• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,332 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,332

PreviousChapters Next
Semblance of Daybreaker

Equestria. Ponyville. The Pokemon House. Nightfall.

It was another night at Ponyville. And compared to what was happening on the other side of this new world, they were lucky to have zero targets on them. Zecora, who was eager to return to the Everfree Forest now that it was fully restored, kept focusing on this elixir that Roseluck had brought her.

"This elixir is unlike anything I've ever dealt with..." Zecora said, sweating while working on the elixir with everything she had, trying to get the rind kind of magic. "But...I can still work around it even with this obscure magic." Zecora would persist. Though the magic was odd to her, she would continue. And so far, her hard work was starting to show.

When working inside the Ghost-Type Room, the elixir began radiating a light glow. It was faint but it was there, appearing as the colour blue. Zecora was getting somewhere without a doubt. It was all a matter of getting it done in time before the worst could potentially happen. But at least, Zecora was getting somewhere.

Team Rocket would peek into the room, watching Zecora work hard. She has been at this for days now while Team Rocket handled everything else over here at the Pokemon House.

"How important is that elixir anyway?" Jessie whispered to her friends. "So important that she's been coupled up in there."

"Those plants are probably worse than what we can imagine," said James. "On the bright side, it'll be back to the Everfree Forest once she's done."

"Bright side?" Meowth thought about it for a moment. There was nothing bright about the Everfree Forest at all aside from Zecora's old home. "Mmm..."

"If I were any good at magic, I'd help out and get this over with." Jessie leaned in further, pressing her face against the cold window that appeared non-existent at first. The window was well-disguised thanks to the Ghost-Types. Anticipating that someday, someone would do this, they anticipated this correctly as Jessie would shiver, nearly screaming at the top of her lungs before James and Meowth covered it for her, preventing anyone from waking up.

"We'll just leave her alone," James replied as he would pull Jessie away, leaving Zecora to her work. During these times, it was best not to interrupt her. Especially when there are violent plants running around, hunting down certain Gym Leaders and launching attacks on towns and cities.


Hoenn. Rustboro City. Nightfall.

Over at Hoenn, two locations were threatened by the Despair Plants. Rustboro City and Dewford Town. Celestia and Luna occupied Rustboro while Nightmare Moon would be at Dewford. Another Despair Plants species had appeared before them in the form of a hydra-like entity.

With all of the Cordyceps fusing into one, Despair Plant Triphyophyllum was born. With Rosa having a view of the two cities and speaking through them, she instantly merged them after Celestia's words struck a nerve. At the moment, Canterlot Guards were present here, helping the confused people and Pokemon leave the scene before things could worsen.

"Celestia...You'll be the first to be plucked out of the sky by my darlings. I've already had a run-in with another you, so you're a prime problem."

"Now, Luna!" But instead of engaging with the Despair Plants, Celestia and Luna would descend to Rustboro City. The Despair Plants would immediately pursue them with their rugged plant wings. However, as Celestia and Luna entered the field of magic, the Despair Plants would find themselves being hit by the field instead.

A radiant light exuded from the barrier with a hint of darkness within it. Celestia's magic was used as a way to inflict damage on these Despair Plants. Once they touched the field of magic, the light would not only push them back but also send shocks throughout their bodies.

Despair Plant Triphyophyllum was held back promptly by this massive shield as it was constantly unleashing rays of light. And as for Luna's magic, it would keep Celestia's magic going by adding energy to it.

"See? I told you it would affect them." Celestia nudged Luna. Her light was potent enough to get a strong reaction out of these Despair Plants.

"Yes, yes. But maybe not for long. Let's hurry." Luna replied as they now had the chance to get a lot done while the field kept the Despair Plants at bay.

"Princess Celestia? Princess Luna?" Leaving her home and gazing at the presence of the Royal Sisters was this town's Gym Leader. Roxanne. "What's going on...?"

"Sorry for the intrusion, Roxanne." Celestia flew over. "But right now, it's important that you should all evacuate here at once before things can worsen."

"Is that...a Despair Plant?!" Roxanne looked up, noticing the horrific Despair Plant army in the sky who kept on bashing their bodies against the field, trying to break through it.

"Afraid so. One of these attacks was launched on not just your city but Dewford Town as well." Luna said.

"Dewford...?" A tired Roxanne repeated before her eyes opened up fully. "Oh no...What Olympia said was true." Reality had kicked in for Roxanne as she slowly backed away while looking up the swarm of Despair Plants. "They are coming for us!"

"Coming for us?" Celestia and Luna repeated before looking at each other and then back at Roxanne.

"They're here for me and Brawly. When we managed to escape...Olympia foresaw something. She foresaw that our encounter with these plants wouldn't be over." Roxanne explained. "And she was right...They tracked us down to our own homes."

"Tracked you down? Is that why they've made little attacks on other places?!" Celestia swivelled her head back to face the Despair Plants. The fewer attacks on other civilizations made sense now. They only made them brief just to get to the places that mattered. For Roxanne and Brawly, it was Rustboro and Dewford. "Olympia and the others might already be dealing with them right now!"

"We'll worry about them later. Right now, you should leave here as soon as possible." Celestia replied. Evacuating everyone so that collateral damage could be avoided was a top priority.

"No. I won't leave." But Roxanne chose not to leave. Instead, she would stay behind. "I didn't flee when I encountered them over at Hearthome and I won't even at my own home."

"Hm...Fair." Celestia couldn't really debate that in any way. After all, Roxanne's strength was nothing to toss aside. "Alright. That field we made should weaken them the more they try."

"That light...It's so efficient on them. Look!" Roxanne pointed out how effective Celestia's light was against the Despair Plants. Each time they based their bodies against the field, the light would burn away parts of them.

"Of course...I'd expect nothing less from Princess Celestia." Rosa Maledicta said with her voice echoing throughout the city, startling everyone. "After all...your magic is one of the few things that I have to worry about. You are to become Daybreaker one day."

"Daybreaker?!" Luna gasped at the mere mention of that name while Celestia merely scowled at it. Indeed, Celestia and Daybreaker, while counterparts, were still the same pony. And that magic potential was still within the Princess of the Sun.

"That's right...Which is why I need to get you out of the way before anyone else! Your field won't keep my darlings back for long! Not when I can throw my influence in!" With parts of her body being healed up after so long, Rosa Maledicta could at last do more than just speak through her Despair Plants and see the locations they have been at.

The Despair Plants would then cease their constant bashing, seeing that was ineffective thanks to the light around the field. With Rosa Maledicta's influence, an aggressive darkness would flare out of their eyes. From their arms, which also resembled mouths, they would then generate a flow of darkness that would start pushing back against the light.

It was another clash between Light and Dark as the darkness started drowning out the light. But there was another form of darkness assisting the light. It wasn't just Luna's magic but also Darkrai, who emerged from the shadows. By using Dark Pulse, Darkrai would throw out a beam imbued with Dark thoughts to help boost up the field.

"Wait...Where is Gardevoir?" Roxanne would soon notice how Celestia's Gardevoir wasn't with her at the moment while Darkrai was helping power up this field.

"We didn't come with small numbers. The guards along with Passion are helping everyone else evacuate both Rustboro and Dewford." Celestia revealed. "But once everyone is out, Passion will be free to chime in with this field. Right now, Darkrai needs our help."

Celestia then turned her attention to the magical field, unleashing a golden beam from her horn. Luna would then follow, unleashing her own beam. These two beams of different colours would fly upwards, meeting with the field. The field would be instantly powered up by the rays, expanding in size as the darkness would be pushed back by the growing light.

The more the Triphyophyllums were exposed to the light the more their hard and rugged bodies would feel the heat grow. Drowning out the light wasn't as easy as they hoped but Rosa Maledicta already knew the challenge that would come with facing the Royal Sisters.

As the people and Pokemon started fleeing the area, they would all turn to witness the dazzling and ominous sight in the sky. The clash between light and dark would a spectacle to witness. Whether it was Celestia's group creating beautiful flares in the sky or even the darkness swallowing all that it could, it was clear that this exchange wasn't something anyone can just be near as it was seemingly intensifying.

Compared to the previous encounters with the Despair Plants, this was the most distant exchange by far as it was all a matter of how could push the other back.

Rosa Maledicta, using the eyes of the Despair Plants, would mainly focus on Princess Celestia more than anything. Her previous comment about how Celestia was an obvious threat to her mainly to Daybreaker's existence. By this Celestia's magical capabilities had grown far beyond what she originally had thanks to a plethora of events.

"Actually...With all of that magic, she could be staggeringly close to bringing out Daybreaker." Rosa commented while witnessing the back and forth between both sides. "In Daybreaker's world, she was unleashed because of a tragedy and the Dread League there had been wiped out. Including me. Perhaps, it wouldn't be idea to bring out this world's Daybreaker either."

Rosa Maledicta thought about it for a moment. Celestia could possibly be the biggest threat she would ever have to face. More than anyone simply because of what she learned from Daybreaker. All it would take was for something to push Celestia over the edge and for Daybreaker, that was the loss of her sister. It was certainly an ominous sight to see Luna here as well.

"That won't happen." Rosa Maledicta refused to let Daybreaker be unleashed. "That kind of pony should never be allowed to exist. So...I think I'll do Celestia a favour and spare her the tragedy. I'll remove Daybreaker from her entirely. And by extension, her large pool of magic."

A new plan came up in Rosa Maledicta's mind. Something that would benefit her greatly. She aimed to remove Daybreaker from Celestia while also drowning out Celestia's magic. And the Lich Queen certainly had the means to do so. By using more of her magic, her power over the Despair Plants would alter.

With more and more aggression trying to break through this field, the magical barrier was showing signs of cracking apart. Darkrai would feel a pushback when attempting to keep up his Dark Pulse. The Pitch Black Pokemon groaned before being pushed forward suddenly.

"Probopass." This was done by Roxanne's Probopass. Probopass ascended to add its weight onto Darkrai, keeping him from flying away and with great succession. Having a Steel-Type support him was the best possible option for Darkrai.

"Gardevoir!" Flying back to her trainer was Gardevoir. Rustboro City had been cleared for the most part as everyone was heading to the port.

"Great work, Passion. Now, use Dazzling Gleam!"

"Garde...Voir!" Gardevoir would finally add her strength into this field, going for Dazzling. With both arms out, rainbow rays would fly out in swift succession. An extra form of light joined the struggle as the field expanded once more.

By now, the field was suffering from all of this pressure being put on it. It was growing but the size increase only meant that it was prone to fall apart fairly soon. Celestia and Luna could see that, but unfortunately, the Despair Plants refused to slow down at all.

That was when Rosa Maledicta would make her move. One of the Despair Plants would fly back, ceasing its attack. Out of this Despair Plant, a shadow hoof had emerged from its mouth. The hoof of Rosa Maledicta to be exact.

The shadow hoof would then fly out, moving past all of the Despair Plant Triphyophyllums that were in the way. It blended in perfectly with the darkness, going undetected. As for the field, much like a ghost, Rosa Maledicta's Shadow Hoof would pass through with intangibility, having an advantage that the other Despair Plants didn't.

However, though it managed to pass through the field, once it was within Rustboro City, the light had exposed it. It was no longer undetected as Luna would instantly spot this hoof.

"What is that?!" Luna cried out, causing everyone else to glance at where she spotted this Shadow Hoof. Soon, they would all spot it, exposed to the light but also unaffected by it. However, Rosa Maledicta knew that one Shadow Hoof wasn't enough. By using her magic from a far distance once more, the Shadow Hooves would multiply instantaneously.

They had one target and no one else. Celestia and only Celestia. They swarmed the area, flying at high speeds to reach the Princess of the Sun to rip out what could be unleashed.

"Gardevoir!" But intercepting these shadows was Passion. Sensing her best friend in grave danger, Passion would use Psychic to try and push these shadow hooves back. She managed to hold some of them, however, there were some Shadow Hooves that managed to slip past her control. The ones she held would try and fight back

"Probopass, use Flash Cannon!" Probopass and Luna would try and stop the rest as well with Luna zapping as many as she could. Probopass would use Flash Cannon, generating its own light to intercept the shadows. But though they manage to hit some of these Shadow Hooves, more would pass through with enough numbers to spare.

But even though they were after Celestia, they didn't hesitate to retaliate. The ones that Gardevoir tried holding back would fight back. The Shadow Hooves would fly at the Embrace Pokemon, pummeling her from afar. "G-Garde!" Gardevoir would find herself being rapidly struck by these Shadow Hooves as they were akin to flies. But packed more of a punch.

"Sister! They're coming your way!" Luna yelled before dealing with some of these Shadow Hooves that would strike back at her. When shooting down a few of them, more would slip by, blindsiding the Princess of the Night.

"Probopass wasn't moved by a few blows from these Shadow Hooves but the more that came its way, the more Probopass' weight would start to fail it. Despite having intangible appearances, these hooves still had some impact on them.

But a majority of them still went to Celestia more than anything. And with the Shadow Hooves distracting them, the Despair Plants could take advantage of this scenario, containing to drown out the light. Focusing on both the Shadow Hooves and the Despair Plants was troublesome due to how aggressive both were and the numbers that they brought.

"Golurk!" Thankfully, for the Despair Plants, once the guards evacuated everyone, the Golurk that they all had would arrive, using their jet boosters to soar through the air. The Golurk caught the Despair Plants by surprise with their own intangibility, soaring out of the ocean. The Automaton Pokemon would all grab the Despair Plants from behind, restraining them and throwing them off their balance. Soon, the Despair Plants would find themselves facing the numbers of Golurk. They weren't the only ones who could gain a numerical advantage over their forest.

Celestia faced these Shadow Hooves, using her light to vaporize them. Whether it was from the front, above or even the ones that tried sneaking up from behind. However, with each takedown, more would show up.

And the closer they got to Celestia, the stronger they would grow. The last batch of hooves would then transform, appearing as claws as they would then increase in speed. These claws would rush in with a few of them being sliced apart by Celestia's hooves, only to eventually hit their target.

"Gh!" A direct hit. Celestia's chest was caught by these claws as they went in there. Her eyes opened after being struck by these vicious claws. The Sun Princess was stunned for a moment with everyone being flabbergasted by what they had witnessed. "Gaaah!"

"Gardevoir?!" An occupied Gardevoir gasped after seeing the dark claws enter Celestia.

"Sister!" Right as Luna called out her name, some Shadow Hooves would come from above, forcing her face to the ground to keep her quiet.

"Celestia, allow me to do you a favour!" I'll rid that massive threat from you at once!" Now that she had a hold of Celestia, Rosa Maledicta would use the claws to pull out everything Celestia had to offer. The claws grabbed the essence of magic within the Ruler of Equestria. And the essence was certainly colossal and impossible to miss.

With brute force, the claws began tearing out her magic. But for Rosa Maledicta, what she truly cared about was the essence of Daybreaker. And by digging deep, Rosa Maledicta could feel something greater than Celestia's natural magic. Something fierce and hot.

"I found it...!" Rosa Maledicta's ominous voice would laugh across the skies of Rustboro. "Daybreaker. She was always a part of you. And now, let me do the honour of ridding her from you!"

With a painful scream, the claws would move back as an orange and golden energy stream could be seen flying out of Celestia's body as she tried to keep herself steady. That stream of magic unleash flaming sparks that would immediately light up the area. No doubt within Rosa Maledicta's mind, she found a semblance of Daybreaker and now it was all a matter of taking her out along with all of Celestia's magic as the journey continues.


Chapter 21 End.

PreviousChapters Next