• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,332 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,332

PreviousChapters Next
A Strong and Sturdy Flavour

Equestria. Manehattan. Battle Carnival. Battle Frontier. The Pokemon Festival. Afternoon.

Successfully defeating the Laundress Barbe, Rainbow Dash moved onto the second stage of the Battle Restaurant. Her next opponent was awaiting her. Thankfully, the next batch of food she and her Pokemon received had healing properties, even if she couldn't let Castform battle in the next stage. As for the crowd, the seats they sat on would start moving, shifting stages just to keep up with this current battle.

"This is the one. Without a doubt." In her mind, Cozy Glow was still thinking of the food she offered up and the surprise that was waiting behind it. It didn't show up in the first stage but she was confident that it would make an appearance on this stage next.

"So, do you think Altaria's wings are gonna go back to normal? They stayed the same even after she ate the food." Sandbar asked.

"Eeeh..." Potion Nova clenched her teeth, rapidly shifting and rolling her eyes. "Well, after the battle is over. I made it so that the effects of my potions run out after a Frontier Battle comes to an end. So unfortunately for Altaria, she's stuck with those deflated wings until this is all over."

"Harsh, don't you think?" Rarity side-eyed Potion Nova, finding that to be a bit cruel to Altaria, who absolutely loved to fly.

"They wanted me to make it a challenge for the Trainers so I had to come up with something." Potion Nova pouted, feeling a bit bad. "It's fine though. Rainbow Dash looks like she can manage just fine even with these disadvantages."

"Of course, she can. Ash trained her after all. She can still win this." Scootaloo uttered. With the seats shifting to the next stage, Rainbow Dash would also appear there and waiting for her was the next opponent.

"Welcome! I see you've already gotten past Barbe." Standing there was another servant of Sharon's family household. A rather large and muscular man stood there with his arms crossed.

"Yeah. And you are...?"

"I am Lady Sharon's bodyguard. I've been protecting her from harm since she was a child." He said. "Hector's the name. Lady Sharon's fortitude came from me...but you haven't reached her yet. And you'll never experience this since this is as far as you go."

"Pssh. If you say so." She held out her next Poke Ball. "Let's make this quick. I've got plans after this Battle Frontier and I'm just starting to look even cooler in front of everyone watching this."

"So quick to be humbled, are we?" Hector would hold his Poke Ball out as well. "Fine then. My Sawk and I will put you in your place!" Hector revealed his first Pokemon and it was a Sawk.

"Sawk!"

"Go! Mienshao!" For Rainbow Dash's third pick, the Martial Arts Pokemon Mienshao was unleashed.

"Mienshao!" It would be Fighting-Type against Fighting-Type. A fair matchup since neither really had any advantages or disadvantages, making this a promising battle from the start.

"The next batch of food that comes by...I won't even bother to eat." Hector shook his head, revealing he wouldn't take the chance of eating the food that was offered up. "I prefer to do things naturally."

"Same here. And I think Mienshao feels the same way. But if it comes down to it, I'll take a swing at it. Plus, the food just tastes so good..." Rainbow Dash's mouth almost melted after speaking those words.

Watching this play out elsewhere was Sharon, who was in her own stage. This entire time, she's been observing Rainbow Dash's battle with Barbe, seeing how she moves. And so far, Sharon liked what she was seeing.

"Battle Start!"

"Let's start off strong! Close Combat!"

"Mien!" Mienshao moved in, ready to use her strongest move possible to truly wrap this battle up in as soon as possible.

"Answer with your own Close Combat!"

"Sawk!" But Sawk also had Close Combat in his arsenal. Both Fighting-Types approached each other, ready to engage in the true definition of Close Combat. Both of their arms crossed each other, resulting in an immediate clash as they just barely missed each other's faces.

The two Fighting-Types then entered a fierce up close exchange. Mienshao relied on her swift movements as to be expected, throwing in a rapid flurry of strikes. But Sawk was in the same boat, having swift strikes as well. Their arms moved at high speeds, appearing as blurs as sparks would appear just from their hands and paws clashing with each other.

Mienshao was trying to put the pressure on Sawk, but found that it would be harder than that. Sawk was focused on defence more than offence as seen by how he was deflecting and meeting some of Mienshao's attacks. Mienshao snarled seeing her attacks being deflected. She could try speeding up as much as she want, Sawk was going to keep up with her.

"Sawk!" Sawk's true speciality came in the form of his chop, as seen by how he managed to slide one in. After deflecting an incoming strike from Mienshao, he delivered a mighty chop to her head.

"M-Mien!" Mienshao's head started shaking from that impact as she was staggered. Afterwards, Sawk would perform a mighty backhand that knocked her aside. The Martial Arts Pokemon was sent flying, tumbling and rolling on the floor before managing to recover.

"Return, Sawk." At that moment, Hector returned the Karate Pokemon, already switching him out for someone else, surprising Rainbow Dash. Judging by how swiftly he made this change, she believed he was about to send out a Flying, Fairy, Psychic or Ghost-Type to mess up Mienshao. "Appear! Throh!"

"Throh!" Instead, It was the brother of Sawk. Throh. Hector had the two Unovan Martial Artists in his party while also facing off against another Unovan Martial Artist.

"Switching out already? Okay then." Rainbow Dash wasn't complaining. The sooner she can take down all two of his Pokemon, the better. "Hit back, Mienshao! Use Aura Sphere!"

"Mien...Shao!" Mienshao generated a ball of concentrated Aura in her paw, soon launching it at the Judo Pokemon. Throh was certainly slower than Sawk, but he still possessed great strength.

"Vital throw!"

"Throh!" Throh couldn't hope to avoid this attack. So instead, he was going to throw it back at Mienshao. With his hands out, he met with the Aura Sphere, managing to hold it. The fierce Aura would pulsate as Throh certainly needed to put a ton of force into keeping this attack from properly landing. But after containing it, the Judo Pokemon would throw it back at Mienshao!"

"Shao?!" Mienshao gasped seeing her own attack returning to her, prompting the Martial Arts Pokemon to sway her body. She narrowly avoided the attack as the strength that Throh threw it back at gave it stunning speed. The Aura Sphere crashed into the walls of the stage, finally coming to an end.

"Come close. If you dare." Hector smiled, suggesting that Rainbow Dash should get up-close and personal with Throah. But obviously, Throh was an expert at up-close exchanges.

"Oh, I'll get close, alright. Knowing this, Rainbow Dash would still go for it. Use Acrobatics, Mienshao!"

"Mien!" Mienshao had a super-effective move waiting. She took off, swiftly moving through the floor and preparing for a mighty leap.

"Earthquake!"

"Throh!" Stomping on the floor, Throh created a mighty tremor that spawned golden shockwaves. However, thanks to Acrobatics, Mienshao leapt over the incoming shockwaves, allowing her to approach Throh.

"Mienshao!" Mienshao landed a super-effective blow, striking at Throh's face.

"T-Throh!" Throh certainly felt it, as seen by how Mienshao started driving her foot into his face, making the attack linger. Afterwards, Mienshao leapt off Throh's face, performing a stylish backflip for the audience. However, even after dealing such a super-effective hit, Throh did not move back. Instead, his feet stayed right where they were and his movements did not change.

"Woah...He took that?!" A stunned Rainbow Dash said. She at least expected Throh to slide back or something.

"Do you think I wasn't prepared for super-effective attacks? As Lady Sharon's bodyguard, you have to be ready for everything and whatever moves you have won't be guaranteed to instantly win, Rainbow Dash."

"We'll see about that." Rainbow Dash grinned while having a sweat drop appear on her head.

"She's the one with a Braviary, right? Why doesn't she just use that?" Gallus pointed out.

"Sometimes Rainbow Dash makes things challenging for herself. It's more fun that way. She got it from Ash since he loves battling with the opposite type a lot." Sweetie Belle answered.

"It's supposed to be fun?" Gallus wasn't seeing it. In his mind, using the best possible type was always the most efficient play, no matter what. "I mean, looking at this is fun but..."

"I'll break through those defences! Watch me! Close Combat!"

"Mienshao!" Mienshao would have to unleash a flurry of attacks on Throh since she had him beat in the speed department. Wasting no time, the Martial Arts Pokemon approached her fellow Fighting-Type.

"Hmph. Brace yourself, Throh!"

"Throh!" Throh would spread his arms out, preparing for the worst. Instead of delivering a swift counterattack, he was going to take all of these hits. And he certainly did. Mienshao started unloading a fierce flurry of strikes against the Judo Pokemon, hitting his chest. Throh stood there, taking all of those hits.

Everyone was shocked to see Throh standing there, receiving a barrage of hard and swift blows and yet his body was still not budging. He stood there as if he were an iron wall. But this iron wall couldn't be broken through with bare fists.

"Mien...!" Mienshao snarled, trying her absolute best to break through his defences. But there was a reason why these Pokemon were the bodyguards of Sharon. Taking heavy hits such as these were why. Throh just looked at Mienshao's snarling face with an unchanging serious expression, which was his only expression.

"Is that all?" Hah!" Hector chuckled. "So much ferocity! And for what?! Perhaps I can just wait you out until your Pokemon run out of stamina."

"Keep talking old man! This isn't the first brick wall I've run into!" Rainbow Dash was a bit off based on what wall she was going up against. "And it won't be the last one I break! Go, Mienshao!"

"Mien!" One of Mienshao's strikes looked to be far stronger than the rest based on how hard she cocked her fist back. It was so strong that it actually made Throh's eyes go up, along with Hector's. This next hit wasn't to be taken lightly.

"Now! Vital Throw!"

"Throh!" Right as this next strike came flying in, Throh would grab Mienshao's arm, stopping the attack entirely. But that wasn't all. After grabbing her arm, the Judo Pokemon would perform a One-Hand Reversal, bringing the Martial Arts Pokemon down by grabbing not just her arm but also her heel.

"S-Shao!" Mienshao gasped as she laid on her back with one arm and one leg up while Throh kept her there.

"Now! Seismic Toss!"

"Throh!" At that moment, Throh would unleash one of the most devastating Fighting-Type moves out there. Seismic Toss. First, he threw Mienshao into the air, allowing her to break free from this hold. But not for long. Throh would also leap into the air, continuing his attack on his airborne foe. Throh grabbed onto Mienshao, ascending higher in the stadium. The two fall to the ground head first but Throh lets go at the last second, leaving the Martial Arts Pokemon to crash.

"Mienshao! Are you okay!" Rainbow Dash cried out as her mane was blowing elegantly thanks to the fierce shockwave.

"M-Mien...!" Mienshao growled while on the floor, absolutely staggered by that blow. She was still active and able to battle, but she was certainly perplexed by what she had to experience. Standing over her was Throh, who wasn't going to leave her spot.

"I believe this is where your Mienshao meets its end," said Hector. "That previous strike did look intimidating enough, I must admit."

"Come on, Rainbow Dash! Whip out your Z-Move and win!" Pinkie Pie cheered, suggesting the usage of the Fighting-Type Z Move. Just then, with a bell sound going off, it was time for the food to appear. The walls opened up to reveal the table of food. Four options, just like before. Rainbow Dash was technically saved by the bell in this instance, having the time to take a break even if Hector wouldn't partake in the food.

And on that table was Cozy Glow's food. The brightest smile appeared on her face as her own selection finally made an appearance and the surprise that was waiting in it. This was the moment she was waiting for.

"Bingo! My meal is here!" She giggled with glee and excitement. Rather malicious excitement. "I'm not a novice when it comes to magic. And the spice I've added is sure to render Rainbow Dash useless. Her body will turn numb and still and let out an energy that'll affect even her Poke Balls so her Pokemon won't be able to do much either. Then, all the blame can go straight to the Battle Frontier and I'm totally safe."

She did have something devious waiting. The plan was to render Rainbow Dash static and still with a strange energy that would apparently hit even her Pokemon, minus Mienshao, of course. The Battle Frontier would take the blame, bringing this battle to a halt and Cozy Glow would have successfully defeated one of the Mane 6, making Rainbow Dash unable to do much at all.

Afterwards, she would focus on the rest of them, having Pinkie Pie on her mind next. The young pegasus already thought about tackling Pinkie Pie's Mew since it was such a rare and powerful Pokemon.

"It isn't over yet. Return, for now, Mienshao." To save Mienshao, Rainbow Dash chose to recall her. "Alright. I can't get past Throh with strikes. I got it."

"Not just strikes, but everything else. You'll need a lot to really stop my Throh. His body has been made to take attacks such as brute force. And my Sawk is a master of deflection, as you've already seen."

"Oh, yeah? Everyone's got a weakness. I don't care how durable your Throh is." Rainbow Dash held out her next Poke Ball, swearing that she would take Throh down. "Go, Altaria!"

"Altaria!" Returning to the stage was Altaria. Her wings were still deflated, unfortunately. Until the entire Battle Restaurant comes to an end, she was stuck like this for now.

"Altaria. I know this is pretty risky, but let's try eating again. We'll see if this one heals you in some way." Rainbow Dash would take the risk, choosing to go for the food instead of finding another way out of this mess. She was hoping that the food in front of her would be enough to rectify Altaria's current setback.

Hector and Throh would simply watch as the duo went straight for the table. Everyone leaned in with anticipation while Cozy Glow was rubbing her hooves together, waiting for the outcome. Once this goes off, she can head back to Daybreaker's alliance, showing the group just how capable she could be. However, there was just one thing Cozy Glow didn't account for that soon clicked into her head.

The correct choice.

With four options in front of them, it was only natural for there to be a chance of Rainbow Dash choosing a completely different dish. And that is exactly what occurred. Cozy Glow's giggles ceased and her body was the one turning still once she saw Rainbow Dash taking a completely different dish.

Instead, Altaria was the one about to take Cozy Glow's dish. "Wait...This isn't how it's supposed to be!" The young pegasus was screaming internally, realizing the one fatal mistake she missed. And it was too late to stop what was coming as Rainbow Dash and Altaria went straight for it.

"Mmm-mm!" The dish that Rainbow Dash indulged in was obviously delicious, soothing her fears and worries.

As for Altaria, the food she ate had a special spice involved. All the other dishes had spices of Potion Nova's potions involved just to give out different dishes but Cozy Glow added her own twist to it, just for the sake of bringing down Rainbow Dash. However, it was clear that this was meant for only Rainbow Dash and no one else.

"Tari?"

"What's wrong Altaria?" Rainbow Dash asked while her mouth was still full.

"Tari...Alta...!" Altaria squinted her eyes as her body was suddenly pulsating with pink sparkles flying out. Her wings were not returning to normal, unfortunately, but something was happening to them. They were starting to wiggle in response to Altaria's pulsating body. Even Hector had to pay attention to this odd occurrence.

Right before everyone's eyes, Altaria was seen transforming into something else. Something more compact. Everyone gasped as the Humming Pokemon's body was turned into a cube. Her body became smaller and more restrained, giving her a less dynamic appearance.

"W-What is this!?" Rainbow Dash swallowed her food before looking in disbelief.

"She's a cube! How's that fair?!" Smolder exclaimed before looking at Potion Nova. "Miss...!"

"Uh...I-I didn't add that effect to my potion!" Potion Nova herself knew that this wasn't one of the options in the Battle Restaurant. "I don't even have a potion for that! Honest!"

"Well, this is um..." Hector scratched his hair. "One of the reasons why I didn't take the risk. This is an odd scenario."

"Well...At least I know it works. I guess the Frontier is still going to take the blame and Miss Potion Nova too. But I really wanted to take down Rainbow Dash. She can just catch another Pokemon to fix this...!" Cozy Glow was rather irritated by this. Her plan was a bust, affecting the wrong Pokemon. However, there was something else that Cozy Glow didn't see coming.

Her potion worked a little too well. Not only did it turn Altaria into a cube, but it started turning the floor into a bunch of cubes. Rainbow Dash looked down to see the floor being broken down into even more simpler shapes. Squares were already used to build these, but now they would be turning into the alternate variant of cubes. The pegasus took flight, keeping her hooves away from the floor. "Woah..."

The walls were being turned into cubes as well as it seemed to only affect Altaria and the environment. Not exactly others. Cozy Glow groaned as her plan was to keep Rainbow Dash in this state and capture her. Her body would be miniscule by the end of it and she would be kept as a prisoner, unable to move or do anything else. Alas, poor Altaria was the victim of that and the environment didn't really receive that large of an impact.

"Hm. You can call it quits now if you want, Rainbow Dash." Hector suggested. "No shame in doing so with this predicament. The Frontier is truly sorry for this mishap."

"Mmm..." The pegasus closed her eyes. Altaria's predicament was an odd one. It seems like this was it for her. She did her best so far, defeating Cinccino and managing to make it to this stage of the Battle Restaurant even with this setback. That would be two Pokemon down, leaving Rainbow Dash with only four.

"Tari!" At that moment, Altaria cried out to Rainbow Dash. She already knew what her best friend was thinking and she absolutely refused to let it happen. Altaria didn't want to accept her defeat here.

"Altaria?" Rainbow Dash gasped after hearing her partner's cry. "You wanna keep going?"

"In that state? Impossible!" Rarity exclaimed.

"Alright. If you say so." Rainbow Dash put her trust in Altaria, not doubting the Humming Pokemon for a second. If Altaria believed she could still do something, then so be it. "And I know what we can do! I wasn't sure about this, but it doesn't hurt it to try it now!" At that moment, Rainbow Dash whipped out her Aerial Goggles, placing them on. And on those goggles was the Mega Stone.

Mega Evolution was nigh.

By tapping onto the Mega Stone, Rainbow Dash harnessed the power of Mega Evolution as a golden energy fly out, resonating with the Altarianite. Since the Altarianite was within Altaria, the energy it let out of would flare out of the Dragon-Flying-Type's body.

Eyes were wide as they marvelled as the brilliant light that emerged from the cube. Altaria's cubed body would glow, releasing brilliant rays for everyone to see. "Altaria! Mega Evolve!"

"Altaria!" At that moment, with a stellar flash, the cubed body of Altaria was enveloped, causing her to become a body of light. She would ascend, taking flight once more as the light forced Hector and Throh to squint. Sharon already stood up for this after seeing Altaria's body become a cube. She oversaw all of the options in her own Battle Restaurant and never expected this. But her and everyone else didn't expect what would come next.

Altaria's body was once again transforming. The power of Mega Evolution was breaking through, bringing Altaria to less compact and compressed form as seen by the energy silhouette forming. However, it wasn't the average Mega Altaria that was appearing.

Right before everyone's eyes, Mega Altaria looked slightly different. The appearance was still that of Mega Altaria which was very recognizable, however, the major difference was the fact that she looked blockier than before.

Right before everyone's eyes, Altaria's body was surrounded and made out of individual cubes. The cubes stayed behind but they no longer kept Altaria's body in one spot. Now, she had her original body back, fluffly wings and all, but with a rather stylish appearance. It was almost identical to the Digital Magic that the Aura Vampire Gardevoir found.

And just like the Digital Magic, it had the most peculiar energy radiating from it. These two energies greatly resembled the Dragon-Type and Fairy-Type colours but they didn't have their usual appearances. There was something rather otherworldly about them.

"What is that...?" Ash gawked.

"Pikachu..."

"I don't believe it..." But even though Potion Nova never made this type of potion, the end result is something she knew about and it put a smile on her face. "Mega Evolving while in that state has created a new types of matter. Two of them even. They have that same appearance as Dark Matter or Anti Matter."

"A new type of matter? Then what are they called?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well, they're new so they don't have a name. But if I had to guess and give them a name, it looks like Dragon Matter and Fairy Matter. This also might be the result of the Harmony Phenomenon since Altaria and Rainbow Dash put their trust into each other."

"Awesome..." The name that Potion Nova gave them was truly spectacular to listen to. Not to Cozy Glow. That internal screaming from before would shatter windows if everyone could hear it. This completely turned her plan upside down.

"What do you mean Dragon Matter and Fairy Matter! Those aren't things, are they!?" She pulled on her mane, wondering if it could get any worse than this.

"So it's new, huh?" Rainbow Dash grinned. "I'm not one to use something like this out of nowhere. Seems a bit unfair but...I gotta know what this does."

"Prepare yourself, Throh! This could be bad!" Hector warned.

"Throh!" Throh was ready. Matter or not, the Judo Pokemon was ready for any challenge, taking on his signature stance. Meanwhile, Altaria, who had no idea what she has just unlocked would continue battling.

One thing was for sure, Mega Evolution fixed the problem but created something new in the process. And the Harmony Phenomenon seemed to be another factor in all of this. The power to continue even in a rough spot was a semblance of harmony after all as the journey continues.


Chapter 354 End.

PreviousChapters Next