• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 5,132 Views, 129 Comments

Starbloom Chronicles - L_Wolf



A new filly arrives in Ponyville, and Twilight seems to know her.

  • ...
2
 129
 5,132

Unicorn Magic - Aftermath

Chapter 9

Starbloom made her way into the bathroom and looked out the window quietly before reaching over and turned the on the water. She looked out in the direction of the school wondering what had come over her to make her react so violently towards Silver Spoon. If she wanted to she could of seriously hurt her.

She took a deep breath and pushed the idea into the back of her mind before turning to bathtub and climbed in pulling the shower curtain closed relaxing under the hot jets of water. She closed her eyes and smiled, having missed her bath this morning it felt nice to feel the water flow over her coat and mane.

She picked up her scrub brush and ran it over the bar of soap a few times before starting to scrub her right side and flank, she could of used her magic but she had gotten use to using her muzzle to do this. Flipped the brush around to do her other side and flank.

Once she had finished her sides and flank she took the brush in a hoof and added more soap before doing her back with the scrub brush letting the shower water and soap run down her legs to wash them off. If she had gotten real dirty should would of had to scrub those as well.

Now that her coat had been cleaned off she pressed head against a lever to release some mane wash onto her head and reached up with her hooves to scrub her mane clean before turning to scrub her tail clean with left over mane shampoo.

After letting the shower rinse her off and she was clean, she turned the shower part off and plugged the tub settling onto all fours to relax into the slowly rising water. She rested her head on the sidewall of the tub closing her eyes, when she felt the water had risen enough she turned the water off and let her mind wander as she relaxed.

Starbloom remained in the tub until Twilight knocked on the door. "Starbloom, you have a visitor. Please come down stairs." She heard Twilight call to her from the other side of the door. She could only guess as to who it was, it could of been Ms. Cheerilee with Silver Spoon and her parents, or her friends.

She sighed softly letting the water out of the tub before getting up and shaking herself off before climbing out and drying herself. She wasn't sure if she really wanted to see any of them right now, she came out of the bathroom and made her way down the stairs carefully looking out into the main hall of the library. She was abit more relieved to see it was just Sweetie Belle waiting.

Sweetie Belle heard Starbloom and turned to look up at her smiling. "Starbloom, are you alright?" she asked turning to face her as Starbloom made her way down the stairs. "I brought your saddle bag home for you, and wanted to check on you. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo wanted to come to but... I thought it best if it just one of us first."

Starbloom sighed but smiled at Sweetie Belle nodding at her, "Thank you Sweetie Belle, and I'm alright. I'm sorry if I scared you or the other girls. I don't know what happen or why I attacked Silver Spoon like that, I hope she's ok." Starbloom said as she came over and sat down on a cushion.

Sweetie Belle followed her to the cushion and sat across from her. "She is alittle shaken up but Ms. Cheeriliee said she'll be alright. She got off lucky though, so did you, we had to sit through another of Filthy Rich's boring business lectures." Sweetie Belle groaned softly but stopped seeing Starbloom frown. "Sorry Starbloom."

Starbloom sighed again shaking her head smiling faintly, "It's alright Sweetie Belle. From the way you talk about them they sound pretty bad. Just wish I had gotten out of it in a different way. I'm just glad Silver Spoon didn't get hurt, she might be a bully but hurting her or any pony isn't a good thing." Starbloom said closing her eyes remembering her Spike.

Sweetie Belle looked a little confused at Starbloom tilting her head faintly, "How did you learn to do that kind a magic anyways, I mean I know your a unicorn but your younger then I am and I haven't even learned basic levitation yet. I'm not even sure what type of magic you used."

Starbloom looked up at Sweetie Belle and bit her bottom lip, it was getting hard to keep up the lie, specially around Sweetie Belle, she might seem a little clueless most of the time. But the little unicorn could be perceptive if she wanted to be. "I studied a lot in Canterlot...." she sighed and shakes her head. "Look Sweetie I'm gonna tell you everything but please keep it to yourself, even from Scootaloo and Apple Bloom okay? I'll... tell them when I'm ready."

Sweetie Belle looked confused at first but after a moment she nods at her. "Alright Starbloom I promise I'll keep it a secret. I wont tell anyone, not even Scootaloo or Apple Bloom." She figured it must be something big if she wanted to keep a secret from the other members of the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Starbloom took a deep breath to relax before she spoke, "I'm Twilight Sparkle, from another dimension. When I was brought here, I ended being turned into a filly..." she reaches back and rubbed one of the gray patches of fur on her flank before looking at Sweetie Belle.

Sweetie Belle was quiet for a few minutes before tilting her head and looked at Twilight who was nearby watching and listening to them talk. Twilight nodded at Sweetie Belle letting her know everything Starbloom had said was true. Sweetie looked back at Starbloom. "How... how come you're here though?" was all she managed to think to ask.

Starbloom bit her bottom lip before she answered the question. "I.... I committed a crime, it was an accident in the lab here in the library. That's why I don't have a cutie mark, or my horn. Celestia striped me of both as punishment... how I got here though I'm still not to sure. I dreamed that Twilight, this world's Twilight, used her magic to bring me here." Starbloom said look over at Twilight and smiled at her.

Twilight came over and smiled back at Starbloom before looking at Sweetie Belle before speaking to both of them. "Actually, it was Princess Luna.... I never told you or anypony else, but the Luna in your world told me your Celestia was distressed over the judgment she had pass so she gave Luna permission to dream walk and bring you to this world. With the aid of this worlds Luna."

Starbloom tilted her head faintly before nodding at Twilight smiling. "I see, thank you for telling me." she said to Twilight before looking at Sweetie Belle, "That's... how I know the magic I do, but it's been limited to mostly levitation right now. I have to learn a lot of it over again."

Sweetie Belle was quiet for a minute, and Twilight went back to her desk letting the two have some privacy. "I'm sorry that happen to you Starbloom. I don't know what I would do with out my horn." She said as she reached up to rub her own horn a little before looking at Starbloom. "And you also lost your cutie mark. That explains why you looked so hurt when Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon teased you."

Starbloom nodded at her softly. "Yea, it is. It just reminded me of what happen and why I don't have one anymore. I can handle being a filly again, and meeting so many great friends like you and Apple Bloom and Scootaloo." She said smiling at Sweetie Belle. "I'm glad you came to visit, if you want I can walk you home so we can explain to Rarity why your late getting home, if you haven't told her already."

"That sounds good Starbloom, I would like that. I came right over here so I didn't tell Rarity. I'm sure she's worried by now," Sweetie Belle said with a soft giggle smiling. "But I think she'll understand when we tell her."

Starbloom nods at Sweetie Belle and headed to her room to put her saddle bags away, she looked at the head band and took a deep breath. She grabbed the silver threaded band and put it on her head fixing the gem into place shuddering at the magical energy rush through her body before heading down stairs.

"I'm ready, if you are Sweetie Belle." Starbloom said smiling at her. Sweetie Belle got up and smiled following Starbloom to the door, Starbloom used her magic to open the door letting Sweetie Belle head out first before turning to Twilight, "I'll be home soon, mom." she said before closing the door catching Twilight look over and smile at her.

"What, does it feel like?" Sweetie Belle asked Starbloom as they started to walk to Rarity's place, "To use magic I mean, I've only had small bursts of energy. I never used magic itself."

"It's..." Starbloom started before stopping to think of the best way to explain it, "It feels like a rush of energy, like when lighting hits the ground nearby and you get that tingle all over." She said hoping that was a good explanation, honestly it was hard to explain the feel of magic coursing through her.

"Oh, I don't know if I ever remember feeling that before." Sweetie Belle said as she though about it. "Would it be hard to learn how to do some magic, like levitation? Rarity keeps telling my I'm to old not to know how to do that yet." Sweetie continued with a frown the idea of studying not really appealing to her.

"It's not that hard, once you start it's pretty easy to pick up. As a unicorn basic levitation almost becomes second nature pretty quickly." She said before coming to a stop looking around she floated over a rock and sits it on the ground in front both of them. "Go a head and give it at try, focus pushing your will through your horn and out to the rock, going around the rock and lifting it up."

Sweetie Belle looked at Starbloom, then over to the rock nodding, she concentrated on the rock, her horn flickering a few times as the rock took on a green aura, after a few moments the rock lifted up as Sweetie Belle's horn was light up in a green aura of magic. "I.. I did it!" She squealed excitedly, her concentration faltering and rock dropping back to the ground. "Awww... I had it to."

Starbloom smiled at Sweetie Belle and giggled softly, before she spoke to her. "It's a very good start though Sweetie Belle, you need to keep some concentration on the task but with practice you'll get it and be levitating stuff like a master. After that it's simple manipulation of what your levitating, for writing, or working on things like Rarity does with her dresses."

Sweetie Belle looked at the rock and muttered to herself "Dumb rock," before looking at Starbloom and smiled nodding as they started to walk again. "I think I understand what you mean about feeling the surge of energy to. It's.. hard to explain, kind of a warm tingle all over. I'll practice though and learn how to levitate, maybe then Rarity will let me help her around the shop more." Sweetie Belle said more determined then ever to learn how to levitate things.

Starbloom smiled but sighed giggling softly. "I'm sure you will Sweetie Belle," she said as they reached the Boutique, she let Sweetie Belle open the door, Sweetie tried to use her magic, though all she managed to do was rattle the handle around before giving up and using her hooves to open it.

Sweetie Belle let Starbloom head inside first before following her in and pulled the door closed. "Rarity I'm home, I'm sorry I'm late but I have a good reason I promise." She called out to her sister.

Rarity came down stairs, her mane frazzled and threw her arms around Sweetie Belle in her dramatic fashion. "Oh Sweetie Belle darling I was so worried when you didn't come home right away. This reason of yours better be very good.... oh you brought a guest?" she said finally taking notice of Starbloom standing nearby. "Starbloom, how nice to see you again my dear. How are you feeling?"

Starbloom smiled at Rarity and nodded at her faintly. "I'm doing well thanks to Sweetie Belle, I had a rather rough day though." Starbloom told her smiling over at Sweetie Belle who was still trapped in Rarity's hug.

Rarity frowned abit as she heard about the rough day and motioned for them to have a seat. "A rough day you say? Please, do tell me about it and how my darling Sweetie Belle helped you feel better." Rarity said as she took a seat and settled herself comfortably smoothing out her mane. "Sweetie Belle, please be a dear and bring the tray of treats and tea."

"It's okay Rarity, I got it." Starbloom said, her gem stone flaring and her magic released into the kitchen finding the tray and floated into the sitting area placing it carefully on the coffee table. "I do need to get back into practice and learn control again." She said softly blushing faintly, "I am sorry if I over stepped any boundaries."

Sweetie Belle watched in amazement as the tray of treats floated in from the kitchen and placed itself on the table. She moved to take a seat next to Starbloom and smiled over at Rarity. "Wow Starbloom, that was amazing. Will I be able to do that if I practice more with my magic?" she asked looking hopeful.

Starbloom was about to say something in reply to Sweetie Belle but Rarity spoke up first. "Your magic Sweetie Belle? Are you starting to actual practice and learn?" She asked before looking over to Starbloom, "And it's no problem at all Starbloom."

Starbloom smiled and Sweetie Belle grinned nodding at her. "I'm learning to levitate, Starbloom showed me how. But I'm not very good at it," She said then concentrated her magic onto one of the cookies on the tray, her horn glowing more easily this time and the cookie floated up off the tray covered in Sweetie Belle's green aura.

"On my Sweetie darling that's very impressive. Starbloom must be a wonderful teacher." Rarity said watching the cookie float held in Sweetie Belle's magical grasp. "Can you bring the cookie towards yourself or move it anymore then make it hover?" Rarity asked her sister.

Sweetie Belle shook her head no at the question frowning softly. "Not yet, I just learned how to levitate it." She said looking at the cookie suspended in the air in front of her. But she was able to maintain her concentration enough to keep it in the air while talking.

Starbloom smiled at Rarity then over at Sweetie Belle, spoke softly in to her. "Like with bringing it into the air, feel your magic move the cookie how you would move it with your hoof. If you want it to move close to you, feel it move close you."

Sweetie Belle nodding softly and did as she was told, feeling her magic move the cookie with it's force, the cookie flying forward and smacking her in the face. Starbloom and Rarity both winced at the sound of the cookie smacking against her. "That... might of been to much force darling." Rarity said looking at a rather stunned Sweetie Belle with cookie crumbles on her muzzle.

Rarity's magic coming to life and took up a cloth and wiping her face clean. "Anyways, back to the matter at hoof, how come you were late getting home?" Rarity asked as she put the cloth away and floated a cup of tea to herself and took a sip.

Sweetie Belle blinked coming out of the shock of being hit with a flying cookie and looked at Starbloom before looking at Rarity. "I think it might be best for Starbloom to explain what happen first before I tell you why I was late." Sweetie Belle said, thinking it best for Starbloom to tell Rarity what happen school.

Starbloom nodded at Sweetie Belle before using her own magic to get a cup of tea and took a sip taking a deep breath. "I'm, not to sure how much Twilight had explained about me. But I'm sure you know I'm a unicorn by now." Starbloom started and Rarity nodded in reply, "Well, at school today, Silver Spoon, one of the school bullies started to call me a liar, and I... lost control of myself and used my magic on her. Ms. Cheerilee made me go home early from school, and I left my saddle bags in the class room."

"Oh my, I see that explain why you had been upset. But what does this has to do with Sweetie Belle?" Rarity asked, looking at Starbloom then over to Sweetie Belle. "I hope you weren't involved in any of this fighting or anything."

Sweetie Belle shook her head, "No I wasn't Rarity I didn't get involved, Silver Spoon is always teasing us and picking on us. But after school ended I took Starbloom's saddle bag home so she wouldn't loose it, and I wanted to make sure she was okay and make her feel better. That's why I was late getting home."

"I see, well that is very kind of you Sweetie Belle," Rarity said smiling at her, but looked back over at Starbloom. "But if I may I would like to speak with Starbloom in private." Rarity added her smile fading lightly. "Please head to your room and get cleaned up for dinner alright?"

Sweetie Belle looked abit confused at first nodded at Rarity. "Alright Rarity. I'll see you later Starbloom." Sweetie Belle said before getting up and made her way up stairs to her room to let Rarity and Starbloom talk in private.

Starbloom sat quietly watching Sweetie Belle go upstairs before looking back at Rarity letting out a soft sigh placing the tea cup back on the tray. She waited to see what Rarity would say before speaking. "Starbloom, this outburst you had again Silver Spoon, how bad did it get? Did you harm her?"

Starbloom shook her head lightly, "No, I didn't hurt her.... not physically I did project fear into her, and threw her necklace into my world. To be honest I don't even know how I managed to open the portal or project the fear into her... and it does worry me that something like that might happen again." Starbloom said admitting her fears out loud as she laid herself down on the cushions in the seating area.

Rarity watched the small filly quietly and nodded at her slowly. "I understand, it worries me as well. I might not show it all the time, but Sweetie Belle one of my valuable treasures in this world and I would hate to have something happen to her." Rarity said moving around and sits next to Starbloom placing a hoof on her shoulder. " I know you wouldn't do anything to harm her, I hope you can get control of these, outburst, before something happens to Sweetie Belle."

Starbloom looked over at the hoof on her shoulder and smiled up at Rarity nodding at her slowly. "I would never do anything to hurt Sweetie Belle, or any of the other members of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I'll do my best to get control of this problem so I wont hurt her, or anypony else." She said closing her eyes tight against some tears that had started to form. "I don't want a repeat of what happen to Spike...."

Rarity frowned and nodded slowly stroking her shoulder softly. "I know darling, I know... does... did you tell Sweetie Belle? About what happen I mean." She asked softly as her hoof rubbed her shoulder lightly to calm Starbloom.

Starbloom shook her head as she relaxed. "No, I didn't tell her what happen to Spike... I did, tell her who I am and where I came from though. I didn't go into detail though, just that I committed a crime that was an accident. I.. just couldn't keep lying to her and making up stories."

Rarity nodded at her slowly sighing softly, she had wished Starbloom didn't tell Sweetie Belle, but she could see the reason as to why she did tell. "I see, I suppose that it's for the best she knows." Rarity said patting her shoulder before moving back to her cushion.

Starbloom sat up and wiped her eyes with her hooves abit. "Thank you Rarity, for understanding. I think I'll head back to library now." Starbloom said moving to her hooves and stretched herself out taking a deep breath.

"Alright Starbloom," Rarity said moving to the bottom of the stairs and called up "Sweetie Belle, Starbloom is heading home, if you wish to say goodbye to her." There was a thud and the sound of hooves scrambling that caused Rarity to cringe a little before Sweetie Belle appeared at the top of the stairs looking down.

"Good bye Starbloom, I'll see you tomorrow!" Sweetie Belle called to Starbloom waving with a big grin.

"See you tomorrow Sweetie Belle, good bye," Starbloom called back up to her waving in return smiling before she looked over to Rarity, "Good bye Rarity, thank you for the tea, and the talk." She said smiling up at Rarity as she used her magic to open the door and headed out side.