• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 1,562 Views, 315 Comments

The Return of Mare Do Well - L_Wolf



In the streets of Manehattan a silent heroes roams protecting the unsuspecting ponies.

  • ...
1
 315
 1,562

PreviousChapters Next
Late Night Conversations

Chapter 44

Despite going to bed early and taking a pain pill for her shoulder and back Starbloom still found it hard to get any sleep. She shifted and tossed a bit in the bed, before sitting up rubbing her eyes with her hooves sighting softly. She knew it was going to be another long night.

She slipped out of bed and went to the window looking out over the town. Ponyville was growing and expanding, but it still had that small town feel to it. She made her way down stairs to the living room using the glow of her headband's crystals to help light the way.

After getting down stairs she went to the kitchen and got out of a bottle of apple wine and poured herself a glass. Once she had her drink she went to the back door and outside sipping the drink. It was a nice night, the sky as clear and it the temperature was pleasant.

"Wont be to many nights like this," Sweetie said coming out behind her. Starbloom glanced back at her and smiled. "Having trouble sleeping again?"

Starbloom nodded slowly looking back up at the clear sky. "Yea, always had trouble sleeping at night, you know that." She said smiling before moving to a porch swing and settling onto it.

Sweetie rolled her eyes lightly before going to join her on the swing. "You know what I mean." Sweetie said glancing over at Starbloom. "You only have trouble sleeping like this if you working through a problem."

Starbloom sipped her drink quietly before offering it to Sweetie who took the cup and took a sip herself. "Your right, of course. This whole issue with Nightshade and Silver Blade is bothering me." Starbloom said looking at the cloudless sky.

Sweetie finished off the cup of wine and set it down on the small deck table before looking over at Starbloom. "You could always file a report at the police station, and join them in the raid of Silver Estate. Be a good chance to capture both Silver Blade and Nightshade." Sweetie suggested.

Starbloom watched Sweetie finish the cup before looking at the sky again, "I... suppose, but I'd be worried about the officers raiding the estate. Nightshade and Silver Blade are very dangerous." Starbloom said and shivered at a cool breeze.

Sweetie shivered at the breeze as well. "Fall is definitely getting closer," Sweetie said before looking over at Starbloom. "I know they are dangerous.... it's why I worry about you when you go out at night. But having the back up from the Ponyville police department will help keep you safe."

Starbloom took a deep breath and sighed nodding slowly. "I'll keep that in mind." Starbloom said slipping off the swing, "I just don't want any of the other officers to get hurt."

Sweetie got off the swing as well picking up the empty glass. "I don't want you getting hurt either Starbloom." Sweetie said before going inside and putting the glass in the sink.

Starbloom followed her in closing the door behind her. "I understand Sweetie, you know I keep myself as safe as I can." Starbloom said watching Sweetie who turned to face her.

"You better, I don't want to be a widow before we're even married." Sweetie said a little jokingly but Starbloom could tell by the look in her eyes and on her face she was serious as well.

Starbloom nodded at her and gave her a faint smile before starting towards the stairs to go back up to the bedroom. Sweetie followed after her to the bedroom. Just as they was about to get into bed they heard a knock at the door. "I'll get it," Starbloom said turning and heading down the stairs to the front door.

Sweetie followed her back down the stairs, curious who would be visiting at this late of night. Starbloom opened the door and saw Applejack standing in the door way. "Applejack? What is it?" Starbloom asked tilting her head faintly.

"It's Applebloom, she's gone into labor. She asked me to come get ya'll." Applejack said looking both excited and little panicked. "I'll meet ya two over at Ponyville General."

Sweetie looked surprised, and Starbloom did her best to keep composed as she nodded. "Alright Applejack, thank you for letting use know." Starbloom said and Applejack smiled before trotting quickly away from the house and towards the hospital.

"Should we wake up Twist and let her know?" Sweetie asked Starbloom who closed the door and turned to face Sweetie. "She has work but I think she'd want to know."

Starbloom thought for a moment then nods. "Yea, you go let Twist know." Starbloom said smiling. Sweetie went up stairs to tell Twist and Starbloom waited.

A few minutes later Sweetie came down stairs followed by Twist who looked half asleep but also excited. "Twist said she'll come with us. I'm sure Pinkie will understand if she's late or misses tomorrow." Sweetie said and Starbloom nodded.

The three made there way to Ponyville General Care, and went inside. They looked around and saw Applejack, Big Mac, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rarity and Twilight all waiting in the waiting room so they went over to join them. Twist went to talk to Pinkie Pie and Sweetie went over to Rarity.

Starbloom went over to Twilight and sat next to her, Spike was with Twilight but asleep in the chair next to her. "Hey mama, how is everything?" Starbloom asked smiling at her.

"Hello Starbloom, it's still early but from what the nurse said everything is looking very good." Twilight said smiling at Starbloom. "Provided nothing changes it should be a smooth delivery."

Starbloom nodded and looked at the door leading into the hospital before looking back over at Twilight. "How is Apple Bloom and Featherweight?" She asked tilting her head.

Twilight smiled looking at Starbloom rubbing her head. "Apple Bloom is good, she's ready to have it. Featherweight, well he's scared but excited," Twilight answered her shifting her wings a bit.

Starbloom smiled at Twilight before looking at the ponies gathered in the waiting room. Applejack and Big Mac looked pretty nervous, Starbloom got to her feet. "I'm gonna go talk to Applejack and Big Mac," She said smiling at Twilight.

"Alright Starbloom," Twilight said smiling back before floating up a book and opened it. "I'll be here."

Starbloom smiled before going over to Applejack and Big Mac. "Hello Applejack, Big Mac." She said smiling at them, they looked up at Starbloom and smiled back at her. "Don't worry Apple Bloom is a strong girl she'll be fine."

"I know she is sugarcube, but I raised that filly like she was my own. I can't help but worry bout her." Applejack said smiling at Starbloom, "I just wish Granny Smith was here as well. I know she'd be proud."

Big Mac put a hoof on Applejack's shoulder and nodded. "Eeyup, I know she would be," he said doing his best to reassure Applejack.

Starbloom glanced down at the floor closing her eyes. Granny Smith had passed away two years ago of old age. It was peaceful and she was still as feisty as ever, but it was still hard on the Apple Family. "Don't worry, I'm sure she's smiling down from where she is." Starbloom said.

Applejack and Big Mac smiled at Starbloom nodding. "Thank you Starbloom, I'm sure she is to." Big Mac said Applejack nodding in agreement.

Every pony turned and looked when the doors opened and Nurse Redheart came out looking over at the group gathered. "Apple Bloom has given birth to a healthy colt. We'll allow all of you to back and visit with her in a little bit. But she has requested to see her sister and brother first. So you two can go back and see her now."

Starbloom went back and join Twilight as Applejack and Big Mac got up and followed Nurse Redheart to visit with Apple Bloom. Starbloom sat quietly next to Twilight, Sweetie coming over to join her. The two waiting quietly for there chance to go back and see their friend.

PreviousChapters Next