• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 1,562 Views, 315 Comments

The Return of Mare Do Well - L_Wolf



In the streets of Manehattan a silent heroes roams protecting the unsuspecting ponies.

  • ...
1
 315
 1,562

PreviousChapters Next
Venture in Ponyville

Chapter 39

After Sweetie and Twist went to bed Starbloom sat down stairs drinking a cup of tea quietly. Last night was pretty quiet, other then her run in with Nightmare. She smirked lightly taking another drink of her tea before making her way to the third story looking around.

"Looks like Sweetie redecorated a little... that silly filly," She smiled softly opening the box with her suit in it, taking it out looking it over quietly. She took a deep breath before putting it on. She opened the window and climbed outside closing the window looking around.

She moved around the roof quietly for a few minutes making sure everything was fine before starting her patrol route she started last night. She like the night before everything was pretty quiet, she didn't see any signs of Silver Blade or Nightmare.

Even with the lower rate of crime in Ponyville she still had a few things to deal with. Mostly younger ponies causing issues. Just appearing and telling them to leave was more then enough to spook them. She went from roof to roof quietly checking for trouble.

Outside of a few run ins with younger ponies everything seemed to be going pretty quiet. She was about to make her way back home when something caught her eye. She watched as something moved quickly through the streets, but she couldn't figure out just what it was.

She started to track the quick moving object from the roof tops, moving swiftly and silently along the roof. The figure coming to a stop and could see it had the size and shape of a pony. "Hmm... interesting." She said softly to herself. The pony wasn't one she recognized, and it was wearing a black trailing coat and hat.

The pony turned and locked eyes with her, she froze and stared back at the it. The held eye contact for a few moments, before it took of with unbelievable speed. She leapt from the roof and gave chase moving as quickly as she could.

After a short chase the figure came to a stop near the edge of town and turned to face her as she caught up. They stared at each other for a few minutes more. She got a better look at him, she could tell he was male, dark coat... she gasped softly when she realized what she was looking at.

A changeling, she wondered what it was doing here though. The changeling noticed her change in stance and smiled faintly before speaking. "Don't worry, I aint here under Chrysalis command." He said stepping closer, he had a southern accent when he spoke. He stopping a few feet away. "My name is Venture, just keep out of my way and I wont cause any trouble for you."

She kept her gaze fixed on him quietly standing in a defensive stance. "What, are you doing here? If your feeding of love from the citizen I will stop you." She said quietly looking him over.

He gave a soft chuckle shaking his head as he looked at her. "I'm not feeding off the love... I'm a defective changeling, I feed off corruption from bad ponies." He said moving around her and looking at Ponyville. "Granted, there isn't a lot of that here."

She moved to keep a safe distance from him watching quietly as he moved. "Then why are you here? A bigger city would offer you more food." She said narrowing her eyes.

"I'm surprised at you Starbloom, I thought ya would of figured it out by now." He said looking over at her, seeing the shocked coming through even her mask.

"Don't look so surprised, we've meet." He said before using his shape shifting ability to turn into Officer Wildrun. "Back in the academy... I just want to help with Silver Blade." His said his voice and accent changing when he did.

Her eyes widen even more and she reached up pulling the mask back. "Wildrun.... why did you tell me?" She asked tilting her head faintly before sighing, she understood.

"You know why I didn't say anything." He said watching her for a moment.

"It's not just Silver Blade, Nightshade is here as well.... she must of followed me from Manehattan." Starbloom said sighing softly.

"Well, we'll just have to deal with her as well." He said looking over at her before back at the town. "The sun is coming up, I believe that's your cue to head home."

Starbloom nodded pulling the mask back down. "Your right." She said still not sure how she felt about a changeling running around town. But if he was the same Wildrun she went to the academy, she felt she could trust him.

She started to make her way home moving across the roof tops quickly before reaching the house. She opened the window and went inside closing it. She started to remove her suit and storing it away.

She went down stairs to check on Sweetie then on Twist. It was hard to understand, "Officer Wildrun.... a changeling." She said to herself softly sighing. If he was telling the truth, she had nothing to worry about. He didn't act like the changelings she rain into at Canterlot during Princess Cadence's wedding.

She shook her head abit going to the kitchen and took her pain pill, her shoulder starting to bother her again. She sat at the counter for a few minutes sipping a cup of tea. She heard some noise upstairs then noticed it was almost seven in the morning.

"Morning Twist," Starbloom said watching Twist as she came into the kitchen.

"Morning Starbloom, can't sleep?" She asked noticing how tired Starbloom looked. She got herself some juice and a muffin.

"Yea, I got a lot on my mind," Starbloom said smiling softly. "Don't worry though, have a good day at work."

"Okay Starbloom, have a good sleep when you go to bed." Twist said finishing her juice before heading to work, eating the muffin on her way out of the kitchen.

She smiled softly before yawning and started upstairs to get some sleep. She would just have to figure this out when she woke up and could think clearly.

PreviousChapters Next