• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,321 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,321

PreviousChapters Next
Drowsy Daisies

Johto. The S.S Aqua. The Pokemon Festival. Late Afternoon.

Arriving here on the seas of Johto and parking right next to the S.S Aqua was the Dimensional Castle Twilight Wish uses. She was here for one reason. Twilight Wish was aware of two Twilights being in the same area this close to each other and now that she was here, a certain reaction went off that alerted Twilight Sparkle and Twilight Moonlight.

All she had to do was get up there on the S.S Aqua. While she didn't have wings, she had levitation. Using her magic, she carried herself through the air.

"Hold it. You haven't paid for this ship. No access." An employee halted Twilight Wish, holding his hand out the second she got near one of the platforms.

"Marill!" A Marill, who was wearing a cap and an employee on this ship would do the same.

"Pay?!" She jerked back. Quickly, she looked into her saddlebag, searching for a form of currency to use. "Can I still get on if I just showed up? Will this do?" She revealed a small bit of currency that she was carrying with her. It was not much at all.

"Hmmm..." The employee and Marill observed the currency. "Sorry. No can do. This isn't the right currency anyway.

"Ah." Twilight Wish lowered her head in defeat. "Figured. Different world, different currency."

"It's alright. Let her on." Allowing access for Twilight Wish was Princess Celestia. She had all the power here after all. The employee and Marril understood, giving entry to Twilight Wish.

"Oh, thank you, Princess Celestia!" Relieved, Twilight Wish shot herself on board, ending her levitation. "Glad I showed up at this time. The castle was ready to go somewhere else. Honestly, I was hoping for Sinnoh..."

"Another Twilight..." Ash gawked, seeing Twilight Wish for the first time. The resemblance was there yet again but this Twilight looked a bit more like Twilight Velvet. At least when looking at her mane and tail style. "She looks like her mom this time. Feels like we've done this before..."

"Pika."

"Oh!" Twilight Wish jerked up after seeing Ash. Immediately, she saw Prisma, much like how she saw that enigmatic character in Hilbert and the others. "Ooh...You look like him the most."

"What are you doing here?" Twilight Sparkle approached her other self.

"I'm hoping you felt it too. I sure did. Do you remember that feeling you got when you first met me?" Twilight Wish got straight to the point, making sure her counterpart was immediately fixated on it.

"Yes? And...I got something else recently. But it didn't feel like what happened last time." Twilight Sparkle was on the same page. "But you just showed up here though."

"We probably shouldn't be too close with each other." Twilight Wish moved back. "Because there's one more of us on board. I didn't show up when you were near another Twilight. You called her Sci-Twi, right?"

"One other? That would mean..." It clicked for Twilight. She knew who the other Twilight was. The more aggressive one. "Is she here?! Right now!"

"Mmm...Right now." Twilight Wish confirmed it without holding back at all. Twilight Moonlight was indeed on the S.S Aqua right now. And of course, Twilight Moonlight herself was already planning ahead, listening in on this conversation. She had her head near the door, staying silent and observant. "It's dangerous for all four, a minimum of three of us to be near each other."

"Why would it be?" Rainbow Dash questioned. "Ash has been around Red and the others before. What's so different about this?"

"Well, for us...there's a different rule. Only me and Moonlight know this. No matter what, the four of us cannot meet up again. We each have to be distant from each other two of us should at least be near one another. Never together."

"But why? Wouldn't it be a positive if all four were together?" Luna wasn't seeing the flaw here at all.

"It should be. But there's a massive drawback. One that was left behind by Prisma." Once more, Prisma was involved in this and Twilight Wish and Luminaria knew about this drawback. "It's a bit faint but we know it. Before we split up, Prisma made sure that reuniting would spell a disaster."

"Of course it's Prisma..." Twilight Sparkle sighed. "But why would all four of us lead to that? Wouldn't it be a positive based on what we've heard"

"Uhh..." Twilight Wish grimaced, looking to the side. "I was going to save this until the right time. But now is the right time. You should hear this. What's the name of that one Twilight who's apparently evil? I never got her name. Only heard things about her. She looks like all of us but she's like our alter-ego though."

"You mean Midnight Sparkle?" There was only one pony that came to mind and that was Midnight Sparkle, as said by Ash.

"That's the one!" Twilight Wish confirmed. "That's who we should be careful of. Twilight Luminaria's alter-ego is Midnight Sparkle. Except her name is Midnight Luminaria instead. That's another thing we all share in common. During their last confrontation, Prisma did something to her that birthed an alter-ego. But Midnight won't show up if the two of us meet. Not even for a moment."

"Of course not! Twilight's all good!" Rainbow Dash praised her alicorn friend, placing her hoof around her neck.

"I don't know about all..." Twilight grumbled, being rather modest and humble about herself.

"But it's important to know this. I don't mean to sound rude but it's true. Both Twilight Moonlight and Sci-Twi are the closest to becoming Midnight. If we're to reunite, the chances of us emerging as Twilight Luminaria become split. It's either Midnight or Twilight."

"Is that why Twilight Moonlight was after you?" Celestia referred back to when Twilight Wish was being hunted down by Twilight Moonlight and her group. That hunt was still going on to this day.

"Oh, no, no. That was another reason entirely. Either way, I can't get too close to her if there's more than two of us around. I was thinking of coming here to warn you all and prevent the three of us from meeting up. As long as I can do that, it'll be fine. Plus...I'm in a bit of danger myself by being here."

Twilight Wish was onto something. Sci-Twi already became Midnight Sparkle once and even though she was defeated, that part of her still remains. After all, Zeraora sensed her presence upon seeing Sci-Twi just once. Ash knew this too and now this puts a new perspective on things.

Either Twilight Moonlight or Sci-Twi will result in another emergence of Midnight Sparkle. On top of that, there was also the fear of Prisma returning. Those two powerful figures returning could spell something truly horrific the likes of which have never seen before.

Twilight Moonlight was aware of this as well. And after listening in to this, she moved away from the door, knowing what was coming next. Her existence of the S.S Aqua was known by the others now.

"So, where is she?" Celestia shifted her eyes, searching for Twilight Moonlight at once. Ash's Lucario was already out, using his Aura to sense her presence. Lucario was thinking about how Twilight Moonlight's Aura would be identical to Sparkle and Sci-Twi. Twilight Wish even had the same Aura as the three of them so Moonlight should definitely have it.

To conceal herself, Twilight Moonlight hid her Aura as this made her completely invisible to Lucario's ability to read Auras with ease. The Aura Pokemon sensed plenty of Auras near and far but failed to find Twilight Moonlight's.

"Rrr." Lucario shook his head, unable to get a read on her Aura. It was only Sparkle and Wish's Auras that were present here. Avoiding Lucario's detection, Twilight Moonlight would head elsewhere. So much for waiting until the night. She had to act now otherwise it might be over for her. For 9 days at least.

"You can't find her Aura?" Ash translated. "You're sure she's on this ship?"

"Positive." Twilight Wish was fully confident. "She knows a lot of spells that'll help her here and there. She's probably using an Aura Concealment spell to hide herself."

"She can do that?" said Rainbow Dash. "I wish we had Pinkie or Fluttershy here right about now. We could hear her hoofsteps or even pick out her scent. I mean, you all smell the same right?"

"Gross!" Twilight Sparkle and Twilight Wish collectively replied to Rainbow Dash's comment.

"Oh, we'll find her. And we'll have plenty of questions to give her. Plus, she's Wanted at the moment." Celestia promised, narrowing her eyes at the door in front of her. The search for Twilight Moonlight had begun.

"Just to help me out...I need your assistance. Please." From her saddlebag, Wish held out a Poke Ball, calling for help from her own Pokemon. And it was a Pokemon no one here had seen before.

"Meowscarada!"

"Oh! Who's that?!" Naturally, Ash and the others reacted to this feline Pokemon.

"Meowscarada. The Magician Pokemon. This Pokémon uses the reflective fur lining its cape to camouflage the stem of its flower, creating the illusion that the flower is floating. With skillful misdirection, it rigs foes with pollen-packed flower bombs. Meowscarada sets off the bombs before its foes realize what’s going on."

"This isn't my first time interacting with Moonlight. Neither is it Meowscarada's. After a bunch of close encounters with her, she's gotten pretty good at sniffing her out."

"Meow." Meowscarada also looked rather proud of that, even if that wasn't her true speciality. Enough encounters with Twilight Luminaria have allowed her to gain this speciality. Immediately, the Grass-Dark-Type would begin searching for Twilight Moonlight, knowing what scent to follow.

Meanwhile, Celestia and the others would set off to search the entire ship.

"I'm so lost on what's going on..." Hollow was still rather tired, unable to keep up with these recent developments.

"Worry not. You three should sit back as a family." Luna suggested. "We wouldn't your baby getting caught up in this."

"Neither will you, Princess Diancie!" Merrick was already predicting what Diancie would try and do since she was also on board this ship. "All this blabber about alternate universes and counterparts is something you should absolutely stay out of and-"

"Too late!" But Diancie was already on her way, making Merrick gasp with shock. She was excited to be involved with Ash's adventures once more and she would also love to help. Quickly, Merrick would pursue the princess before anything terrible happens. Neither knew how dangerous Twilight Moonlight could be.


Twilight Moonlight was already back in the room she decided to stay in once the hunt began. She teleported there to save up time but to also think of a solution. Right now, she was being searched and could be arrested without a doubt. After what she's done, no doubt they would take her in.

"I can't have them stop me now. Not when I'm this close. If they find me with scent, I'll have to drown it out with something." Her eyes were quickly surveying the area, seeing what she could do. If anyone spots her, they'll know she looks exactly like Twilight herself. And there was also the fact that her Cutie Mark was that of the moon and other factors that would give her away.

Looking at the room, she eyed down the beautiful vase of daisies that were placed here. Exactly what she needed. Twilight Moonlight used a spell on the daisies, immediately summoning a powerful scent that they would not usually give out at all. But thanks to Twilight Moonlight's magic, she elevated the scent to a greater level.

Opening the door, she let the scent of the daisies run wild across the ship, but it wouldn't just be strong. It had another effect that Twilight Moonlight added. But she also couldn't stay in this room forever. She had to be on the move.

The scent of daisies quickly flooded the rooms of the S.S Aqua, especially when involving those who were just casually enjoying themselves on the calm seas of Johto. An elder man and his Farfetch'd were nearby, being the first to feel the effects.

"Oooh...Now might be a good time to sleep, wouldn't you agree?" The effect was a Drowsy Effect, intended to knock them all out. It was already showing off its effect, making the old man and his Farfetch'd yawn. The two of them were put to sleep immediately, but not of their own will.

And soon, this effect would hit everyone else. The Pokemon who were sent out to roam the ship would be strong victims of it and even their trainers. Many Pokemon would pick up on the scent of the daisies which is very much pleasing. However, it wasn't quick to put all of them to sleep.

Some Pokemon did yawn, but they had the energy to stay up for a little while. Those in the kitchen were certainly affected which was a massive red sign.

"Oooh...We can't fall asleep now. We haven't finished tonight's meal." For a cook to fall asleep at this time was a huge mistake, especially when they were still cooking. But some of them failed to muster the strength to wake up. One cook ended up plating her face in a bowl of food, falling asleep.

"Cremie?! Alcremie!?" Alcremie gasped after seeing the sudden shutdown in the kitchen. Left and right, cooks were falling asleep, leaving their food unattended. Something like this was not only unacceptable, but it was also not safe. With no one to tend for the kitchen, other problems are bound to appear. And of course, she was next. "Al...Cremie..." The Fairy-Type yawned, powerless before the sweet scent of Drowsy Daisies. Unable to stay up, she would also fall asleep, lying on the table.

The length of Twilight Moonlight's spell was truly impressive, being able to move such great distances, even taking out the captain and everyone in the control room. The Control Room was inactive at the moment while the ship was still moving. With no one to move it, it was bound to run into even larger problems than the kitchen.

But for Twilight Moonlight, this was all necessary until she could find a way out of it. Leaving the ship wouldn't do. She was planning on getting out of here any time soon. Not until she completes her mission.

There were places that the scent hadn't reached just yet due to the S.S Aqua's size, but it would certainly get there. Ash's Pokemon were affected too since they were all roaming the ship. It was only natural for some of them to fall asleep as well. But not all of them fell asleep.

Some of Ash's Pokemon had the strength to stay up a bit longer, but they couldn't keep it up forever. From Krookodile to Torterra, they were running out of energy already, even if the afternoon Sun was preparing to set, just to give way for the Moon.

"M-Man..." It wasn't long until Ash and the others felt it too. When searching for Twilight Moonlight, they came across the daisy scent which would drown everything else out. Meowscarada already lost Twilight Moonlight's scent in exchange for this. "I'm already tired?"

"Pika-Pika..."

"For all of us to suddenly feel drowsy...? This is Moonlight's doing." Twilight Wish already knew who was behind this drowsy feeling. Who else but Twilight Moonlight? "She's trying to slow us down..."

"Meowscarada..." Meowscarada groaned as her movements were slowing down. At this ate, they wouldn't find Twilight Moonlight at all and she could potentially get a lot done while they're all asleep.

Shutting this down immediately was Celestia. By using her magic, she managed to reverse the scent on her friends and family, erasing it with her own spell. Ash and the others were immediately forced awake by this jolt of magic that struck their senses. Just like that, they were back to full energy before they could be put to sleep.

"If we can't find her with Aura or potentially scent, we'll have to find her another way. Rainbow Dash." The Sun Princess turned to Rainbow Dash, knowing what she had to do.

"Already on it!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, throwing one of her Poke Balls into the air. Out of it emerged Luxray. The Pokemon with X-Ray Vision.

"Luxray!" With X-Ray Vision, Luxray could look through the walls and lock onto Twilight Moonlight since her Aura was completely invisible. The unison of Luxray and Meowscarada could lead to them finding Moonlight. These two cats wouldn't let their friends down for even a moment. With his eyes flashing, Luxray was already looking through the walls of the ship and what he saw caught him off guard.

He saw how many others were currently asleep or were being put to sleep at this very moment. Many were tired, some were even falling asleep at the worst possible time. He had only one pony to find and she was behind it all. Seeing all of the bodies asleep, Luxray decided to follow this trail, hoping it would lead him to the culprit.

The further Ash and the others went, the more people and Pokemon they saw completely slumped and asleep. The scent already reached them. Not only that, the Sun was setting, showing signs of the Moon making an appearance. Diancie wasn't exactly an expert at searching but she was trying her best, passing by the fallen people and Pokemon who were snoozing.

Zeraora was also on the move, moving as fast as she could to try and find Moonlight. Even the sound of Thunder that she left behind wasn't enough to wake up those who had fallen asleep. Pikachu hopped over a pile of people who fell asleep on the same spot, having sweet dreams in the process.

By now, no one knew where Twilight Moonlight was at all and not even Luxray could find her. Lo and behold, his X-ray was failing him, unable to detect the counterpart of Twilight Sparkle. "Lux...!"

"Still can't find her? But how?" Rainbow Dash said with confusion in her tone. Surely by now, Luxray would be able to find Twilight Moonlight with his X-ray.

"For Luxray's X-ray to fail as well...Do you think she could be using another spell for this?" Luna questioned. "She's already gotten a head start over all of us."

"She could be anywhere but we just don't know." Celestia's eyes rapidly moved across the area. "If we don't hurry, another spell of hers could fool us."

They had to keep moving but at this point, they were hoping that they would eventually run into her. And the best way for them to do so was to cover more ground. Moving in a group just wouldn't do. Moving past the many doors, the group would split up into smaller groups just to track down Twilight Luminaria.

In her mind, Twilight Sparkle was thinking of another method that would help her find Twilight Moonlight. "If I can get close to her, I can feel her." A rather dangerous one that involved both of them meeting up. She was going to use the distance to her advantage. She knew that getting close to Twilight Moonlight would spark a certain reaction within her that would be rather uneasy. And that was exactly what she was going to do. Leaving the group, she would see if she could get close enough.

Running up the stairs, Twilight could feel that strange sensation within her acting up. She wasn't going to slow down at all until she was near. Rows of people and Pokemon completely asleep were passed by as the rays of Moonlight from outside were beginning to shine through the ship. The employee and the Marill from before had also been knocked out by the scent of Drowsy Daisies.


Twilight Sparkle ended up in the dressing room of the S.S Aqua. This room was meant for those who would partake in a clothing party, mainly at night. The room is overflowing with colourful clothing, racks upon racks of garments hung haphazardly from the walls and strewn across the floor a wild and boisterous celebration. But no one was going to be using this at all since many were slumbering.

Everything was quiet on the ship, aside from the occasional boom of thunder that came from Zeraora's movements. But this silence was rather eerie, making Twilight Moonlight all the more elusive. Twilight and her partner Espeon slowed down when entering this room, hoping to find Twilight Moonlight in here. She felt a strange feeling in her heart, indicating that she was getting close.

"Moonlight. If you're here or near...I want to talk to you. Please?" Twilight wished to chat with her other self instead, wanting to do things differently since it was her.

Appearing in this room by releasing her concealment spell was none other than Twilight Moonlight herself. She used another spell to hide herself from Luxray's vision, successfully eluding them with different methods. "I was hoping you would say that."

"!" Surprised that it worked, Twilight Sparkle turned to see her counterpart. And now that the two of them were this close to each other, that sensation was going off once more. It was unlike what happened with Twilight Wish at all. This one was very uneasy for her.

"You feel it too, don't you?" Twilight Moonlight said. "That sensation. That's our true self calling to us."

"Are you talking about Midnight or not?" Twilight questioned.

"Not her. Never her." Twilight Moonlight moved the clothes aside when getting closer to Twilight Sparkle. "It was inevitable for us to meet eventually. I was hoping it wasn't like this though."

At last, Twilight Sparkle and Twilight Moonlight encountered each other during the early night when the Moon was rather bright, the ship was silent and the people and Pokemon were asleep. Such an encounter could have different outcomes and Twilight was already thinking about the worst now that she's seen her other self from another world. Her more aggressive self. Just what will become of this interaction?

As the journey continues.


Chapter 332 End.

PreviousChapters Next