• Published 2nd Mar 2012
  • 3,438 Views, 43 Comments

Wrath - FishyCrackers431



No one is perfect. Everyone has their quirks. Some are more dangerous than others.

  • ...
10
 43
 3,438

Goodnight

Epilogue: Goodnight

goodnight, noun: a farewell or leave-taking

Dear Princess Celestia

I understand if you've got a lot on your mind, but I thought you'd like to know what I've learned. Friends... friends are the most amazing people you'll ever meet, but they're not perfect. No matter how amazing they may seem, everyone has their quirks. I'm no angel, and neither are my friends, but it's not about getting over those downsides. It's about accepting them, loving your friends all the more for having them, and trying to understand where they're coming from. You should never judge a pony on their downsides, you should be thankful for the good, rather than angry at the bad. Whether it be envy, gluttony, greed, pride, sloth, lust, or even rage... you never know what could happen.

Your Most Faithful Student
Twilight Sparkle

Princess Celestia rolled the letter back into a scroll and set it down before her, closing her eyes for a brief moment. She lay on her usual spot, in front of the fireplace in her room. It was pleasant, a nice retreat from the duties of the day, the worries of outside.

"So, this Twilight Sparkle, she is your student?"

Except tonight.

Luna sat upon Celestia's bed, looking out the nearby window towards the falling night. The day had been a long one, with quite a bit of chaos on the way back for both Celestia and Luna, though defeating Discord a second time was barely a challenge for Twilight and her friends. After all, they had already been wearing their elements.

"My finest and most trustful, yes. Even when she makes mistakes, Twilight never ceases to amaze me. She reminds me of you, when you were little" Celestia gave a soft chuckle to herself.

In her hoof, Luna held the blue orb; the Element of Sin. She looked it over repeatedly, yet gave no ill thought of it. "We believe thou are quite lucky to have someone so... determined. "

Celestia smiled softly to herself. Yes, it was true, she was quite lucky to have Twilight, as both a student, and perhaps the closest thing she'd ever have to a daughter. "You know, Luna, you're free to take up a student of your own, if you'd like. She's learning so much, so fast..."

Luna only gave a smile and shake of the head, setting the gem down onto the bedside. "None would compare to Twilight Sparkle. Perhaps onehast learned a lesson of her own?"

With a quick nod, Celestia stood from her spot. "Luna, we don't spend enough time together I think. We have the night to ourselves, how about I go have a servant prepare some fruit for us?"

"We would be most grateful, it has been a long day" Luna gave a nod of thanks, resting her head down onto the bed. With minimal effort, she lifted the gem from her own hoof and brought it over to Celestia, who took it with some understanding,

Celestia turned and hurried to the door, to go fetch a servant. She stopped briefly in the doorway. "Of course, I'll make sure to lock this up again. I trust you wont make the mistake of taking it for yourself once more. Oh, and before I forget, do you like bananas?"

Luna froze for half a second, giving Celestia a look half of terror, half of confusion. "N... no, we would rather no bananas in our fruit..."

Celestia raised an eyebrow at this, but gave only a quick shrug and hurried out.

-

"Hey Spike?"

"Hm?" Spike peeked his head up from his basket, looking over to Twilight who lay in her own bed. The room was once again dark, and they'd only just climbed into bed.

"You think my parents would be proud of me? When they hear about everything that happened?"

Spike rolled over in his bed, letting out a loud yawn. "You worry too much, I'm proud of you"

Twilight gave a quick chuckle from where she lay. "You really shouldn't be. I didn't do anything, it was all my fault after all... And that doesn't count, I'm not your mommy"

"Close enough"

"Oh for Pete's sake!" Rainbow yelled from where she lay; in between Twilight and Rarity. The whole six of them lay inside Twilight's bed, all trying to sleep. "You guys are going to make me sick"

"Some of are trying to sleep" Rarity growled from her position, turning over to face away from the others.

"I don't mind, really, if you want to keep talking..." Fluttershy continued; who lay between Applejack and Pinkie Pie on Twilight's opposite side.

Twilight let out a low groan. "You guys know I'm not leaving again, right? You don't have to stay here anymore"

"Nice try Sugarcube" Applejack sat up just to give Twilight a few pats on the head, before sinking back beneath the covers. "But you're stuck with us 'til you pay us all back for the property damage"

"I don't actually have to be here, it's just nice and warm for my little hoovsies! This is like one big slumber party!" Pinkie yelled, raising her hooves in the air and clapping them together. "Oh, wait, we should all say goodnight to each other! I'll start! Goodnight Fluttershy, goodnight Applejack, goodnight Twilight, goodnight Rainbow, goodnight Rarity, goodnight Spike!" Pinkie sat up where she lay, looking to the others. She was met with five glares. "Or... maybe we could all just go to sleep..."

Spike gave a quick laugh and snuggled himself back into his bed, satisfied. "Goodnight"

Comments ( 20 )

Not a bad sounding premise, will give it a read later today

Edit: Not bad, I rather liked it.

281336 yep:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:

you've got talent, keep on writing :twilightsheepish::twilightsmile:

281336

Wait, did I seriously write colt? I did, didn't I? Wow... Mentally slapping myself.

EDIT: Alright, fixededed... Still feel like an idiot for that.

0.0 wow this is GOOOD keep writing

:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache: five out of five moustache for you

Good, but the ending is weak compared to the rest. An extended discussion right after saving Twilight would have been nice, as would some story dealing with the fallout of this beyond Celestia, Luna, and Twilight's friends.

This was a good story, but two things;

1) SPACES BETWEEN WORDS, and
2) ''Twilight'' The group replied. ........................DOTDOTDOT
Sorry...
Anyway, good premise. Nice buildup to Twilight's anger, and the way you described their reactions was good.
BUT THE OOCNESS HURTS
Seriously, so out of character. Rainbow should've been MUCH more devastated over her wings, and the way they just reacted to Twilight..
Princess Celestia's reaction was so bad it hurt.
SHE'S A FRIGGIN ALICORN! She could've done all of that stuff!
Also, that Discord at the end? I hated that. There was no need for it. It was redundant, and added NOTHING to the story.
All in all, this story...Nice ideas, but bad writing. Thumbs down.

Also, Dear Princess Celestia, FiM fiction is telling me this story is mine...
-.-

Im not gonna be mean and say this is mine but I posted something almost exactly like this not too long ago and it's still up on my page, now im not gonna be a douche and say you copied it, but im leaning towards it's more coincidental. Never the less it's a good idea.

281798

Thanks for the input.

The spaces between words is actually a glitch I had when I first put up the story, I'm still sorting that out when I find them. Something about the original file not liking italics... I don't know. I just take my time and procrastinate doing so. Something about reading my own work leaves a bad taste in my mouth, even if I like how I did it.

And yes, I did actually have one really complicated plot set out around why Celestia wouldn't allow anything to be done, involving Discord briefly, which would have explained quite a lot, but all it really did was provide loads of exposition that just took up space. Loads of talk that got less and less interesting, so I cut it down, kept it short. That's actually why Discord was added in at the end, though his presence was made near pointless without that bit of exposition.

282035 I really liked that story, seemed like a really good, lengthy episode, and it really helped to clear my mind of
"The Experiments of Twilight Sparkle" :pinkiehappy::rainbowlaugh::raritywink::yay::ajsmug::twilightsmile::trollestia::moustache:

282035
Thanks for the reply, although I think that anything can be made interesting. If you'd kept a little of the speech, just a small insight, then this would've made a lot more sense. I believe what RealityCheck is saying here is the most accurate.

291670
Well when you say it like that... actually yeah, that's exactly right. :pinkiehappy: But she can probably get away with it to Social Services considering the usual stuff that happens with Spike.

283229
I'm not a good Celestia writer, a lot of what I put for her I actually ended up going over several times. I'll remember to look over her and edit some. Though the idea that she was out of the country was more added in as an explanation for why she didn't appear immediately. The known time from Canterlot to Ponyville is roughly a few hours by flight, and would've made for a much shorter story.
As for the whole "Don't do anything about it..." well, to be honest I knew that'd be a bit of a problem. When I removed the big speech of just why everyone was screwed, I was just kinda relying on the idea of "If you go, you're probably going to get burned to death (and then it's going to be my fault)" which normally passes by show's logic though not so much when applied to real world logic. The general idea was that Nightmare Moon and Discord never openly attacked the girls, they had other plans, and the Dragon scene was more of a "Just get rid of it, you don't have to go all Skyrim on it, just make it go away", where as Twilight was holding a flamethrower on her head and was ready to fire.

I'd have honestly gotten rid of her entirely if I could've. Seriously. I don't like Celestia.

283092
It was going to be a lot more weird, trust me. That's actually why I added in each definition, to show the variation of the word I was using. I figured just letting Fluttershy keep her kindness was a good representation.

Also if I went with the popular representation, I'd have to turn the rating up on this story. If you know what I mean :trollestia:

I liked this story! :rainbowkiss: Though I do admit, Celestia seems to be acting a little strange, are you planning a sequel for this?:rainbowhuh:

340788
It's still greed. Not LUST.
Don't use the word lust if you aren't willing to use the actual concept.

Wow this is good really good
Wrath is my personal Element.

332370

I've been told Celestia came across as weird, she's not my best to write, unfortunately. And yes, actually. I started a sequel a while back, but I haven't actually worked on it in a couple months. The official reason for this is that it involves Twilight's parents so I'm waiting on the royal wedding. The more obvious reason is that I'm lazy.

Also the plot I sketched out once again went through the routine of Twilight going to see EVERY SINGLE ONE of her friends. Which was annoying enough to write the first time. So I'm considering rewriting the whole first half. I know it may sound like an overreaction, but looking back, I've only got one and a half chapters of that done and they're both kinda bad...

im suprised i ahvnt seen any comments about applejack and the property damage line (princess why u no take respobility for your screw ups)

awesome story, really liked it! :pinkiehappy:
one thing i did find a little annoying was how 'petty' and 'cowardly' (was the best words i could think of) celestia was in general and towards twilight, her friends and luna in the whole situation: i mean; first she doesn't even try to solve the situation and just gives up when twilight runs away, she even tells spike and all the others to just forget about her completely!:pinkiegasp: then she scolds twilight and her friends for not following her orders when twilight's friends and luna manage to set things right, when clearly; its she who was wrong. its the only thing i thought was bad with the story; celestia's personality...:facehoof:

Nice!! *likes story* I kind of expected pinkie to say "goodnight readers!" When she was saying her goodnights. Well as long as she is back to being hyper i am happy!:pinkiehappy:

341343 Well, Lust is the desire for a specific item and your desire to have it in your possesion, whereas Greed is the practice of hoarding many things for yourself. So unless Angel has a secret stash of gems hidden away somewhere (which I doubt), it is still considered Lust.

Login or register to comment