• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 1,564 Views, 315 Comments

The Return of Mare Do Well - L_Wolf



In the streets of Manehattan a silent heroes roams protecting the unsuspecting ponies.

  • ...
1
 315
 1,564

PreviousChapters Next
The Silver Family

Chapter 42

After Starbloom left the estate, Silver Blade limped her way back to her room. She was still in a lot of pain from the blade going through her fore hooves and running down the hall stairs didn't help. She flopped over onto her side once she got up stairs into room laying in her bed staring at the wall quietly.

"You got lucky this time Starbloom.... if the pain hadn't thrown my aim off I would of got my revenge," Blade said softly looking at the wall then at her hooves quietly.

It had been Nightshade that hurt her like this, and she hated her for it, but Starbloom was the cause of everything wrong in her life. At least that was what she grew up believing. She closed her eyes and sighed softly trying to relax through the throbbing in her hooves.

"I'm telling you mom, that stupid foal ruined everything in my life!" Silver Spoon yelled kicking a table with a forehoof. "Because of her Diamond Tiara doesn't want anything to do with me, she'd rather hang out with those looser blank flanks!" It had been a year since Diamond Tiara left her to hang out with Noi, and the crusaders.

"Look, Silver Spoon I know your upset but I think part of the reason Diamond Tiara doesn't want to hang out with you is because of how you act." Silver Smith said, she had a white coat, with a dark gray mane and tail and green eyes, her cutie mark was of a anvil and hammer. "Ever since you two stopped being friends you've been getting into a lot more trouble."

Sitting quietly in a chair watching her sister and mom argue was a young Silver Blade, she looked up to her sister and hearing the argument made her angry. Not at her mom though, or her sister. But at the cause of the argument, Starbloom, though she didn't know who she was it the pony made her sister mad.

"I haven't changed, that freak hornless unicorn Starbloom made Diamond Tiara change." Silver Spoon said grumbling as she sat down on the floor. "If it wasn't for her none of this would of happen and we wouldn't be moving to Fillydelphia."

Her mother sighed shaking her head. "We're not going over this again, we have to move because I have a better job offer there.... plus maybe you can make new friends there. You keep driving them away here." Silver Smith said shaking her head again at the scowl Silver Spoon had on her face.

Silver Blade sighed softly nuzzling her pillow looking at a picture of herself, her mom and her sister in Fillydelphia. Even after moving Silver Spoon had a hard time making friends. "Oh sis.... ponies just didn't understand what you went through." Silver Blade said feeling tears in her eyes.

The Silver family had been in Fillydelphia for eight years after moving from Ponyville, and despite her mom's success in the new job things hadn't gone very well. A little over five years after moving to the town, Silver Spoon and Silver Blade's mother was killed by a mugger.

Silver Spoon was still brooding over what in her mind was Diamond Tiara's betrayal because of Starbloom. "I'll get my revenge on them ponies... all of them." Silver Spoon told her sister, they had been in the house's gym and Silver Spoon was galloping on a tread mill. "You know that right sis?"

Silver Blade nodded and smiled. "I know sis, you'll show those mean ponies not to take your friends away." Silver Blade had gotten her cutie mark in making bladed weapons and basic cutlery. "What are you going to do to them?"

Silver Spoon galloped a bit faster narrowing her eyes. "I'm going to make them feel all the pain I have." She said grinning to herself as she kept up her fast gallop on the tread mill. She had been training herself physically ever since their mother was killed, increasing her speed and her strength.

"How are you going to do that?" Silver Blade asked watching her sister smiling. "Are you going to hurt them? I can make you a muzzle blade so you can." She said with a bright smile, excited at the idea of making something special for her sister.

Silver Spoon smiled at her sister slowing down before coming to a stop. She reached over and ruffled her sister's mane. "That sounds wonderful, you make me a nice muzzle blade and I'll use it to teach bad ponies a lesson." She said, knowing she had to learn how to use a muzzle blade. But that didn't really bother her.

Silver Blade wiped tears from her eyes and sighed softly. She always felt sad when thinking about her sister. Even though Silver Spoon tried to hide it, she knew her sister had been going out at night to fight muggers and people she thought was criminals.

"You didn't have to hide that sis...." She said softly. Despite trying to hide it, she could see the bruises on her sister when she woke her up in the morning. She wanted to go and help her sister, but she knew her sister would get mad if she did.

After making the blade for her sister, Silver Spoon and Silver Blade though it would be a good idea for her to have a secret identity and developed the persona of Silver Ghost. After coming up with Silver Ghost, the rate of assaults and murders in the city went up, though the name Silver Ghost itself never appeared in the papers, and most of the attacks was passed off to gang violence.

Everything had gone pretty well for the two, Silver Spoon steadily got better with the blade considering she trained herself and mostly attacked unarmed criminals and muggers. Silver Blade herself started to train as well, starting with strength and speed training. She found the design for Unicorn Assassin Blade's in a book and started to work on her own as well as train herself in how to use them.

One day though her sister came home, dropped a paper on the table and yelled. "That... that... bucking foal!" the yell scared Silver Blade who came into the living room.

"What is it sis?" Silver Blade asked before looking at the paper, she floated it over and read over the head lines. "Who... who is this Mare Do Well character?" She asked looking up at Silver Spoon.

"A lame wannabe hero that showed up in Ponyville for a while before disappearing." Silver Spoon said huffing a bit then pointed that paper. "That one though, is Starbloom... that loser can play dress up all she wants but I know it's her. Pack your stuff, we're moving to Manehattan... it's time for revenge."

Silver Blade sighed softly nuzzling her pillow again closing her eyes. "Sis... I will get revenge for both of us... on everypony...." Silver Blade said closing her eyes and slowly drifting off to sleep.

PreviousChapters Next