• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 1,564 Views, 315 Comments

The Return of Mare Do Well - L_Wolf



In the streets of Manehattan a silent heroes roams protecting the unsuspecting ponies.

  • ...
1
 315
 1,564

PreviousChapters Next
Tired reflections

Chapter 43

Starbloom found it hard to sleep, the cut across her back stung pretty bad making it hard for her to get comfortable. She did manage to get a few hours of sleep, but she did still feel pretty tired when she woke up. She slid off the bed to her hooves and made her way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

She didn't see Sweetie in the living room or kitchen, so she figured she was out or in her studio. She made herself some tea and got herself some bread, adding some peanut butter and honey before nibbling on it. She took a seat at the counter and considered the events of last night.

She wasn't that surprised to learn Silver Blade was staying at Silver Estate, she wasn't even that surprised that Nightshade was staying there as well. What did surprise her was even though Nightshade had hurt Silver Blade, that Silver Blade was still loyal to her.

She shook her head and sighed softly sipping her tea. "I wonder if it's possible to get that girl to realize what's happening..." She asked herself quietly before she let out a deep sigh. Even if she did realize she wondered if Silver Blade cared.

Her ears perked hearing the front door and got to her hooves using her magic to float her tea with her as she left the kitchen. "Hey Sweetie, welcome home." Starbloom said and smiled watching Sweetie as she came into the house.

"Hello Starbloom," Sweetie said and smiled as she moved past Starbloom to the kitchen carrying a couple of bags. "I picked up some groceries we were running low on a few things."

Starbloom nodded as she moved so Sweetie could get into the kitchen. "Yea, I noticed that." She said sipping her tea following her into the kitchen and going to take a seat at the counter again.

Sweetie placed the bags on the counter and started to put everything away. "Looks like you had a rough night, and I'm not talking about the cut on your back...." She said noticing how tired Starbloom looked.

Starbloom gave Sweetie a smile nodding at her. "Yea I didn't get a lot of sleep. This cut stings pretty good." She said shifting lightly, watching Sweetie who looked doubtful that the cut was the only cause of her restless night.

"Is that the only reason?" She asked as she finished putting the groceries away. "You've slept through worse then a cut."

Starbloom frowned slightly looking at Sweetie then sighed. "I ran into Nightshade and Silver Blade last night.... they are living the old Silver Estate." She said sipping her tea before continuing. "Nightshade is hurting Silver Blade, but she's staying loyal to her. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around why."

Sweetie frowned as she listen to Starbloom, shaking her head abit. "It's hard to imagine... maybe Silver Blade just doesn't care what happen to herself, so long as she gets her revenge." Sweetie said as she joined Starbloom at the counter.

Starbloom rested her head on the counter top and sighed rubbing her face with a hoof. "Maybe..." was all she could think to say as she though about it more. That level of dedication to a cause was something she herself understood.

"Try not to think on it to hard, you'll make yourself crazy." Sweetie said leaning over and nuzzling Starbloom's cheek. "Your to much like your mother in that regard.... over thinking things."

Starbloom nuzzled back and smiled sighing softly. "Your right, really isn't to much I can do about it right now." Starbloom said trying to push the thoughts to the back of her mind. She sat up and took another drink from her tea cup.

Sweetie nodded at Starbloom smiling as fixed herself some of the tea Starbloom made and sipped it, "Ehh... I never understood how you and your mother can drink this spicy stuff." She said eying the tea before passing it to Starbloom and getting herself some juice.

Starbloom giggled softly pouring the tea into her own near empty cup. "You should of started drinking it when you was little, it's an acquired taste." She said sipping her tea again. "Mmmm, so Sweetie how are things with you going?"

Sweetie blinked at Starbloom, but smiled. "Everything is going very good, I sent my new album to my producer in Manehattan so it should be released soon. Things for the wedding are going very well to, Twilight said we can use the library for the ceremony and Pinkie is going to cater everything."

Starbloom smiled as she listen to Sweetie sipping her tea quietly. "Glad to hear it, sounds like everything is working out good then." She said though she hoped she could take care of Silver Blade and Nightmare before the wedding.

"Oh, I got a letter from Dr. Westluck, he said he's retiring and moving to Ponyville. He should be here in a few days. Will be nice to see him again." Sweetie said as she sipped her juice.

"Really? Yea it will be nice to see him again." Starbloom smiled as well. She was curious as to why Dr. Westluck was coming to Ponyville, not that she wasn't happy though she did miss him.

Sweetie smiled and nodded at Starbloom. "Hopefully we wont fully retire and can still help us out with medical needs." She said and blushed softly, "Like foaling, as a medical unicorn he should be able to do the spell."

Starbloom almost choked on her tea and coughed a bit before speaking. "Y.. yea I'm sure he would know how." She said and blushed herself looking at Sweetie, "We can ask him when we gets here."

They spent the rest of the day going over additional plans for the wedding until Twist got back home from work. Sweetie was just finishing up dinner of, a spinach mushroom quiche, which was ready shortly after Twist got home. While Sweetie was finishing dinner Starbloom set the table.

Twist had brought home a cake from work, which they enjoyed after dinner. The three spent the evening talking before heading to bed to get some rest. Starbloom decided tonight she was going to stay in and try to get some rest since she had gotten very little the night before.

PreviousChapters Next