• Published 27th Nov 2023
  • 1,658 Views, 20 Comments

Post-Credits - Bicyclette

  • ...
9
 20
 1,658

Epilogue

And it went on.

Comments ( 12 )

This is pretty good. :twilightsmile:

Even though it's built upon a 'simulation argument' and I don't necessarily like most of those...it's also a pretty good shipfic at the same time.

Twilight basically broke her Universe, became God and made a new universe. Then again, and again, and again... And each New iteration created an iteration of itself where the universe inexplicably didn't collapse and kept going on. Each real and fake at the same time because Quantum Mechanics means paradoxes simply ARE.

Yeah, I wish we had gotten Season 3 too. :raritydespair: :raritycry: :fluttercry:

Seriously though, the fact that Twilight broke both universes as Midnight Sparkle is dark and wild at the same time. Technically speaking, that makes this tale an AU, but I'd rather not be that guy who does the whole "Well, exactly..." shtick whenever something off comes up. :rainbowlaugh:

I love how Twi basically made a simulation of the canon events from the end of Friendship Games to the literal end of the show to give her friends some semblance of a good life. All to make up for breaking two universes for the sake of obtaining knowledge.

Fascinating. I'd argue "Knowledge" would also be a very fitting prompt, but this is certainly an unorthodox approach to rule. Thank goodness for that angel on her shoulder acting as a grand vizier. And this is why you don't interrupt the magical girl's monologue. The mahou shoujo rules of engagement are there for a reason.

Thank you for an unflinching yet hopeful look at the end. Best of luck in the judging.

Pffft, okay. "Set up expectations. Aaaaand crush them." Fine, author, fine. :duck: Heh, I should have looked at the word count on the chapter list.

Anyway, I liked this! Thanks for writing it. :twilightsmile:

11760285
Did she break both here? I thought it was just her own?

11760604
Remember, the mirror portal lets one travel to two universes: The one with ponies and the one with Humans. They're mirrors of each other, but they are still different universes.

11760624
...Yes? But what did Twilight do to the one with ponies, here?
This line, for instance:

I pressed a thousand magic eyes against the membrane between our worlds, desperately gathering what data I could.

sounds to me like she didn't do much if any damage to it?

This reminds me of the story Lyra Logs On, especially with that ending.

ELyra Logs On
Welcome to Ponyville, Population One.
shortskirtsandexplosions · 4.3k words  ·  371  9 · 4.7k views

Good Job!

11760954

11760753

I also find it kind of upsetting that we never got a serious series finale despite there being so many ideas for one: the EG girls graduating, how magic would continue to increase in the human world, Sunset meeting her human self, etc. Despite fanfics and artists giving these characters life, I hope that one day Hasbro dredges up this series to give it the finale it deserves.

But this story did a wonderful job of capturing the existential dread of these characters not really getting the 'ending' they need it, with a lonely and powerful Sci-Twi having to 'give' them one to cope with her own loneliness.

Really nice story and an interesting concept, with a bittersweet resolution. I liked the way both Twilight and Sunset were written here.

Technically, the holiday special isn't necessarily the ending of EQG. I believe the "Cheer You On" song came out after, and then there are those shorts that were released in other countries before it but weren't officially released in the US on YouTube until after (in those big compilations). Well, those are clearly just different versions of the story Twilight created.

4 words that changed everything.

Login or register to comment