• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,321 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,321

PreviousChapters Next
Against Tempest Shadow

Mount Aris. Late Afternoon.

Tempest Shadow had arrived. It didn't take long for her to eventually find Mount Aris when tracking down Ash's group. She had arrived with some Storm Creatures, continuing the pursuit of Princess Twilight Sparkle.

And already, when showing up, she attacked the pool that harboured some life. A majority of this city was dead so there was no point exploring it. Tempest still knew that there was life here and the pool was proof of it. Water Pokemon were currently being attacked by Tempest and the Storm Creatures with Sneasler leading the charge.

But Tempest didn't just come with a large group of Storm Creatures. She had something else. Striking the water was a familiar green energy that was being shot out of what appeared to be a cube. That energy would interact with the water, immediately leaving holes in it.

This disrupted most of the Water Pokemon as they would fall through the holes that had been left behind. But there was no other body of water below for them to fall into. This power had thrown the natural flow of the sea off balance. This was, of course, Zygarde's power.

From the cube, it was even messing with the already ruined land. This old city that the Hippogriffs once populated had its land altered and disrupted thanks to the Zygarde's power as it was used to intimidate and threaten those that could be found here. The Storm Creatures would even gain some protection around their bodies thanks to the cube, which was serving some well-needed benefits. It allowed them to breathe underwater for a start.

"With some of the power the Storm King lent us, we can now change the shape of the land." Tempest Shadow said as the Storm King ended up sharing this power with his forces. She recalled how it went down and how she obtained this cube in the first place.

It was after the Storm King unleashed the power of Zygarde and the Sea Temple Crystals on Celaeno's Ship. With just that one blast, he was the victor, forcing Celaeno and everyone on board to surrender. However, Tempest recalled how even after their loss, thanks to their new resolve, the crew would not go back to working for the Storm King ever again.

The Storm King would deal with them later but he had to keep moving since Zygarde was currently after him. Celaeno's crew wouldn't be forgotten about when this is over. And the same went for Capper, who unfortunately got himself involved in this mess. As for the power of Zygarde and the Crystals, the Storm King had transferred some of its power into a cube, allowing that cube to be used.

That led to now as Tempest Shadow was taking full advantage of this power that the Storm King granted her. And with this power, all of this disturbance to the land would reach the hidden area that the Hippogriffs have made. The water was targeted more than anything else, losing its usual composition as the ecosystem that had been built up here for a few years was being demolished.

It elevated to a point where the hole that Tempest Shadow made was deepened. And this deepened hole was going straight for the hidden waters where the Hippogriffs were residing.


"We're being attacked?!" Queen Novo gasped after hearing about the news from Alomomola. "The Storm King's here?!"

And right as she said, the hole that Tempest Shadow formed had reached the Hippogriffs. By making a hole, it created a current of air in the middle of the water which resulted in a powerful vacuum that was pulling up the rest of the water. Naturally, this created some massive problems for the Hippogriffs. The Hippogriffs screamed as they were being pulled by this current of air.

"W-What's happening?!" Pinkie Pie's jaw dropped at this earth-changing event that not many have witnessed. No one has really witnessed this at all.

"The Water's being pulled up! How's that possible?!" Twilight blurted, bewildered by the sight she was witnessing. But she had no time to be taken aback by it as this hole was meant for her. The pull of the air was already pulling up many Hippogriffs and Water Pokemon as this was Tempest Shadow's way of trying to force Twilight out.

"Can we close that thing?!" Rainbow Dash was opting to close it. But how on earth would they close this open tunnel that had separated the water? They had to think fast as some of them were already starting to be pulled in.

"E-Esp!" Espeon cried out as she could feel her body being pulled back, only for Twilight to grab onto her. The tunnel that was made by Tempest Shadow's actions would also grow some more, digging deeper just to bring in more of the power air currents.

With many Water Pokemon and Hippogriffs swimming for their lives, the pull was getting stronger, gradually removing all water from the area. However, while they were trying to flee from the hole, the Storm Creatures had passed through it. Or rather, they showed up by entering the water, breathing underwater without issue. And with no fear of the air currents.

Now that the Storm Creatures were here, things were spiralling out of control swiftly. The fact that they could ignore the powerful air that was pulling up the water brought plenty of concern. In unison, the Storm Creatures eyed down Twilight Sparkle, who was their main target at the moment. Seeing her, they would swim towards the Princess of Friendship, holding out their arms while the air currents were still trying to pull everyone in.

"Uh...They're coming this way!" Skystar screeched, harming her mother's ears for a moment. "It wasn't my fault this time!"

"Forget about that! They're after the pearl!" Novo said, holding the pearl close to her, thinking that the Storm King was here to finish off what he failed to do years ago.

"No...They're after me!" Twilight swam back as she was seen as more important than the pearl which the Storm King once tried to obtain. "B-But protecting the pearl's a good idea still."

"They won't get you! Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!"

"Pika...Chuuu!" Taking action was Pikachu as he unleashed a blast of 100,000 volts from his body. And since he was underwater, Thunderbolt would gain an increase in power as its volts would go haywire around so much water. As to be expected, the power behind them absolutely staggered the Storm Creatures.

Their bodies were paralyzed instantly as some of them had already fainted in just one shot. Pikachu's Thunderbolt would spread out thanks to the heightened power, latching onto the Storm Creatures one by one. However, more were showing up, showing up from different directions, passing through the water and getting in the way of the Hippogriffs who tried fleeing.

"You'll do better down here! Milotic!" Rarity would throw out her Poke Ball, summoning Milotic into the scene and her natural habitat.

"Milotic!" She was already at a great advantage being underwater. But even in her natural habitat, the vacuum pull was still powerful enough to pull her back as well. Speaking of which, Ash and the others were now starting to move as the pull had reached a critical level.

Twilight tried holding everyone in place with her magic but even with her magic, the pull was just strikingly strong. Tempest Shadow made sure it would be strong enough to handle an alicorn's magic and it showed. Queen Novo could feel the pearl slowly slipping away from her hooves as it was being pulled in as well. Her guards tried keeping her back but they were being sucked in, unable to overpower this.

Screams filled the area as the Storm Creatures swam over to Twilight Sparkle who was rather vulnerable at the moment. All the while, Tempest Shadow was above them all, waiting for Twilight Sparkle to show up. She heard all the screaming down there, already expecting her plan to be a smash hit. And she wasn't the only one who had this kind of plan in mind.


Elsewhere, the Storm King was essentially doing the same thing. He had the same idea as Tempest Shadow but for the Badlands, which was mainly dry, there was no hole in the sea to make. So it was just the ground. But the damage he did to it far surpassed what Tempest Shadow was doing. Once more, he used Zygarde's power, shooting at the land below him and changing the terrain to however he wanted. And in his eyes, he envisioned something that would fit in perfectly with the Badlands.

And that would start with a powerful wave of destruction that was flying out of the ground. Green cracks could be seen ripping through the earth as the Storm King moved his staff, controlling that green energy and shattering the ground along the way. He would eventually pull his storm back, letting the energy do everything else.

Though the Badlands may be dry and rough but it still had its own ecosystem. And now, that ecosystem was perishing. Some of the Pokemon who managed to make this place their home would run for the hills but the hills won't exist for much longer. The gullies and ravines were being shifted and transformed as the dense system that the badlands possessed were being thrown out of balance, reshaping various caprocks, hoodoos and other areas of the Badlands.

Naturally, something like this would also reach Klugetown which received the energy cracks already. The energy started tearing apart Klugetown below, giving the residents a taste of this strange power. The power to reshape the earth.

Rushing as fast as it could was Zygarde. It was still pursuing the Storm King, following his trail of destruction as the green energy that was flying out of the ground would also lead straight to him. Zygarde slithered with its Z-Shaped body, excellently evading these outbursts of energy that would damage the land. In the distance, it could see the Storm King's ship, rushing as fast as it could in its 50% Forme.

Zygarde had to fix the world but before it could do that, it had to defeat the one damaging it. But while Zygarde was focused on the Storm King, Princess Celestia and her group had something else in mind. And that involved protecting the land, which Zygarde was trying to do at the moment.

Celestia looked over at what destruction the Storm King had left behind as his ship was not far away at all. Seeing the energy flying out of the earth, Celestia and Luna would immediately tend to this as the nearby Pokemon were being threatened by such a power. With the help of Reshiram and Zekrom, they would fight this powerful energy outburst.

Reshiram and Zekrom grabbed as many Pokemon as they could, taking them off the ground and allowing Celestia and Luna to work their magic. Together, the two of them unleashed magic onto the green energy, attempting to reverse what has been done. Or at least try and subdue it.

"If we can at least stop the destruction and subdue it, we'll keep the ecosystem from suffering any longer," said Celestia, pouring plenty of magic into this. The golden light from her magic was overlaying some of the green parts, showing it was working to some extent.

They were not alone in this. Hovering over the dry and waterless lands of the Badlands was other than the Sea Temple. The way it got here was by having the Sea Temple hover, utilizing the crystals to do so. And the crystals would also be used to assist the princesses, targeting the energy.

The crystals focused on Zygarde's power which was seeping out, attempting to reverse the damage via Alo's order. Right now, they stopped their pursuit of the Storm King just to heal this part of the ecosystem before it goes out of control. However, the Storm King had switched positions. He was still near but not quite ahead of them.

instead, he was right behind them all. The Storm giggled, eyeing down Princess Celestia and Luna now that they were out in the open for him to see. And with this opportunity, he wouldn't waste it. "I've been seeing your ship chasing me down the whole time. Not for long..."

With one aim, he eyed down Celestia and Luna, wondering which princess he should start with first. Even though Reshiram and Zekrom were here, the Storm King still felt the urge to spring into action. With his mind made up, he unleashed the beam at the two sisters.

However, Reshiram and Zekrom would swoop in to save the day, using their bodies to protect the two Sisters. However, the Storm King grimaced as this was something he was also looking forward to. The power from the staff was beginning to draw energy from the Twin Dragons. The Dragon Duo growled, feeling some of their power leaving their bodies. The two of them would exert energy from their bodies, pushing back the light that came from the staff.

"Storm King!" Celestia yelled, using her Royal Celestia Voice to reach him.

"The Princesses of Equestria! Great!" The Storm King laughed. "I've been waiting for this. Your place has been quite the little adventure, hasn't it? Now, it'll come to an end once I take it from you."

"That won't happen!" Luna shouted. Just then, the work they were doing to the land had been ignored simply because of the Storm King's arrival. "You've seen us at last and now you know what we hold to deal with threats such as yourself."

"Hah! Don't wanna know but I'm guessing those two gave a clue too. Anyway! Hand it over, or end up like those two!"

"We might have to confront him here, Luna. Until Twilight and the others can reunite with us. The Sea Temple will see to that. With multiple of those crystals on our side, we have a chance. Remember to keep the People of the Water safe, alright? And watch out for Zygarde?"

"Here goes! This is where your magic is fully mine!" A beam was fired, targeting the two princesses by splitting into two parts.

"Dragon Pulse!" A dual Dragon Pulse flew out from both Reshiram and Zekrom, intercepting the beam that the Storm King unleashed, entering an immediate clash. Sparks flew as the battle between these two sides had finally begun. And at such a close angle as well.

As for the Sea Temple, they were still doing what they could to help the Princesses while also making sure to keep their crystals safe. Because right now, at this moment, more Storm Creatures were dropping down, ready to attack the Sea Temple castle once more. The clash of Dragon Pulse came to an end, turning out to be a tie which would blow up in the air. However, the Storm King now had some of Reshiram and Zekrom's power and the moment the smoke cleared, he would use that power for himself in a heartbeat.

Through the smoke, a blast of grand fire and lightning came crashing out, striking the Twin Dragons. Reshiram took the Lightning while Zekrom received the Fire. The two of them were pushed back by the Storm King's counterattack which had been influenced by the Sea Temple Crystals.

Reshiram and Zekrom growled after taking an altered version of their respective elements. Some of Zygarde's power was also added into it which elevated the damage. Before the Storm King could use that power again, Celestia and Luna would take action, unleashing beams of magic that went upwards, passing by the Dragons of Truths and Ideals.

Right as the Storm King was ready to shoot at them again, the magic of Celestia and Luna came flying in. The Storm King grimaced before receiving a dual blow from the Royal Sisters. And it was right in the face too just for extra damage. The Storm King stumbled for a moment before regaining his balance.

At the same time, the Golurk from the Canterlot Guards were approaching his airship from above. And thanks to Celestia and Luna's actions, they had enough time to break in. A Golurk had its fist out, punching right into the Storm King's Airship. This prompted all the other Golurk to the same was Automaton Fists came flying in, striking the airships from different sides. But more importantly, the Golurk managed to enter the airship thanks to the holes they made.

Now the Golurk could attack from inside as the Storm King failed to keep them out this time. And with their break-in, they had only one goal and that was to retrieve the two Sea Temple Crystals. At this point, the Storm King has already taken their power and placed them in his staff. Taking the crystals away won't exactly undo that power absorption, but it will certainly prevent him from trying anything else with the crystals.

Of course, the Storm King wasn't about to let this happen. Once he recollected himself and saw that the Golurk have broken in, he would see that he had to amp things up. He raised his staff, channelling the power from within once more. And this time, he would summon something from the clouds themselves. The energy of Zygarde, the crystals and the power of Reshiram and Zekrom were harnessed, crashing down.

Celestia and Luna narrowed their eyes as this mixture of energies was also bright on the eyes. A great flash would envelop parts of the sky before reaching the ground. This consuming flash did not reach the Sea Temple but it was the effects that targeted the Sea Temple. Next to them, lightning and fire would shoot out of the sea, rocking their temple as now it was starting to take damage from the outside.

It may have been built to withstand the sea but when it comes to other elements, that was another story. Alo and everyone in the temple would hear and feel the sound of Fire and Lightning striking Samiya as the power of Zygarde would disrupt the sea. The sea had been altered, losing its natural order. A huge part of it was starting to open up, changing it into a steep waterfall. But it was a waterfall with no other form of water waiting below them.

Anyone unfortunate to fall down there would either drop into what could be an abyss or solid ground. The Sea Temple was already starting to sway in that direction thanks to the Storm King's actions. The citizens held on tightly while the guards used the power of the crystals to make sure the Sea Temple crystal would not fall. Even though they had more crystals than the Storm King, the usage of two crystals made the Storm King rather fierce thanks to what he can do with them.


Back at the area of the Hippogriffs, it was chaos here now that the Storm Creatures have shown up, targeting Princess Twilight. At the moment, Twilight and her friends were trying to prevent themselves from being pulled up thanks to what Tempest has done. More and more Hippogriffs and Water Pokemon would start flying through the large tunnel of air, screaming as they were unable to prevent this.

"Sceptile! Use Frenzy Plant!" Applejack yelled as her hat was starting to come from all of this air. There had to be something to stop this from continuing and she thought of only one way. From his hands, Sceptile would unleash massive roots that were born underwater.

These roots flew out, latching on the sea walls while also being underneath the massive tunnel. Right as another Hippogriff was about to through it, she would bump her head on the massive roots instead which prevented her from leaving. A successful and clever idea from Applejack's part. Thanks to those massive roots, they would block anyone from going through the tunnel, even holding back some of the air currents as it had been weakened.

"Gah! Nice save, Applejack!" Pinkie Pie gasped, breathing in and out.

"Sceptile, I need you to stay there for me, partner!" Applejack pleaded. Sceptile had to keep these roots there otherwise the air current would return. Sceptile understood clearly as he wasn't planning to let go at all. He would keep these roots there even if it was straining him.

"Pikachu! Quick Attack!" This allowed Ash and the others to focus on the Storm Creatures at last. And Pikachu would strike, moving rapidly through the water and becoming a white streak. He would crash right into some of the Storm Creatures, sending them flying into the others.

"Eve, use Dazzling Gleam!"

"Milotic, Dragon Tail!"

"Espeon!" Meanwhile, Espeon and Milotic swung into action as well with Milotic slapping away any incoming Storm Creatures with her tail which was encased in a draconic energy, giving it that extra oomph. Underwater, she had the momentum advantage as she would elegantly evade an incoming tackle from one of the Storm Creatures, moving like a serpent. She would slap that same Storm Creature before evading another one and smacking him as well.

Espeon would bombard these creatures with rainbows, pushing them back and dealing consecutive damage as she refused to let any of them touch Twilight for a moment. Queen Novo swam off, making sure that the pearl would be safe. There was still a very good chance that the Storm King would want it after failing to get it the first time and she couldn't take that risk. Following her was her daughter, Skystar.

"We can't hide the pearl in that room anymore, Skysta. Now that the Storm King's here, it needs to be someplace else where they can't find it."

"But that was the only place we could think to hide it. What else is there?" Skystar asked, worried. Novo didn't even exactly have anywhere else in mind. Anywhere but the throne room would be a better option if that option existed.

"Perhaps the King of the Sea can-"

"Twilight Sparkle!" Suddenly, the voice of Tempest Shadow shot through the water, loud enough for everyone else to hear. At last, Tempest Shadow had arrived, entering the water and granting herself protection from the wind and water. She would land directly on Sceptile's roots, keeping that sharp look on her face.

"Tempest!" Twilight gasped. Her location had been found without a doubt. Just when she had discovered the area that Celestia needed her to be at and the item that was needed to deal with the staff. Alas, Queen Novo had swum off with the pearl, trying to keep it safe. And for good reason.

"Sneasler. Dire Claw."

"Snea!" As for the roots, they were quickly attacked by Tempest's Ace Pokemon Sneasler, who came diving in with poisonous claws. Tempest stood there as Sneasler excellently cut through the roots with just one strike, poisoning them as well. Sceptile gasped as his roots had been destroyed with just one attack which prompted the powerful air currents that Tempest Shadow had made to continue flowing.

And they would continue flowing immediately, bringing the aggression back. Unfortunately, Ash and his friends couldn't focus once more thanks to these currents making a comeback. Tempest Shadow already knew of the right approach to deal with Ash's group now that they were underwater, making sure that they had no advantage at all. Twilight groaned as she was already being pulled off by the air currents now that the roots were gone, unable to keep them at bay.

"Twilight!" Ash would grab onto Twilight's hoof, trying to keep her here. Twilight tried holding onto Ash's hands, struggling to find any clear strength.

"Off her!" Tempest Shadow yelled before using the power inside of the cube once more. By using the power, she elevated the air currents while also creating a large tunnel. And as a bonus, she would sprinkle some of her magic in the mix. A spark of her magic went straight for Ash, hitting him directly in the face. She may have a broken horn but she could still generate magic, although it was rather destructive and erratic. And with just that one boost in power, Twilight had been ripped away from Ash's hands.

Twilight bellowed as she was pulled towards the tunnel, only for Sneasler to catch her. She was now in the grasp of the enemy. Tempest Shadow smirked as Ash went flying back from that hit to the head. The solider of the Storm King would quickly return to the surface, having the air currents send her, Sneasler and Twilight upwards.

"No...Twilight!" Ash yelled as the hit that Tempest Shadow delivered to his head was more serious than what anyone else would think. Since the magic was very destructive, the damage it would leave behind was nothing to scoff at as Ash could feel a part of his head smoking. His eyes narrowed, on the verge of closing as he saw Twilight being taken away. Ash clenched his fist, refusing to let this stop him at all.

He held his smoking face, regaining his balance in the water but the currents were still here and present. Except this time, thanks to Tempest Shadow, the direction of the currents had been reversed. Now, they were moving in the other direction, pushing everyone back instead just to get them away from Twilight at all costs. As for Twilight, she was now with the enemy, and how things would go with her now that she was on her own had yet to be seen.

As the journey continues.


Chapter 209 End.

PreviousChapters Next