• Published 19th Nov 2013
  • 3,923 Views, 101 Comments

Soldiers Remnants of Us - Ribe_FireRain



A soldier awakes after an attack on his team and when he does, he finds he is no longer on the battlefield, but in a strange new world: Equestria

  • ...
20
 101
 3,923

I Lived to Tell the Tale

'SARGE! FIRE UNITS INCOMING!' A soldier called from the battlefront to the Sergeant who was on the radio.

'Alright, team, we got one shot at this and ONLY ONE shot at this if we are going to survive this war.'

The Sergeant began instructing his team. 'I want all of you to move your asses to the main bunker and have your weapons at the ready. Is that clear?'

'YES SIR!' All the soldiers shouted in unison.

'THEN RACK EM' UP LADIES!'

Upon word, the group of soldiers ran to the bunker defense point and pointed the tips of their assault rifles through the gun holes, waiting for their targets to show.

The squad consisted of 6 soldiers.

They all wore thick, metal helmets covered in green camouflage that were tightly strapped around their neck.

All of their uniforms were the same shade of forest green and had their own personal armor strapped onto it, along with their name tags on the left side of the torso, and around the neck they wore a necklace of small metal beads with dog tags dangling off of the end in the cold, acrid air.

The first soldier's tag read 'Private R. Curtis.' The name was printed all in the font of thick, black stencil.

The next soldier in line next to Curtis was Private L. Ryan, followed by Lieutenant C. Parker, then Major Louis and next to Louis was Private A. Bishop.

They all were waiting for the orders from the Sergeant who was already pissed from waiting.

He was squatting behind a pile of sandbags with his binoculars out, awaiting the enemy coming over the horizon of the battlefield.

The soldiers were starting to get bored of waiting around when suddenly the silence around them started to get louder and louder....

They all began looking all around them for the source of the noise when all of a sudden, a noisy whistle was heard from above.

'ARTILLERY, INCOMING! MOVE IT!'

The group moved from their positions and began running down the long, damp and muddy trench for cover underground, only to be stopped by a giant explosion in front of them.

An artillery shell had struck the deep muddy walls of the trench and the mud had blocked their way to the bunker, and to their surprise, a group of Russian soldiers came up towards them with about 2 fire units and another 2 machine gun units.

With no hesitation the Lieutenant pointed his assault rifle towards the Russian soldiers torso and shot him in the gut, making him fall to the ground in agony as blood poured out of his open wounds.

Straight after the Lieutenant downed a soldier, the second machine gunner fired at the Lieutenants leg, emptying 3 bullets into it, each one pushing the last further inwards.

The Lieutenant groaned and screamed as blood flushed its way out of his body and stained the cold, mud below him.

'Fuck you...Fuck you all to hell!'

Just then all the soldiers, including the Sergeant felt a blaze of hot, bright light ignite their bodies.

Was it the flamethrowers? Is that what it felt like to be scorched by the glaze of a flame?

None of the soldiers knew what happened, but in a matter of seconds it was all over.

The strange part was that when the bright light ceased they were no longer inside a trench with soldiers with guns in their faces.

The place where they were now was full of colourful grass and trees, much like a wonderland you would end up in as you dream.

Were they dead or was this all a dream?

No... It felt all too real to be a dream.

They could smell and taste the breezy, warm air as it floated around them making sounds like a kite rippling in the wind.

When they were awake, they were sitting on the ground, still in their uniforms with all their equipment and guns.

'Jesus...My head...what the fuck happened?'

The Sergeant was first to speak out of the five.

Major Louis just simply shrugged his shoulders as he scratched at his aching head with his wrinkled hand.

'Major? Where's Ryan? He's not with us!' 'I swear if those bastard Russians torched him...'

'Calm the fuck down, Sergeant, I'm sure he's fine wherever he is.' 'He can't of just disappeared into thin air.'

The Sergeant grunted as he looked toward the smooth, swaying grass below him.

'We need to look for him! I'm not leaving a soldier behind. He is MY responsibility!'


MEANWHILE SOMEPLACE ELSE IN PONYVILLE

Ryan was upside down hanging from a tree branch by his feet.

'Ugh..My head...wait... WHAT THE FUCK!?'

Ryan panicked before realizing he was on a tree branch and face planted on the floor below, hitting his nose first into the dirt.

'AGH! Fuck!' Ryan rubbed his nose as he climbed to his feet and shook his head.

'Holy shit, where am I?'

'Sarge? Major?, Private?'

No answer.

Ryan knew right away he wasn't even close to his team mates, but he noticed he was in a lovely field filled with poppies and daisies.

This was the first thing he had seen in 4 years that didn't smell like the inside of a donkeys ass or have corpses of his friends and their blood covering it.

'How did I get here....?' The thought quickly swam out of Ryan's mind, he was just glad to be out of the trenches for a change.

In the distance, he spotted a small settlement.

It was the only thing in his sight apart from the fields and flowers around him, and began to walk slowly towards it, checking that he had his guns and equipment with him first.

He checked his holster and saw he still had his revolver strapped to his side.

He smiled to himself, but felt a bit naked without his machine gun and knife.

'There better not be any of them Russian bastards up ahead, or there will be hell to pay...'