• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 1,564 Views, 315 Comments

The Return of Mare Do Well - L_Wolf



In the streets of Manehattan a silent heroes roams protecting the unsuspecting ponies.

  • ...
1
 315
 1,564

PreviousChapters Next
To Kill or Not To Kill

Chapter 19

Starbloom slowly opened her eyes shifting on the bed slightly but found she couldn't move to much. Lifting her head she saw she had been restrained to it. Panic starting to set in she tried to use her magic to pull the restrains off but her headband was off. "W.. what the hay? Hello?!" She called struggling until she felt a hoof on her shoulder turning head seeing Dr Westluck.

"Easy now, just relax Starbloom," He said softly using his magic to loosen the restraints. "We had to use restraints, the poison was laced with a drug that made you loose control of yourself. When I got back with Sweetie you had pulled out the IV with the antidote and tried to escape. Luckily Sweetie manage to calm you down enough so I could give you a sedative."

She shifted to a sitting position and looked around the office quietly before looking back at him. "I'm sorry for the trouble Dr Westluck, thank you for the help." She said softly looking at the floor sighing. "Did.. I hurt you or Sweetie?" She asked looking up at him.

"No, you didn't hurt either of us. Sweetie is in the other room sleeping on the couch. Do, you mind if I ask what happen?" He asked taking a seat on a stool near the bed she was on. "It's best to let her rest right now, she was up almost all night with you."

She frowned softly hearing that Sweetie had been up late. "Silver Ghost, is alive... her death was staged. I meet her on the roof and she hit me across the chest with a some kind of blade. It managed to get through five layers of guard silk and cut me.... I'm guessing it was laced with poison." She said looking at her chest, it had been bandaged to help the cut heal.

Dr Westluck nodded quietly as he listen to her. "I see, this isn't good news then. The poison she used is common, but aggressive and deadly, you just made it here in time for treatment. Another dose could prove fatal if your not careful. I could give you some personal antidote but if it's mixed with the drug again. It'll still be dangerous for you to get cut again."

"I understand doctor, I'll be careful not to get cut again...." She said softly, the idea of being drugged wasn't something enjoyed. Specially if she had to be restrained to keep her from hurting other ponies, even Dr Westluck and Sweetie.

"Starbloom, I'm gonna be honest with you," he said moving to his hooves and turned on a x-ray display putting some x-rays on the display. "Your doing a lot of harm to your body," he continued looking over at her. "The falls, and the abuse your body is taking. I've seen the bruises and treated your injuries."

"I know your a smart unicorn. I'm sure you know this already, but ponies aren't designed for this level of physical activity, specially a unicorn like yourself." He said using his magic to point at parts on the x-ray. "Your doing a lot of damage to your legs, and your back. If you keep this up... it could cripple you."

She looked at the x-rays before looking away taking a deep breath. "I know doctor, but I can't stop... not yet. Not until Silver Ghost is dealt with, as well as Nightmare. Please, do me a favor and don't tell Sweetie about this.... I don't want her to worry." She said softly looking up at him.

Dr Westluck looked back at Starbloom for a moment then gave a slow nod. "Alright Starbloom, as your doctor I'll do as you ask. The choice is up to you to tell her or not, it's not my place. But, as a word of advice, I do think it would be best to let her know what's going on."

She smiled at him softly nodding slowly. "Yes doctor, I'll take that into advisement. I'll let her know, when the time is right." She said before moving to get off the bed flinching, her body was still sore. Dr Westluck came over to her and helped her off the bed. "Easy now, your still recovering."

She nodded at him and with his help left the small home office and into the living room of his apartment. Sweetie was still asleep on the couch. She went over to Sweetie and nuzzled her cheek softly carefully waking her up. "Hey Sweetie, you sleep well?" She asked softly.

Sweetie looked up at Starbloom smiling before reaching over with a hoove and bonked her on the head. "Don't... you ever worry me like that again..." She said tiredly moving to sit up rubbing her eyes with her hooves. Starbloom smiling at her and moved to sit next to her grunting softly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you like that," she said softly resting against the couch, Dr Westluck bringing her some water and one of her pain pills to help. "Silver Ghost, is back, she attacked me on a roof.... her blade cut clean through the guard silk like it was nothing." She said softly taking the pain pill to help ease her pain.

Sweetie narrowed her eyes looking over at Starbloom, "So... it's true, somepony did help her escape from the prison... A pony posing as Mare Do Well." She said before leaning over against Starbloom sighing softly. "I hate to say it... but you should of killed her when you had a chance."

Starbloom looked down at Sweetie and moved a hoof to hug her softly resting her head on top of Sweetie's, "Maybe your right, it just didn't feel right to do that." She said nuzzling the top of her head softly. "But now, I might not have a choice to kill her."

"You know how I feel about it Starbloom, the though of killing another pony is not something I approve of... but if you don't have a choice... you do what you have to keep yourself and our friends safe." Sweetie said looking up at her. "I'll still be here for you, regardless of the choice you have to make. As long as you come back to me in the end."

She smiled at her and snuggled against her softly. "Thank you Sweetie, I'm know you will be... but it's nice to hear." She said before looking over at Dr Westluck who was sitting at his desk filling out some paper work before looking at Sweetie moving to get to her hooves. "Let's head home Sweetie."

Sweetie nodded and moved to her hooves as well stretching herself out. "Alright Starbloom," She said and both turned to face Dr Westluck. "Thank you for you help, and coming to get me Dr Westluck. Sorry for all the trouble," Sweetie said to him smiling.

"Thank you again, for taking care of me Dr Westluck." She said smiling at him. "Sorry for the trouble, and the window. I'll of course pay to have it fixed." She said blushing softly at him shifting on her hooves. "Oh, what happen to my suit?"

Dr Westluck smiled at both of them. "Your both very welcome, and it's no trouble at all. Don't worry about the window, I'll have it fixed." He said before smiling at Starbloom, "When I went to get Sweetie, I took it with me hidden in my bag. Sweetie put it away for you." He said nodding at her, and Sweetie also nodded smiling at her.

"Yea, it's at home. Stored safely away don't worry." Sweetie said at her smiling. "Now let's get home, it's been a long night, and we could all use some sleep, even Dr Westluck." She said both saying good bye to Dr Westluck again before leaving the office and heading back to their apartment.

PreviousChapters Next