• Published 23rd Mar 2013
  • 3,392 Views, 383 Comments

A Colt Once Forgotten - CptBrony



After going through Hell in Southeast Asia, the boy must live with what he did and cope with the consequences.

Comments ( 58 )

This story. It's so good I love it.
The ending was great but I think it would've been nice to have a Ryan/Harris moment but that's just me

Either way, great story. Shame it had to end tho :(

That was awesome. Well done.

I can only give this story a resounding Yes, something I have given to no other story I have read. This is, in my opinion, what writing should be.

4746724
Thank you. :twilightblush: I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

Great story! :heart:
I hope you eventually turn it into a trilogy :pinkiehappy:

4746882 so the wraith was god? and i'm assuming Ryan going to be showing up in your other story?

4759110
Maybe to the first, maybe to the second, because the future is never certain.

4759311 i give to you the full poem

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."

Loved the ending good story and loved the characters.

*Stands up from my chair and slowly claps* Bravo Bravo. Nuff said

5006767
Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed it!

5022896
Thank you! I hope you keep liking it.

another story done so touching this could turn in to a trilogy A Colt Always Remembered could be the title for the next one:pinkiehappy:

5026000
Afraid there is no trilogy. But, like I said at the end, Ryan isn't dead. He may come again some day...

5025195
I find them here and there.

5025402
Thanks! :twilightblush: It did get featured once.

Thank you for the great diology to read. Loved it all. As a suggestion for a potential sequel, the name could be along the lines of "The Colt They Remember" or something like that.

5119845
Thank you. Sadly, I have no planned sequel. Ryan may however appear elsewhere, in some other story, some time in the future.
But: At the end of that story, if interest is still high in a sequel to this, and a sequel to that story is a popular idea, I may be willing to punch out one more, just to finalize it.

*shrig* twas just a suggestion. Anyhow, if I could actually find motivation, I'd write these ideas I have in my head. But I just don't feel like they would be received well as they are a bit scrubbish and are likely as much use as a chocolate teapot.

This story was fantastic. I believe that I can say that I have read a lot of short and very long stories and this one is up at the very top. Definitely in the top 5 of my all time favorite stories. the writing was phenomenal (even if there were some small spelling errors). just a fantastic story with such a emotional ending :pinkiesad2:

5184406
Thank you very much! It's nice to hear that someone liked one of my stories so much.

I have a small list of stories that I truly adore, this has to be in my top 10. You rank very high sir, very high indeed.

It would be badass if Harris came to Equestria as a human.

5824398
I am afraid that Harris will not be a part of any planned return. Though I guess things can be flexible in life... But I don't want to bend my realistic odds to the point where they break

5824502 I know, gotta keep some reality, it was just a thought

Absolutely impressive, and well-worth the time spent reading it all.a

Well, I was planning on getting around to reading this during the daytime...

But from 12 to 5 AM works too...

Thanks for the read, CptBrony. It was a pleasure to read this wonderful story.

6118337
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it

6118480
Great Story! Had me on my seat laughing, waiting on the edge the whole time. Kind of wish Ryan and Cinny relationship gotten closer but still good none of less. Two hooves up /)/)

6381823
I'm sorry you feel that way. Feel free to leave as you wish.

nice little ending you have, i'm glad i stuck through reading this story. I always wondered who wraith really was. It was grueling at times but you stuck to yours guns and that's what counted in the end. a shame about cinny and him but maybe it just wasn't meant to be.
but a nice story in the end.

6492992
The world is an interesting thing. It can come and go and new stories arise while old ones continue in the shadows. Ryan and Cinny could meet again someday, and they could always show up again...

6701519
Pray tell, what are the exceptions? I can imagine some.

6701659 The two cliches are Discord bringing the human into Equestria (which has beenn done a lot) and that the fact that the human is brought into the hospitable experience. These cliches are excused because of their connection to the first story, so it doesn't bother me.

Where do I begin? I liked your first story. Tragic tales is something that I can always appreciate. But the stories of redemption always brings life lessons for readers to take.

I loved your pacing in this sequel. You took your time and developed your characters in very defined ways. And the flow was great. I have to say the ending of this story, while it was a happy ending, still made me shed a lot of tears. Saying goodbye to characters you have grown to love is always hard. And the one thing you did that every author did was end a story with complete resolution with no loose ends anywhere. That is a huge accomplishment.

My most favorite part of the whole sequel is the relationship between Ryan, Big Mac, Fancy Pants and Soarin. This is probably the only HIE fic I can recall where Big Mac plays a central role to the whole plot and has a close relationship with the human character. Very different from the other HIE fics I have read. When you had Ryan and the stallions participate in operation imminent harkness, you made me estactic, because I was hoping that those four would go on some kind of adventure you did not disappoint.

Since you provide you unique elements in this story and have given me something to read that I once fantasize about, especially operation imminent harkness, I have decided to add your two stories as in my personal favorite box. If you look in my library, you will know what I'm talking about. You've earned it that much from me.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you. :twilightsmile:

thanks for the amazing story, I'm proud that people like you are willing to make this stuff for free:pinkiehappy:

7122778
Or is it Kelvin :twilightoops:

7123488
Oh, it gets better
You'll know if you read TOML

7132869
Use ALL OF THE PLANES!
:pinkiecrazy: :pinkiecrazy: :pinkiecrazy: :pinkiecrazy: :pinkiecrazy: :trollestia:

This is one of the best stories I've read, kudos to you!

7138057
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

7600207
Stalin did kill way more people. Making it even easier, Mao killed an absurdly large number of people. Conservative estimates I've read say 70 million, but also commonly accepted is 90 million

A great story! 2-3 times better than the prequel, imo.

7608211
Thank you! I tried to make them very different kinds of stories, but my writing skills were certainly much more polished in this one.

7852842
... Ya know, I really don't know. That was a long time ago, and I don't actually remember making that comment. Maybe the coment was edited, or i replied to the wrong one? *shrug*

7861996 in that case it's classified as assualt

Login or register to comment