• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,332 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,332

PreviousChapters Next
Misplaced under the Moon

Alola. Poni Island. Seafolk Village. Floating Restuarant. Afternoon.

After an encounter with Twilight Moonlight at the Altar of the Sunne, Ash and Twilight returned to the Seafolk Village, sitting at the Floating Restuarant that was shaped like a Wailord. There, Anabel would share information that wasn't confidential. It was something that was free to hear, especially in front of Ash.

"Twilight Moonlight couldn't have gone far. If I find her again, I'll use the Rift Disruptor a second time, extending her duration in this world." Anabel spoke while Ash was currently snacking on some noodles along with Pikachu. "I never thought she was specifically targeting you, Ash. Especially places that you've been to."

"Weird, right? I only heard about her. Meeting with her for the first time sure was something." Ash said after slurping up some noodles, having the most elated look on his face. "Out of every Twilight I've met, she's definitely got that gaze, just like our Twilight."

"Pikachu!"

"What do you mean by that?" Twilight said, showing off that exact same gaze. She wasn't aware of it but she puts on a serious face, she greatly resembles Twilight Moonlight's serious steely expression that she constantly had on her.

"Just like that." Ash chuckled and so did Espeon, agreeing with him. "So, Anabel. You've been all over the place too chasing after her. Never thought I'd see you as a member of the International Police. I was pretty worried."

"You were?"

"Yeah. I thought something bad happened to you after Wicke told me you were pulled in by an Ultra Wormhole. Stuff about you was supposed to be different, but I guess I didn't need to worry that much." said Ash with great relief. "I'm glad you're safe."

"W-Well, it's nice to know that you were worrying about me." This greatly pleased Anabel even if she made it sound minimal. She may carry a serious exterior, her feelings towards Ash change that at the right moment as her cheeks became rosy after Ash's concerns. Naturally, this made Twilight side-eye.

"Ahem!" Twilight cleared her throat. "Anyway, where has she been exactly? Can you tell us about the places she's tackled?"

"Right. You see, Queen Ilene of the Rota Kingdom was the first to tip us off about this. We learned that Twilight Moonlight was attacking the Tree of Beginning. That was her first target that we were aware of. It was rather noticeable as well. Her goal was to destroy the Tree of Beginning much like how she wished to eradicate the Altar of the Sunne and Moone."

"Those two are places Ash has also been to. But she was stopped by the Regis when she got there, right? Or was it the International Police?"

"When we got there, she was already in the midst of battling against the Regis." Anabel could remember it clearly when she showed up with the International Police. Twilight Moonlight had a fierce encounter with the Guardians of the Tree of Beginning.


Kanto. The Tree of Beginning. A few months back. Nightfall.

She appeared there under the Full Moon. The International Police were called immediately by Queen Ilene as the ruckus was very much visible to her. Thanks to the balcony she owns, the Queen could view the Tree of Beginning from afar and Twilight Moonlight was certainly dealing some damage.

Violet flashes could be seen from afar, straight from Twilight Moonlight's magic. And when arriving there, the International Police already witnessed the pony from another universe in action.

She was currently facing off against Regice and Regirock respectively, having Samurott out. The International Police were already at risk being here since the Tree of Beginning was on high alert, using its antibody Fossils to protect it. Thankfully, they were warned by Queen Ilene, prompting them to keep away from the tree. The best they could do was stand at the entrance.

A third Pokemon of Twilight Moonlight was also seen. In this case, it was a Dragapult. The Dragapult used Dragon Pulse on Regice, pushing it back and slamming the Iceberg Pokemon against the walls. Samurott would enter an up close clash with Registeel with his swords, hitting the highly defensive steel body. It was harder to push Registeel away compared to Regice but with Twilight Moonlight using her magic, she would give herself the edge.

As for the Pokemon here, they were very much fearful of the scenario. Why was this pony and her Pokemon attacking their home? She wasn't exactly harming them but she was fixated on one part of the tree. The centre of it.

"Out of my way!" She shouted. "I'd rather not continue fighting you. All I need to do is neutralize what's in the centre of the tree so that way, Prisma doesn't use it again. You can all still live here."

But the Regis weren't having any of that. No matter what her reasoning was, they couldn't allow their home to be damaged in any way. Thus, they would continue fighting to protect their home and the Pokemon in it.

We first learned about her Prisma obsession on the day we saw her. She was dedicated to neutralizing whatever was in the tree without destroying it. We classified it as a mild threat. Nothing too serious as she wasn't targeting the Pokemon at all.

Knowing this, the International Police would take it easy. And of course, they wouldn't dare anger the Tree of Beginning. It was already rather furious thanks to Twilight Moonlight's actions. But once Twilight Moonlight spotted the International Police outside thanks to a hole that was blown through the tree, she knew that her mission was starting to be exposed, all thanks to the call from Queen Ilene.

Twilight Moonlight would cut her battle with the Regis short, running off with her Pokemon. At the same time, the antibodies would chase her down while the Regis would take different pathways just to catch up with her. But of course, Twilight Moonlight was still running short on time in this world, having a limit.

The International Police would track her down, moving around the outside of the Tree of Beginning instead of the inside. That way, they could avoid the antibodies. It was a clever play on their part. However, because of their approach and Twilight Moonlight's time limit, they were too late.

By the time they reached the centre, Twilight Moonlight was gone. All that was left were Rift Particles dispersing. She already blew a hole in this part of the tree, going straight for what was in the centre but was soon stopped by the antibodies and the Regis.

She was gone. But when we arrived at the centre, we saw what she was targeting. And according to Queen Ilene after we reported back, it was something that never existed in the tree before. Until now.

Upon reaching the centre, the International Police gazed at what appeared to be a Nucleus of some sort. It had an azure colour to it. It was floating in the air, letting off repeated pulses that were impossible to hear. No one here could hear it. They could only hear the pulses go off.

From what Queen Ilene said, it sounds like it had recently shown up there. The Tree of Beginning doesn't even need it to function at all. But there was clearly some importance with it if Twilight Moonlight was planning to neutralize it. This was just the beginning of our encounter with her. Her next target ended up being Alamos Town's Space-Time Towers.


Sinnoh. Alamos Town.

Once again, Twilight Moonlight was present there. But this time, she came with company. Other ponies that most likely came from the same world she was from had appeared at Alamos Town. And their mission involved the two Space-Time Towers.

This time we were called by the town's mayor, who spoke of a group of ponies suddenly attacking the Space-Time Towers. Compared to the Nucleus we found, she was planning to fully obliterate the tower. We weren't sure if she was willing to harm others to make it possible. But the second we heard about this and arrived at the scene, we saw her yet again. That just raised our suspicions greatly. However, someone beat us to it.

The International Police were too late as it was Darkrai who defended the Space-Time Towers. An encounter with Twilight Moonlight and her group transpired at the top of the towers. Darkrai already proved what it would do to keep Alamos Town safe, especially the garden. Even though Twilight Moonlight wasn't threatening the garden, the towers were still important to the one Darkrai cared the most about.

The citizens told us that Darkrai fended them off as they suddenly vanished. Mainly because they ran out of time. But Darkrai feared that they would return. Just like how Twilight Moonlight returned to the Altar of the Sunne. There would be times where she and her group would try again and it would always be at night.

Even though they were late, the International Police now had Twilight Moonlight and her group fully on their radar. Thanks to what Darkrai shared, they would be ready for her next appearance. At least, they would try and figure out where she would appear. The International Police would stay around Alamos Town's location for a while.

Strangely, the Space-Time Towers were the one place she came back to the most. Out of every other location, she targeted Alamos the most. And because of that, it made things easier for us.

Twilight Moonlight returned the next day. Or rather, the next night. She and her group were sent here via dimensional travel, here to eliminate the Space-Time Towers. And at that moment, Anabel would encounter Twilight Moonlight for the first time.

"Go, Espeon!" Anabel, ever after being affected by the Ultra Wormhole, summoned her partner Espeon. In response, Twilight Moonlight sent out her Umbreon. On top of this tower, a battle between the two of them took place. Twilight Moonlight figured that she would have to destroy it in the midst of a Pokemon Battle. They can get rather destructive.

This battle between them went on for a while and due to the chaos happening on top of it, they were constantly moving, avoiding imminent danger. All of this burned up Twilight Moonlight's time as she and her group would once again leave. But now they were fully aware of those trying to stop her.

The Operation to Arrest Twilight Moonlight was underway. She was considered a Zealot, however, we kept her existence away from the people, just so they don't get riled up. All across different parts of the world, we pursued her group, stationing ourselves and predicting their next movements.


"Here. These are the images we've gathered." Anabel would show off images on her phone to them. "The Azoth Kingdom was a target of hers. We suspect that something was in there that she wanted to retrieve. She has been to Gracidea, the Diamond Domain, Alto Mare, Shamouti Island and so much more."

"Wow...She really got around. And in only a few months?"

"Our story with her could go on and on but I don't have enough time for that." Anabel shook her head. "All you need to know is that each time she tackles different locations, we discover things that have reportedly never been there before. Much like the Nucleus we found at the Tree of Beginning. They are all rather recent and to Twilight Moonlight, they must be of great importance, so we have confiscated them. Just in case."

"Strange. The Winged Mountain is also something new. Very new." Twilight pondered. "Mountains don't form that fast at all and yet the Winged Mountain was fully developed. Do you think she targeted it as well?"

"Sombra mentioned another weird mountain that was in the way of the Changeling Hive. It was also super new too." Ash replied, recalling something similar.

"Then it isn't a coincidence. Twilight Moonlight obviously knows why this is the case. We unfortunately can't interrogate her yet because she keeps escaping us. Intentionally or unintentionally.

"Back at the Altar of the Sunne, she told me something." Ash could give out something valuable thankfully. "I think she said something about me and Jirachi. Because of the wish I made to keep both worlds together, I ended up bringing some stuff over here."

"Wait. You were the one to make that possible?" Anabel didn't even know about this. She truly was unaware of Ash for a long time despite harbouring feelings for him.

"That's it!" Twilight figured it out, slamming her hoof on the table. "I know what it is! Jirachi's power didn't just get rid of so many of the gateways. It also brought things over. Things from that short-lived world Moonlight mentioned."

"Really?" Ash questioned.

"Really! Twilight Moonlight's trying to prevent this Prisma character from appearing. That's because Prisma comes from this short-lived Utopic World. Twilight Moonlight probably came from that world too but she managed to stick around compared to whoever Prisma is. And if that's the case, what if that Nucleus and the Winged Mountain come from that world? And remember the Time-Space Axis and what we saw there? You even saw that something was off."

"Oh, yeah. You're on to something, Twi." Ash replied. He expected Twilight to be the one to catch on quickly.

"She targeted the Space-Time Towers. Who's to say that she won't target the Time-Space Axis as well?"

"You two know a lot more than I expected." Anabel was amazed by what was being spoken of.

"Well, when you spend time around Ash, you get to see and know a lot." Twilight winked at Anabel, obviously doing it to make her jealous. And it was certainly effective, making Anabel frown, giving her the signature steely look.

"In any case, I should be the one interrogating you two. Not interrogating exactly but could you please share whatever you can with me? The International Police will greatly appreciate this."

"Sorry. That's kinda all we got." Unfortunately, that's where the knowledge came to an end as Ash would simply shrug.

"A shame. But I will keep this all in mind. Right now, I and the rest of Interpol should be pursuing Twilight Moonlight as soon as possible. If I can use the Rift Disruptor on her again, we'll have enough time to arrest her." Anabel stood up. "As for you two, we'll make sure to keep an eye on you. Ash. She clearly wants to get rid of you because of your apparent connection to Prisma. Your life is in danger."

"Well, now she wants to capture me," Ash replied, scratching his hair. "But that's pretty bad too."

"And Twilight. Your counterpart clearly wants to keep you safe and despises you being near Ash. I don't know what's going on, but be careful the next time you meet with her. If anything comes up involving her, let us know as soon as possible."

"Sure. I mean, if we could just talk to her, we might not even have to deal with whatever comes next." Twilight sighed. "She obviously wants to stop something bad from happening but destruction doesn't seem lik the way to go through with it."

"Ash. It's been...nice seeing you again. Hoenn and the Battle Frontier don't exactly fill me with any positive feelings." Anabel had a few things to say to Ash before she could continue with her mission. "I was afraid that because of my memory loss, nothing would please me anymore. I'd take everything seriously with no semblance of joy. But seeing you again changes that."

"I'm just glad you're okay. Good luck with your mission, Anabel." Ash would give a thumbs-up, bringing a positive aura to Anabel.

"Pika-Pika."

"Right. I might see you again. Right now, I have a unicorn to catch." Anabel would finally make her way out of the Floating Restaurant, heading straight for Twilight Moonlight. As for Ash and Twilight, it was high time they got going as well. The Moon could come up at any moment.


Aether Paradise.

Back at the Aether Paradise, the Pheromosas had been successfully sent home by Wicke and the Aether Foundation Employees. The last row of Pheromosas could be seen leaping through the Ultra Wormhole that led to the Ultra Desert. Of course, the Pheromosa Idol was thrown in there as well to keep them occupied with something other than crystals. That idol would now be vital to their land, sticking out in the desert.

Ash and Twilight had returned to see the last of the Pheromosas leaving this world. All the while, Pinkie Pie was feasting on some Alola cuisine, courtesy of the Aether Paradise. They could head home knowing that was one problem dealt with. The Pheromosa Invasion was over as the final Pheromosa left this world by skipping away and performing a mighty leap afterwards.

"So, they're all gone?" Twilight spoke.

"Yep! Mission accomplished!" Pinkie Pie uttered after snacking down on some Malasadas. Her mind and taste buds were melting due to how pleasing they were. "Oooh, these are so goooood!"

"How did things go? Did you meet up with your friend Anabel? Was she alright to you?" Wicke asked, wondering if Ash was doing well after returning.

"Saw her. And it went great. I mean, we got into a battle, but overall! Great!" Ash was very much pleased to see Anabel again. And he could rest easy knowing she was doing well. "Learned quite a lot too."

"That's wonderful. I was rather worried, to be honest." Wickie sighed with relief. "As for the Ultra Wormholes, you won't have to worry about them too much. They may be appearing frequently recently but it's nothing that the Aether Foundation can't handle now that we're expanding ourselves."

"Let's get going, Pinkie. I should get enough sleep for my role as the Pokemon School Principal."

"Aw, now?" Pinkie Pie pouted. "But there's way more food here at Alola that I really wanna try. I hear the Pancakes here are extra special!"

"Well, I'm not stopping you. Have fun. You can get home with ease since you always have Mew by your side." Twilight dismissed it. She could rely on Pinkie to get home on her own. And she may even see Twilight Moonlight along the way if possible.

"Did you say Mew?" Wicke blinked as Twilight said that so casually and refused to elaborate any further. Catching Wicke off guard, Mew would finally reveal himself by popping his head out of Pinkie Pie's mane. This was way more surprising than the abundance of Pheromosas.

It was back to the Sea Temple which would get them back home as soon as possible. But now, Ash and Twilight had to live with the fact that a counterpart to the Princess of Friendship was on a rather serious mission, targeting places Ash has been, dedicated to destroying what she could and even capturing Ash.

It was rather alarming. But to Ash, he wasn't scared at all. This wasn't the first and last time his life has been threatened. His location was also widely known by now. Since Pallet Town was the only location with a clear gateway that could be used by anybody and the fact that Ash's home was the first thing that was seen spoke for itself. Twilight was worried about his wellbeing but there was also her counterpart.

There was some good intention behind her actions but the execution and how bold she was did not help her case. Twilight Moonlight made herself seem more like a vigilante. Or as Anabel stated, a zealot. However, thanks to what Twilight deduced, she now had an idea as to why Twilight Moonlight targeted these areas. And more importantly, what else from this short-lived paradise has managed to show up?

As the journey continues.


Chapter 249 End.

PreviousChapters Next