• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,332 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,332

PreviousChapters Next
The Most Dazzling Surprise Attack

Equestria. Ponyville. Balance of Day and Night.

At last, showing up in Ponyville was Rainbow Dash. She left her home up in Cloudsdale, woken up by some of the Sun's rays that hit her face. The moment she arrived at Ponyville, confused as to what time it was, she saw what had become of the town. It had seen better days. Much better days.

"W-What happened?!" Her eyes opened as wide as they could to witness the lack of anypony else. No one familiar could be seen as the streets were empty with their usual residents. And with so many buildings totalled, it was easy to see how no one would be in there. However, there was still life here.

The Everfree Creatures. They were staying behind, opting to protect Ponyville but to Rainbow Dash, that didn't seem to be the case. Rainbow Dash instantly thought that they were behind this especially since there was an Ursa Major here, looking up at the pegasus.

"What did you do!?" Rainbow Dash roared at the Everfree Creatures, blaming them for this destruction. It wasn't hard to see why she immediately thought this. Rainbow Dash instantly held out a Poke Ball, ready to confront them all. The Everfree Creatures felt threatened by this roaring, growling and hissing at Rainbow Dash as they all misunderstood each other.

The Everfree Creatures did not explain things to Rainbow Dash mainly because they were currently on high alert. And they weren't a fan of Rainbow Dash bringing this tone down on them all. Rainbow Dash was fearless in the face of these creatures. Even when staring at the Ursa Major, she would try and confront them. "You all don't scare me! Bring it on!"

"Wait, wait!" However, arriving to the scene before this could turn into something ugly was Ash. He and his friends had finally left Lapras Lake, ending up here to see Rainbow Dash about to throw down with the Everfree Creatures. "Wait, Dash!

"Ash?" Rainbow Dash paused, ceasing her hoof momentum. Ash showed up just in time to stop this, looking healthier. However, he had noticeable bandages around his arm which were over his bruises that he received during battle. Rainbow Dash calmed down after seeing some familiar faces but noticed how Roseluck was currently unconscious.

"Phew...That was close." He sighed after stopping the potential confrontation. After seeing him casually stand next to the Everfree Forest Creatures, Rainbow Dash needed plenty of answers right now.

"Ash? Applejack? What's going on?! Where is everypony?!" Rainbow Dash descended. Ash took a deep sigh, needing to explain everything to Rainbow Dash. And it would be as soon as possible since eyes were currently on them. The eyes of Rosa Maledicta to be exact since Ponyville had been hit with a Despair Plant attack previously.


Magehold. Magehold Contest Hall.

Meanwhile, stepping onto the contest stage as the final coordinator was Eccentrick alongside her partner Inkay. Introducing her to everypony else was Fantina who was looking forward to this. A majority of everypony here weren't aware that this was not only a fun contest but also a way to break down the barrier around Magehold.

She wasn't nervous about the contest at all. Eccentrick was waiting for something like this and wouldn't hesitate to go for it. It was the trick of pulling off her Reverse Magic at a high degree. Fantina laid out a plan for her and it was up to Eccentrick to pull it off since it would be widespread, serving one crucial purpose.

"Now, for the last part of the Performance Stage!" Fantina exclaimed. "It's all yours!"

"Thanks! Go Inkay!" Eccentrick would then toss Inkay into the air, causing the Revolving Pokemon to flip multiple times. Already, it was pulling off tricks before it even touched the stage.

"Inkay!"

"Use Flamethrower!"

"Kay!" And while flipping in the air, the Dark-Psychic-Type breathed out flames which would immediately correlate with his spiralling motion. Instead of flying in a single direction, the flames would surround Inkay's entire body, turning him into a Living Fireball or even a meteor as he came crashing down.

All the vampires gawked at Inkay's early trick. It got a head start before touching the stage and when it finally did, the flames from Flamethrower would cause a flaming pulse that spread across the circular stadium floor, decorating it. Now Inkay's performance could kick off.

"We're allowed to use magic in this contest so...here, Inkay!" Since magic was allowed to be used, this prompted the coordinators to do whatever they wanted. It made for some truly entertaining performances and Eccentrick aimed to top all of that. She used her Curse Magic, shooting it out of her wings.

The Reverse Magic would wrap itself around Inkay's flames, creating another layer. Once the magic connected with the flames, it would instantly reverse them. But not the properties. Rather, it would reverse the colour. Eccentrick chose to reverse the scarlet colours of the flames, changing them into a bluish colour instead.

The blue flames would flare out, dazzling everyone's eyes. This was the reverse or rather the complementary colour, giving extra flair to the performance. Seeing Blue Flames was incredibly rare. Very few Pokemon can use it such as Reshiram and Mega Charizard X and blue flames are incredibly hot for many magical beings to hold, limited to just the orange appearance. But with Eccentrick's magic, she could easily change it and whatever she pleases as long as she had the capability.

"Blue Flames! How rare!" Fantina gushed at this. "That just goes to show how good her magic is! Not many can casually bring those kinds of flames out! Look at the way Inkay spins with it!"

"Good thing I'm not down there." A vampire said as this was obviously a weakness for them. They were all weak to fire and Blue Fire was another level. However, they enjoyed watching it when they weren't being threatened by it.

"Nice work, Inkay!" Eccentrick cheered as she could already hear the happy voices among the crowd. Just what she wanted to hear. It has been so long since such a sound has blessed her ears ever since Opal's cruel actions. Her time to shine finally showed itself. "This is great...I just have to keep it up until the big moment."

But the time for her to really use the full extent of her Reverse Magic was not yet here. But it was close. Eccentrick wanted to 'Wow' the crowd after all. She wasn't about to let this moment slip away from her now that Fantina has given her and many others this entertaining chance once more.


At the same time, Cadence and Flurry Heart were being brought back to Rosa Maledicta. Their lifespans were about to be absorbed once more. They were already in weakened states because of that act. They were so weak that they had to be brought here by the vampires in chains no less.

Waiting for them was Rosa Maledicta, who was overseeing the areas where Despair Plants managed to show up at. Once a Despair Plant showed up, her eyes would focus on those areas immediately, seeing how everything was going and preparing to interfere. Her eyes were also on Ash and Rainbow Dash who were over at Ponyville, talking to each other.

Once she saw the two alicorns enter the room, a devious smile met her face, eager and ready to steal more of their lifespans which would weaken them as alicorns. "Excellent. It's that time of the night once more. With this next absorption, I wonder how far you'll fall?" She said to them, only receiving a sharp glare from Cadence while Flurry Heart only had saddened eyes.

Once facing them, Rosa Maledicta would not waste any time. With the magic flying out of her horn, that corrupted stream appeared once more, slithering towards the alicorn duo. It first struck Cadence's chest before splitting off to latch onto Flurry Heart. Flurry Heart tried moving away but was far too late for that. Once more, they were latched onto by a dark form of magic.

It felt like something sharp stabbed into them. Their bodies trembled, receiving a chilling feeling that the Frozen North couldn't even rival. Rosa Maledicta's magic was far more chilling in every way. And when they first had some of their lifespans taken away from them, it felt like their hearts were being frozen and they could feel every bit of it without having a way to retaliate since they were still bewildered back then.

However, things were different. Now that they were aware of their situation, even when chained up and weaker, Cadence would act. And she acted by using her magic while Rosa's magic was in action. Her signature magical colour appeared on her horn before resonating with Rosa's horn.

"Trying to retaliate by entering my mind?" It was another attempt to attack the mind as Rosa Maledicta pointed out. Cadence was already on it out at her state, she was not powerful enough to do anything about this. She wanted to try though, hoping that she could take Rosa Maledicta by surprise.

Alas, that wasn't happening but she kept at it still, using her current magic to resist. Cadence could at least try and resist the magic, even if it proved to be pointless. Meanwhile, her daughter from another universe was practically about to fall over. She had a fresher lifespan compared to her mother, still having room to grow even though these two haven't been around as long as Celestia or Luna.

However, while Rosa Maledicta was taking more of their lifespans away, Eccentrick's big climactic moment for the Performance Stage of the Magehold Pokemon Contest was about to occur. And away from those two were the vampire ponies focused on breaking the barrier themselves. Ordered y Fractured Note, they were attacking it from below, knowing that it was pointless since Rosa Maledicta made it absurdly powerful. However, they were only doing this because they were waiting for Eccentrick. Once Eccentrick does what she needs to do, their hits would finally matter. And it appeared that chance would finally come to them.

Inkay was still surrounded by the Blue Flames as it then used turned itself upside down, levitating into the air and bringing the flames with it. Inkay then used Double Team, duplicating himself multiple times. Multiple Inkay's appeared in the air, surrounded by the azure flames as well.

Soon, the air was filled with a spiral of Blue Flames that were in sync with each other while staying in a perfect line. But Eccentrick wanted to create a contrast. She focused her magic on the Inkay clones, reversing their flames. Or rather, bringing them back to their original colour.

Multiple orange flames were next to the blue flames, forming a nice contrast. To everyone here, it looked like a bunch of ellipses in the air. It was safe to say that they were amazed as Eccentrick's magic complimented this greatly.

"Alright! Now's my chance!" Eccentrick exclaimed before building up her Reverse Magic. "Come together, Inkay! Then use Thunderbolt!"

"Inkay!" Afterwards, Inkay's clones would close on it, bringing the orange spiralling flames back to the original body. The orange flames all met with the blue flames as they all combusted in unison. The explosion unleashed a bright light that had an azure colour in the middle and the orange everywhere else, forming an eyeball of some sort. Normally, the light would be greatly threatening to every vampire here, but not this time.

Not with Eccentrick's magic.

She was truly feeling the flow of everything here, invested in what she managed to pull off. Hearing the crowd cheer for her and Inkay brought a powerful light back in her. This was something that was missing for so long and she couldn't be any happier that it had returned. And with that happiness, she would unleash her Reverse Magic in the biggest way yet. The magic went widespread, first hitting Inkay's Explosion which had unleashed Thunderbolt at the same time, bringing a bright flash.

The light from Inkay's explosion was about to reach all of the vampires, being much bigger than they thought it would be. All of them collectively gasped after the light came their way, already beaming out of the windows. But catching up to the light was Eccentrick's magic.

As soon as it passed the light, it reached the vampires here. Just as Eccentrick once said, the opposite of a vampire pony was a regular pony. And it would instantly show. All the vampires had the vampiric traits that they were born with instantly changed. Their fangs shortened to the point where they received regular flat teeth. Their wings turned into normal pegasus wings but with no addition of a unicorn horn of any kind.

And the most important part was their weakness. No longer were they weak to the light. It passed by them, not harming their bodies in any way. Some of them flinched, believing they would be harmed by this but they felt nothing. Instead, they only felt wonder. Their eyes widened as they were free from any sort of pain, finally being able to bask in the light.

This was the one instance where the light was free for them to be near. And all they could was admire it as they hadn't even noticed the lack of their own vampiric traits. They were amazed at how they could be so close to this amount of light and not start screaming violently.

However, there was someone who would start screaming. The light and Reverse Magic did not stop at the Contest Hall. There was a reason why Fantina chose to build it close to the Lich Queen's castle. And that reason showed itself as these two forms of energy reached the castle, not missing out on it either.

The vampires inside of the castle were also reversed, losing their traits as vampires and becoming regular ponies instead as the light passed by them. They also ended up flinching, readying themselves for a potential attack but they felt nothing from it.

The real kicker was what happened with Rosa Maledicta. She was in the midst of easily overpowering Cadence, winning this mental battle which was barely a mental battle at all. At best, Cadence was only slightly entering the mindscape, trying to use it to her advantage but just couldn't since Rosa was the ultimate blockade. Cadence was in pain, unable to truly break through in the condition she was in.

And that's when it happened. The light and magic reached Rosa Maledicta even up here. And it stopped right there as well. Rosa Maledicta had her body hit by the Reverse Magic while she was in the middle of absorbing the lifespans of the two alicorns.

It reversed a crucial part of Rosa Maledicta. She may be a Lich now but a part of her was still a regular pony who just happened to have high amounts of magic. And that regular pony part was what took the hit. Rosa's heart skipped a beat as the light affected her and her alone.

Rosa had become an ordinary unicorn once more. Her pupils shrank the moment she felt herself being hit by something. Her casual concentration was broken as the light began to burn on her body. Now, she was a vampire, vulnerable to the light.

"GAAAAAH!" Rosa Maledicta screamed at the top of her lungs, feeling an unbearable heat hit her body. It was when she least expected it and she certainly never expected this. A bloodcurdling cry the likes of which no one had heard before came out, having multiple voices inside.

It sounded like Rosa Maledicta was screaming with more than just one pony. But her voice was still the most overpowering one. She stepped back, distancing herself from Cadence as smoke was already coming from her body. This was a pain she had never felt before. It was something that only her subjects felt. But right now, they weren't feeling it. They were just ordinary ponies at this point.

Seeing Rosa Maledicta in a stunned state, Cadence would strike while the iron was hot. She immediately used the most of her magic, shooting it at the Lich Queen while the other vampires in the room tried rushing to her rescue once they saw her in pain. But right as they approached the Lich Queen, Cadence's attack went off.

A direct hit to the chest, adding more salt to the wound. And even though she wasn't as powerful as she used to be right now, with Rosa Maledicta taking a sizzling hit, anything would work here. And this hit certainly did as it blew Rosa Maledicta back.

The Lich Queen went through the windows in this room, falling out of it. She looked over at Cadence in confusion, unsure of what just happened. It all happened so fast and it was unlike anything she's seen before. In the time that she managed to process things while being blasted through the windows, she wondered if that was either Cadence or Flurry Heart's doing.

Before she could figure it out, she left the castle and started falling. Cadence dropped to the floor, groaning and grunting after using a huge heap of her magic which wasn't at its best at all, making things worse for her, unfortunately. Some of the vampires would fly out to go after their Queen while some stayed behind to confront Cadence after she just struck Rosa. Even Cadence had to wonder what that was all about. But whatever it was, she was grateful for it happening either way.

Rosa Maledicta had crashed into the grounds near the castle, creating a large dust cloud from hitting the concrete. Her subjects were not fast enough to catch her in time. They were too late for that as a crater had been formed. Noticeably, the crash landing happened right next to her dark garden as it failed to catch, missing Rosa by a few feet.

And once Rosa took some damage from the light, falling from a high place, the vampires working for Fractured Note would have their chance at last. Their hard hits mattered now as the barrier was beginning to break apart. It was no longer as powerful as it used to be because of this Bright Attack.

The cracks were showing now, forming across the barrier and every nook and cranny it encompassed. As for this sudden attack on the Lich Queen, it was unknown to the residents of Magehold as a majority of them were in the Contest Hall, too busy watching the Pokemon Contest go down.

And showing up at the scene was Fractured Note. Right on time too. He only showed up once the Lich Queen had been struck but he was involved with this attack.

As for the contest, the performance stage had come to an end. And the Reverse Magic's effects ran out. But not the pain that Rosa Maledicta felt. That one would linger for a while. Everyone returned to being vampires, unaware of what Eccentrick had pulled.

"And that does it for the contest stage, my little ponies!" Fantina said with high energy, raising her arm. "How did you find it?!"

They loved it. Every second of it. Pokemon Contest always succeeded in marvelling the eyes. But with Fantina's rule of involving magic, it elevated things to a new level. Something that not even the rest of the world that partakes in Pokemon Contests know about. Fantina succeeded once more in wowing the crowd with this event, but it was only going to get better from here since this one had another stage.

"Wonderful wonderful! Now we can prepare for the second stage! All we need to do is look at the judges and their scores to see who makes it through to the Battle Stage! In the meantime, have a short break while we prepare!" Fantina replied before walking off, preparing for the next and final part of the contest.

"Fantina! I did it! I really did it!" Eccentrick, meanwhile, would run over to her idol, expressing how she pulled it off. Inkay flew over, feeling a bit dizzy from all of that spinning. And that was saying something coming from a Pokemon which was known for its upside-down antics. "We did it!"

"Inkay! Inkay!"

"I know. I had faith in you in the beginning. That energy you possess is one of an icon. And you've always had it back then from what you told me." Fantina's faith never wavered. She was right to trust Eccentrick. "But you have a better chance to shine during the second stage. You will be battling against your fellow pony for this one so I hope your dazzling skills can help you in a battle."

"I'll try!" She squeed, happily jumping up and down. "I'm ready to make it through to the end and win that ribbon! Wait and see!"


"Gh..Ghaa..." Meanwhile, Rosa Maledicta was still in the crater, feeling the damage she took. The only thing she could think of that matched this kind of pain was when Yveltal attacked her. But even then, Yveltal only got some of her body. This attack got to the front of her body and the back as well. Essentially everywhere. She sat up, having the smoke continuously fly out of her body while she put on a terrifying grimace.

"Your majesty?! Are you alright?!" Fractured Note came over, as if he wasn't the one who was involved in this, doing it just to lower Rosa Maledicta's barrier which took years to get up and perfect. "What happened here!?"

"S-Some kind of light hit her!" A vampire shouted. "It was so unexpected too but...we didn't feel it at all! And then Princess Cadence shot at her, sending her through the windows!"

"That so? But that can't be. Surely we would've felt it ourselves if there was light. Are you sure it was light?"

"I think...I didn't feel it at all though." A vampire scratched her mane, unsure of that answer. It should be light. But they realized it didn't harm them in any way so they were all rather conflicted on what it was. Just what Fractured Note wanted.

The best part of Eccentrick's magic was only known by Eccentrick herself, Fantina and Fractured Note. No one else knew just how useful it could be when used on two kinds of ponies.

"Whatever it was... someone is going to pay for this insolence!" Rosa Maledicta furiously yelled before slamming her hoof on the ground, supporting herself up. This greatly angered her. No one had damaged her like this before. Not even Yveltal. "I suspect that it might have been either of those two princesses."

"The alicorn princesses? Are you sure your majesty?" Fractured Note asked.

"I'm not done with them yet...I have more of their lifespans to take. And if it was them, I'll make sure they suffer for this!" Her eyes were burning with anger as the smoke would start subsiding but it would still linger around. Her plans were still the same however the damage she felt from this wouldn't go unpunished. Rosa Maledicta wasn't even safe when within her castle.

This threw her for a loop in many ways but beyond just being harmed by this, Rosa Maledicta then felt something off. Something was very off. She felt the field of magic that shielded Magehold being non-existent.

"My field...what has happened to it?"


Ponyville.

"Fluttershy's gone?! And all of that happened? No way..." Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash was informed of everything by Ash. Now she was finally caught up to speed.

"Yeah. That's all you gotta know right now. And this time, we're going straight for Magehold." Ash continued. "We're gonna have all the help we can get when reaching there. Everyone back at the Crystal Empire's already gearing up for it and pretty soon, Celestia's gonna send a lot of her forces there next.

"I wish we could go there right about now and crash the whole place!" Rainbow Dash groaned, knowing she could just enter it, unfortunately. "Ugh, this blows!"

"I feel ya. I wanna do the same. But we gotta have a lot of friends on our side. They've all gone through the gateway right now. Just as you said, right, Major?" He looked up at the Ursa Major who confirmed this with a head nod. "We'll meet up with them and decide what to do next. Some of them wanna rest after all."

"I just can't believe Fluttershy's gone..." Rainbow Dash was still taking in Fluttershy's disappearance, descending from the air and sitting down in disbelief. She wasn't alone in this. Ash and the others felt the same way but they did not lose hope. Not when Ash was the one to restore it.

Audino went up to the pegasus, ready to comfort her just like how Ash did minutes ago. Fluttershy was in peril, potentially coming to the side of the Dread League if they succeed in getting the Bat Pony side of her out. Ash wished to see all of his friends smiling and happy once more but that couldn't happen until they tackle the Dread League themselves. He spoke to himself while looking up at the air, thinking of not just Fluttershy but also Cadence, Flurry Heart, Yveltal and Fantina.

"Just wait for us...Fluttershy. Everyone. We're coming."

As the journey continues.


Chapter 162 End.

PreviousChapters Next