• Published 14th Sep 2013
  • 6,519 Views, 2,920 Comments

Foal Adventures. - Super-Stallion



This is Rainbows new life as Fluttershy's foal along with Lightning, as they go on some adventures only a foal would dare to go.

  • ...
21
 2,920
 6,519

PreviousChapters Next
Castle Chaos part 7

As Shadow put Sly back on the ground he stood up and looked at the new area filled with gears and all over the place, one direct path was not clear and it looked like if the group was going to make it across they would have to start climbing the gears themselves, which could be very dangerous for the young foals, and to make matters worst they still had to find the crystal that would let them leave the area. “SPIDER!!” Blueblood yelled, as he ran and hid behind the group, as Shadow turned and looked at a giant spider making its way across the cogs and heading straight for the group. “Onyx, do something, use your heat vision on it.” Blueblood pushed Onyx forward getting the young colt to gulp slightly not sure if it would work.

“I’ll try.” Onyx prepared to start only to be stopped as Shadow walked in front of him and stood between the group and the spider as it made it’s way to them. “Shadow, get out of the way I was going to-” Onyx was cut off as Shadow waved him away once the spider arrived, for several moments the spider and Shadow stood facing each other, Shadow wasn’t even in a fighting stance, and his chain was still wrapped around his waist. As he took a few steps forward the foals watched on breathlessly wondering who would win in this battle, the massive spider or their friend. Shadow held out his hand for several moments letting the spider move in close.

“What is he doing?” Trixie asked Granny Smith, getting her to smile slightly.

“Why he’s just trying to make friends with the little lady.”

“Little Lady? First we need to talk about your definition of little, and second how do you know that’s a lady?” Rainbow asked, as she looked at Granny Smith.

“Well, miss sassy pants, I don’t need to work on any definitions, and second I know that’s a lady because if you notice she also has another spider on her back.” Rainbow flew up into the air a little and noticed a second spider on the large spider’s back, then returned with Granny Smith and the rest then nodded. “That little feller is her mate, the only reason she came over here is because we’re new.” with that the group looked back at Shadow and watched as the larger spider placed its head up to his hand. “Looks like they’ve made friends.” the massive spider then turned around and lowered her back end. “And it looks like we’re being given a ride.

“Uh yeah, I’ll stick to flying thank you.” Rainbow said, as she started to flap her wings, getting Lightning and Nightmare Moon to do the same. “It’ll give you more room on her back.” As the other foals started to climb onto the giant spider’s back Sky hooves smiled as he started to use his ring and they found themselves sitting in a ride like device that gave them little seats, the male spider extra protection and was completely weightless and didn’t hinder the larger spiders movement at all.

“Alright, let’s get going.” Sky Hooves said, with a smile on his face as everyone got buckled in. As the Spider started to crawl away with the foals Onyx noticed that Shadow wasn’t among them. He then spotted Shadow making his way further up the clockwork realm by climbing the cogs. “Where is he going?” Sky Hooves asked, as he looked at Onyx.

“I think he’s going after the crystal, I guess he didn’t want us to get hurt climbing all those cogs.” Just then something fell from above getting the foals attention as what ever it was fell further down the clockwork world.

“I think we might have some trouble.” Rainbow said, as she pointed above to Shadow already fighting what looked to be clockwork ponies. “We’re going to need something to fight those things off.”

“Got it covered.” with that the little riding harness soon changed into a green battle armor that would help protect the larger spider, give the foals a place to ride, as well as a gun turret in the back.

“Can’t say I like it, but it’ll have to do, now you pony the guns Trixie, Sunset, Blueblood you use those fancy shields of yours to keep us protected from those cog heads, Rainbow, Lightning you fly under us to make sure nothing tries to get our big friend from below, and Moony you keep them safe.” Granny Smith said, getting all the ponies to salute and go to their task, while at the same time getting Onyx to wonder once again if maybe his powers had gotten stronger. As he focused one of the Clockwork ponies Shadow was currently engaged with.

“AH!” as Trixie scream Onyx spun around and let loose with a blast of heat vision blasting a clockwork pony that had landed on Trixie’s shield. “Onyx, you saved me.”

“Nice shooting sonny, you go ahead and sit up front and give our big friend some head protection, and to give Sky Hooves a bit of a cut down on work.

“We’re starting to get some trouble down here.” Lightning yelled from below.

“Ah’ll right. Sky Hooves think you can make another gun thingy on the bottom?”

“Sure thing, Granny Smith.” a small ball turret appeared around Night Mist and then went over the edge and stopped in the middle of the spider's mid section.

“Give us some covering fire alright?” Rainbow said as she flew close to the ball.

“B-but what if it hit you by mistake.” Night Mist asked, as he looked at Rainbow.

“You're sweet, but don’t worry we’ll keep clear of your attacks.” with that Night Mist nodded and started to target a group of Clockwork ponies heading for them. While the foals defended themselves against the on coming hoards of Clockwork ponies, Shadow was up in the cogs already dwindling the numbers down for them, with a crack of the chain whip he would cut through several of them at once, and for the ones that managed to get past the whips effective range and up close with him, he quickly made short work of them as he punched through their Plexiglas like heads. Or just kicked them away into the teeth of the machine that didn’t miss a beat as it grinded the parts up. It wasn’t until he reached the top that Shadow could see his goal in sight the crystal that kept them trapped in this area was right in front of him, inside the chest cavity of a giant clockwork Arachne. In its two human like arms it held a sword and shield it was ready to do battle as its mechanical limbs slowly moved it around the large cog both it and Shadow now stood upon. As Shadow slowly walked around, keeping his eyes locked on the clockwork Arachne he kept his chain whip at the ready.

Back down with the foals on their slowly moving battle platform the Clockwork Ponies didn’t seem like they where going to give up as they kept trying to attack only to be kept at bay by either the weapons of shields while Rainbow and Lightning kept flying around knocking what clockwork ponies they could out of the sky, and off of cogs. “We’re almost at the exit keep up the good work youngins.” Granny Smith called out with a smile. While back in the throne room Kit slept peacefully while his prisoners watched on in terror through the crystal ball as their brave little foals kept putting up a valiant battle to try and reach them in time.

“What about Shadow, why isn’t he with them?” Spitfire asked, not knowing if anypony else could hear her, but then saw the Crystal ball switch to Shadow fighting the clockwork Arachne, ducking and dogging its sword, then lashing out with his chain whip.

“I think I’m starting to understand what’s going on.” Luna said, as she kept watching the crystal ball, and Shadow fighting the area’s boss. “And if I’m right.” Luna looked up at the sleeping Kit and her eyes scowled. “I know someone that’s going to be in big trouble when I get out of here.” While back with the foals. The giant spider had reached the exit and remained with them while they continued to hold off the clockwork ponies that had continued to slowly advance on their position.

“Where is the exit?” Blueblood asked, as he looked at the blank wall.

“The crystal, we didn’t find the crystal yet.” Back on the massive cog above, Shadow swung out with his whip wrapping the Arachne’s sword with it and pulled it back stripping the creature of its weapon just before he ran up and tackled the monster of the cog sending both of them toppling down through the massive gears.

“Where is Shadow? I thought he was going after the crystal.” Blueblood asked, as he started to look around, but then turned his attention to a lot of banging that was slowly getting closer until the clockwork Arachne slammed into a large cog just a few feet away. “WHAT IS THAT THING!?”

“Target practice.” Sky Hooves said, as both him and Onyx focused on the creature as it started to get up from the fall, but didn’t fire as a moment later Shadow landed on top of it slamming it back into the cog, and slammed his hand into it’s back, the mechanical creature twisted and twitched as it was having trouble with the foreign object not logged into it’s back, after a few moments Shadow removed his hand holding the crystal in it, then smashed it through the clockwork Arachne’s head shattering it against the cog. As the area seem to turn back to normal the remainder clockwork ponies fell into the pit below no longer functioning as Shadow turned and started to make his way to the group. “Onyx?”

“Yeah Sky?”

“Remind me never to make him angry at me.”

“Ditto.” As all the foals got together at the exit door they watched as Shadow petted their giant friend on the head just before she jumped into the shadows swinging away on a web. As they walked through this next door they didn’t know what they would find on the other side, but knew that it meant they where one step closer to freeing their parents.

PreviousChapters Next