• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 5,132 Views, 129 Comments

Starbloom Chronicles - L_Wolf



A new filly arrives in Ponyville, and Twilight seems to know her.

  • ...
2
 129
 5,132

Family Apprication Day

Chapter 12

After lunch had ended and everyone had gone back into the school house they sat down and got ready for the rest of the school day. They still had an hour before Twilight would arrive for her presentation for Family Appreciation Day so Ms. Cheerilee gave them the hour for silent reading.

The hour passed pretty quick and Twilight arrived at the school coming into the room. "Good afternoon Ms. Cheerilee," Twilight greeted smiling before turning to the class giving them a smile as well. "Good afternoon class. It's nice to see you all today."

"Good afternoon Twilight, say good afternoon class." Ms. Cheerilee said pleasantly before addressing the class, who replied with a cheerful 'Good Afternoon', before Ms. Cheerilee looked back to Twilight. "So Ms. Sparkle what are you going to tell the class about today?"

Twilight smiled at Cheerilee, looking over at her. "Well, Ms Cheerilee I thought about that for a long time." She said floating her saddle bags off her back and placed it on the ground opening it she took out her Element of Harmony crown and rested it on her head. "As you know, I studied for years under Princess Celestia, I moved here to Ponyville, became an Element of Harmony, and stayed to study the Magic of Friendship." She continued before taking a seat in front of the class.

"After thinking about it long and hard I decided I wanted to talk about the magic of friendship and friendship itself," She started looking over at Starbloom who smiled at her and nodded faintly. Twilight gave her a smile back before continuing to speak. "Friendship is a wonders and powerful thing. It binds up ponies together love and harmony, and there is all different types of friendship, the bond of friendship in a small group of close friends or the love of family."

"The magic of friendship can be sparked between as little as two ponies or a large group of ponies. So long as there is caring and understanding in the group," She continued smiling at the class looking at them closely before she went on, "If they are your true friends that bond will be very hard to break."

"My group of friends, some of them you have probably meet, are all different with different likes and hobbies. But we are all friends and get along great. Sometimes we have fights but in the end we are all friends. Not even Discord could change that in the end," She said smiling at the class before moving to her feet. "Thank you all for listening to me, and I hope you will consider what I said class. Ms. Cheerilee, thank you for having me."

For a moment the class was quiet before clapping the hooves together for Twilight, though Silver Spoon looked more then a little unhappy with a sour look on her face like she had bitten into a lemon. Diamon Tiara however was happy, smiling at Noi before looking back up at Twilight clapping her hooves more.

"Glad to have you today Ms. Sparkle, thank you for coming. I think your lesson on Friendship went over very well." Ms. Cheerilee said before looking out over the class. "If you would like to wait a moment I'll dismiss the class and you can walk home with Starbloom." She continued before speaking to her class. "Alright class, that is all for today, have a good day."

"Good bye Ms. Cheerilee," the class said together as they got up and started to gather everything together and get ready to leave. Starbloom packing her saddle bag and placing it on her back before saying good bye to her friends. She made her way over to Twilight smiling up at her.

"Are your ready to head home Starbloom, or do you want to walk home with your friends?" Twilight asked looking down at her. "I can take your saddle bags home if you want to hang out with your friends." She offered smiling at her.

Starbloom considered the idea for a minute and smiled. "I think, I would like to explore friendship with my close friends for a while," She said smiling as she moved closer to her Twilight. Twilight looked confused for a moment then smiled at her. "Alright, let's go home then," She said as the two left the school and started to head home.

"How did everything go today Starbloom?" Twilight asked as the two walked towards the library. "No issues I hope," she made a detour heading to Sugarcube Corner to stop off and get a snack.

"No issues at all mom, I apologized to Silver Spoon, she accepted, more or less.... and Diamond Tiara apologized for all her teasing and seems to changing her ways." She said smiling at Twilight. "I'm glad Scootaloo is doing better to, she seems happy living with Rainbow Dash."

"Glad Silver Spoon accepted your apology and Diamond Tiara is being nicer to you." Twilight said as they went inside and found a table to sit at, the place had a small seating area, though not typically known for dine in business. "Yea, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo seem to be doing alright together. Still a little early to tell how things will go with them though."

Pinkie Pie came over, smiling bright. "Hi Twilight, Starbloom, what can I get for you two today?" she asked in her typically happy and cheerful manor. "We're having a special on these amazing banana nut muffins today if you'd like one of those."

Starbloom and Twilight both took a minute to consider what they wanted before Twilight looked up at Pinkie first and spoke. "I'll have a cup of rose tea, and one of your banana nut muffins." She then looked over to Starbloom, "What about you Starbloom, what would you like to have?"

"I'll have a strawberry tea, and a slice of carrot cake," she said smiling at Pinkie Pie before looking back over at Twilight who nodded at Pinkie.

"Okay dokay! Coming right up." Pinkie said before bouncing off to the kitchen to get what Starbloom and Twilight ordered. It didn't take to long before she got everything and make her way back out with the tray balanced carefully on her head setting it on the table. "Here you go. Enjoy, if you need anything else just ask." She said before making her way to go back to work.


"So, Starbloom honestly, are you happy with things have turned out since coming to this world and this Ponyville?" She asked sipping her tea quietly. "All things considered I mean, I know there have been a few rough patches of course."

Starbloom tilted her head faintly looking at Twilight but nods at her smiling. "Of course mom, I am happy with things have turned out. Honestly I couldn't be happier.... of course I wish thing had turned out differently. Even with the rough patches things have been great, I have you as an amazing mom, I have great friends as well."

Twilight smiles at Starbloom sipping her tea again. "I'm glad to hear that, I know it hasn't been easy for you... I couldn't imagine having gone through what you have and still remaining as happy as you are." She said before taking a bite of her muffin.

"I had help, you, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle.... Princess Celestia and Luna when I first arrive," She said softly sipping her milkshake looking at her cake before looking. "Honestly I was a wreck when I first got here... Princess Luna was convinced I had gone insane from the dimensional transfer. It took almost two days for me to calm down."

Twilight nodded quietly as she listen to Starbloom while she spoke but remained quietly letting her speak. "When I first woke up, I was in a royal guest room, under guard of course. I was convinced I was to be executed... every time Princess Luna or Princess Celestia tried to come near I started to stream and ran away trying to hide from them," She said, causing Twilight to chuckled softly imaging Luna and Celestia's reaction to Starbloom actions. "I would only eat if I saw one of them or a royal guard try the food first. Eventually though, I started to understand they were just trying to help me."

"Once I did calm down enough though, they explained I was here, in this world, and that you had offered to help take care of me and get me settled, or I could of stayed in Canterlot and study under Celestia and Luna" She said smiling eating a small piece of her cake. "So once I was strong enough and had recovered I decided to came here to Ponyville."

Twilight smiled at her and nods sipping her tea, "I'm glad you did decide to come to Ponyville and stay with me." Twilight said, she didn't know Celestia and Luna offered to let her stay in Canterlot, but she was glad Starbloom decided not to stay with them.

"I'm sure things would of been pretty different if I did stay in Canterlot, I doubt I would of have such great friends or a great mom either," Starbloom said smiling at Twilight finish her cake and sipping her drink. "I'm glad I decided to come to Ponyville as well. My world or this world... Ponyville is my home now."

Twilight nodded as she finished her muffin quietly smiling at her, it was true. She couldn't imagine going back to Canterlot to live now. She had so many friends here, she had family in Canterlot of course, but her friends and her home was in Ponyville now. "I know how you feel Starbloom, I couldn't picture myself living anywhere else anymore." Twilight said smiling. "Speaking off, ready to go?" She asked moving to her hooves.

Starbloom nodded and moved to her hooves as well, Twilight putting the bits for the bill on the table as well as some for a tip before both left Sugercube Corner and made there way to the Library. Starbloom moving over and leaned against Twilight softly. "I love you, mom." Starbloom said looking up at her smiling.

Twilight paused for a moment before looking at Starbloom and smiles back feeling her heart melt and a few tears forming in her eyes. "I love you to Starbloom," She said leaning back against her gently as they walked back home.

Comments ( 44 )

2764395 Okay.... I'll admit that is awwww :twilightoops:

2764518 Diamond Tiara could sell more filly scout cookies than Noi. :moustache:

Didn't read ANY of this, except the chapter title. Just letting you know, you spelled Appreciation wrong.

2763289 Aww..she is very cute. :twilightblush:

2764101 Lol.. I agree or I know, let endure a time loop of songs by Pinkie Pie. :pinkiehappy:

Now that is a beautiful and touching ending. That bond of friendship Twilight has with everypony plus Starbloom with her friends shall never be broken. :pinkiehappy:

Twilight's lecture on friendship was a it... Short. And why the heck would she EVER bring the Element of Magic?!? Cut the Element mention, and lengthen the lecture. Maybe Cheerilee could cut it short by saying they have to go home?

2764556 I spelled it wrong again? :facehoof: Dangit

2764722 Thanks, glad ya liked it. :twilightblush:

2764781 Not sure why I had her bring the element of magic. :twilightoops: But the short length of her lecture is because it's really all I could think having her say. I'll probably go in and do some corrections to this chapter later today after I wake up a bit more.

NUUUUUUUUUUUU. STARBLOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!! C-...COME BAAAACCKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! :fluttershbad:

2767545 I will start up a new story, later. A kind of in between story between this story and Mare Do Well. Maybe set a year or so after this one.

2767581 :pinkiesad2: My...my Starbloom will come back?

2767594 Yea, though I'm not sure when I'll start on the new story. I might do a revisionist version of this one first. Correct the mistakes, and everything. Like I did with Twilight's Sleepless Night.

2767669 :yay: STARBLOOM!!!!!!!!

2873456 They more or less have a silent agreement that Starbloom would be raised as a filly. Though Twilight and Starbloom had some conversations as equals. Specially If there is an issue Starbloom and Twilight have to go over.

Starbloom has memories and mentality of Twilight Sparkle from her old life but she slowly lost her mentality, specially when hanging around the CmC and at school.

stablum is sooooo prety think i luv her mor then noi

2874100 Glad you like Starbloom, she is my first OC, other then my little icon I made for here.

2874262 srry but starblum is cute then ur poni

planning any sequels ???

3029845 I do have a squeal in mind, not the Return of Mare Do Well, which is kind of a squeal, but something more direct. Just not sure when I'll get around to that one. :twilightsmile:

3112056 Mmm....? You know I never thought of the Detective Conan reference till you brought it up. :twilightsmile: But that is a pretty cool link not that you mention it.

As for the magic build up itself, I thought it really made sense that if they can't use the magic they store up it could become dangerous to them. :twilightsmile: Nice to see someone else thinks the same thing.

3112137 Mmm that's an interesting theory on Pinkie Pie. :pinkiesmile: Would explain a lot about her.

3112213 yep here is my full detailed out look on why pinkie pie can do what she does

Okay my head cannon of pinkie pie and why she does what she does is that she was born as a unicorn, yea I know that a bunch of people have thought the same thing; but as I said mine is very detailed so hear me out.

It starts out like this when pinkie pie was born she originally had a horn on her head, but for any number of reasons it was surgically removed soon after, be it because her father didn’t want a unicorn in the family or some crazy doctors experiment.

Any way in the first year of an infant’s life their bodies are pretty much getting used to themselves and adapting to changes both internally and externally. This is probably why unicorn foals have sudden magical surges or pegasi have surges of energy allowing them to fly. Their bodies are reacting to the latent magic within their bodies and finding an outlet for it, be it through the wings giving flight or a horn making magic.

So in theory if a unicorn foal didn’t have a horn to be used as an outlet then the body would need to adapt in other ways, and since unicorn magic is adaptable to the magic’s of the other races(the cloud walking spell for example)the foal would be able to connect to the earth like an earth pony.

Then pinkie pie would grow up believing herself to be a normal earth pony until the day came when she witnessed the sonic rainboom first hoof, the rainboom causing a similar reaction inside her body as it did twilight and unlocking abilities that no normal earth pony could have. She would then spend a couple of months maybe even a couple of years getting used to and figuring out each of her abilities before moving to ponyville where her special talent and her abilities would be much more useful

3112623 That is a very good and well thought out head canon. :pinkiehappy:

3112994 yes I believe that I succeeded where twilight failed, but then again she only tried to prove that what pinkie pie does was impossible not how to do it:twilightoops:

3118278 Yep, Twilight can be really silly sometimes. :twilightsmile:

3319380 Thank you. :twilightsmile:

Aside from grammar and structure, the only real problem I had with this story was that twilight and starbloom never really acknowledged the fact that they were the same people. I guess that would have been awkward, but it's completely ignored. It's as if starbloom was just some criminal, and not an only slightly removed twilight sparkle.

Other than that, I found it to be a very enjoyable story. Could have use a bit of work and was very rough around the edges, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

3322455 Glad you enjoyed the story regardless of it's flaws. :twilightblush:

This was a very interesting story and I found it to be quite enjoyable.:twilightsmile:
The only real issuses I had were that the story did not delve deep enough into 'Starblooms' emotional problems.:unsuresweetie:
I mean she accidently killed spike, was stripped of her magic, dropped into another world, adopted by herself, and had to form a whole new circle of friends.:rainbowderp:
Yet the story does not explore any of those emotional problems too deeply, or even at all in some cases.:duck:
Don't get me wrong it is a good story that deserves more attention, but it could have been so epic if those issuses were addressed.:pinkiesad2:

Oh well...here's a like and a fav!:pinkiehappy:

3364170 Hmmm, I can see that. Some of that was dealt with in Twilight's Sleepless Night and I did plan on doing a story covering the 3 weeks she spent in Canterlot. I just never got around to writing it. :facehoof:

This was a really good story it gets a like and a fave! Though it does need some editing for grammar errors here and there, but other wise it was really good!:pinkiehappy:

3423859 Yea this one is next on my list for editor treatment once Twilight's Sleepless Nights is finished. :twilightsmile:

3787820 I'm sorry. :fluttershyouch: I'll try to do better. My editor hasn't had a chance to get to this one to help.

3788566
Well that's understandable then, it doesn't by any means make the story unreadable, it's just kind of annoying. But grammatical shortcomings aside, I like the story.

3789808 Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy the story despite the flaws in grammar. :twilightsmile:

If they love each other, and are the same person, isn't that narcissism?:rainbowderp:

4002437
Hmm... never thought of it like that, I suppose it could be viewed like that... However, Twilight and Starbloom view each other as different ponies. Starbloom looks at Twilight as a mother, and Twilight looks at Starbloom as a daughter. They don't seem themselves when they speak to each other.

4434691
I'm not to sure about the emotions, I did my best with those.
Though Starbloom not being so worked up when she arrived, there was suppose to be a three week gap between the last story and this one and I did plan on doing a story that fit explained what but I never had the time to get it done.

The reason she is a filly is do to the amount of magic it took to transport her. She does have to live with what she did, and it is hard on her. But it is one she accepts for what she did. But I can see how it some view it as crueler then the dungeon.

4457824 Thank you, I'm glad you like it. :twilightsmile:

Well, finally got through this one as well, after a while.

A very fine sequel to begin Starbloom's saga with, picking up the pieces left from the first story. It brings up very interesting subjects, a grown mare now stuck in a filly's body while put under the care of a somepony who is practically herself. I like how Starbloom and Twilight hit it off, easily agreeing and understanding one another very well, since they are practically the same person just from different fates.

You have a good sense of building up to drama, putting in hints like the sub-plot with Scootaloo. The backside is that you are not very good with the pay off. You do a good building up to Scootaloo's plot part, but the whole issue is revealed and solved in the same chapter and then glazed over fast like it was nothing. It is a good idea, I like it as an alternative take on Scootaloo's family situation other than the usual "she's an orphan" excuse just because we never seen her family in the show. But then you just rushed through and everything was solved and all a-okay. Yes, it wasn't taken into an extreme either like many would write it just for sob-points, but it could have been taken a bit more serious.

I do like the development of Diamond Tiara, giving her a chance of being something else than just a pure bully, showing she's just pony too. Although it feels small parts of her personality got changed by it. A filly doesn't give up the tendency of arrogance in her way of being that easily. It can still be done in a manner that still leaves her a likable character, but in this she seemed to change just to be like everyone else in behavior and way of talking within a short time. Still I like it as a turn of events to put your own take on how things go in a Ponyville with Starbloom.

With writing and spelling.. I still see the long on going sentence of describing every detail of the ponies' actions, repeating of words and phrases where you could really need to broaden your vocabulary. Find words that could replace those you use a lot, to make it sound less repetitive. A few places you missed a word or a few letters, especially at the end I had a few sentences I had a hard time understanding fully because they seemed to have been written in a hurry and not proof read. But still a good read overall.

I like your ideas for these stories and how Starbloom gets to grow as her own character. A development of a grown mare getting a new chance as a filly. Still the person she was before but somehow getting used to be just a filly instead and take the chance of a new life from the basic beginning. Although I could imagine her time at school a bit different. Looking at how Twilight is a skilled scholar obsessed with being right and punctual I would imagine her being more worried about tardiness than getting late for school so often, as well finding classes at such young filly stages to be a bit more hard to play on same level as without slipping that she truly knows that more.

But, that's just me nitpicking again. Still an interesting story, you just need to learn how to play more deeply with the concepts you present us too. Keep up the good work though.

5197617
Yea, I did improve with this one, but it is still an early work. I need to find someone who is up for doing a deep revision and proof-reading with it. I did glance over a few that I should of expanded on. Like Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara's personality shift.

Yea, the ending was a bit rushed I needed to spend more time working on it. I had a hard time getting focused on it and getting what I wanted out onto the page.

She does have a hard time with school, trying not to slip up and show how smart she is. I can't remember how she ended up getting late for school, but if I remember right she started over sleeping. :twilightblush:

Glad you found it interesting, I will do my best to go more deeper into concepts when they come up.

6199864 Crime in Starbloom's world is rare, but when it happens punishment is fast and harsh.

It wasn't so much the killing of Spike or burning down the library during the accident, it was the attack on the royal guard when she was fleeing. Starbloom though blames herself for Spike's death, and has a hard time forgiving herself for it.

Celestia on the other hand, regrets having to have punished Starbloom for her actions, but she does have to uphold the law, even if it is very harsh on crime.

Login or register to comment