• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 9,539 Views, 83 Comments

The Love of a Mother - Ekhidna



Celestia thinks about the little purple gift she had so greedily awaited for so, so long.

  • ...
6
 83
 9,539

Why I love Her

“Why I Love her”



Many ponies ask me many things, things like:

Can you breathe fire?”

“How sharp are your fangs and claws little one?”

“How big will you be?”

“Why do you live with Twilight Sparkle?”

And many more questions like that and I always answer them the best I can, but over the years there was one pony who asked me something I couldn’t really answer, I was a simply child that time, a time before I even began to act as Twilight’s assistant.

“Why do you stay with Princess Celestia so much?”

“Because I love her!” was my simple answer.

“Why?”

I couldn’t answer to that; even then I knew I couldn’t simply say that it was because she is my mom, so I just turned around and ran to her, thinking about how much I loved her and why, when I arrived at her side she was talking with some ponies I don’t remember, but I ran to her.

For a moment she stopped and looked at me just soon enough to see me jumping to her forelegs, she caught me in the air with her wings and hugged me tightly against her neck, I felt her warm embrace as I cried against her, I remember it was the first time we showed our true relationship to anypony.

“Shhh, it’s alright my son” she whispered to me “I’m here for you my baby, mommy is here for you”

I couldn’t say anything, I only hugged her as hard as I could crying on her neck, barely mumbling how sorry I was I couldn’t answer why I loved her so much.

But now, I can answer to that freely.

I remember, somehow I can remember some fragments when I was inside my egg, I remember it as if was yesterday. I felt so cold, alone and sad, for some time it always felt like that in the darkness of my egg but slowly there was something……..warm, warm and soothing coming inside.

I don’t know how much time it passed but I felt many things many times, most of the time I felt that same warmness around me, each time stronger and stronger, but I also felt sadness that made me sad, happiness that made me happy, anger that made angry to nothing really, that and many more things until I felt something inside me, a desire.

I wanted to be out!

I wanted to be near the source of that warmness, that sadness, that happiness, that soothing something, that everything! But I couldn’t come out, I simply couldn’t come out and that was making me so sad, I wanted to be out of my egg and to finally be next to that thing that made me feel so many wonderful things but I couldn’t even move.

Then one day something hit me like, that same something that had hit me before trying to take me away from my egg but this time, this time it was strong and then for the first time in my life I saw light!.

I can’t remember much of what happened after I first saw the light but I know I felt……lonely, the thing I wanted to be near with wasn’t there, I wanted to be near it but now that I was finally out of my egg I couldn’t even find it, then something picked me up and I fell asleep, feeling safe on that strange embrace.

When I woke up I saw many colors in front of me and I also felt than thing I wanted to be next to, I could feel it, it was the same soothing presence I knew so well, now that I was out of my egg I could finally move, I remember touching something soft and warm with my feet, feeling the same thing with my tail and grabbing something nice and silky with my claws, looking up I saw a tall white something that suddenly looked down to me.

It was the first time I saw the face of the thing I wanted to be near of, I didn’t know what to think of, what was it? Who was it? Was it dangerous?, Was it friendly? Why was it smiling to----.

That smile, that’s what I wanted to see, that's what I wanted to know, that’s how I knew that the thing that was holding me was not only safe but it was the thing I was wishing for to be next to, I tried to show it was I was feeling, all the time feeling that soothing warmness against me, making me feel happy and safe.

I remember it was saying something I couldn’t understand at that time but I remember that it was feeling sad, so I called out at the thing.

“Gah!”

The thing looked down to me and water filled its eyes and I could feel sadness and something else I didn’t know, then the warmness increased and that made me feel happy and safe again, again it said something I couldn’t understand but the thing continued to talk and hold me I felt that thing was a she and that that she was something important to me, I just felt like there was something missing.

I felt tired and ready to sleep so I held onto her, demanding an embrace to sleep peacefully, again she said something I couldn’t understand but I felt……..love, yeah, that was it, the warmness and soothing thing was love, but there was something still missing, a name for her, a name for the giver of such nice feeling, only one name came to mind.

“Mommy”

I chuckled, Why I love Celestia? Why I love my mother?, simple.

I love her because she loves me unconditionally, I love her because she protects me and because she is not afraid to put herself in danger to do so, I love her because she puts her trust into me and believes in me, I love her because she is proud of me and because she is proud to call me her son, me, a stranger that arrived at her side by the cruelty of destiny and gave us both a chance to be so happy together.

So it is now, after so many years, where now I even stand at her same height, looking over Canterlot watching a sunset much like out first sunset together that I lean close to her and embrace her, kissing her left cheek lovingly.

“What was that for, Spikey?”

That nickname, the one she only uses when we are alone, I love it “I love you, Mom”

My mother was stunned for a moment before embracing me tightly, just like when I was younger, this time however I can return the embrace with the same intensity.

So I did, as we fell into the ground of her balcony falling asleep slowly in the process.

“I love you too, my son”


-----------------------------------******************************

Princess Twilight Sparkle was walking to the chambers of her once mentor for some “tips” on how to deal with ‘idiotic-greedy nobles’.

Opening the doors to her chamber she saw a scene that made her smile warmly, a scene much like the one she had stumbled upon on her early years as her personal student, one that at the time she didn’t understand.

The scene of a mother and a son embracing each other in the arriving night.

The end.

Momlestia Feels

Author's Note:

I thought this deserved a little continue, so here you go, enjoy!

Special thanks to all of you for reading this little piece of feels!


.

Image below for Momlestia Feels.




Momlestia Feels

Comments ( 33 )

Touching. Liked it.

Well done.

~Skeeter The Lurker

*sniff* :raritycry: Very well done, very well done indeed.

Awww this one is touching as well.:pinkiesad2:

2885347
Word of Faust says that while Twilight may have hatched the egg, Celestia was the one who raised him

*Cries a cartoon river of tears*:raritydespair: Why is this so beautiful? WHY?!!

excellent work. momlestia is best lestia :trollestia::moustache:

So gorgeous, Ekhidna! I have such a happy feeling inside me now. Good feel-y kind of feels. Very touching and sweet. I loved both pieces.

Reading this, of course, I realized I forgot something. *follows* Because you deserve much more of these. :pinkiesmile:

2892426 Coming from you my friend, it is a great pleasure to be on your ¨watching* list =D

2892442 Oh don't be like that, silly. I'm just another user on this site who enjoys your work and is a good friend of yours. It's the very least I could do.

You made my morning really wonderful. Thank you.:twilightsmile:

so beautiful :fluttercry:

A very pleasant story. There isn't enough of this type of fic. Too much Mollestia and Trollestia.

Not enough Momlestia or my personal favorite...

derpicdn.net/media/W1siZiIsIjIwMTIvMDYvMTgvMTdfNTZfMzJfODJfNzc3M19fY2VsZXN0aWFfYXJ0aXN0X3BhbGVzdG9ybSJdXQ/7773__safe_princess-celestia_skateboard_artist-palestorm_artist-snowseed.jpg
...Kickasstia. The version of Celestia that rides dirt bikes and punches bears.

There is peace in the universe now... Thank you.

So short. So beautiful.:raritycry::trollestia::moustache:

3105122
I'd love to see an actual story about spike, say secretly being a prince, and Celestia's son :trollestia::moustache::facehoof:

That's it I'm not going to hold it in any more, I'm going to bucking cry:fluttercry: Gods damn, you have a way at tugging at emotions my friend, wow, I really wish that I finished that Mother's Day fic of these two before my computer shut off, damn it! Maybe I'll make a new one soon enough, until then I'll ALWAYS have Celestia as Spike's mother, no matter what, thank you bro:twilightsmile:

I was so annoyed tonight. Because I love Spike to death, and I was searching by his Tag and all I found was mountains of poorly written Clop. Then I remembered, for the story I was writing I wanted to do a Mom/Son dynamic for Celestia and Spike, I should try searching through their tags.

After three pages of crap, I found this. As soon as I saw the title and picture, I knew I had struck gold. And what gold it was. This story was adorable. For some reason this fandom does not like Celestia, but you did her more justice then anyone else I ever saw. The maternal love is amazing, and the second chapter from Spike's P.O.V. is a nice treat.

This is exactly how I pictured their relationship, and it really lifts my spirits to read. In 3K words, you managed to melt my heart.

Excellent Work!
-Lumino

3264153 Awwwww, thanks!.

Yeah, I know what you mean, its kinda sad many dont like this very possible relationship between Spike and Celestia, for your time, patience and comment, I thank you and I await to see your fic when it's done!

3264572 Hah, it'll be a while before it gets to the scene this story will serve as inspiration for, but you better believe you'll get an AN Mention for making this.

BTW: I went through nearly twenty pages of General Fics with Spike and Celestia, not another one like this. The story is, literally, one of a kind.

3264585 Then I welcome you to view Spike's Destiny, its not as, well, cute, as in this one but I am a die hard fan of Momlestia/Spike, and I have a crap load of scenes and moments like that there!

Roxor #23 · Dec 18th, 2013 · · 10 ·

This was so good, right up until I hit the words "Princess Twilight". At that point, it all came crashing down for me.

Sorry for the long wait. But the feels it hurts.

This was a very, heartwarming story. I particularly enjoyed how each chapter gave a different perspective. Celestia's was very maternal and nurturing while Spike's was longing with a lot of love in which only comes from being a child to a caring parent.

I'm glad I was referred to this story. Your view on "Spike's Origins" is so endearing. The back story of Celestia buying him for a gem really tugs at the heart strings.

It would really be nice if, in the show, we could see how Spike was raised prior to being Twilight's Assistant. Though, in the interim, I think I'll enjoy your view for it is one of the best I've ever heard.

I like this piece, it evokes feels in my heart. It could use quite a bit of technical cleanup, however (mostly with the run-on sentences).

"Hey, Mom I got somepony you know I want to well ummm a umm , I Ah .Hummmmm":raritywink: "We need to get hitched":derpytongue2:

"I like her mane" Tia said:twilightoops:

I love this so much! I thought you did a great job with Celestia's vioce and character. Wonderful little story :twilightsmile:

Words can't describe how I feel but great story
Great story indeed

GAHHHH my heart.

5872636 Glad you enjoyed it.:twilightblush:

:twilightsmile: such a sweet story, simply perfect, I especially enjoyed the second chapter :heart:

Momlestia for the win :twilightsmile:

THE PICTURE IS GONE!!

Login or register to comment