• Published 19th May 2013
  • 19,726 Views, 976 Comments

Twilight at the Disco - 6ix



Featured on 5/19/2013 Discord has become Princess Twilight's advisor, and they are driving each other crazy. However hate can morph into love, but they are still driving each other crazy.

  • ...
42
 976
 19,726

Nightmare Before Christmas

Author's Note:

A Halloween special on Christmas Eve? Why? Because Discord that’s why!
At lease that’s what I would like to say but the truth is that this isn’t even done but I have so little time with the new baby, work, school and now the holidays that I got about 10 words into this story every week. I just said f*ck it and decided to post it today while I was online for once.
I hoped you like it and please leave lots of comments (ignore typos my proof reader will tackle it soon and she is very good...I think she's a she.

“Thank you for helping with this outfit, Hiss. I don’t know really why Discord wants me to wear a big puffy yellow ball gown, but he says it will work with his.” Twilight said as she struggled to get dress over her head.

Hiss fluttered around Twilight in her changeling form. Trying to help the princess make the costume fit on her correctly.

“You’re welcome. I find this tradition fascinating. You are all trying to mimic something you’re not. We changelings do that to survive; you do this for fun.”

The girls stopped and looked over to Twilight’s door as it creaked open. Discord head poked out from the other side. He squinted like he was trying to make something out in the distance then his eyes went wide and he gasped.

“Spike!” Discord threw open the door and pointed at Hiss. “A wild ditto appeared!”

Spike come out from behind Discord with a red utility vest, a red cap on and fingerless gloves. The young dragon blinked a few times confused then looked up at the sprite. “What?”

Discord rolled his eyes. “Throw that thing I gave you at Hiss.”

“Um...ok.” Spike pulled a white and red ball out from under his vest and threw it like he was told.

The device hit Hiss on her horn lighting her up and magically pulling her into the ball.

“Hiss!” Twilight yelled out of concern and surprise.

The ball shook a few times before Hiss popped out of it.

Discord grumbled. “Darn, it was so close. We didn’t damage it enough.” The trickster pulled a mallet out of nowhere and ran towards the changeling.

Hiss reacted quickly and turned into a baby Twilight giving Discord the biggest puppies eyes she could muster. Discord Stopped in his tracks and stared at her.

“Hiss used adorable.” Discord huffed as he put his weapon down. “It was super effective.”

“Well I’m lost.” Twilight commented.

Discord leaned his elbow on Twilights back. “Your lost is my gain.”

“I think you misunderstood what the saying means.” Twilight said.

“You’re lost and I’m entertained. I think I understand enough.” Discord responded.

Twilight rolled her eyes and walked a few paces ahead. Forcing Discord the stand up straight. She positioned herself just right and magically lifted up her yellow dress and wagged her tail at him. She still couldn’t understand why this stuff bothered Discord so much but that didn’t mean she wasn’t going to use it against him.

“Mooned by a princess.” Discord said trying to play it cool, but everypony could see the scarlet dancing on his cheeks.

Twilight looked over her flank and raised an eyebrow at him. “Mooned?”

Discord sighed in frustration. “So many things lost on this era.”

“What is lost on this era?” Luna asked as she joined the group. She wore a black rope with a blue crest on the front that had a bird of prey on it. Luna also sported a dress shirt and blue striped tie underneath the robe.

“Mooning.” Discord said casually.

“Nonsense.” Luna said definitively as she was across the room to the rest. “Our mooning has always been a part of this era.” She said pridefully.

Everypony nodded in understanding, except for Discord who had a twinkle in his eye.

“Does the people of Equestria enjoy it when you moon them?” The spirit asked.

“Many do.” Luna answered. “Our moon is the jewel of the sky. Every night the ponies of Equestria vast in my glory as we moon them all.”

To everypony’s surprise Discord was floating in the air holding his stomach laughing.

“Um, Luna, what are you going as?” Twilight ask wanting to move on from whatever Discord was pulling.

“We are Luna.” She answered.

“Yes we know,” Spike said. “But what are you dressed as?”

“Luna,” she answered.

Discord smirked knowingly. “So you're going as yourself?” He asked. “Funny, you don’t look like you.”

“We are not we. We are Luna.” She answered nonchalantly.

“So we are going as we?” Discord clarified.

“We don’t know what you are going as but we are going as Luna.” The lunar princess replied.

“So your costume is of Luna?” Twilight asked with her head tilted.

“Yes.” Luna frowned a little. “No?” She said unsure. “Which Luna do you mean?”

“There are two Princess Luna?” Hiss asked.

Discord turned to his assistant and winked at her. “Why do you think she always says ‘we’?”

This time Hiss smirked. “I just figured she drank water too often.” The changeling turned her head back to Luna. “So you’re going as your alter ego?”

“No, we were Nightmare Moon last year.” Luna pointed out. “We are Luna this year.”

“Then where’s your crown?” Hiss asked adding the fire.

“We are not we this year, we are Luna.” She said again.

“What?” Said Twilight.

“What?” Said Spike.

“What?” Said Hiss.

“What?” Said the proof reader.

“Asparagus!” Said Discord.

“We are a character from that charming book series about that young wizard.” Luna clarified.

Twilight instantly knew who she was talking about. She wondered if Luna intentionally chose a character with the same name; she has learned that Luna shares her sister’s sense of, mostly.

“So you’re not going as Luna?” Discord asked.

“Stop it, Discord.” Twilight scolded. “It’s not even that funny.”

“I’m confused.” Spike said.

“I’m confused.” Hiss said.

“I’m entertained.” Discord said.

“As are we,” Luna added winking at Twilight.


Twilight walked down the stairs making her entrance into the ball room. Her mane was pulled back with elegant curls and her yellow dress accented her complexion while her jeweled hoofs matched her crown.

The stairs were actually two that conjoined before leading into the main ball room. She made it to the landing and looked up to see Discord coming down the other end. His mane was slicked back and brushed out giving him a more streamline look. He wore blue Lord’s coat gold trims and cuffs that was a fashion a few hundred years ago.

The palace was filled with ponies of different class and origins. Luna and Twilight had convinced the royal family that holding a party on this night would honor the Moon Princess. Luna insisted that a handful of ponies from every major settlement be invited and that this was not a gathering the famous and the influential like the annual gala.

Discord started walking down the stairs like he was some rock star. Every step was a strut; a flock of mares had formed in front of the staircase. Camera flashes and whistling mares berated him. A few of them made a howling nose while the rest threw roses at him.

Twilight rolled her eyes but she still smiled at the scene. His attics really grew on you after a while.

Discord finally made it to the landing with Twilight. He reached out with his claw and took the Princess’ hoof giving it a kiss.

“I see you have admirers.” Twilight commented as his lips parted from her.

“Jealous?” Discord asked and he stood up straight.

“Hardly, they’re changelings.” Twilight clarified.

“Saw straight through it, then?” Discord responded.

“Like a lumberjack.” Twilight joked.

Discord turned the mares that had lined up under the stair case. “She’s on to us. Go. Mingle and feed for it is the night of all nights.” The changelings dispersed and disappeared into the crowed.

Twilight shook her head at him and started down the steps. “Dramatic as ever, come one, we have to mingle ourselves.”

“Yes because we are very socially skilled individuals.” Discord said with a sarcastic tone as he walked with by her side.

“Hey, I have come a long way.” Twilight said defensively. “It’s you who needs to socialize more.”

“Speaking of socializing.” Discord pointed over her shoulder at Rainbow Dash flying up to them. “Your friend with questionable sexuality is coming this way.”

Twilight became very annoyed with Discord’s stereotyping. Twilight knew that he was just trying to get under her skin. No way was Discord this ignorant, but such remark was hard to ignore. “She’s dating Big Mac.” She said through clenched teeth.

“That proves nothing.” Discord replied as he waived a dismissive claw at her. “I’ve read Broke Hoof Mountain.”

Twilight was about to start raising her voice at him but Rainbow Dash saved him.

“Sup, Twi?” Dash said as she landed next to Twilight. “You two playing nice?” Rainbow teased as she took note of her friend’s cowl.

Twilight gave a sigh and let Discord’s transgression go. “We’re good, how about you? Are you enjoying yourself?”

Rainbow shrugged. “Mostly, just had a very confusing conversation with Princess Luna about her costume.”

“Oh? What is dressed as?” Discord asked playing stupid.

“Nope.” Rainbow Dash said mimicking her colt friend before trotting off.

“Too many ponies seeing through me tonight.” Discord grumbled as he crossed his arms. “I must be losing my edge.”

Twilight laughed, but she wasn’t laughing at Discord. She was happy about what he said. “That’s because we’re all friends now. We all know you enough to catch on when you’re about pull well a Discord.”

Discord was about to rebuttal but a very gruff looking clown smoking a cigar cut him off as he approached.

“Discord!” Iron Hoof said in a raised voice. “I like the costume; I can see the irony in it.”

“Irony? It’s a lord’s coat the fashion is from-“

“About 500 years ago when the royal family made up most of the military leadership,” Iron Hoof interrupted. “That, my antimilitary friend, is a dress blue bravo Lord General over coat worn only in battle.” Iron Hoof paused to take a puff of his cigar. “You are wearing a military uniform.”

Twilight smirked “I take it back; you are losing your edge.”

Comments ( 78 )

Funny chapter. I think this chapter was great. Thanks for the Holiday gift.

A Halloween special on Christmas Eve? Why? Because Discord that’s why!

Naturally.

I know the A/N said to ignore typos, but:

Twilight rolled her eyes but she still smiled at the scene. His attics really grew on you after a while.

I'm just trying to imagine that! :rainbowlaugh:

Anyways, don't stress too much over the story. I'm sure we could tolerate a wait if your dealing with stuff IRL, and still love you:twilightsmile:

Keep up the good work!! :pinkiehappy:

I loved this. I read the part with the conversation about Luna's costume twice. It was just that entertaining. I also laughed through most of it.

Poor Discord learns what happens when he intermingles with the common folk, they start to catch on.

your dealing with a baby, with this news my expectations of this getting updated further drop significantly

do i blame you....no
am i sad.....yes
do i want to know the babys name and congratulate you if you are the father..... abso-fuckin-lutely

Luna is Loony, here's hoping your new kid will take after her too :3

6ix

5422720 if it makes you feel better there is about 1200 words written for the next official chapter

5423530

coolio, oh yea if your the father i congratulate you on making a baby

if your not the father.....

congratulations on choosing adoption

if its not your kid....

how sweet of you to be caring for random infants

may your days be happy and may your child grow successful and strong

merry christmas every body

5424237 I accept random infants frequently...

... I can always use additional test subjects. :pinkiecrazy:

5425511
:pinkiegasp:gasp

how could you use babys as test subjects

:pinkiecrazy:everyone knows putting them in blenders makes the best salsa

“Oh? What is dressed as?” Discord asked playing stupid.
“Nope.” Rainbow Dash said mimicking her colt friend before trotting off.

Nice.

That was fun.

Beauty and the beast and Luna Lovegood? Me likey! :pinkiehappy:

Good chapter, needs some proofreading though. And also on a side-note, I was the 666 view. Go figure.

6ix

5475132 cliché work thats why they're so worn out. :twilightsmile:

But I see your point and I agree, I just couldn't come up with much else at the time.

LUNA HAS MOONED THEM ALL!!!:rainbowlaugh:

6ix

5479695 you liked that didnt you?

5480183 I had to say it since nobody else had. Yes, I did like it:trollestia: went right over her head.

“You two playing nice?” Rainbow teased as she took note of her friend’s cowl.

I'd notice that too. what an odd article of clothing to wear to a function

If that title isn't a reference to Panic! At the Disco, I don't know what is.

real chapters anyone? I cerntainly would like one. please? :-)

5612685 A) You just crushed my dreams.
B) Goddamn that song sucks.

6ix

5612722
A) Goal achieved
B) It's not a song to be taken seriously.

5612747 Neither are 75% of Panic! At The Disco's songs. #CoincidnceIThinkNot

6ix

5612743 No really what are you talking about?

6ix

5612766 to be honest Twilight at the disco was me stretching out the word Discolight that is often used to describe this paring. After I posted the story for the first time I felt like I shot myself in the foot bc I forgot about Panic at the disco (Not really a fan, dont hate them just never got into them.)

6ix

5612843 Are you trying to convert me?

5612884 To a Christian, no. Fuck the Bible.
To a Panicker, yes. Brendon Urie is Best Griffin.

Just blitzed this story. I want MORE! and real chapthers not micro one I finish in 3 minutes.

5612973
You realize that the word convert doesn't usually mean religious persuasion, right?

5620907 Yes, but the title of the song I showed him was "Build God, Then We'll Talk." So, naturally, when he asked if I was trying to convert him, I'd have to reveal to him my true intentions.

6ix

5659815 You my friend have made my day today with all these comments

thank you

5662082 ehh no problem whenever I can find one ill put it up :pinkiehappy:
Nok Nok

I wish you would continue the story instead of these omake-like chapters, still it is a verry good story and i will be watching. Also do you know of any simmilair stories? And what inspiered you?

6ix

5673122 um...honestly most of this is inspired by the crazy life I have with my wife. Its one of those relationships where she says "I love you." by kicking me in the balls

next chapter ???

6ix

5728649 I'm sry I am hardly on due to the upcoming baby but some time after April there will be chapters again.

5737639 I am sorry. I'm not quite sure what I meant either, but a lot of drugs were involved. I started the process of getting sober a few days after that post.

Seriously I wanna frame that post as a "DON'T GO BACK TO THAT MESS" warning. What the fuck was I even trying to say?

Awesome story! I cant really get enough of it. I just hope we get back to the story line soon. You have me hooked on it and I need more! Pretty Pretty Pinky Please! :pinkiesmile:

6ix

5851032 5 more days and my new son will be here. Then I may be able to get back to writing

Congratulations! Also, no rush. You are going to be busy for a while. :scootangel:

6ix

5935949 :pinkiegasp: Skip over the sex jokes?! You asexual mother-hen! Your mother smelled of elderberries!

No really thank for the feedback, I love hearing what my readers think. Feel free to add more, it would make my day.

5946900
Then that must mean his father was a hamster!

Login or register to comment