusty assault rifle slaughtering them before they could get him, their wooden limbs clanking on the floor with dull thuds, followed by howls of pain.

''Who's next?!'' Ann balled, gun at the ready for the next kill. There was only a few of the wolves left, but it wasn't enough to satisfy Ann. They killed his friends and he wanted payback for what they did to them. The remaining timberwolves around him just stared at him, growling and ready to pounce him, each one intending to rip him to pieces.

From behind him, he heard one snarl, and as he heard it pounce, he swiftly swiveled around and emptied two rounds into it's neck, sending it plummeting into the cold, hard ground. But what seemed odd to Ann was that after he fired, he noticed blood on the ground. Turning to face the spot where the creature landed, Ann froze, shocked by what it was that he had shot.

There, lying in a pool of blood was Rainbow Dash, gagging and trying to stop the bleeding with her hooves clamped around her throat.

Ann panicked, dropping his rifle and kneeling beside Rainbow, gripping her tightly as he placed his hands around her neck, applying pressure to try stop the bleeding, but it was of no use. Her eyes were tearing up and blood started to dribble out of the corner of her mouth, running down her chin and onto the floor beneath her, making a small pool of blood.

''Rainbow! You're gonna be okay, you'll be okay, don't pass out on me! Please! I'm sorry!'' Ann cried as he locked his eyes with hers, reading the level of pain she was in. She tried to speak but all that could come out her mouth was sputters of blood, her mouth visibly filled with it.

''No! Don't die! Don't die on me! I love you, Rainbow!''

Rainbow felt cold. Ann cradled her body tightly, holding her close, not wanting to let her go. As he held her, he heard her say one last thing before her head fell in his arms, hanging lifelessly.

''Why...?''

*** *** ***

''AHHHH!'' Ann shot up in bed, sweating profusely with cold sweat and his heart thumping rapidly in his chest. He wiped a hand across his eyes, noticing that he was crying. Even though what he witnessed was a dream, it felt so real.

Next to him, he saw her, curled up in a small ball under the covers, sleeping soundly. He smiled weakly as he saw one of her ears twitch as she mumbled something. He laid back down,turned on his side, watching her sleep, just watching her chest rise gently up and down as she breathed. Not wanting to disturb her slumber, he carefully shifted up closer to her, placing a hand over her side, stroking her lovingly.

''I love you, Rainbow.''

As he stroked her beautifully smooth coat, he heard her say something back:

''I love you, too, Ann.''

She turned around, looking at him sweetly with those cute and adorable magenta eyes of hers. She didn't say anything for a short while, but instead moved close to him so her chest was touching his, and she wrapped her hooves around him, hugging him.

''Ann? Are you alright? You...feel kinda cold.'' Rainbow asked innocently as she broke from the embrace, looking back into his eyes.

Ann didn't say anything. He just pulled her into a tight embrace, snuggling with her, planting a soft peck on her cheek.

''Ann?''

''Shh, I just wanna hold you...'' He said, rubbing he mane gently with a hand, loving the feel of its silkiness. ''...I...I just don't wanna lose you. You're the best thing that ever happened to me.''

Rainbow didn't know why he was acting this way towards her, but she could tell something was wrong, but that was a question for another day. After all, she was tired, and the position in which Ann was holding her was pretty comfortable. She let her head snuggle with his, finding an inviting warmth, letting herself drift off into a deep sleep.

Comments ( 4 )

I enjoyed the story very much. It was worth my time and I love military stories. God bless.

6418896 Look on DontWakeTheNeighbor's page.

Ahoy, readers, this is your Writer speaking! I have finally posted a short sequel to this story that doesn't tell nor say much, but is something! Please find the link below, and read if you want to know what Parker and Ann do next. (This is also the very last thing I will be writing of this story, and that is final.)

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/347612/options

Man this thing was epic.
But why why Curtis suddenly became mad and killed his friend ,saying 'shut up' shouldn't made him that angry ha?!.

Login or register to comment