• Published 19th Nov 2013
  • 3,921 Views, 101 Comments

Soldiers Remnants of Us - Ribe_FireRain



A soldier awakes after an attack on his team and when he does, he finds he is no longer on the battlefield, but in a strange new world: Equestria

  • ...
20
 101
 3,921

Blood, Guts and Wolves

Louis couldn't believe what had just happened. He wouldn't take his eyes off Ryan's now cold corpse.

Fluttershy came back into the room, only to see the most horrible thing she had ever seen. The medical box she had in her hooves dropped as she saw Ryan covered in his own blood on the floor.

'Oh, my...' Her eyes widened as she ran up to Louis with worry plastered on her face.

'L-L-Louis, wha-wh-what happened?'

'It was Curtis...he shot him...' Louis didn't look up, he kept his eyes on Ryan's corpse as he talked slowly with sadness in his voice.

Without another word, he got up and took Ryan's rifle then headed for the door, his look now turned to a dark, mad expression.

'Louis! Where are you going with that rifle?' Twilight called out to him, but didn't get a response.

Louis placed on his combat helmet and went to turn the knob on the door, then turned to face Twilight,

'I'm going to go after Curtis.'


MEANWHILE


'Stupid, Sarge, stupid Ryan, Stupid team!' 'Fuck them all, I don't need them!'

Curtis was mumbling angrily to himself as he strolled through the Everfree Forest, gun in hand.

As he walked he took hold of his silver plated dog tag and broke it free of the metal beads supporting it and threw it onto the damp ground, leaving the beads rolling around the floor.

As they clanged onto the ground below, he stopped and took one last look at it before he carried on.

He looked at it for a long time, so long that he lost track of time. He saluted it and said one thing: 'It was an honour serving for you.'

He turned around to continue walking when a putrid smell entered his nose. It smelt like 5 month old garlic with a rotten fishes ass.

He pinned the bridge of his nose shut with his fingers to try and block out the smell, but it wasn't doing much good.

'Jesus! What the fuck is that smell?!'

A faint growl coming from behind the thick, pale green bushes caught Curtis's attention, making he immediately spin around to face it.

He held his gun up, removing the fingers from his nose and placing them on the bottom the guns barrel,

'Who's there?! Show yourself! I have a weapon!' Curtis shouted through the emptiness of the night, awaiting a response.

He was starting to get frustrated as his eyes dilated wildly, it didn't take long before he started firing his assault rifle as he screamed an ear shattering war cry.

Bang, Bang,Bang! Snap,Snap!

The shells jumped through the smoke as the branches and clanging of bullets hit the floor in an abyss of yellow light from the muzzle.

The firing ceased as the gun emptied, leaving echoes that grew quieter with each meter it traveled. Surely, the ponies could of heard that, but he didn't seem to care much.

He stood there, looking around to see if he had got whatever was making the noise, but as he turned to face the bushes behind him, he saw it.

It was made of branches with sap sticking them together like a glue. It's size was that similar to a dogs height, and it's eyes were glowing an unhealthy green with leafs for eyebrows. It's wooden teeth hung like vampire fangs out the roof of its mouth, making Curtis back off a little.

It was a timber wolf.

'Ho-ly shit...' He spoke quietly, hoping that the wolf wasn't going to ram him to the floor and devour his flesh like the midnight feast.

Without thinking he slowly inserted a new magazine of bullets after ejecting the last clip.

The gun gave a quiet click as it was inserted, making the wolf roar, sending a shiver down Curtis's spine as its nerve ringing roar billowed down the forest trees surrounding him.

'Your mine!' Curtis yelled as he aimed the gun at the wooden creature, firing instantly.

The bullets flew through the smoke and into the wolf's limbs with a crack and a creak as shards and splints of wood scattered around it.

The wolf cried in pain as its limbs were torn off its body one by one as Curtis kept firing away at it, making it collapse to the floor after he shot its final back leg off with a snap.

'Bad dog!' He laughed to himself as he saw the wolf fall to the floor with a thud.

He laughed a while to himself for a while until he saw a faint green glow appear around the broken and torn off parts of the wolf's limbs.

'Wha-What the fuck?!'

The wood began to levitate and build itself back into the joints from which they were torn, recreating the wolf that Curtis had shot to shreds.

'No,no,no,no,no,no!' 'That's IMPOSSIBLE!'

Curtis didn't have time to react, he was about to turn around and run, but as he turned, the regenerated wolf pounced on top of him, and he had lost his rifle.

The wolf held Curtis down to the floor, digging its wooden claws into his back as it bit down on his neck, making them dig in further and further the more he struggled.

'Agh! Get off me, you wooden-dicked prick!'

It was getting harder for Curtis to breathe as the the force of the wolf pushed his chest deeper and harder on the ground as he struggled to free himself.

He reached for his knife in his shoe holster and took it out and quickly began to stab at the neck of the raging beast.

Bits of bark and wood shards flew from the neck with each stab, but it didn't seem to faze the wolf one bit, and eventually after moments of stabbing, it clawed at his back and bit down on his neck, digging in its teeth down to the bone.

Curtis began to squirm and bleed from the severe wound and dropped his knife, rendering him defenseless.

'Grrhh!' Curtis's screams echoed loudly through the trees and air as the beast devoured his neck, making blood pour uncontrollably from the bite marks that it had created.

BACK IN PONYVILLE

The gun shots were heard from the forest to the town of Ponyville, followed by the blood curdling screams that followed soon after.

'What the fuck was that?!' Louis's eyes widened as he heard the screams from when he wasn't for away from the forest.

All anger he had within him soon began to dissipate to worry as he heard the all to familiar screams of Curtis.

'CURTIS!' Louis began to run towards the source of the noise but as he was running, he heard the sounds of wings flapping and hooves clopping behind him.

He didn't have time to look, but as he was nearing the forest, he saw that the noises were Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, followed by Ann, Twilight and Rarity and Applejack.

'Louis! Stop! Where are you going? You can't kill him, he's your friend!' Twilight yelled as she ran close to him.

Louis simply ignored it and continued running, not responding to her.

'I'm not going to kill him! I heard gun shots and screaming!'

Before any of them could respond to him, they had reached the forest, all of them paused, looking awkwardly at each other.

'Your um...um..not going in there are you?' Fluttershy said sheepishly

'I have to, he's my friend, I gotta save him.' Louis said, pulling back the cocking mechanism on his assault rifle with a loud click.

'You can follow me or not, but I need to find him!'

Without another word, he ran into the dark and creepy forest, Rainbow Dash and Ann following behind, with the others.

They ran together long and far, and eventually while they were running, something clanged against Ann's boot, making him stop in his tracks.

When he knelt down, he felt around the grass and felt the cold touch of Curtis's dog tags. When he lifted it up, he saw blood covering the plating, covering his own hand as he rubbed his thumb against it slowly.

'Hey, Louis! I found his dog tag!'

They all stopped and looked at Ann holding the blood covered dog tag.

Louis walked slowly up to Ann and took the dog tags from his hand, looking at them hardly.

'He's here. He;s here somewhere!' 'Look around, all of you, we need to find him.'

All of the ponies nodded at the command and searched around the area for any signs of Curtis.

The search went on for several minutes, but eventually, Rainbow Dash found him.

He was behind a bush, scratched up, and mangled all over his back and neck and covered down to his upper legs in blood.

Rainbow puked in disgust at the sight of Curtis's corpse and shouted for Louis and Ann.

'Ann! Louis! I found him!'

In an instant she heard Ann and Louis running towards her with her friends.

Upon seeing his remains, they all puked apart from Ann and Louis who hung their heads in sorrow for their friend.

'Jesus....What the hell happened to him?' Ann said as he inspected the wounds and openings in Curtis's flesh.

'I have no idea but..GAH!' Louis screamed as he felt a sharp pain in his back.

All the ponies, including Ann looked in horror as they saw a timber wolf digging its claw into his back, and gripping his shoulder with its large, wooden teeth.

The wolf growled at them and then dragged Louis away through the bushes and deeper into the forest.

Author's Note:

Sorry you haven't been updated in a while, but I was working and been quite pissed lately.

It will be updated some time this week.