• Published 3rd Jun 2013
  • 6,771 Views, 86 Comments

Xenophilia: Flesh and Thorns - warpd



The Queen seeks answers to eons old dreams from the only human in the realm.

  • ...
14
 86
 6,771

Foxgloves

Foxgloves

Bright beguiling blooms,
My ringing witch bells
Slide over your heart,
Creep into every vein of your soul.
With every echoing beat
Faerie folk’s home becomes your cage
Of obsidian thorns
And verdant blaze.
Perfect poison
For the Sol and Lune.

All you need is love Aimée.
Jealous, selfish, greedy;
Everything that Love truly is,
To poison the heart
And twist the soul.

By-Istas

Author's Note:

Thank you everyone who helped me work on this. Techogre for the French especially. A whole host of people edited, pre-read, and dissected this work. Thank you all.

Comments ( 43 )

Bravo, all I can say.

t.qkme.me/3uhcom.jpg

2944408
Really? Tech was the one who helped out there.

2947929
”Oh Amie! (Realization of horror)” She fell to her knees as a shriek of despair parted her lips. ”They used you to make this body. I’m so sorry, Amie. Not enough they killed you, but used the remains to pull you along like a puppet with broken strings. Why couldn’t I have died, just to spite those bastard fae? All I have now is pieces of a broken past and the neurotic tissue of my dead friend that holds me together.”

That's the jest of it.

2949303

Yup, this is what it translate to. You got it.

Now the last part Aimee pretty much confirmed to herself that she is not human. When Lero stabbed The Queen it killed her because he was human. A human can kill a fae with iron. Anyone else though it does little to nothing. When Aimee mutilates herself all her wounds heal no matter if she did use iron. She is a changeling now and can never be human again.

Are humans the only creatures that can kill faes?

2978398
I'm going to say no, but humans have access to an easier method to kill them.

3013495
Please help out. All I have on hand is a Canadian and he isn't French in the slightest.
Though keep in mind this is a lunatic talking.

Are you gonna make a sequel, regarding Aimee´s fate from know?

3039605
I'd like too, but it probably won't happen for a while.

D48

This was very good, although I am not entirely clear on how it fits in with the other Changeling arc at the end of the compilation.

3137616
Other Changeling arc? Don't quite follow what you mean.

D48

3138398 The Changelings made an appearance at the end of Xenophilia: Further tales, and I am not seeing how the two storylines fit together.

3139709
OOoooooh, sorry this story is completely separate from Quiet's story. They are unrelated.
Glad you enjoyed it.

D48

3139740 Well, that explains that. I just wish there was some kind of clarity on what is and is not canon because that would fix these kinds of misunderstandings. :derpytongue2:

Well that was a nice little story.

3170218
Nice!? Lives were ruined, the bad guy got away, and no one got a happy ending. You say that is nice!

Glad you enjoyed it.:twilightsmile:
Have a great day reader.

3170696 well ofc. It was well written grabbing and was a peachy story line. How could it not be nice?
(This story has been sitting in my favorites for awhile, now I am wondering why I didn't read this sooner.)

3200398
Luna is the best commando. Even if Aimee tried to fight Luna she would have moped the floor with her.
It is hard to feel bad for a monster.

APS

3139769 try group/xenophilia-hq
for Alternate Universe, Main Story & Side Stories maps

D48

3378594 It would help if the two stories which are not related to one another were not in the same folder.:facehoof:

2978398

It's not necessarily the wielder of the weapon that kills, it's the weapons themselves. Humans can make fires hot enough to create iron and steel, fae are vulnerable to iron, particularly cold iron, something to do with how it reacts to their magic makes it poison to them.

The best way to kill someone like the Lady would be copy the liquid silver bullets from Underworld but use iron that's in a state it will liquefy or be small enough pieces to get into their bloodstream and shoot the buggers.

In terms of chemistry though, I don't know what it is about iron that poisons fae so readily that a human bleeding on one would cause acid burns (haemoglobin is iron-based), but even solid iron burns them and we can actually hold it, unlike most other creatures, that makes them fear us some even though we're their favourite play things. Maybe it's a opposite, sort of like throwing lye onto something acidic would seriously muck it up due to the acid/alkaline reactions.

3537720
I recall a story about the spirit of iron cursing the fae so that all forms of iron would be dangerous to them and their magic. In this story something similar happened a long time ago, but the details are sketchy at best and not important.

Did not understood French parts. Can you add translation, please?

3573341
Have you tried google translator?

3583522
I can have only one opened internet window on my mobile. And I have no other internet options next three months.

3583569
I refer you to this guy's translation.
2949303

Was this inspired by this?

:trixieshiftright:

3888209
Inspired by a lot of things, but that did help with the back-story quite a bit. Sometimes, the old lore is just as scary as the new stuff. Hope you enjoyed the story.

4887465
I never got a notification about your comment...sorry about that. Yes, I did use a translator off the internet. Unfortunately I only had a Canadian on hand to double check so it is messy.
Did you enjoy the story?

This story is a little confusing.
I get the main gist of it, but a few loose ends that befuddle me.

For example:
Lero has no otherworldly properties, so why did only his attack leave a lasting wound, while the weapon itself does not seem to inflict damage that isn't immediately repaired?
(And why doesn't the weapon itself do considerable damage, seeing as how the Lady herself admitted that iron was a considerable weakness to Fae kind?)

If Luna and her assassin team(s) left for a hive that she obviously knew the location of well in advance, as well as Luna apparently being intimately familiar with it's structure/history: How did she not arrive far, far, far sooner than Aimée?

How could Aimée not recognize one of her own amongst a group of ponies that she could feel the emotions wafting from?
(Surely a changeling can tell if a creature's emotions are consumable or if they are that of another changeling -if changelings even exude emotions in the same manner as a being they can feed off of-.)


All in all though, I did enjoy it (Though I think that Chrysalis/Aimée was a bit too powerful, given that she only had a brief exposure to Lero's love before he realized the truth and effectively stopped feeding her).

3888209
Is that some sort of D-n'-D style board game?
I at first expected it to be a computer game, but it has no information associated with a PC game.
After further investigation, the most info I can find on it is that it has "302 pages".

Furthermore, there is no descernable description that 99.9% of wiki articles contain.
(IE, The "Elder Scrolls: Skyrim" wiki page states "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an action role-playing video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks".
This immediately lets the reader know: This is a videogame. It's an action/RP game. and it was created by and published by Bethesda.
But the page you sent contains virtually zero pertinent info as to what it is other than "It's a game. That is all the information concerning it that is known." :twilightangry2:)

5221015
It's the contract with Iron (old fae lore stuff), when Lero holds the weapon it is actually dangerous but only when he is using it because he is human. For this back story, humanity has the contract to use iron. For anyone else it is a dull knife. When Aimee tries to use it on herself it doesn't work, confirming to her that she had lost her humanity.

There was a time gap between the battle and Luna invading the hive when they confirmed the changeling queen had escaped. As for the changeling thing, Aimee had most likely not gotten to her yet.

I am glad you enjoyed it, and yes that link that you are talking about is a D&D style game. Though World of Darkness generally has different rules.

Three years after finishing Xenophilia I found out that it got a number of spinoffs, some of which are pretty good. I just wanted to say that yours was great and I loved how you made it so tragic. Its weird, even though she killed thousands I feel nothing but pity for her.

6732300
She was indeed a complete monster. I'm glad the Xenoverse was enjoyable for you.

6955475
Thanks for giving it a chance.

That was a good read. I initially came to nag you to make the Mithril snippets into a full story like I had been told to, but I was sucked into this story. Is this canon? If not, I wish it was canon.

7091944
Unless Anonauthor decides to return and declare it canon, it won't be. I'm aware of the lack of Mithril development, I do apologize. I'm in my final semester of school and writing all kinds of stuff for research project.

7102078 Well, here's hoping you have little troubles in your life. I wish you well in your endeavors, and look forward to your future works eagerly.

I really liked this story. I'm not usually one for tragedies. But this story had a great core. I wish there was more.

I really liked the irony that in a battle of super-powered beings, the one to cast the most wounding blow was the human with the paring-knife. Despite old Earth lore (or perhaps because of it) it comes across all the sweeter.

"Thousands of years of technological advancement and we've yet to replace a sharp piece of metal." ~ Shane Dorian, Article 2.

Was a good story.

Login or register to comment