• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,321 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,321

PreviousChapters Next
By Dragonite's Might

Galar. Circhester. Circhester Stadium. Afternoon.

With Ash vs. Melony continuing into the afternoon, Ash was down to just Lucario and Dragonite while Melony still had Mr. Rime, Frosmoth and her final Pokemon available. That last Pokemon was eligible for Dynamax while Ash came here with nothing.

No Mega Evolution for Lucario or even a Dynamax Band. That was how Ash wished to approach this battle and he wasn't about to make Melony think he was holding himself back. At this moment, Lucario and Mr Rime were approaching each other, ready to engage.

"Lucario, use Bullet Punch!"

"Rrr!" Starting off, Lucario accelerated as his paws were enveloped in a shimmering white light.

"Triple Axel, please!" Right as Lucario closed in on the Comedian Pokemon, Mr. Rime would leap over his attack. Yet another evasion from Mr. Rime. But after dodging his speedy punch, Lucario would react to whatever came next. As soon as Mr Rime went for the first kick, Lucario reversed his Bullet Punch, swivelling his body just to meet with the attack.

"Rime?!" Mr. Rime gasped while Lucario grinned. His paws met with his feet, beginning a short clash. But it was short for a reason since it didn't last long.

"Luca!" Lucario put an immediate end to Mr. Rime's Triple Axel, pushing him away with brute force. Stunned, the Comedian Pokemon slid for a moment. Triple Axel failed to land thanks to Lucario's counterattack.

"Great anticipation, Lucario!" Ash pumped his fists, congratulating the Aura Pokemon. "Now, head in again with Bullet Punch!"

"Lucario!" Lucario went in for another Bullet Punch. And this time, he was going to make sure it landed properly. The Aura Pokemon approached Mr Rime once more with a shimmering light. In a flash, he was right in Mr. Rime's face. With great velocity, Lucario would smash deliver multiple blows to the Ice-Psychic-Type.

"M-Mr! Rime!" Mr. Rime cried out, taking flight from the force he received. On top of that, it was super-effective damage.

"Even in the air, my darling Mr. Rime can retaliate! Like so! Psychic!"

"Rime! Mr!" Mr. Rime's eyes opened as he would suddenly perform a flip in the air, showing that he had some momentum and balance to gain. And by using Psychic, the Comedian Pokemon would aim his cane down, unleashing a Psychic blast.

"Aura Sphere!"

"Lu...!" Responding to the incoming Psychic, Lucario put his pas together, channelling Aura in between them. And with a powerful thrust, he unleashed the mighty Aura Sphere. Aura Sphere and Psychic met in the middle of the air.

Another clash ensued, resulting in a pulsating energy that distorted parts of the air. Aura Sphere managed to win, breaking through the Psychic Energy and going straight for Mr. Rime. Seeing the incoming sphere, Mr Rime would lower his body, narrowly avoiding it.

"My goodness! You're rather quick on the mark, aren't you?" Melony uttered, impressed by Lucario's reaction time. "Mr. Rime! Focus Blast, if you will!"

"Rime!" Lunging into the air, Mr. Rime would prepare a Focus Blast, channelling all of his mental energy while aiming his cane down. This was plenty of Mental Energy as seen by how large the ball was beginning to get.

"Ash should totally retaliate with Aura Sphere!" Shooting Star exclaimed. "Righ?"

"His majesty's looking to do something different it seems!" But one of the Samiyans thought otherwise. He could already see Ash having something in mind.

"Lucario! Force Palm on the ground!"

"Lu...Ca!" Instead of Aura Sphere, it was Force Palm and instead of unleashing it in the air, Lucario targeted the floor. By smashing his paws through the stadium floor. By doing this, the pulsating energy from Force Palm would show itself, ripping through the floor. Everyone wondered what Ash was up to, especially Melony. As soon as Mr. Rime was done building up Focus Blast, he would unleash it.

The floor would crack as rocks would fly out along with a large dust cloud. The Focus Blast entered the obscured area, combusting right afterwards. This only added more dust to the area, but alas, Lucario was still there, not suffering any damage. Instead, Lucario had used the many chunks of rocks to shield himself.

"You shielded yourself with the stadium? Is that why you hit into it?"

"That's just part of it." Ash grinned. "We figured since we're taking on an Ice-Specialist in a snowy place, the stadium's gotta be something we deal with. I wasn't sure when I should've messed it up but I found that moment!"

"Hm. Clever thinking, dear. But I'm afraid that's not enough. Mr Rime! Triple Axel!"

"Mr!" Mr. Rime was ready to get up close and personal once more. However, something was amiss. And the main reason why Ash chose to mess up the stadium floor was shown. "R-Rime?!" The Comedian Pokemon suddenly felt a lack of balance and proper rhythm. When he tried tap dancing, he immediately hit a bump that was caused by this elevated and crooked floor. Mr. Rime tried again, finding that sweet spot. But it was impossible to do so. The stadium was completely erratic as he couldn't find a good place to tap dance and let his movements flow properly.

"Mr. Rime's movements have been disrupted by the broken stadium! It can't get its rhythm down!" The announcer exclaimed. Without a smooth surface, Mr. Rime lost a great part of his strength.

"You sneaky...!" Melony puffed her cheeks, realizing the true reason why Ash chose now to mess up the stadium. It was to throw Mr. Rime off specifically. After seeing his battle with Dracovish and the first few seconds of him taking on Lucario, Ash knew that he had to defeat the Comedian Pokemon as soon as possible with all of its movements.

"Now, Lucario! Bullet Punch, again!"

"Rrr!" Lucario was perfectly fine. He didn't need to tapdance or perform any stylish movements. All he had to do was get up close and personal. By dashing ahead, forcefully slamming his feet down on the ground to crush any rocks, bumps and rubble in his way, the Aura Pokemon had a clear path with nothing stopping him.

And nothing truly stopped him. Mr. Rime gasped as the last thing he saw as a shimmering fist coming straight at him. Direct hit to the face, which such force that Lucario pushed Mr. Rime's face. He left his fist there for a moment, adding some extra force into it before finally letting it all out. A powerful white shockwave emerged as Mr Rime was sent flying.

Afterwards, he landed on his back, ironically at a spot that was smooth and unaffected by the Force Palm. And that just ended up being the place where he fainted.

"Mr. Rime..."

"Mr Rime is unable to battle! Lucario wins!" And just like that, Ash tied it up once more. Now it was 2 Pokemon left for both Trainers.

"Whew..." Ash sighed. "Great stuff, Lucario. Glad we dealt with that as soon as possible."

"All that's left is Frosmoth and that final Pokemon of hers!" Delia said with glee. "Isn't my little Ash so amazing!"

"It's strange seeing mom in a battle like this." Gordie raised his glasses, stunned by what he was seeing. "Usually, battles don't turn out like this but it's completely even from start and maybe to finish." What Gordie didn't know just yet was that this was a strength of Ash.

Something that has been building up over the years and has shown itself multiple times. It seems that Ash can provide someone with a special kind of battle that allows both Trainers to give it their all. And recently, that strength has been borrowed by his friends.

"Hmm..." Melony returned Mr. Rime. "In all my years of battling, I've never seen anyone who battles quite like you, Ash Maybe someone from the Masters 8 but still. The way you go about it is so different. This will make my victory all the more satisfying." Melony's smiled, narrowing her eyes.

That is what Gordie soon figured out after hearing what his mother spouted. It was Satisfication. Ash gives out satisfying battles thanks to the way he goes about it. Victory or defeat, both trainers can expect satisfaction based on how the battle goes. Whether it happens for the first or second time. And in Melony's case, it was the first time.

"Dance, Frosmoth!"

"Frosmoth!" Out came Frosmoth once more. Her second to last Pokemon. All Ash had to do was try and get past Frosmoth and prepare himself for the final Pokemon who was waiting to Dynamax.

"Start off strong, dear! Hurricane!"

"Fros!" Frosmoth indeed started off strong and that was by using Hurricane. That mighty gust of wind returned once more on this crooked battlefield. With the battlefield broken, the many rocks and rubble were being raised, joining the turbulent twister while also flying everywhere.

"Go, Lucario! Use Force Palm!"

"Luca!" Lucario would try and approach Frosmoth instead of backing away. He pulled his fist back, lunging into the air and meeting with the massive Hurricae in front of him. Lucario would even hit some rocks out of the way before thrusting his fist forward. Force Palm met with the Hurricane, resulting in golden sparks flying from the collision. Lucario actually hit the attack instead of evading it. The goal was to try and knock it back, but that just wasn't happening. So instead of doing so, Lucario would destroy the Hurricane. The pure force of his Force Palm would disperse the attakc while also pushing him back.

"With brute force, Lucario manages to destroy the Hurricane!

"Such strength! Use Bug Buzz!"

"Frosmoth!" After Hurricane, Frosmoth would fly to the side, unleashing a crimson wave that had a damaging sound wave which vibrated across the area. Lucario growled at the sound of this buzzing that was very much irritating. He would put his hands up, blocking the Bug Buzz instead of avoiding it.

"Rrr!" It wasn't very effective thanks to his secondary typing, Steel. But he wasn't about to let that sound surprise him again.

"Aura Sphere!"

"Ice Beam!" In unison, Lucario and Frosmoth went for ranged attacks. A sphere of concentrated aura and a beam of chilling ice were being built up. At the same time, the two attacks were thrown at each other. With yet another clash ensuing, everyone wondered how this one would turn out.

The sphere swirled, rapidly generating its own gust of wind that would raise the rubble as the beam tried freezing the opposing attack. In the end, it was a tie, with a light blue explosion happening in the middle.

"Hurricane, once more!"

"Fros!" Without wasting a second, Frosmoth would use Hurricane yet again. But before doing so, she flew through the smoke, deciding to get closer to Lucario. And after emerging out of the smoke, she flapped her wings, summoning the turbulent Hurricane.

"Luca!?" At this distance, Lucario was too late to do anything about this Hurricane. Immediately, he felt his feet leave the floor as the mighty gale was carrying him. Afterwards, the force of Hurricane would launch him, distancing himself away from the Frost Moth Pokemon.

"Are you aright, Lucario?!" Ash asked.

"Rrr!" Lucario was doing fine, as seen by how he recovered. He landed on the crooked ground, sliding right afterwards.

"Nimble, are we? I'll put a stop to that~ Give Lucario a nice cold hug, Frosmoth!"

"Fros!" Once again, Frosmoth as about to use her wings which were incredibly cold. So cold that whoever gets within her grasps, was bound to have parts of their body frozen if not their entire body

"No way! Aura Sphere!"

"Lucario!" Lucario wasn't about to let Frosmoth get close to him. Quickly, he would unleash an Aura Sphere to try and slow her down. However, moves also fit this category. As soon as Aura Sphere was thrown out, Froslass decided to hug it. With her wide wings, she caught the Aura Sphere, using her -290 degrees Fahrenheit to freeze it on the spot. Lucario's jaw dropped after seeing Aura Sphere freeze. Never before has that happened.

After the attack froze, it dropped to the ground, resting there. There was now just an Aura Sphere on the floor, surrounded by ice. And seeing that sparked something in Ash's mind. That adaptive spirit of his was about to get to work.

"Ohh!" Ash's eyes opened up, followed up by a grin. "Aura Sphere, repeatedly!"

"Rrr!" Lucario would not stop at once Aura Sphere, he would go for multiple Aura Spheres. The next one was first directly while the other one was done from the side the second Lucario started running. In response, Frosmoth would keep her wings out, allowing the Aura Spheres to approach while still aiming to freeze Lucario himself.

One after the other, Aura Spheres were starting to freeze and drop to the floor. Once again, everyone wondered what Ash was up to. Always up to something in this battle that would catch them by surprise. Melony was also wondering why Ash was doing this. Why go for repeated Aura Spheres when Frosmoth was easily freezing them? That alone was rather impressive, seeing Frosmoth have such precision that she could catch these Aura Spheres. But at the same time, Lucario was definitely firing them at a medium pace.

Soon, the entire arena was littered with frozen Aura Spheres. They were all just lying there, frozen on the ground and unable to act. Just what Ash wanted. Lucario would soon come to a halt, waiting for Ash's next words.

"Alright, Ash? What are you planning this time?" Melony leaned in. "It's rude to hide secrets from your seniors."

"Heh. After this battle is over, I can have Sweetie Belle use this as inspiration for her Contests," said Ash, thinking about helping Sweetie Belle afterwards. The reason for that would soon show itself. "Check this out! Double Team!"

"Luca!" As soon as Frosmoth approached Lucario once more, going for that hug, the Aura Pokemon would immediately duplicate himself. Just like how there were multiple frozen Aura Spheres, there were no multiple Lucarios around the arena.

"Fros?!" The Ice-Bug-Type looked around her as she was surrounded by all these Lucario. Now she didn't know who to hug. If she tried hugging any of them, they would vanish instead of freeze.

"Now! Altogether, you guys!" Ash raised his fist into the air. "Throw those frozen spheres!"

"Lucario!" The plan had been revealed. Ash once again took inspiration in this battle. But instead of looking to the past, he was looking at what happened previously in this battle and use it to his advantage. All of the Lucario clones including the real Lucario would simultaneously pick up all the Frozen Aura Spheres. It all made sense now. Ash did this so that he would have free Aura Spheres available. Unlike Gengar's Shadow Ball which froze and shattered, the Aura Spheres stayed completely stable as opposed to the blobs that Gengar generated.

"No way!" Flurry Heart's was flabbergasted by what she was seeing. Including everyone else. With all these Lucarios holding up the Frozen Aura Spheres, they would channel their Aura through it, causing the ice to shatter. As soon as they shattered, all the Aura Spheres would be freed and thrown at the Frost Moth Pokemon.

"F-Frosmoth!" Frosmoth was being pelted by Aura Spheres she froze earlier. Each hit was fierce and explosive, summoning multiple blue explosions.

"Now for the big one! Aura Sphere!"

"Lucaaaa!" The real Lucario would charge up a greater Aura Sphere. As soon as Frosmoth was hit with plenty of Aura Spheres, the strongest one yet was thrown out, delivering the final explosion. Soon, Frosmoth and the spot she was on was set ablaze by an Azure Light.

"It's an onslaught of Aura Spheres! Contestant Ash has used all those frozen attacks to his advantage!" The announcer's commentary certainly added to that exciting moment.

"Frosmoth..." Frosmoth would then drop to the floor, defeated. She couldn't withstand that, unfortunately.

"Frosmoth is unable to battle! Lucario wins!"

"Haha! It worked!" Ash laughed. "I was kinda hoping that Frosmoth would've caught Lucario! Then we would've used Aura to break free! But that works too!"

"Pikachu!"

"Nice! He has the lead!" Skystar applauded. And so did the Samiyans. They loved seeing their King battle and it was truly a spectacle. "Woo-woo! Great stuff, Ash! Great stuff!"

"Some of these plays are outrageous. Is this what happens down here all the time?" Shooting Star questioned. "It feels just as intense as when something serious is happening."

"Yes! This is what I was missing on my journey!" Raleigh said with glee. "A Pokemon Battle like this!"

"Amazing." Melony returned Froslass. "Never has something like that happened to me. You're every bit as wonderful as Delia made you out to be."

"Really?" said Ash.

"Mhm," Melony admitted it. The conversation she had with Delia back at the Yard Sale came back around and showed that Ash indeed had a chance. "If only you could've taken on Gordie. Oh, well. I think this is a bigger test of your strength, honestly."

"You're awesome too, Melony. I'm glad I waited for this battle to happen." Ash gave his props as well. "I'm sure Gordie would've been fun to battle as well. But I can't afford to slow down. Not when I've got Leon in my sights!"

"Unfortunately, my sweet Ash. You won't be reaching Leon. I will." Melony menacingly rejected before holding out her final Poke Ball. "I hate to ruin your streak, but here, your rank will absolutely plummet! Appear! My Lapras!"

"Lapras!" The final Pokemon ended up being Lapras.

"So it's Lapras, huh?" Ash's face turned serious after seeing the final Pokemon. And now, he could expect Dynamax very soon. Or even beyond that. Gigantamax.

"Now, Challenger Melony's final Pokemon is her Lapras, who is the main candidate for her ace in the hole." said the Announcer, already knowing what to expect as well.

"Lapras! Use Thunder!" Immediately, Lapras used a mighty move that started from above. The skies above rumbled as a powerful blast of thunder appeared.

"Zip away, Lucario!"

"Rrr!" Lucario would quickly leap back, narrowly avoiding the blast. The lightning hit the ground with intensity, causing more rubble to fly everywhere.

"So she's not gonna Dynamax yet...! She's waiting to take down Lucario first!" Ash already saw what Melony was doing. She was saving her Dynamax for Ash's last Pokemon. That way, she would have all the power she needed. "Not if we get our licks in and take her down! Lucario, use Force Palm!

"Cario!" Lucario would then rush in as the energy of Force Palm appeared on both of his paws.

"Use Dragon Pulse!"

"La...Pras!" From her mouth, a draconic-shaped blast was unleashed instantly, tearing through the ground. Lucario smashed his paws into the mouth of the dragon. Clashing with it With brute force once more, Lucario tried breaking it apart. And he certainly succeded in stopping it as the Dragon Pulse would combust. However, Lucario was also pushed back, unable to get close so far.

"Hydro Pump!"

"La..." From her mouth once more, Lapras unleashed yet another powerful move. And this time, it was the heavy pressure Hydro Pump. A great blast of water was unleashed, having intense volumes behind it.

"Stop it with Aura Sphere!"

"Lu...Ca!" Lucario held his arms out, forming an Aura Sphere as quickly as he could. The sphere appeared right as the Hydro Pump got close. Lucario's Aura Sphere acted as a shield as the Hydro Pump was fiercely pushing against the attack. "Rrr!" Lucario grizzled his teeth, trying to fire his Aura Sphere.

"Push through!" Ash bellowed as that prompted Lucario's Aura to explode. The Aura Sphere would then travel through the Hydro Pump, managing to slip through. After doing so, the Aura Sphere crashed into Lapras's face, dealing super-effective damage. However, with the Aura Sphere gone, Lucario took the Hydro Pump damage either way as he was pushed back by its high volume.

"A double hit! Both sides take their attacks!"

"Now! Use Reversal, Lucario!"

"Rio!" This looked like a good time to use Reversal now that some more damage has been accumulated. After tumbling on the floor, Lucario recovered by jumping up, building energy from all the damage he took in this battle.

"That won't happen! Use Thunder, Lapras!"

"Laaaa!" Lapras would respond with Thunder. From above, the skies trembled once more as lightning came crashing down, intercepting Lucario's next attack.

"Above you, Lucario!"

"Lu?!" Lucario looked up to see the blast, raising one of his arms up to block it. The lightning met with Lucario's hands, instantly creating a bright flash. Just like that, Lucario was now using one arm to try and block the lightning from fully passing through while the other arm was holding the Reversal Energy.

"Wow! To think he can still protect himself! But now he's wide open! Hydro Pump!" Melony took advantage of Lucario's position since he was trying to keep Thunder away.

"Pras!" Another high-volume blast of water came crashing in. If this hits, the Water and Electricity would mix, creating a truly violent reaction that was bound to harm Lucario greatly

"Now, Lucario! Release it!"

"Rrr!" Lucario wasn't defenceless at all. He used his other arm to unleash the Reversal right as Hydro Pump approached. The energy from Reversal clashed with Hydro Pump, forming another clash. The two attacks blew up which would be Lucario's downfall thanks to the shockwave that came from it By doing this, Lucario couldn't keep the Thunder at bay anymore. it came crashing down.

The shockwave from the two attacks cancelling each other out struck Lucario and Lapras but it was mainly punishing to Lucario. Taking the hit, Lucario's arms dropped, as well as his entire body with electricity pulsating around him as well.

"Lu...Cario..." Lucario had fainted after trying to keep two massive attacks at bay. Only one was stopped while the other went through.

"Lucario is unable to battle! Lapras wins!" With that, it was down to one for Ash as well. With the crowd going wild, Ash would return Lucario to his Poke Ball.

"Thanks, Lucario. You were awesome." He thanked him before taking out the last Poke Ball containing Dragonite.

"Phew. Had me worried there, sweetie. You and your Pokemon are resilient, aren't you?" Melony winked. "But now, there's just one Pokemon left. And it's the one I've been waiting for."

"Yeah. I know. And she's been waiting for this to ever since our chat back at the Hero's Bath." Ash replied with a smile. Delia scrunched her face, wanting to see this final moment with no distractions. She wouldn't say a word until it was over. "Dragonite! I choose you!"

"Dragonite!" Returning to the field was Dragonite.

"Challenger Ash brings out Dragonite as the last Pokemon! This is the final stretch!"

"Lapras has a really good option against Dragonite. And I'm guessing there's an Ice-Type move waiting." Raleigh commented. "This'll be hard on her. She could either be frozen, paralyzed or even just too overwhelmed."

"Ash has got this! Don't worry!" said Flurry Heart with high enthusiasm.

"Come on your majesty!" Enola and the other Samiyans shouted.

"Now, it's time to end this." Melony would then return Lapras as the Dynamax energy around her Dynamax Band was responding to this action. The time was now. The time to Gigantamax. The Ultra Ball in Melony's hand would start glowing while enlarging. And with all her might, it was launched into the air. "Lapras! Gigantamax!" It was a Gigantamax instead of Dynamax, which meant Ash was about to experience an even greater level of strength.

"LA...LA...LAPRAS!" Growing bigger and bigger, out emerged Gigantamaax Lapras, who Ash witnessed for the very first time. As Gigantamax Lapras, she becomes larger in size and more armoured. Her shell resembled a cruise ship and an ocarina at the same time. A light blue ring of fine thin lines resembling a musical sheet created from ice particles circles around its shell.

"Sweet Celestia..." Flurry Heart's jaw dropped. "You could hit like 5,000 ponies in there. Maybe even more." Shooting Star held out his Pokedex to try and see what was up with this form.

"Lapras. The Ride Pokemon. Gigantamax Form. Over 5,000 people can ride on its shell at once. And it’s a very comfortable ride, without the slightest shaking or swaying. It surrounds itself with a huge ring of gathered ice particles. It uses the ring to smash any icebergs that might impede its graceful swimming."

"Well, you're on the nose about 5,000..." His jaw dropped in disbelief. "So this is Gigantamax?"

"My Lapras and I will crush you! She's my ace in the hole for a reason! You should have brought that Z-Move of yours or anything else to take on this giant!"

"Bring it on! We're taking you and her down!"

"Dragonite!"

"I'd like to see you try! Here's our absolute best! Lapras! G-Max Resonance!"

"PRAS!" With a thunderous yet beautiful cry, Lapras raised her head, summoning an absolutely gargantuan ice block. It appeared above everyone else, reaching out of the stadium itself thanks to its overwhelming size. Indeed, Lapras had an Ice-Type move availabe for something like this to exist. After summoning the massive ice sphere, she was ready to drop it.

"Meet it with Hurricane!"

"Draa!" Dragonite would try and use her own massive move. In this case, it would be Hurricane. By taking flight, Dragonite would get up close and personal with Lapras. By flapping her wings, she summoned a great gust of wind the second the sphere was dropped.

Two great powers clashed as the Ice Sphere was being carried by the fierce wind. Dragonite made it large enough to carry the giant Ice Sphere. And by doing this, a great storm was whipped up. Ice Shards were flying everywhere, hitting the barriers of the stadium.

The crowd gasped as the shards would violently crash and stab the barrier. But thankfully, they were well-built to protect them from such damage, even if things were ramping up.

Dragonite tried keeping the resonance at bay, however, it managed to descend. Dragonite used the last of Hurricane to shield herself as the move made contact.

"D-Dra!" Dragonite screamed as she went flying back. As for the massive Ice Sphere, it would touch the ground at last, letting out a beautiful light blue pulse. This signature attack also came with a side effect. Immediately, an Aurora Veil was set up. A beautiful array of colours surrounded the entire battlefield, giving Lapras that extra boost in defence.

"With Aurora Veil up, Lapras's defences have soared!" said the Announcer.

"Dragonite! How are you?!"

"D-Dra!" Super-effective damage had been done without a doubt. Dragonite growled as she just barely managed to use Hurricane to weaken some of the damage. If it were any other move, it would've been truly successful But G-Max moves were beyond regular moves.

"Let's get up close and personal! Dragon Claw!"

"Dragonite!" Dragonite roared, stomping her feet on the ground before taking flight once more. Moving as fast as she could, she targeted Lapras' face.

"Now, Lapras! Max Geyser!"

"LAPRAS!" Another massive and cold move was incoming. This time, from Lapras' mouth, a titanic blast of water flew out to try and intercept Dragonite. This was certainly large enough to engulf her while also having greater pressure than Hydro Pump.

"Spin over it!"

"RA!" However, with superior speed in the air and by spinning in the air, Dragonite would fly over the geyser, going even higher. Thanks to Dragonite, she was able to avoid the geyser and after evading it, she zoomed through the air at full speed, feeling the wind around her face. She went straight for the top of Lapras' head, delivering her attack there. "Dragonite!"

"L-LAAA!" Lapras cried out as the force of the Dragon Claw was a hefty one. A shockwave could be seen as Lapras's head was lowered by this crushing attack.

"That's enough! Let's break tradition! Jump Lapras!"

"LAPRAS!" Suddenly, Lapras would use all of her body weight to lunge into the air instead of using a Max Move. Everyone looked up,p seeing Lapras ascend even higher than Dragonite.

"She's wide open from below! Use Draco Meteor!"

"Gonite!" Dragonite took this as an oppurtunity to unleash Draco Meteor at Lapras's Underbelly. She was a rather large target so there was no way Dragonite was going to miss. The meteor approached Lapras, but as soon as it got close, Lapras started descending.

What was she was going for was a version of Body Slam, even though she didn't have the move on her. All of her body weight was about to drop Dragonite. The Draco Meteor was interrupted, unable to properly go off as Lapras overpowered. Dragonite gasped after seeing this massive shadow loom over her, destroying her Draco Meteor.

"Get out of there, Dragonite!"

"Dra..!" But it was too late, Lapras came down relatively quickly thanks to her massive size. Since she was heavier, when falling, she was much faster. Dragonite was soon hit by the falling Lapras which forced her down. With devastating force, Lapras landed on Dragonite, crashing into the ground.

Delia gasped, standing up. That hit was by far the hardest in this entire battle. Being crushed by a Gigantamax Pokemon Certain has to hurt. The stadium floor was already greatly damaged but this added to it. Now, that was a visible crater that had been formed.

"What a hit! Lapras has crushed Dragonite! Is this it?!" The announcer bellowed. Silence filled the arena as the crowd were anticipating the next action. So was the Rotom Drone, who would have to either wait for Lapras to get off Dragonite or see her revert to her original size to judge it.

"Hm. I think so." Melony smiled. "You put up an excellent fight, sweetie. But I'm afraid this is..." But before Melony could finish her sentence, the unthinkable happened.

"LA?" Larpas gasped as she could feel herself leaving the ground for a second time. But this time, it wasn't by her own will. It was being done by someone else. Eyes were wide as they all looked closely to see what could possibly be happening now.

It was being done by Dragonite.

"Dra...GONITE!" Refusing to go down, Dragonite was using all of her might to lift Lapras off her. Every ounce of her strength was being used in this battle. One knee was on the crater but it was now starting to rise. Such power and resilience that was befitting for a Dragon.

"Incredible! Dragonite is lifting Lapras off the ground! It withstood that?!"

"But that can't be!" Melony howled in disbelief. How could Dragonite still be standing after that?

"Now, Dragonite! Ascend!"

"Dragonite!" Letting out the most ferocious roar she's ever let out, Dragonite would take flight, carrying the Gigantamax Pokemon into the air. Lapras was unable to do anything. She was stuck, trying her best to respond. But with her massive size and the way her body was built, there was no advantage here. Dragonite went higher. Higher and higher. Eventually, she went passed the stadium, showing Lapras to the entirety of Circhester.

"Now, throw her!"

"Nite" To finish it off, Dragonite would then launch the Ride Pokemon down, generating incredible force. A temporary tornado was formed based on the force that Dragonite threw Lapras at.

"Hyper Beam!"

"Dragonite!" To really finish things off, Dragonite unleashed Hyper Beam, firing it right as Lapras was descending. The beam struck Lapras' stomach, causing her to fall even faster. A devastating combo, followed up by a devastating impact. A great explosion went off, eclipsing the stadium.

Dragonite breathed in and out as her wings were shuddering. She was only able to stay in the air out of sheer willpower even if it harmed her. That was by far the most force she's ever had to exert and she showed everyone the true extent of her power.

With her size decreasing thanks to a red glow, Lapras certainly couldn't handle all of that even with the Aurora Veil up, which would soon fade away. Lapras had fainted.

"Lapras..."

"Lapras is unable to battle. Dragonite wins! Thus, the victor of the Ultra Class battle is Ash!" The referee called it. The battle was over. And what a way to finish it.

"Alright! Dragonite, we did it!" Ash jumped repeatedly, celebrating his victory in this chilling yet heated battle.

"Dra! Dragonite!" Elated by this victory, Dragonite flew over, ready to give out one of her hugs. Dragonite picked Ash up as the two embraced each other. The Dragon Pokemon swirled around the air, laughing uncontrollably.

"As such, the result of this battle will change the rankings of the Pokemon World Championships." said the Rotom Drone. On the massive screen, the rankings have been updated. Ash's new rank was now shown. He was now Ranked 25.

"Challenger Ash is Ranked 25 in the World Championships leaderboards!" The announcer exclaimed. The crowd applauded such an amazing battle, especially the Samiyas who were grateful to see their King obtain victory in such an amazing way. This was only one way Ash manages to win with style.

"He's ranked 25 now! That's even higher! He's close to 10 and even closer to 8!" Flurry Heart stood up.

"That's my boy." Delia sighed as her heart was racing for a moment.

"Mom's not gonna be beat up by this," Gordie observed before feeling jealous. "I wish that was me! I would've done cool things too in that battle! Mom's so lucky!"

"Thank you, Lapras, dear. You did your best." Melony walked up to Lapras, helping her up.

"Lapras."

"Ash, dear." Melony would soon approach Ash. "I suppose your mother wins this one. You gave me possibly my most enjoyable battle to date. This is worth the wait. Seems like there are some Dragons that are just out of my reach."

"Dragonite!" Dragonite was kind enough to give a hug to Melony as well, thanking her for the battle. Soon, Melony was involved in this hug, turning it into a group hug. "Dra!" After that fierce battle, Dragonite retained her innocent nature.

"Aw, you're so sweet!" Melony didn't mind it at all. "I'll be wishing you all the luck in the world for when you get to Leon. I know you'll make it to the Masters 8, Ash."

"I won't let you down, Melony!"

With Ash catching another victory, his road to the Masters 8 was shortening. Other fierce battles were waiting for him. Other opponents who had strong drives to win and wouldn't make it easy on him. But that was what made it so fun for Ash and he wasn't about to slow down any time soon.

As the journey continues.


Chapter 266 End.

PreviousChapters Next