• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,332 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,332

PreviousChapters Next
Sweet-Filled Meetup

Equestria. Ponyville. SugarCube Corner. Day.

"Pinkie Pie? Hello?" Currently, standing in front of SugarCube Corner this early in the morning, knocking on the doors was none other than Bea, one of Galar's Gym Leaders. There was only one reason that she would be here. The delicious and enticing sweets of SugarCube Corner that were mainly given to her by Pinkie Pie. "She said I should show up at this time. Where is she?"

Bea was itching for some sweets. It was quite the addiction she had and she was hoping very few people and ponies knew about that. So far, only Pinkie Pie and some of her friends had knowledge about Bea's sweet tooth. She even brought empty bags for storing these sweets. Showing up this early in the morning was perfect since not many ponies would be awake by now. But that didn't mean there weren't ponies roaming the streets. Bea made sure to keep a close eye on them.

"Well? What are you doing here?" A voice replied to Bea as she wouldn't go unnoticed at all. She feared that she had been caught by one of Ponyville's residents, but that was not the case. One quick and sharp turnaround and her eyes locked onto a fellow Galar Gym Leader. In this case, it was Nessa. "Why are you just creeping on this building?"

"Oh, it's just you." Bea sighed as she wasn't worried about Nessa spotting her. "Better question is...What are you doing here? You should at least know why I would be here."

"Still eating sweets? I thought you would've grown out of that or at least dialled back your Sweet Tooth by now." Nessa chuckled, pointing out Bea's rather childlike attraction to sweets.

"Never." Bea was adamant in her love for sweet-tasting foods. "And it's sweet-tasting food, not just sweets like toffees and marshmallows and..." Saying those foods was making Bea's stomach growl along with a starving look on her face. "All the great pick and mix options, macarons, Black Forest Cake and Pop Tarts..."

"Alright, I get it. I can't stop you from liking those after all. I'd have to get my hands dirty for that." NEssa cut her off.

"What about you? You're all dressed up casually and showing up at Ponyville of all places. Shouldn't you be managing one of your gyms? Dodge Junction is elsewhere.

"I'm here for one thing. I've been shooting for my spot to stardom and I fell behind when Ash beat me in a Pokemon World Championship Match. That'll change soon enough."

"Oh, right. You went through all the trouble of broadcasting that match to so many and ended up losing." Bea said, making Nessa twitch. "That's embarrassing. But at least it raised your popularity for how Ash defeated you."

"Whatever. You shouldn't overlook his strength or else you'll end up losing to him as well." Nessa flipped her hair. "I figured if I'm going to take his stardom in Equestria, I might as well branch out. Ponyville seems to be the one place he shows up to the most. What makes this place so special anyway?"

"You're about to find out." A smile met Bea's face as the door was beginning to open. At last, her Sweet-filled Paradise would be opened up once more. And indeed, it was a paradise. Pinkie Pie had everything prepared for her indoors as the vibrancy practically made the building glow.

Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies. Cookie Dough Ice Cream with the cone being cotton candy. Angel Food Cake. Banana Split. Sandwich Cookies, Cakes of different kinds and so much more. Beautiful. Even Nessa was impressed, witnessing what it was like to gaze upon SugarCube Corner's food. That other side of Bea that was rarely shown to many had been unveiled once more in the face of this Pastry Paradise.

"T-This is what you're getting?!" Nessa stuttered, baffled by the tasty gourmet that Bea was free to eat at. And considering she was friends with Pinkie Pie, she ends up getting the best of the best. And once everything was seen, at the corner of Bea's eye, she would spot somepony already snacking on one of these foods while Pinkie Pie's voice went off.

"Oh! Daisy, that one's for Bea! Slow down!" Currently, Pinkie Pie was speaking to the Flora Pony Daisy, whose habit of eating whatever interests her has never quite fizzled out. She was still new to the world after all.

"Oh, hey, Bea!" Pinkie Pie greeted as Daisy would immediately stand tall once Bea's name was mentioned. If she hadn't shown up. "And...Nessa?"

"Morning, Pinkie. I've been looking forward to this." Bea smiled before entering the building. She would then be greeted by the Cake Family who were passing by, attempting to manoeuvre past this hodge-podge of sweet-filled foods.

"Just a tad bit late to this but it's worth it, alright. I was gonna have this for when the worlds merged but better late than never." Pinkie Pie explained. "It took a while to make this so it's all yours to eat! And for anyone else who wants to join in."

"Oh, so I can keep eating then? Sweet!" Daisy cheered with glee in her voice. "I bet mom and my sister would love to have some of this as well!"

"By the way, Nessa, why are you here? Looking for Ash?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"That's right. Where is he? He's quite the figure here at Ponyville more than anywhere else so I need to know what he's up to."

"That's a bit obsessive, don't you think?" Bea commented on Nessa's obsession to overcome Ash. That loss she received was certainly impactful due to how big of a deal she made it.

"It's not obsessive." Nessa crossed her arms, denying the obsession behind it. "Not one bit."

"If you're looking for Ash, he might come here with the scent of this delicious food. I had my Slurpuff use Sweet Scent on it to make it all the more attractive. But there's no way you're gonna dethrone him here."

"What makes you so sure?" Nessa questioned. "I have the skills to make it work. I've even been branching out more across Equestria, trying to get my name out there. To be the best Trainer in the world, all obstacles need to be overcome."

"True that, which is why Ash is gonna overcome everyone!" Pinkie Pie grinned, boosting Ash while Nessa put on a disapproving face. "Sorry, but Ash isn't gonna show up until he catches a whiff of this. So, wait here and chow down! There's enough food here to last for hours!" Pinkie encouraged Nessa to give it a go.

"Eat this..."? Nessa grimaced at this overwhelming sight of sweet-filled food. "How can anyone finish this? They'd have to be as gluttonous as a Snorlax."

"Princess Celestia certainly can." Mrs Cake commented after re-entering the room. "If she puts her mind to it. So can Pinkie Pie and even Ash. Unfortunately, the princess has been a bit busy as of recently, trying to reach Magehold where all the vampires can be found."

"That so? I suppose someone that tall can get it done. Maybe someone else from Ballonlea. After all, this looks like something Opal would make."

"Opal? Y-You don't mean...?!" Pinkie Pie shuddered with fear immediately striking her heart. She knew two individuals with the name Opal and both of them were rather terrifying.

The first was the Gym Leader from Ballonlea Opal, who targeted Pinkie Pie for her love of pink. Pinkie Pie would never forget that day. How can such a sweet old lady move at such speeds? It must've been Pinkie's appearance that gave her the strength to do so. And then there was the Vampire from Magehold Opal Vivacity, who has already proven to be quite the issue, causing harm and terror to many others for the sake of fulfilling her cruel desires.

And the extra Opal was Rarity's cat Opalescence but she was fierce in her own way. Vastly different from the other two Opals. And since Nessa was here, Pinkie assumed that she was referring to Galar's Opal.

"Hoh? You seem to know her." Nessa smirked. She saw the fear in Pinkie Pie's eyes when Opal's name was brought up. An opportunity was given and she needed to snatch it at once. "Then, you'll hear my demands. Unless you don't want Opal to come here, you'll bring me Ash at once. I can easily bring Opal here!"

"Mmmm...?!" Pinkie Pie pulled back as Nessa pointed at her.

"You're scared of her too, huh?" Bea said to Pinkie Pie. "I don't blame you. She terrifies us all. I'll never forget that day..." The Fighting-Type specialist shuddered, failing to consume the next pastry as memories of Opal came flooding in. She was a victim too of Opal's Pink Rampage.

It was all so memorable. Opal showed up at Bea's Gym, immediately dressing her and all of Bea's Pokemon in pink. It was a horrifying sight for something to so simple and Bea certainly didn't enjoy this colour, despite her love for sweets, which sometimes appear with pink.

Nessa closed her eyes, shaking a bit as she even had memories of Opal. She knew this from how Pinkie Pie reacted and could never forget the day that Opal swarmed her with pink. She may be fashionable but pink certainly was not her style.

"Hey, what's everyone talking about?" Interrupting the memories of Opal was none other than Ash himself. Just as Pinkie Pie said, he would come solely for the scent of the food. "Mmm...That smells good."

"Pikachu!"

"W-Well...There's no need for that, I guess." Nessa cleared her throat. "Glad you could show up at this time, Ash. "

"Hey, Nessa. Here for a rematch?" Ash greeted one of the Galar Gym Leaders.

"Not at all. I need to change my ranking for that to happen. But if I could have the chance to rematch you right now, I would. I'm here to do other things and Ponyville's practically your hotspot, isn't it?"

"Uh, I guess it is?" Ash scratched his hair. He does come to Ponyville more than most areas in Equestria. The closest was Canterlot. "Wait, you're still going for that popularity thing?"

"Of course I am. I already shared my goal with you and the others, so you should expect this. But again. Don't take it personally. Stardom's what I do. And I'll do whatever I can to usurp you. Before you showed up, I brought up Opal and thought about getting her involved if it meant getting to you."

"She's the uh...That one lady who loves all the pink colours." Pinkie Pie uttered. "I mean, I love pink. Iam pink! So are all of my Pokemon! Well, Spinda's lighter red than pink but you get what I mean."

"Oh, I'd love to see her." But surprisingly, Ash was all for meeting with Opal. "We didn't get to chat that much back there. Plus there was that Galarian Rapidash we saw too which was neat, wasn't it? And I guess wearing all of that pink too."

"Pika-Pika."

"I'm not sure she's that into sweets though. She has a Pokemon for that but aside from that, it's all about pink with her," said Bea.

"Are you sure you want to do it now of all times? Ever since our worlds became one, you won't believe what's happened to most of us Gym Leaders. Well, you already know about the hassle of handling two Gyms at once in my case. But for someone like Opal, she's gone crazy."

"How so?" Mrs Cake asked.

"She used to use the gateways to travel here since Equestria has the most amount of pink that she can think of. I can't image what she did when those gateways were around. But now that they're gone and there's only one left, she's been doing everything in her power to come here frequently." Nessa explained.

"Why's she obsessed though?" Pinkie Pie questioned. "I mean, I love pink as much as the next Trainer but..."

"She's looking for the next Gym Leader. Preferably a Fairy-Type Trainer. Opal's old so she won't be a Gym Leader forever obviously. Equestria's the jackpot she's been waiting for. And unfortunately for you all...you just had to be so colourful." Nessa smirked, revealing the true reason for Opal's obsession.

"Oh joy." Pinkie Pie gulped. This meant that out of everypony in Equestria, there was a good chance she could be singled out. She had 6 Slurpuff which was enough for a full team of six Pokemon. She practically radiated pink and the only ponies she could think of replacing her were Berry Punch and Cheerilee, but they had purple colours more so than pink.

Opal was looking for the standard, full-on vibrant pink that Pinkie Pie unfortunately had. And when she gets here, Pinkie's safety was not guaranteed.

"But I'll admit, Opal is also good at making pastry." Bea smiled, giving props to Opal. "On that same day, she dressed me up in pink, she did entice me with some cake first. That's how she managed to lure me in. I'd recommend trying some of her baked goods. I'd even say they're as good as this."

"I agree." Nessa agreed, implying that she's had a taste of Opal's food before. "Behind that obsession is some of the best food out there."

"Are they that good?" Mr and Mrs Cake collectively said, surprised to hear that this Opal character had food on par with SugarCube Corner. And if it came from Bea's mouth, then her baking had to be outstanding.

"Oh man, now I wanna try it!" Ash and Pikachu's eyes lit up, eager to get a taste of Opal's cooking. "Should we head to Ballonlea then?"

"I think it's best that we bring her here. Leave that to yours truly." Nessa would swiftly whip out her phone from her stylish handbag. Ash, Pikachu and Daisy were rather eager to see what Opal had to offer and by extension, so were Pinkie and the Cake Family.

It has been a while since someone else that was skilled in sweet-filled cooking had shown up. Donut Joe and a few others have been doing their own thing for the past years but SugarCube Corner always managed to get ahead in some way. But this was food from another region, made by humans that weren't Slowpoke Tail, which was a favourable dish among many species. Humans, ponies and Pokemon.


Galar. Glimwood Tangle.

Glimwood Tangle. A Luminous Forest with several, maze-like paths. Though perpetually dark, luminescent mushrooms provide small circles of light at various points on the paths. And currently, three individuals were here. One was familiar due to the nearby town of Ballonlea and the other two were rather big, in terms of fame.

"Oh? Is that so?" Opal was here, speaking to Nessa on the phone. "Well, I was actually planning on doing that myself later down the road. But now is a good time either way. I've had my eye on that town for a while now and have been itching to head there but those gateways just had to vanish at the worst time."

"I'd love to meet up with you again, Opal! I hear you've got some great food!" Ash's voice bellowed through the phone.

"That voice? Oh, isn't that Ash?" And the one with Opal at the moment was none other than Champion Leon. The World's Strongest Pokemon Trainer. He was currently alongside Opal, surrounded by multiple Fairy-Types who were playing with him. Swirlix and Spritzee specifically with one Ghost-Type getting involved. A group of Phantump. "Oh, that tickles, Spritzee!" He would laugh afterwards.

"Is your cooking really that good?" Pinkie Pie's head came into the frame of the Rotomphone, catching Opal's attention.

"Well, well. If it isn't my greatest candidate." Opal's eyes flared after spotting the Pink Pony. Pinkie Pie's entire body shuddered once Opal eyed her down. She was still a candidate for the next Gym Leader of Galar. "I have a bigger reason to come over there. And yes, I do take pride in my skills. What about you?"

"I'd say I'm pretty good at it! So are the Cake Family! Best in Equestria, I promise!" Pinkie Pie said with confidence.

"Then I will have to see this for myself. And then that will only prove that you are the perfect one to take over my spot. I shall come with Leon and a few others if that's alright."

"Leon?! Leon's with you?!" Ash gasped after hearing Leon's name. That was a bombshell of a Trainer he didn't expect to suddenly hear, let alone related to Opal.

"Him and another powerful individual. I'm sure you wouldn't mind joining in, right?" Opal turned to face Leon and the other trainer that was standing next to him. It was someone whose colours were the complete opposite to Opal's.

Exiting from the shadows with a Hattena on his shoulder was none other than the Legendary Trainer from another World that was similar to this. Pokemon Trainer Red. Two powerful trainers were in the same area together and as always, Red stayed silent. But his face spoke a million words as he smiled, immediately accepting this. He heard Ash's voice and that encouraged him.

"It's settled. We will be there as soon as we can. And this time, Leon. You are sticking with us."

"I get it, I get it. I won't get lost this time." Leon scratched his hair. "But it's fun when you're lost. You get to explore some more, right, Red?"

"..." Red nodded in agreement. He could relate. Red's journey has most likely involved him getting lost in certain instances but that only made his journeys all the more fun.

"And when we get there, I propose this. A competition of sorts. A Sweet-Filled Competition. Prepare yourself because I will bring my best. And I expect you and all those new to it to do the same." After that, Opal would hang up the phone.


Equestria. Ponyville. SugarCube Corner.

"Uh, what did she mean by those new to it?" Daisy asked once the call between everyone and Opal came to an end.

"It's one of those things she does. She's so dedicated to getting a new Gym Leader that she'll go the distance to train others in baking. Apparently, one of the job applications for her gym is that you must know how to make delicious pink treats to get in. She did it to us once and...I wasn't that great at it. It made my dress messy but it was fun, I'll admit."

"Ah...That so?" A nervous Pinkie scrunched her face. Just her luck. She was only setting herself up for success. She fit every category that Opal was looking for. Pink, had Fairy-Types and was great at making pink treats. Her specialities were cupcakes and cakes.

"Alright! Leon's coming here so I can expect some great things!" Ash raised his fists. "And I'm gonna make the best food I can possibly make!"

"But Ash. You're horrible at cooking." Mr Cake pointed out,

"Terrible. Dawn came over 3 years ago and shared that with us." Mrs Cake added as they gave Ash the truth. But this was something he knew. He tasted his own food after all.

"I know. But now's the time to improve." And yet, the Alola Champion was ready to rectify that and go beyond what he previously had. That was his speciality. Always improving and being better than what he is. "Just watch. I'll make something awesome and sweet that everyone in Ponyville can enjoy!"

"Pikachu!"

As the journey continues.


Chapter 84 End.

Author's Note:

Get ready for a fun chapter tomorrow.

PreviousChapters Next