• Published 21st Nov 2012
  • 2,128 Views, 22 Comments

The Transcripts of Deep Cover Operative Spike - Matthais Unidostres



Spike is a deep cover operative for the dragon kingdom, and he has been caught. . .

  • ...
6
 22
 2,128

Alternate Epilogue

Alternate Epilogue

After the last transcript was projected for all to read, the gem projector turned over, an its magical hum gave way to the shocked and surprised whispers of the crowd.

Luna smiled widely, filled with glee. Finally, after thousands of years, she'd get to see a criminal get prosecuted! Sure, there would always be those who broke the law, but high treason? That was rare. And exciting! Luna pranced stiffly back to her big sisters side, now smiling triumphantly so she wouldn't look like a psychopath. She couldn't help but wonder what punishment they'd give this foul little shrimp.

"Spike the dragon," Celestia declared, "What do you have to say for yourself?"

The chained up dragon stared hard at the ground. He sighed, gathered up his courage, and looked Celestia in the eye.

"Celestia, I- Eeeeeyyyaaaaarrrrg!

Spike fell to the ground hard, trembling and breathing heavily.

"SPIKE!!!"

The flash of purple magic as Twilight teleported to the baby dragon's side.

Everypony else could only watch in fear as the little dragon groaned and gasped in pain, while the purple unicorn stood over him with a look of genuine concern on her face. Spike looked up at Twilight, his face grimacing with intense pain.

"What's wrong, please, speak to me!" Twilight cried tearfully, nuzzling Spike's head.

Spike sucked in breath hard and gasped out, "It- it's happening. . .magic power. . . combining. . .evolving. . .now. . .Majesty. . .no tell me. . .so painfuuuullllll- eeeeyaaaack!"

Spike punched the ground hard with both fists, "N-n-n-no! No want. . .Greed Growth again. . .no lose sanity! Me control. . .I control. . .I will control this!"

Spike roared out as an aura of green fire appeared around him, causing Twilight to jump back from the intense heat, a large burn mark on her right cheek.

Spike clutched his head tightly as he continued to rant, "I AM NOT A MONSTER!! I AM NOT A BARBARIAN!! I AM THE PRINCE!"

This exclamation was followed by a tremendous pillar of green fire that shot out from around him. Ponies in the crowd screamed in terror and made a run for the door.

Shinning Armor began barking orders to the royal guard, "RESTRAIN HIM! STOP HIM! DON'T LET HIM ESCAPE!"

Guards flew in from all sides. . .only to be thrown back when the fire pillar exploded outward, revealing an bizarre sight.

Standing in the middle of the room, was Spike. However, he had drastically changed. He was now three times taller, about the size of Celestia. He had sprouted small bat-like wings, the same shade of purple as his scales. His claws had gotten longer and sharper, and his green spikes had reached a size and jaggedness that made them look like a buzz saw. He had grown green, scaly eyebrows, and his snout now protruded out a inch or two.

Spike opened his eyes and gave himself a quick once over.

"I did it. . ." he said softly, then he smiled triumphantly and shouted, "I did it!" Spike's voice had gotten deeper, though not as a deep as when he had gotten bigger from his green growth. It possessed a certainly quality of a powerful young ruler who knew he was unstoppable. Spike's fiery aura died down as he looked at his claws, "I controlled my growth! I willed my body to become what I wanted it! I now am in a form proper for a Dragon Prince!"

Spike raised a claw, and it crackled with green magic.

"All the magic I've absorbed. . .I finally get to use it! After years of incubating and mingling inside my body, it's finally ready! My day has come!"

"SLAY HIM!" Shinning Armor shouted as Cadence cowered behind him in fear.

As the guards charged through the now empty royal courtroom, Spike chuckled.

"Come on, Shinny!" he mocked, "Did you even read those letters? I have powers beyond imagination! Watch!"

Spike's eyes flashed a blinding green, with purple magic streaming out of the corners. Black crystals began to sprout out of the ground all around him. The crystals caught all the unicorn and earth pony guards in an instant. The pegasus guards took to the air, but then the black crystals sprouted out of the walls and ceiling, catching them as well.

Shinning Armor ran towards the dragon with fire in his eyes. The black crystals that sprouted up in front of him were obliterated by magical blasts from his horn. The Captain of the Royal Guard was only a few inches from the dragon, when he disappeared in a flash of green light.

"Show yourself you coward!" Shinning Armor shouted.

All that followed was a soft chuckle, and a disembodied voice:

"Sorry, Shinny, but no. I'd rather not hurt anyone just yet. In fact, perhaps I can fulfill my destiny without any violence, cause after all, I was never supposed to go to war against the ponies."

Twilight got up, her hoof shaking as she touched the burn mark on her cheek. "Spike. . .why?"

"Listen, Twi," Spike's voice said strongly, "I still care about you. A lot. But I have a job to do! A mission! I want to do this! I want to be the Prince! Dragons are so unorganized and uncivilized and divided! I can unite them into one kingdom! One empire! Isn't that awesome! That's why I've been working so hard and doing so much for all these years. Not just gaining magic, but learning from you and Celestia about actually being wise, thinking things through, and running a civilization!"

"You know I love Rarity, and I don't wanna leave you Twi. But this is bigger than you or me, understand! I know I can't explain it to you, so I'll tell you what. Once I've united dragon kind into one glorious empire, I'll come back, and whisk you and Rarity away to my capital city. I'll show you the wonders of it! Remember how excited Rarity was at the Crystal Empire? Well imagine how she'll react to the Dragon Empire! They'll be gems everywhere, and tons of scrolls and books for you to study! Ancient dragon lore! Dragon magic! Don't you see? All of this will be lost if I don't go! And look at me! I'm not a baby anymore! And with all my powers, the dragons will have to listen to me! My Majesty's big, but he's not powerful enough to control every dragon. But I am! I'll make a dragon kingdom with writing, art, religion, social classes, government, and cities! It will be a true civilization.Just wait in see, Twi. Spike out. . . for now. . ."

Then, the echo of Spike's voice faded, and all was silent. Twilight just stood then running her hoof against her burnt cheek, lost in thought. . .

The End?


Which Epilogue do you like better? Which one do you think works the best?

Comments ( 8 )

Like the second one better, made more sense.

The second epilogue should be the official one. All the Dragon ruler wants is to have a civilized ruler who can unite the Dragons and build up a whole kingdom. The best way to do this is to keep good tidings with every other nation using non violent means.

Please make this the official one. And if you are going to do a sequel, (which you most probably will after that ending) you should use this one as the basis to continue the story arc.

I'm not gonna lie, you did a great job. I enjoyed this every step of the way, and I really hope for the sequel soon.

second one was better by far It actually fit spike

second one definitely

The 2nd one makes spike still spike

1668986

Lol, thanks! Those were just some lucky guesses.

And I agree with everyone else, Epilogue #2 is better. Wouldn't make sense to put in all that work for a decent dragon ruler just to muck things up with Equestria after everything is said and done.

And will there be a sequel? I can't wait if there is. There's too much hard feelings between the Mane 6 and Spike, plus the Princesses are definitely going to be sore...

Login or register to comment