• Published 14th Sep 2013
  • 6,519 Views, 2,920 Comments

Foal Adventures. - Super-Stallion



This is Rainbows new life as Fluttershy's foal along with Lightning, as they go on some adventures only a foal would dare to go.

  • ...
21
 2,920
 6,519

PreviousChapters Next
Not So Old Granny

Walking through the Everfree Forest. The CMC were looking for something, Applebloom leading the group through the dangerous forest.

"Applebloom, what exactly are we looking for in here again?" Sweetie Belle asked, looking around nervously at the dark forest like something may jump out at any minute.

"I told you girls already, I'm lookin' for this here flower in Zecora's book I found," Applebloom said pulling the book she borrowed from Zecora out of her saddle bag. Then turning the page, she reached the picture of a red weird looking flower. "says here a pony can feel young again with this flower."

"Wait, what do you need a flower like that for?" Scootaloo asked.

Applebloom bowed her head. "Granny hasn't been feeling well lately. Her hip gets worse and worse by the day. One time she got sick not too long ago she didn't look very good either, she told me not to worry but..."

"But?"

"But one night while I was walking down the hall past Granny's room, I heard her talking to Applejack about how it maybe... it's her time to leave this world." Applebloom said tears starting to show.

"W-What does that mean?" Sweetie asked worriedly.

Applebloom whipped her tears and looked at her friends. "It means, we got to find that flower to help my Granny." she said turning around and continuing to walk on.

"We're looking for a red flower that kinda looks like a star right?" Scoots asked.

"Yeah that's right."

"Like those over there?" Scootaloo pointed over to the side where a patch of the same red flower as in the book.

Applebloom smiled and ran over to the patch until she was a few inches away. "Scoots, why didn't you say something before?"

"You didn't ask."

"Alright put on your gloves, girls, and let's get started."

The three fillies dug into there bags and pulled out there gardening gloves putting them on and then they started digging up the flowers not knowing the true danger of the seemingly harmless plant.

****

A few hours later, back at Sweet Apple Acres, Granny Smith was sitting on the porch as usual, as passing the day away while her Big Mac and Applejack worked in the fields.

Granny sighed. 'The kids sure are working hard today,' she thought to herself. 'I wish I could help...but with my old bones I probably won't even make it to the other orchard, if only I was a few years younger.'

"Hey Granny."

Granny looks and smiles as she watches her youngest grandchild and her friends run across the yard towards her excitedly. "Hello Applebloom, what do you girls need?"

Applebloom held up the pot of tea she had brought with her from the clubhouse. That had the flower they got from the Everfree Forest mixed in it. "We made you some tea, Granny, want some?" Applebloom said.

"Depends, did Sweetie help?"

"Nope."

"Then I'll be happy to."

Sweetie frowned when she heard that. "Why does everypony hate my cooking?" she said irritated.

"Everything you cook burns to a crisp! You even burned soup once!" Scootaloo retorted.

"Come on, just cause it had a few burned parts doesn't make it bad."

"Caramel once ate your food and he had to get his stomach pumped."

"Could have been something else he ate."

"Onyx cried when you tried feeding him."

While the two fillies fought, Applebloom had hooved a cup of the tea to Granny who started sipping the tea bit by bit until it was all gone. Granny smiles at Applebloom. "Thank ya kindly, Applebloom, that tea was pretty good."

"Thank you, Granny, do you feel any younger?" Applebloom asked leaning in.

"Hmm, nope still feel like the old bag of bones I've always been, why you ask?"

"Uh no reason...you mean you don't feel anything?" Applebloom raised a brow.

"Yep, I feel dandy." Granny replied then she yawned. "Well, I feel in quite tired now, I'll see you girls later." the girls watched as she started walking inside and sighed.

"Aw man, I thought that would work." Applebloom said sadly, turned and walking away.

"Don't worry Applebloom, I bet Granny will be just fine." Sweetie said to comfort her friend.

"I hope you're right Sweetie."

Back in the house, Granny was walking up the stairs, as she walked she felt more and more tired after every step she took. 'Dag gum, I've never felt this tired before.' she thought then sighed. 'You have to face the facts Ana Belle old gal, you're old after escaping death himself for so long soon it may finally be your time.'

Granny walked down the hall and entered her room. Putting on her nightgown she laid down on her bed covering up with her sheets, she yawned as she thought to herself. 'I hope the young'ens be alright once I'm gone, I love those grandkids of mine so much...It would have been nice to see my great grandkids, if only I was younger, I could help AJ and Big Mac in the fields or even play with sweet little Applebloom. Oh well all I can do now is spend as much time as I can before moving on.'

****

Later after all the work was done, Applejack and Big Mac was getting the table set up for dinner, Big Mac was cooking while Applejack set up the table. Then Applebloom came in and sat down at the table.

"Hey Applejack, need any help?" the littlest sibling asked.

Applejack looked up and smiled at her. "Sure little Sis, how about you set the rest these plates while I go and wake up Granny?"

Applebloom nodded and Applejack left leaving her sis to set the rest of the plates while she goes upstairs and get Granny. Applejack opened the door to her room and walked in, she walked towards the bed and started lightly shaking the lump which is no doubt Granny. "Come on Granny, dinner's almost ready." Applejack said shacking the lump under the covers. Then she raised a brow, something didn't seem right to Applejack. 'Is it me or does Granny seem smaller?'

She didn't have time to ponder the question further though, for the covers started to move and they slipped away for what was under them made AJ's eyes grow to the size of dinner plates. Rubbing her eyes from sleep, a little foal with a green coat and white mane fixed up into pigtail, opened her eyes and looked up at Applejack.

"Hey Appwejack, is dinner weady?" Granny asked, stretching out her limps oblivious to her new voice and form.

Applejack was shocked, she couldn't believe this little foal was Granny, but how could she deny it!? The foal had her coat and mane, even her Cutie Mark! "Uh... G-Granny is that really you?" AJ asked still perplexed.

"Well of couwse, I'm youw Gwanny what do you-" she cut off when she realized something was very wrong. "What in Tawnation is wong with my-!? And Appwejack who told you, you can have a growth spuwt without my pewmission?!"

"It's not me who's grown, Granny, You've been shrunk, you're a foal!"

Granny's eyes grew, looking down she gasped as she saw the implication of baby fat she's seen on so many apple babies in the past on her belly. She wondered how this happened to her then her thought's went back to earlier. "Thank you Granny, do you feel any younger?"

"APPLEBWOOM!!"

Hearing her name, Applebloom quickly entered the room and when she saw Granny she raised a brow. "Hey Applejack, who's that little filly?"

"Applebwoom, it's me, your Granny." Granny huffed not liking what she called her.

Applebloom's eyes grew wide. "Granny, that you?!"

"Yes Applebloom, it's Granny... You wouldn't happen to know how this happened to her, would you?" Applejack asked.

"Umm....No."

Granny squinted his eyes. "Appwebloom, tell the twuth." she said in a warning tone.

As cute as it was Granny trying to scowl her with that cute face, Applebloom sighed with guilt "Okay it's my fault... I turned Granny into a foal."

"How?"

Applebloom explained everything, from when she overheard Granny to when she made the tea that did this to Granny. When she was done, Granny was less angry and more sad for her grandchild. "Aww Appwebwoom...come here." Granny said stretching out her hooves to her.

Applebloom's lips quivered a bit, she then runned to her little Granny she hugged her. "I'm sorry Granny, I didn't know this would happen. I just couldn't lose you." Applebloom said tears flowing down.

Granny hugged her neck. "It's otay widdle Bwoom, I undewstand, but what you did was still wrong even if you had good intentions...though you're still getting a spankin' after this."

Applebloom wiped her tears and smiled. "Alright Granny, whatever you say."

Applejack smiles at the adorable scene. Then she hears the door open and looks to see Big Mac standing there with a confused look.

"Umm... Applejack, who's foal is that and why does she look like Granny?"

"I'll tell you when we come down. Could you do me a favor and get Applebloom's old high chair?"

****

After eating, the farmer's were now talking about how to deal with there 'little' problem. Granny (after some persuading) sitting in a high chair as they talked.

"Alright so it's agreed then, that will all watch over Granny until we can find away to change her back." Applejack said, everypony in the room nodded except for Applebloom.

"Does... she really have to change back to normal?"

"Applebloom! You know good and well she does, Granny doesn't want to stay this way forever!" Applejack retorted.

"Actuawwy Appwejack," Granny Smith interrupted, "if Appwebloom wants me to stay this way for a while, I don't mind."

Applejack looked at her shock. "What! Granny, you can't be serious, you don't really want to stay this way do you!?"

"Hmm not really, I would have prefer to be in the age of my prime. But I don't like being old either, at least I have plenty of energy now, I've never felt happiew." she giggled.

"But Granny-"

"AJ."

"Uhh yeah?"

"Could you hoof me my cane?"

"Uh sure." she said before picking it up and hoofing It to her.

"Thank you."

Bonk

"Ow... what was that for!?" Applejack asked rubbing the bump on her head.

"I may be a widdle apple now but I'm still your Gwanny, undewstand!?" Granny scowled.

Applejack sighed. "Yes Granny."

"And that goes for you too, Big Mac."

"Eeyup."

Granny let go of her cane, letting it go to the floor and smiled. "Good now wet's eat...by the way, AJ, you and me awe going to have to have a little talk on what I'm going to eat."

Applejack looked at her brother with a bemused look. "Our life is about to drop go to tartarus, ain't it?"

"Eeyup."

****

After dinner, they set up Applebloom's old crib in Granny's room. She was now laying in the crib thinking about how this will change her life.

'Well looks like I got my wish sorta. I'll be able to help AJ and Big Mac when I'm big enough and my hip feels great and now I can spend more time with my little bloom...and...'

Granny got up onto the rail of the crib and looked out the window like she could see something through the darkness of the night and the orchard. "You can't touch me now, you bag of bones."

Out in the darkness of the orchard, a creature in a black robe was staring at the Apple family house. The only thing that revealed his features was the face of his skull poking out the robe his empty eye sockets glowing red. "You can't escape Death forever Granny Smith someday, YOU WILL BE MINE!" the creature said before disappearing into the night.

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long. I hope you like Granny Smith in Foal Adventures.

Kit: Wow next Apple family reunion is going to be weird.

SS: Yeah I wonder what Granny's old friends gonna say.

Kit: She'll probably laugh but also be a little jealous she'll live longer then her.

Discord: Yeah to bad they cant get the same treatment...or can they?::pinkiehappy:

SS: Discord what are you thinking? O-o

Discord: Nothing ::pinkiehappy: (Walks of holding regression canon.)

SS: Discord what are you doing with that? >:(

Discord: (Runs off)

SS: DISCORD!!XO

Now edited by my friend firebirdabirdoffire

PreviousChapters Next