• Published 19th Nov 2013
  • 3,920 Views, 101 Comments

Soldiers Remnants of Us - Ribe_FireRain



A soldier awakes after an attack on his team and when he does, he finds he is no longer on the battlefield, but in a strange new world: Equestria

  • ...
20
 101
 3,920

Winter In Equestria (Sequel/Additional Chapter)

Around 2 years had passes since the soldiers had come to Equestria. Now there were two left: Parker and Ann. Winter had come around and to the remaining ex-soldiers, it was kind of nice in their opinion. It wasn't as cold as it was back home, there wasn't anything to worry about, and they had their friends to hang around with, but for Ann, he had a special some pony to spend his Christmas with. Rainbow Dash. Ever since they had come, he had gotten to know her more and the more he knew of her, the more he loved being with her. It had now gotten to the point were he had the courage to ask her out. Of course Rainbow was surprised and said yes, but what she didn't know is that this winter would be the best she had ever had in her entire life.

It was the middle of the afternoon in Ponyville, and Ann and Parker were walking together to their destination. And of course, that certain destination had to be none other than where Pinkie Pie was holding a party for the town: Sugarcube Corner.
None of the two knew what to expect out of one of her parties, but Ann didn't care much about that, he was more interested in seeing Rainbow again. He couldn't explain it, but the love and warmth he feels when he's around her makes him feel like a completely different man than the one he was before.

Outside was cold and crisp, the snow crunching underneath their leather boots as their breath frosted in the cold air. Eventually reaching their destination after a short walk, they entered Sugarcube Corner. As soon as they got indoors, they could already feel their cold figures heat up from the inviting warmth. Almost immediately, they were greeted by some of the townsfolk, but more specifically, the six friends they met on the first day in Equestria. Twilight and the rest of her friends were all sat at a table, motioning for them to come over with her hoof. The two friends walked over, taking a seat at the table they were all sat at, but what surprised Ann is that when he had sat down, he found that he was sat next to Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Applejack, and not surprising enough, Ann found himself blushing. If it weren't for his cheeks being a cold, rosy red, it would of been visible. Across from him sat Parker, and he sat next to Twilight, Rarity and Pinkie.

''My,my. You two look freezing!'' Rarity said to Ann and Parker, noticing their reddened bodies from the biting cold outside.

''Yeah, at least its not as cold as the winter at home.'' Parker said with a weak smile.

''Ah, its nothin' a mug of hard cider can't fix.'' Applejack said as she opened a cider barrel from behind her with a small crowbar.

She filled the mugs of the frothy, yellow liquid to the brim and passed them all to her friends, Ann and Parker taking one with a thankful smile. They both took small sips each, enjoying the taste that it left on their tongues. Quite fairly, it was the best cider any of them had tasted in forever.

''Cheers, AJ. One mug'll do me for the time being.'' Ann said as he took another sip. ''I'm trying to quit drinking all together.''

''And why's that?'' Rainbow asked from next to him, a coy smile spread on her lips, and Ann knew that look all too well.

''Um...well, I don't really like drinking as much as I used to. I mean, when you get older, it doesn't have the same buzz as before.''

''Oh, come on! Who knew you were such a weakling at drinking?'' Rainbow nudged him playfully in the shoulder. ''I can drink all night long without getting drunk off my hooves!''

''No you can't.'' Applejack said with a wide, daring grin on her face as she eyes her Rainbow maned friend. ''Last Cider Season, you drank like two barrels and a half of cider and even that was enough to knock you down!''

Blushing a shade of pink, Rainbow looked away, her friends, including Ann and Parker laughing at her reaction.

''Yeah,yeah...I can still drink more than you, AJ.''

''Is that so? Well, maybe some other time, Rainbow. Tonight I'm gonna try an stay sober.''

Dash snorted softly, blowing her mane a with a puff. ''Quitter.''.

Ann snickered quietly, covering his mouth with his hand. Rainbow looked at him, wondering what he thought was funny.

''What are you laughing at, tough guy? Something funny to you?'' She asked, never taking her sweet, magenta eyes off his brown eyes.

''N-N-No. Its just you, Rainbow...you crack me up...''

''Oh,really?'' She smirked at Ann, just before she grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him closer to her, generating her warm body heat to his own cold body.

Playfully she ruffled his hair, partly tickling him, trying to make him laugh, but to her surprise, he didn't laugh as much as she wanted him to. Letting him back up, she noticed Ann blush slightly. At the opposite side of the table, Rainbow and Ann noticed the others laughing at them quietly, suppressing their laughter with their hooves.

''What's so funny?'' Rainbow asked, confused at their laughter.

''L-Look up, Rainbow.'' Twilight snickered, pointing above Rainbow and Ann's heads with a hoof.

They both looked up, and hanging above their heads was a piece of mistletoe. They both blushed brightly, looking nervously at each other.

''W-Who put that there?'' Rainbow nearly exclaimed, damn near shocked.

''N-Nopony...'' Pinkie said quietly, trying to resist bursting into laughter, and obviously, Rainbow knew it was her. That look and the way she said it made it clear she put it there.

''Pinkie...'' Rainbow nearly growled.

''Oh, come on, Dash! Its Hearths Warming Eve! You have to! That's the rules!''

Turning back to face Ann, she nervously etched closer towards him, getting next to his side to the point where they were touching each other. Ann looked back, not knowing how to handle the situation he was now in. He didn't have anything against her, in fact, he loved her like family. So what harm could this one thing do? Carefully, he lowered his level, gently placing his hands on Rainbow's sides, deepening her blush at his cold but comfortable touch. Ever so slowly, they moved closer to each other, eventually touching lips. To say the least about the awkward moment, it was rather relaxing, and Ann enjoyed every second of the short moment.

Rainbow's lips tasted sweet and smooth. But on top of that, the taste of the hard cider was still there, and in Ann's opinion, it tasted awesome... After a short moment, they broke from the kiss, both looking into each others eyes as they both blushed a burning crimson.

''Wow...'' Ann whispered quietly to himself.

He enjoyed it that much, that neither of them even noticed Pinkie rolling around on the floor laughing endlessly.

''Hahaha! That was soooooo good! I knew you both liked each other!''

''Wait, what?!'' Rainbow blurted out, staring Pinkie dead in her baby blue eyes. ''Me and Ann?''

Rainbow turned for a moment, not bothering about the skeptical looks Fluttershy and Applejack were giving her.
It was true, she really did like Ann. He did remind her a lot about David, and it was evident enough he liked her back in the same way, but them two together? Would that even work? He was a human and she was a pony, what would the others think of that?

''Well, of course I like Ann.'' She said quietly, turning back around to face Ann in the eyes, moving closer to him. ''I-I-I love him like family.''

''Awww....'' Fluttershy said softly in her usual sweet voice. ''For one, I think you two are perfect for each other.''

Ann blushed deeply, staring right back at Rainbow. Slowly, he drank more of his cider, feeling it warm up his insides a little bit.

''I love you too, Rainbow.'' Is all he said, audible enough that everyone at the table - and a few others - heard it.

Without saying much more, he pulled her into a hug, enjoying the feeling of her beautiful, silky, cyan coat against his skin. As he moved away from the hug, he kissed Rainbow passionately on the lips. Taken back a little by this, Rainbow blushed a deeper red than she had ever before. Her friends watched the whole thing, happy for the both of them, but a little shocked at how it was going out.

''That. Was. Awesome...'', Rainbow said slowly, in her own heaven for a moment.


After the party at Sugarcube Corner, Ann and Rainbow stayed behind, and somehow, Rainbow managed to talk Pinkie into let them both stay for a while longer. They both sat with each other at a table, drinking some of the leftover cider from Applejack's barrel from earlier. The only difference was that it was warm, due to it being placed in a microwave moments before the party ended.
They both sat there together closely, holding each other in their arms. They both cuddled closely together for a short while, but then they both found it to be the most closest, most beautiful moment of their lives. They were both making out, making quiet moaning noises as they enjoyed each others embrace. Soon after, they broke from the passionate moment and stared each other in the eyes that were now full of lust.

''Rainbow, I want you to know that I love you.'' Ann said, trying to catch his breath. Rainbow doing the same.

''I love you, too.'' Rainbow said as she snuggled into Ann's chest, soon finding comfort from his beating heart.

''Rainbow, from the moment I met you, I knew, deep down, that I loved you. I hope we can stay together for a long time. Right now, you're the best thing that ever happened to me. You're just so beautiful, Rainbow...''

He was cut short by Rainbow planting her lips onto his, bringing that warm feeling back to them both. When she broke from the kiss, Ann stepped back, reaching into his jacket pocket and pulling out a small, wrapped up package. He gently passed it to Rainbow Dash's hooves, Rainbow looking a bit confused but curious as to what its contents were.

''Happy Hearths Warming, Dashie.''

''What is it?''

''Something I want you to keep forever.''

Curiosity taking her mind over, Rainbow pulled at the packaging, underneath displaying a small, black box with a small symbolic but detailed pink rose on the lid. Opening the lid of the box, she found an actual pink rose inside of it, pulling it out, realizing it was the same as on the box's lid.Underneath the rose lay a framed picture. Taking it out and looking at it, Rainbow's eyes were instantly welling with tears of joy. It was of Ann and her together on their first date. They were both hugging and kissing each other passionately and right on top of the frame read:

''Rainbow and Ann - Never Ending Love''