• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 9,765 Views, 118 Comments

The Vamp-ponies - devil001



Twilight is a Vamp-pony. But she was raised well and when out "hunting", she likes to have fun

  • ...
10
 118
 9,765

Vamp-Ponies Ch.7

Vamp-pony Ch.7

As the sun set over Ponyville, the sky set alight by an orange blaze, the shadows slowly crept over the town. Mares and colts made their way home while a few, a select few, were drawn to That Place.
The kind of place you know you're not supposed to go to at this hour, when the day was ending and night was starting. The place where fillies were drawn to at all hours and had to be weary. That Place.

Sugar Cube Corner

"Aren't you fillies supposed to be at home having dinner?" Mrs Cake asked the two young mares as they reached for the cupcakes Pinkie was offering.

"We will be, we were... buying these for dessert" one filly said as they watched the cupcakes put in a box

"Of course, because cupcakes always taste better when they're for dessert after a yummy meal." Pinkie smiled with her usual perkiness, passing the box to the fillies and leading them to the door. As they were about to walk out she whispered to them "but they taste even yummier when you sneak them before a meal."

Giggling the fillies left, Pinkie was about to shut and lock the door when she saw Applejack walking towards her.

"Hi Applejack, come to get some treats for tonight?" Pinkie asked as she turned the sign to Closed

"Not tonight Pinkie, tonight we're gonna throw Twilight a surprise party at the library" Applejack smiled, she knew had Pinkie's attention as she'd just used two of her favourite words. Surprise and Party.

"I Love throwing surprise parties," Pinkie squeeked "who's gonna be there? What's the occasion? What the theme? Which should I bring cupcakes, muffins or pastries?"

Applejack blinked a few times as he brain processed Pinkie's hyper talking "Just us girls, no reason for the party and all three." Applejack watched as Pinkie bounced into the kitchen and walked back out pulling a cart topped with various treats a second later.

"I love 'No-Reason-For-a-Surprise-Party' surprise parties, they're the best." Pinkie made to walk out the door but was stopped by Applejack; her nose honking as she walked into Applejack's hoof.

"Hold on there suger cube, we need to get Twilight out of the library first. Rarity is gonna get her out in an hours time and the rest of us is gonna get things set up, just make sure no pony see's ya or learns about it ya hear?" Applejack watched as Pinkie nodded and zipped her mouth closed and locked it then threw away the key. "Good, I'll see ya in an hour then"

Pinkie watched as Applejack turned to leave, she waved and tried to speak but her mouth was zipped and locked. Detatching herself from the cart she looked around the room, where did that key land?

---***---

Pinkie sneaked as quietly as she could to the library, she could see the curtains were drawn so she guessed Twilight was out and the others were already getting things ready. Leaving her cart of desserts outside incase Twilight was home Pinkie tried the door and found it unlocked, stepping in she whispered "Hello?" When no pony answered she shouted "Any pony here?" But still no answer

She then saw a light at the top of the stairs getting closer until finally she saw it was a candelabrum with three lit candles and flouting in the air, held up by a familiar colour of magic.

"Ah Pinkie, so glad you could make it" Twilight's voice spoke from the darkness of the library, Pinkie watched as Twilight stepped into the light, she was wearing a black cloak with a large coller, putting focus on her face. "I was just about to have a bite to eat."

"Hi Twilight," Pinkie smiled, glad she'd left the cart outside "have you seen Rarity?"

"Not yet, but I'm expecting her at any moment, she said I've been cooped up for too long and she was going to treat me to a meal." Twilight put on a weird smile, to Pinkie everything about Twilight was different right now.

"Do you know where she's going to take you? What are you gonna order?" Pinkie bounced a little, soon Twilight would leave with Rarity and she'd be able to start on the 'No-Reason-For-a-Surprise-Party' surprise party.

"I was thinking of having something sweet, filling..."

Pinkie suddenly felt a pinchy knee, but why? There was only her and Twilight. Looking down she stared at her knee for a second, her Pinkie sense had never been wrong before so why was it acting up now? Looking back up Pinkie was surprised that Twilight had disappeared, she was probably upset that Pinkie was looking at her knee instead of listening to her dinner plans. She was about to apologies loudly when she heard Twilight's voice whisper in her ear

"And sweet"

Screaming slightly Pinkie jumped into the air and grabbed the first thing she could, which was the ceiling light. So that's what her pinchy knee meant, Twilight was gonna pull a prank on her and scare her. Silly Twilight. But how did she move so quickly and quietly?

"Nice one Twilight," Pinkie giggled, swaying on the light a little "how did you move so quickly?"

Again her pinchy knee

"Oh you know," Twilight's voice calm from behind Pinkie again, slowly Pinkie turned with the light and as the candelabra was brought up to the ceiling she could perfectly see Twilight standing upside down on the ceiling, her mane and cloak drooping down towards the floor. "It's a natural gift."

"But how? Are you? When? Where? Chimcherry?" Pinkie stuttered out, she couldn't see anything helping Twilight from not falling. No magic aura holding her in place, no plungers or pullies.

"Come now Pinkie, surely you've figured it out" Twilight put on a weird smile, which looked even weirder to Pinkie as it was upside down "living in darkness, swift movements, standing upside down on a ceiling. Yes Pinkie, I am a-"

"A Superhero?" Pinkie squeed, her eyes sparkling in the dim light and a large smile on her face. Twilight's face wasn't amused, but recovered and put the weird smile back on.

"No. I, am a Vamp-Pony" Twilight used her magic to position her cloak in a dramatic way. Pinkie's eyes widened in shock and she gasped, letting go of the light and falling to the floor.

Flipping in the air Pinkie managed to land on her hooves, before she could look up again she heard Twilight's voice behind her again.

"Yes Pinkie, a vamp-pony. Using my vamp-pony powers I will control you and all of Ponyville, then using the Elements of Harmony I shall beat Princess Celestia and rule all of Equestria." Twilight villain laughed as Pinkie's jaw dropped, unable to believe what she was hearing "and when the sun finishes setting there will be nothing you can do to stop me, it is best to submit now."

"Setting sun?" Rembering what her granny told her as a filly, Pinkie remembered the old stories about how they hated sunlight. Without thinking Pinkie ran over to a curtain and grabbed it with her teeth, she heard Twilight ask

"Pinkie, what are you doing?"

"I'm sorry Twilight," Pinkie's voice was muffled between her clenched teeth and the fabric in her mouth "but I have to stop you"

Yanking the curtain open the sunlight from the setting sun spilled into the room, hitting Twilight straight on. Screaming loudly Twilight slowly turned to mist "NOOO, Pinkie why? We were friends. What a world."

As the mist disapeared Pinkie sat down "Oh Twilight, I'm sorry" she said again

Pinchy knee

"That's ok" Twilight said behind her, making her scream and jump to the ceiling again.

"Twilight? But how? You got hit by sunlight" Pinkie watched Twilight laughed her normal laugh and stepped into the remaining sunlight.

"Alright girls you can come in. I think it's time to explain everything to Pinkie" Twilight giggled as the door to the library opened, the others laughing as they entered. "Come on down Pinkie and we'll explain everything"

"No, you'll put me under a vamp-pony spell just like you did with the others. You're all under Twilight's spell aren't you?" Pinkie pointed to all of them in turn as she hung from the light.

"Pinkie we ain't under no vamp-pony spell" Applejack shook her head as she watched Pinkie hang from the light

"That exactly what you'd say if you were under a vamp-pony spell" Pinkie slipped and nearly fell but managed to hold on with her hooves, now dangling from the light.

"Pinkie none of us is under a spell, Twilight ain't evil and she ain't gonna take over Equestria. Now get your pink butt down her so we can get this party started" Dash stamped her hoof as she made her point, she watched as Pinkie processed what she just heard.

"Twilight isn't evil?" Pinkie asked, watching as her friends shook their heads "this was a prank?" She watched as they nodded "and you don't want a 'No-Reason-For-a-Surprise-Party' surprise party, but a 'Twilight-Is-A-Vamp-Pony-But-Is-Still-our-Friend' party?"

"The way only you can do them sugar cube" Applejack smiled as Pinkie let go and landed safely on the floor, before jumping up again and shouting

"VAMP-PONY PARTY"

---***---

A few hours later and the party was still going strong, Twilight having spent the previous few hours explaining everything to Pinkie and answering her questions. Such as how it felt to be mist, and if she would like some of pinkie's blood in her cupcakes from now on. Twilight refused.

As Pinkie asked Rarity questions on how it felt to be a vamp-pony Twilight joined Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy for various treats.

"So you managed to distract Pinkie long enough to get away huh?" Dash chuckled as Twilight picked up a macaroon and ate it.

"Yeah, I'll apologies to Rarity later," Twilight smiled "I'm glad Pinkie took the prank well, I don't want to think about what she would've done if she hadn't."

"Aw come on it's Pinkie Pie, she gives as good as she gets. If there's one pony in all of Equestria who can laugh after a prank was pulled on them it's Pinkie. Though I got to be honest, I thought you'd have been more hesitant about it Fluttershy" Dash pointed out, Pinkie never pulled pranks on Fluttershy and as such she'd never pull a prank on anypony.

"Oh I knew at first Pinkie wouldn't like it and would think it we were being too rough with her, but once she relaxed and accepted it she'd have a lot of fun. That's the kind of pony Pinkie is." Fluttershy smiled, then faltered as Twilight and Dash were staring at her. As she realised what she'd said she blushed slightly and hid behind her mane as Rainbow Dash's wing's sprung open.

"Well anyway, I'm just glad we're all still friends and we can have a small party with just the seven of us here" Dash blushed slightly, trying to get her wings to go back down.

"Seven? There's eight of us here." Twilight said with a confussed look

"No there isn't. There's me, you and fluttershy, that's three. As well as Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie and Spike, that makes seven." Dash pointed each pony, and dragon, out as she spoke. A confussed look on her own face.

"Oh damn, in all the excitement of pranking Pinkie I forgot to tell everypony. There is an eighth pony here, though she can't exactly mingle right now" Twilight hit herself on the head with her hoof as she picked up a muffin and held it above her head, a second a grey bat landed on it and wrapped its wings around it, taking small bites. "Girls, you know Derpy the mail pony."

Looking closely Dash and Fluttershy could see a small patch of blond fur on top of the bats head, and if they looked even closer they saw its eyes were looking in two directions.

"You're telling me Derpy is a vamp-pony?" Dash asked unbelievebly "Why is she a bat?"

"Sometimes when she transforms she has difficulty remembering how to turn back, so I let her stay her till she's able to and tell her daughter Dinky where she is so she doesn't worry." Twilight would've been worried for Dinky but she knew Carrot Top was able to look after the filly, and her mother, when she needed to.

"I can't believe Derpy, of all ponies, is a vamp-pony," Dash leaned on closer and watched the Derpy-bat eat the muffin happily "she must be terrible at it."

"Actually Derpy is one of the most powerful vamp-ponies I've ever seen despite being only a couple of hundred years old, you ever notice how Derpy's able to be at random place she shouldn't be? Despite a few memory lapses she is a great vamp-pony, though sometimes I think she chooses to be stuck as a bat so the muffins last longer."

"How did we not notice?" Dash couldn't believe the clumsiest pony she knew was a vamp-pony, which meant her daughter Dinky was a vamp-pony as well.

"To be fair, when Depry does something strange or clumsy we just think that's Derpy. Like when Pinky does something random, it's just who they are" Fluttershy spoke up, watching as derpy sucked on a large blueberry. "Have you told Rarity yet?"

"Now that you mention it, I've been too busy training her or arguing with Dash or going crazy with worry to take five seconds to tell her. But now is the perfect time." using her magic to hover the muffin with Derpy on it Twilight turned and walked over to Rarity as Applejack and Spike joined Dash and Fluttershy, a second later Pinkie joined them.

"I'm so happy I got to throw a vamp-pony party, I've never thrown one before" Pinkie bounced as she picked the tray of macaroons and tilted it, sliding them all into her mouth.

"Why would ya? Couple of hours ago you thought they were nothin' but stories and Twi was a normal, ish, pony" Applejack watched as Pinkie put down the now empty tray and picked up a plate of cupcakes. "Or did ya? Did you know Twilight was a vamp-pony? Or suspect? Did your pinkie sense tell you you were never in any danger tonight?"

Pinkie simply smiled at Applejack and held up the plate at her "Cupcake?"

"I can't belive how long Twilight and Rarity are gonna live, and see so many awesome things. Imagine being awesome for over a hundred years, or a thousand." Dash sighed

"Yes but they'll have to move away from Ponyville eventually, and leave their friends behind and make new ones over and over. That would be both happy and sad" Fluttershy sighed

"Yep living such a long life can't be easy, 'les yer an alicorn, and everypony lives as long as they need to. Though it would be nice to make sure yer family does well and will have a place to stay if they need it." Applejack sighed

"Yeah, and imagine all the parties you'd be able to go to and new food you be able to try. Imagine all the candles on a cake for a pony whose lived a thousand years, and how big it would be" Pinkie sighed, drooling slightly.

Spike watched his pony friends as in unison they turned to look at Twilight and Rarity.

Author's Note:

I'll admit i had a bit of difficulty writing for Pinkie, she's just too random for me to write her affectivly but i gave it my best shot and hope it doesn't disappoint.
As for Derpy, well i wanted to get a third vamp-pony in and since she appears in random places, like Grany Smiths flashback, she'd be perfect.

I reckon i got at least two more chapters left before the story is complete, though i have no clue on how i'm going to finish it.

Comments ( 31 )

Derpy is the beat vamp-pomy:pinkiehappy:

This was so totally awesome. I loved the fact that Ditzy "Derpy" is a Vamp-Pony. As Dash would say "this is totally sweet."

I was smothering laughter the whole time after twilight came down the stairs:rainbowlaugh:

Derpy and transforming JUST so the muffin will last longer
Just saying that is mundane as all get out

and here I figured Pinkie would have already known or at least suspected:facehoof: Derpy was a HECK of a surprise, though really that part about her transforming to make the muffins last longer really isn't that stupid an idea if you stop and think about it. it'd be like any of us with a two-story cake, with foot and a half thick frosting:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Derpy, really, I always though of her as chaos Pony, a pony who have a gift from discord and so she ends up chaotic and clumsy, I am not sure do her being Vampony suit her, but I will go along with it.

As for prank again Pinkie, not bad, not bad at all.

Only two morehapters? Aaaaw :fluttershysad:. Well make it count. And I definitely won't be angry if you'll write even more.

I'm looking forward to more.
great job on scaring the fur off Pinkie.

More please :applecry:

Great story, but
SPOILER ALERT COVER UR EYEBALLS!!!
Derpy shouldn't be a vampire. She should be a werewolf or normal.

2478082
:ajbemused: :facehoof:
what you just said, Is Not Spoiler :flutterrage:
This is a fic about vampire ponies, hence the title, not a fic about various mythical fairy tail creatures.
That comes later:raritywink:

2482017
Sorry I am new to this "supernatural" thing.
Edit: Was the fairy "'tail" a pun or a typo?

love the story

hope more to come

2482017 listen I must have more more more more more :flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage: finish this book or surfer a fate worse than death I will put up a not like comment

:flutterrage: WE WANT MOOOOOOOOOOOAAR:flutterrage:

So....when are u going to finish it?

Btw, my guess is that Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are the ones who'll get turned. I don't see Applejack and Fluttershy wanting it.

So are you going to finish it ?:rainbowhuh:

MAOAR!!!!!!! please?

Well, it doesn't look like there'll be an update for this, but it was good while it lasted :derpytongue2:

PLEEEEAAAASE update! I'm loving this book and I can't wait for more. :twilightsmile: :pinkiehappy:

When is this going to update?

man if they all get turned into vamponies Celestia can spin that the Elements of harmony have adversely affected their lives giving them near imortality

Yanking the curtain open the sunlight from the setting sun spilled into the room, hitting Twilight straight on. Screaming loudly Twilight slowly turned to mist "NOOO, Pinkie why? We were friends. What a world."
As the mist disapeared Pinkie sat down "Oh Twilight, I'm sorry" she said again
Pinchy knee
"That's ok" Twilight said behind her, making her scream and jump to the ceiling again.

tellnig.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/laugh.jpg

y u do dis turning them all into vamponies just dont make no scene ta me but you k now ill keep reading anyway aint got nothing better to do with my time

I look forward to the next chapter... Although I have a very long reading list so it might be a while before I get back to this story.

7407693
Ah!
An all to common phenomenon with online stories.

I think that the fact I read on a tablet might have been what kept me from noticing dates.

Are you going to add more chapters to this story? Because i love the story so far! :twilightsmile:

8570414
its time alive vs physical development.
if they stop ageing at 18, and twi is 60, then shes physically 19.
when she looks 50, she will be around 1500.

9672851
Yeeeeea, math is not my strong suit.

8944390
I may have worded and mathed wrong, but when I said 3000 yrs old, I meant mentally she would be 3000 yrs old.

Login or register to comment