• Published 14th Sep 2013
  • 6,519 Views, 2,920 Comments

Foal Adventures. - Super-Stallion



This is Rainbows new life as Fluttershy's foal along with Lightning, as they go on some adventures only a foal would dare to go.

  • ...
21
 2,920
 6,519

PreviousChapters Next
Tropical Trouble

April 1st

"I'm back from doing groceries again. Again... Discord get off my FimFiction account!! Don't send your fanfiction under my alias it to Super-Stallion!!"

"Too late, oopsie. I'll tell him it's an April Fools chapter."

"It better be suitable for an April Fools chapter, or be published April Fools."

"<.<"

"That isn't a word... And I'm pretty sure it doesn't have that much syllables."

Author's Notes:
Prepare for incoming awfulness.

~firebirdabirdmadeoutoffire

It was rainy day into Ponyville. The weather Pegasi planned rain for the next week and a half, not non-stop of course, but it's still not pleasant. For the Fluttershy residence this meant a boring week and a half. Well only Rainbow and Lightning were bored anyway, Fluttershy was never short on hobbies to try out, from cross stitching to singing in secret to reading to researching a way to become a pony/animal hybrid to communicate better with her animal friends. Depends on what you think she does on her own time.

"I'm bowed." Lightning sighed staring outside the window.

"I know, you told me one hundwed times alweady." Rainbow said with a hint of annoyance doing the same thing as Lightning.

"Why isn't thewe anything to do?"

"Why don't you read a Daring Do book?" Fluttershy said lying on the couch reading Batmare: A Death in the Family.

"We'we kinda buwned out on them." Rainbow said.

"How about just playing?"

"Ditto, we just awen't in the mood I guess." Lightning said.

"Oh... Alright."

"I wish we could go somewhewe sunny..." Rainbow lamented.

"Yeah..." So did Lightning.

"Hmm..." Something triggered Fluttershy's memory. "That reminds me." Fluttershy searched her recent mail. "This is an envelope with four free tickets to stay in Póneicentro for a week."

"Wha?"

"It's a tropical island located to the north of South-Equestria. It's the third island of the LMP islands. I heard it's a great tourist attraction."

"Then why did you put it back in the envewope and not teww us?" Lightning asked.

"I wanted to give it to somepony else. As you know, I'm not really a fan of hugely populated areas. But seeing you want to do see something new, I won't do anything to convince you otherwise."

"Sweet!" The foals yelled in unison. "But that weaves us with one ticket weft..." Lightning said.

"Actually three, foals get to go free."

"Nice." Rainbow said. "So who awe you gonna pick?"

"I could go ask our friends now if you like."

"Pwease do~"

"Alright, now I'll have to find my raincoat..."


Rarity

"I'd love to darling, but I have too much to make that I don't trust anypony else with. Maybe you should try asking Applejack."


Applejack

"Can't, too much farming. Ah'm not why these two come to mah mind, but why not ask Spitfire and Soarin'."


Spitfire & Soarin'

"Can't."

"Ditto."


Twilight

"Sorry. You should try ask Celestia or Luna. They sounded like they needed a vacation. I'll sent them a letter." A letter was sent and a letter returned.

Dear Fluttershy,

We would love to, would you mind if we take Philomena with? We would take Nightmare and Blueblood with, but Nightmare would complain about the sun shining too bright on those islands, and our guess is that she also influenced Sly's and Blueblood's decision. She's almost impossible, almost. So they'll be baby sat by Cadence, I hope she'll survive.

With love,
Celestia (and Luna)

"Please dell the princesses *Sniff* I don't mind dat." Fluttershy caught a cold. One letter later.

Dear Fluttershy,

Thank you, dearly. Philomena begs to take somebird with her, I hope you don't mind if we take him. We'll visit you tomorrow to discuss how we will do this. That means we'll visit under the disguise of the Pegasus Sunny Skies and the Unicorn Starry Skies. Subtle, we know.

With love,
LUNA and Celestia

*Sniff* "Please dell dem dat I don't mind. And dat's great." Fluttershy requested.

"Done, do you stay for some tea or something to eat?"

"I'd love do, but I don't want do keep *sniff* Rainbow and Lightning waiting."

"Okay, give my regards. And don't don't try to pass on your cold."

"I hope ah... ah... I don't AAHH-"


"CHOOO! Wow a message," 'haven't had one of those in... I honestly don't remember.' Firebird was alone in the apartment, lying down on his chest holding a husky stuffed animal his size on a plank he nailed to his perch. "Let's see. Vacation, in a sunny island. If Philomena wills it. I'd better reply if I don't want my eardrums talked off with a tone in her voice I don't like."

Suddenly the two Draconeqi came back. "We're home~" Discord yodeled.

"I was just talking about my eardrums and tones I don't like. Welcome back by the way, where were you? Decorating a daycare? Tying a T-Shirt to typing machine? Painting a Princess pink? Ravaging a raven? Pulverizing pay toilets?"

"Just trying a cross stitching workshop." Kit said half heartily. "It's not all that great. So we left early."

"And my caribou picture somehow came to life and started attacking, but that is secondary." Discord casually said.

"Dude, we agreed not to bring it up."

Firebird sighed. "I wish I had the body parts necessary for cross stitching without involving my talons."

Discord snorted. "Never took you a cross stitching type."

"I've seen you knit, you have no right to call me out."

"I am the spirit of chaos, even if I don't have the right I would do it anyway."

"Whatever..." 'I'm going on that vacation now, no doubt. A break from them would do me some good.' The two tall ones left for different rooms. "Oh Baskerville," Firebird stood up and pressed his stuffed animal closer. "you're the only one keeping me sane in this house." Firebird stared at 'Basky'. "Of course, it's always a good time for The Nightmare Before Christmas." Firebird jumped down the perch, Basky under his wing. "What? Can you repeat that? Watch it in Spanish? Sure, why not?... Good point."


Few days later, at the nearest harbor, Sunny Skies, Starry Skies (Celestia and Luna respectively) and Philomena were waiting for Fluttershy, Rainbow, Lightning and Firebird. "When will they arrive?" Starry asked. She's a blue unicorn with a light blue mane with a water wave cutie mark, she's also slightly smaller compared to the average mare. Slightly. She wears sunglasses a tropical vest. "The boat shall set sail in seven minutes."

"Have patience, sister." The white pegasus with a pink mane and a oven cutie mark. Besides the lighter color scheme, cutie mark, body language, personality and voice. She's a dead ringer for Fluttershy. She wears the similar accessories as her sister, but instead of sunglasses, she has shorts. "They promised, she made sure we knew she promised us that she'll be here on time, several times. Speak of Haydes, here they are."

"Sorry I'm late, Ms. Skies. Both of you." Fluttershy said with the baby carriage with some baggage on said carriage and hanging around Fluttershy.

"Hi./Hey." The babies waved.

The princesses in disguise replied and waved back.

"Will your kids be alright at home with Cadence?" Fluttershy asked.

"Cadence will fine."


"OW MY MANE, MY MANE, PLEASE STOP HANGING FROM MY MANE! MY TAIL! THIS IS NOT HOW YOU CLIMB ON SOMEPONY'S BACK!"


"And she'll also do a fine job watching over the kingdom."


"Celestia should've left some notes."


"If you say so..." Fluttershy said. "Is everypony ready?"

"Screee." Philomena said.

"In that case I hope comes quickly." Fluttershy said understanding.

"Can't we just go without him, we hate him?" Lightning said. Philomena glared.

"Why's that?" Celestia asked.

"He's eviw! He wives with Discowd." Rainbow continued.

"That doesn't mean much. Kit does too." Celestia said.

"He made us huwt ouwsewves on a ship mast." He was never forgiven for that.

"According to him, it was pure self-defense." Philomena said. Only the foals really heard what she said.

"Whatever." Rainbow said.

"We all know the real reason." Lightning as usual followed up.

"Don't even go there..."


A few minutes ago, where no one can here you scream besides the person next to you: The space apartment.

"Hey, how late is it, Discord?" Firebird asked.

"I have no idea, it's hard to tell in space." He replied watching TV.

"A legitimate answer please?"

"We have a clock on the wall, you know."

Firebird looked a the clock and gasped. "I'll be gone for a whatever amount of time. Please leave Baskerville alone while I'm gone." He gave Baskerville a passionate hug while speaking that last sentence.

"Okay."

Firebird spontaneously combusted.

"Was that the cookies in the oven, or Firebird?" Kit asked showing his head behind his door.

"Firebird." Discord answered.

"Okay, hey look. He left behind a note." Kit hovered towards it picked it up and read it. "Now way!"

Discord appeared behind him. "What does it say?"

"It says that Celestia has invited him to go on vacation... OVER US!!"

"WHAT? They will pay! THEY WILL TASTE OUR REVENGE!!"


Firebird materialized next to Sunny Skies. "Sorry, the sun raises... in a different... Let's just say time zones as my excuse."

"If you say so. At least you're just in time, let's board the boat." Sunny said.

"Should I have a ticket? I do I get pony rights since I am barely animalistic in nature?" 'So are the others when I think about it.'

"Um..." Starry said.

"Well..." Sunny said.

Starry shrugged. "Let's just say no on ticket for now. And debate this later... We're on a small vacation."

"Why would you want Pony rights, Firebird?" Philomena asked. "Do you want to pay for trips over seas, for food, and such things?"

"No..."


The boat has been cruising for an hour. The group shared a room. Fluttershy got seasick, Sunny was touring the boat, Starry was in the bar, Firebird was sleeping to adjust to normal sleeping pattern in their shared room, and Philomena, Lightning and Rainbow pranked him out of either friendship or supposed payback. All and all, through its ups and downs a good trip so far.


Meanwhile, (give or take) 26 meters more to the back of the ship. "And, ROW! And, ROW! And, ROW! And, ROW! And, ROW!" Discord commanded.

"We're slowly losing them, we can't catch up!" Kit said.

"Welp, nothing we can do about that now." Discord shrugged. "Row us home!"

"We're going to get our petty revenge, Discord! I don't like rowing for nothing!"

"Not like we have chaotic powers or anything. What is your plan?" Kit whispered in Discord's ear. "That's brilliant!" Discord snapped his fingers and they vanished, leaving only the rowboat behind.


"Attention everypony. We will be arriving at Póneicentro in about half an hour. Please prepare to leave the boat, with your belongings. Make sure you leave nothing behind." The intercom said.

"Hear that Fluttershy?" Sunny said looking over the seasick mare. "We're almost there."

"I heard it. I'll-" *hurk* "try to lift my stuff."

"No mommy, don't!" Rainbow yelled.

"Wet us hewp you." Lightning said.

"It's really..." Fluttershy's nausea felt like it didn't wasn't annoying enough. "heavy, especially for ponies your age. Are you two can-" *hurk* "can do it?"

"Yeah!" Her fillies said.

"Can I help?" Firebird asked, trying to make it.

"No!"

"Thank you. Less stuff for me to do." He didn't try very hard.

Lightning sweared somepony observed them from the island somewhere on a tall building with a binocular. The sun shone in the binocular, reflecting the light. 'It's probably just a bird watcher.' She thought as she looked at the Phoenixes.


"We're now arriving at Please don't forget your things and have a nice stay."

A few minutes later, everypony was enjoying the sun of Póneicentro. The ponies here have some more darker colors or lighter hues, and were speaking in a language similar to Equish, but not.

The Island was beautiful, whether it was the sun casting on the already colorful buildings, the tropical nature in the background to the volcano further in the background.

"Let's head for our hotel first before we go explore the city." Starry proposed, everyone agreed. On their way there several ponies gave them some odd looks.

"Um... Sunny? Why're they looking at us?" Fluttershy asked.

"I have been known for being a Fleur-De-Lis lookalike. That and you have talking babies in a carriage, and I have a talking Phoenix on my back."

"Should I keep myself silent?" Firebird asked.

"Yes please!" The foals said.

"Now, now, no need to be rude." Fluttershy said. "Mr. Firebird is only trying to help."


Once everypony took their place in their hotel room, something unexpected happened. "Daar is ze, daar is de boef! Twee van haar?" A hotel employee said at the two authority figures, alternately pointing at Fluttershy and Sunny.

The police pony pulled out a picture. "Hmm... I'm afraid we need to do some investigating."

"What's going on?" Sunny asked.

"You and the yellow one bare resemblance to a criminal plaguing our island for a week of two." The police pony said. "You obviously just arrived, but the higher authorities insist we should investigate anyways. I'm also ordered to take you two to court."

"That certainly explains all the looks we got." Starry deduced.

"Please follow me to court, you've been summoned." The police pony said.

"That fast already?" A bunch in room said. "Thewe isn't any evidence." Rainbow said.

"Yeah, our court is screwed up."

'I need to bring that in the next royal discussion.' Either Sunny or Starry thought.


"Court is now in session." The female judge said with an obvious Cloudsdale accent. She clearly wasn't from around here. She was kinda yellow, a bright yellow. Wears an obvious judge wig and clothes. And had a hammer in her mouth. "We're here today to prove that one Fluttershy is guilty for committing general crimes on the Island. Ranging from Graffiti spraying, making foal words out of clouds, ruining my life, stealing stuff from stores, punching and kicking many ponies in the face and elsewhere, kicking a puppy... twice, and suspected murder."

The room was rather empty only our group and the judge were in the courtroom, no family members of said suspected murder and any other victims. Fluttershy already stood in the box next to the judge. "This is terrible way to hold a court." Sunny complained.

"Silence! This Island is new to this system, I introduced them to this method, after I convinced him the old way , and I'm doing this of off memory."

"But mommy is the Ewement of Kindness, doing things wike that wouwd go against fow what she stands!" Lightning said.

"Shut up kid." The judge bursted, interrupting Fluttershy agreeing with her. This gave Lightning some flashbacks, of what she wasn't sure. "You don't get to defend. We have randomly selected a lawyer for you. Unfortunately for you, he's an agent of Chaos, at least that's he told me, and he made believe it." The judge shuddered. "But luckily for you it's someone you know. Take that as as you will. Come in, Phoenix."

Firebird walked into the room in a snazzy suit.

'Mommy is doomed.' Rainbow and Lightning thought.

'Just him? I expected worse.' Starry thought relieved.

'He's trustworthy, Fluttershy is in safe wings.' Sunny thought.

'Never took him as a lawyer, I hope he is better than Dashie and Dusty make him out to be.' Fluttershy thought.

'He looks good in a suit.' Philomena thought.

(Why me?) Firebird monologues. (Is it because I'm Phoenix, (W)right? That joke is so transparent it hurts. I hope you found that real funny, writer. If this is the only reason why in this chapter I'll find a way to sue you. And using that joke to hide that you barely know how this works, or the fact they would never pick me for a lawyer doesn't count.) "It's Ferdinand Falcon, sir."

"I don't care about that, understand!?!" The judge 'calmly' retorted.

"Yes Sir, Mister Sir." Firebird chickened in place.

"Your honor."

"Your honour, thanks for reminding me."

"Don't care, go defend her."

"Gladly. What is she guilty of?"

"Tons."

"I call objection, sir." (I avoided the obvious joke. Take that, writer.) "As a judge you should know she should be as clear as possible."

"She's done some terrible thing."

Firebird was resting his 'chin' on his 'palm', impossibly leaning his 'elbow' on his table. "Uh-huh. Tell me. Where did you get your diploma?"

"Why you! Don't question my authority!"

About half of the room had a snarky comment they let out.

"Tsk, well seeing that your lawyer can't defend you, Fluttershy. You'll be executed!" The judge said.

"I have had enough of this." Firebird spoke up. "You know, I'm 'friends' with Discord. You know Spirit of Chaos. I can call him and make your life really inconvenient for the rest of it."

"Then I'll execute you too, birdy."

"That's just unethical. Not to mention stupid. Say Sunny, are Phoenixes being immortal common knowledge?" Sunny nodded. "See? Stupid!"

"Just defend her and get this over with..." Now she was bored on his table, leaning on her hoof.

"She's innocent, I was on the same cruise with her. Calling witnesses Sunny Skies, Starry Skies. She has children, she loves them very much," The judge cringed. "if she committed a crime she would put them in danger. Which would make her just as stupid. Honestly, did you even get diploma?" And then the judge suddenly assaulted Firebird.

Sunny had seen enough. "I've seen enough." She transformed back into Celestia. This shocked the judge, Celestia's magic levitated the judge in the air.

"What? Princess Celestia? It's an April Fools joke, I swear!" The judge said panicky. She struggled, she shouldn't have done that. Her wig dropped.

The room was taken back by her appearance. She had a long mane, it reached the floor if she wear standing. Her mane colour had the same color as Pinkie's mane. She looked like another. "Fluttershy?!?"

"Me?" Fluttershy said

"That's my name..." The evil judge said.

"This explains much, we'll turn you in first and then ask questions later."

"You can't, the mayor can't speak Equish. You need to speak his language."

"Of ik kan het vertalen voor ze..." Vuurvogel zei uitgestreken.

"Or I could translate it for them..." Firebird said smugly.

"Niet nodig, Mr. Valk. Ik spreek deze taal ook." Celestia volgde op.

"You don't need to, Mr. Falcon. I also speak this language." Celestia followed up.

"...Dammit." The Doppelgänger said. "And I had a great set-up for my revenge."


The next day...

"Um... Pwincess?" Rainbow and Lightning approached Sunny.

"Yeah?"

"What was the deal with mommy's impostor?" Lightning asked.

"Thanks to her we're on this vacation, while normally this is a kind gesture. But she had malicious intends. Luckily she didn't think her plan through very well."

"After having a pony viciously mauled by a bear out of anger, Fluttershy felt really guilty. She bottled up those feelings, so she wouldn't have to deal with it. But those specific guilty feeling over that pony gained it's own body. She became a mare called 'Fluttershy.' So he could take revenge and ruin our Fluttershy's life. So Fluttershy finally paid for her crime."

"We're working on merging them back together, but we're theorising the bad Fluttershy will just disappear once Fluttershy has been punished for it."

"So mommy's in jail?" Rainbow asked.

"No, not yet, we're figuring out what she'll get. She tried to murder somepony via a bear, that's not very ethical. But that doesn't mean I can't get behind it. So she will only get a week, Starry and I will make sure of it. Can't leave you to without her for very long. Don't worry she'll be punished once we get back, so she can still enjoy the vacation. And it will be cleared off her criminal record. The bad Fluttershy, however, is imprisoned." Sunny expositioned.

"Oh, awwight..."

The rest of the vacation was great. Something they would not soon forget.


A week later... Behind Discord's front door...

"Well that was surprisingly great, stupid plot aside." Firebird said honestly to himself, would've smiled if he had lips. "I had a great time with Philomena, especially laying in bed with broken bones after she accidentally slapped me off the Ferris wheel. And I'll be jinxed in three, two, one." Firebird opened the door, a bucket on water fell on him.

"Revenge!!!" Discord and Kit said in unison. Somewhere out there, Celestia was also wet.

Author's Note:

Working title: Tropical Sunshine Isle
Not meant as an April Fool thingy

My opinion: Not one of my best, less effort than usual I admit. And rushed, while being admittingly lazy. I just wanted to get this over with.

Cut scenes from when I took this chapter 'seriously':
Firebird and Philomena are fishing.
Oooh, a swordfish.
Let's can call him enguarde
Win a prize for each other
Sitting on a Ferris wheel

A major cutscene was that instead of the Fluttershy conscience thingy, Lightning's father was supposed be that Fluttershy, even setting up that he could become a reoccuring enemy. Shot down because SS found it a stupid plot twist... Lightning's father is canonically dead. Personally I find this one just as dumb.

Volcano does't erupt

Use lol and burger in the speech of the citizens.

Someone: I didn't know you were a lawyer.
FB: I'm not, I needed some money for Philomena and I, we're planning on touring the city. Her idea, not mine. And I was planning on buying her a gift.

PreviousChapters Next