• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,330 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,330

PreviousChapters Next
The Storm King

Equestria. High up in the Skies. On an Airship. Afternoon.

The Airship that this universe's Tempest Shadow was moving through the sky, currently carrying two crystals that originally came from the Sea Temple. After launching an attack on it, Tempest Shadow and these large creatures only managed to get two crystals. But two was good enough considering the power they held.

Sitting down, rather disappointed that she couldn't get more was Sneasler. Tempest Shadow walked up to her Pokemon in her rather saddened state. "You did your best, Sneasler. Two is better than nothing. Those Samiyans still have more than us though."

"Is two better though?" Questioning Tempest Shadow about that was a little hedgehog who was the smallest here. Smaller than even Tempest as he seemed like the odd one out even with Sneasler and Noivern being present

"They may be rumours, Grubber, but these crystals hold immense power and one of them brought a fictional character to life," Tempest replied, speaking the name of this hedgehog. "I'm certain two can get us far. As for what the Storm King thinks..."

The two crystals had been placed next to a throne where many of these large creatures could be found. And sitting on that throne was the one in charge of this operation, the ship and all who attacked the Sea Temple was none other than the one known as the Storm King.

"Great! Look at these!" The Storm King said with glee, holding up two Sea Temple Crystals. It was safe to say that he was fine with ttwo.

"We couldn't get all of them. The rest escaped our grasp and the temple was far too dangerous for us to stay in."

"Bah, who cares about that? Two works well enough."

"Do you think that with these two, we can go straight for the Princesses now?" Tempest Shadow questioned.

"The Princesses? No. No-no, nooooo." He shook his head. "If we got these crystals earlier then maybe, but not right now. Heading over to Canterlot is just asking for trouble now that the Black Crusade's over. Take a look."

To demonstrate, the Storm King pulled out a board that was next to his throne, plastered on the wall. And on that board was a plan that the Storm King laid out concerning the Pokemon, Crystals and Canterlot. Two of these Pokemon ended up being Reshiram and Zekrom.

"Before the Black Crusade, we could've gone straight for the Princesses, taken their magic and everything would be fine. But, the unification of both worlds screwed it up for us. We had to take a long trip back to Equestria and by the time we showed up at Equestria, the Black Crusade was already ongoing.. We even ended up in a place we had no idea about. Plus, now we have two massive dragons to worry about. See what I mean?"

"It's because you're scared of the dragons, isn't it?" Tempest Shadow uttered, believing that Reshiram and Zekrom were the reason for his hesitance.

"Yes, it's because I'm scared of the dragons." The Storm King repeated in a rather mocking tone. Truth be told, Reshiram and Zekrom were what made him refrain from heading to Canterlot. "If I head there, I'll either be Fried or Zapped. But it's fine! After we get Zygarde, we'll be fine. It's a Ground-Type or whatever so that's just an added bonus when we come across those two. Now that we have these crystals, more damage to the ecosystem can be made and that Zygarde's gonna come crawling to us."

With the Sea Temple Crystals, the Storm King intended to draw Zygarde out, making it do its job. But it went past just finding Zygarde. The Storm King obviously had some intention for the Order Pokemon and the board showed what that intention was.

"Zygarde's just the start. It'll be easier to take its power than the Princesses. And after we use Zygarde's power for ourselves, then we can go after them. And then the other Legendary Pokemon. Then the world!" He exclaimed, causing an echoing effect in the room. "With Zygarde's power, the Earth will be at our total command."

"What about that other Earth Pokemon? Groudon?" Tempest Shadow asked.

"Eh. Worry about that later. right now. Let's find Zygarde." The Storm King rubbed his hands together, eager to find Zygarde as soon as possible. And of course, he was hoping no one else aside from the People of the Water knew about this plan. However, there was one individual that the People of the Water count on more than anything, and he was already being contacted.


Deerling Forest.

Ash saw present at Deerling Forest with his friends, hanging out around its peaceful atmosphere. But of course, while the area was peaceful, the individuals here did enjoy some excitement.

"Alright! This'll work just fine!" Ash rubbed his hands together as he and his friends were looking down at what seemed to be a launcher. Specifically, an Infinity Energy launcher. Many of the Deerling gathered around to see this launcher that was made by Infinity ENergy, of course but the way it was built involved these cubes that were containing the energy.

Twilight was responsible for making those cubes, using Rift Magic to do so. Her horn fizzled with Rift Magic as she just got done making these cubes. As for how the Infinity Energy were placed in there, Pikachu and the Pokemon were the answer to that. And what was the purpose of this?

Absolute fun.

"What we have to do is just stand in the centre and all that energy will launch all of us up." Twilight explained. "And once we're up, the Infinity Energy will be around us for a moment which means if we fall, we won't get hurt."

"Deerling." The Deerling cooed in amazement.

"I'll go first!" Pinkie Pie opted to test it out first before anyone else, leaping at the centre of the launcher which was a wooden platform. This platform was rather slim, showing some gaps. But this was for a reason. To make the launch truly successful, a full demonstration of it was about to be shown. Pinkie Pie essentially sood in a tip-toe position, staying perfectly still on the slim platform.

"Okay...Now, go!" To set it off, Espeon would use Psychic on the Infinity Energy cubes, setting them off. Once they reacted to the attack, they would combust. The explosion was not destructive at all thanks to the cubes. It was the force of the explosion that mattered as it launched Pinkie Pie into the air instantly.

"Woohooo!" Pinkie Pie yelled with excitement while being shot upwards. She giggled, flailing her hooves in the air. And on her hooves was Infinity Energy as it was trailing out of her. Everyone watched as Pinkie Pie stayed in the air for a moment, raising her hooves and shooting Infinity Energy into the air, making it sparkle.

After setting off Fireworks of Infinity Energy, Pinkie Pie would descend. And it was a perfect landing too. No harm had been done as the Infinity Energy protected her. It worked like a charm. Pinkie Pie's mane was a bit frizzled from all that Infinity Energy though but it was most definitely worth it.

"Awesome! Me next!" Ash leapt in, wanting to be next in line to experience this launcher. And once on the launcher, Pikachu would set off the Infinity Energy with a Thunderbolt. Ash was then launched into the air, having Infinity Energy fly out of him. "Yeah-haha!" And when in the air, Ash took full advantage of it, stretching his arms and legs to his heart's content. Ash held his hand out, pretending to grab the Sun. It felt like he was grabbing the Sun with how high he went and he absolutely loved it.

Safe to say, this plan to create an Infinity Energy Launcher was a smash-hit in all the right ways. And after Ash had his fun, everyone else would take the opportunity to try out the launcher. One after the other, all of his friends would jump on the launcher with one Pokemon setting it off.

And in the air, all of them would pull off different poses and actions just for the fun of it. The Deerling got their licks in as well, using the launcher for themselves. It was truly enjoyable for everyone and a good way to kill some time. This went on for a while thanks to all the Pokemon that live here.

But right as Ash was about to take another turn on the launcher, something reached him, stopping him in his tricks. A light reached him and him alone, sending a message to the King of the Sea. It was the light from his Kingdom, Samiya. That message spoke a few words to him, but those words had great importance and urgency in them.

And the voice of the message was very much Alo's voice as he was the one who sent it. The light reached a great distance across the seas of Equestria, reaching the King. The message had quite a lot in it for something that came and went in a few seconds.

"DId you hear that, Sombra?" Ash said as Fluttershy went ahead of him since he didn't take his turn.

"I heard it. Loud and clear." It also reached Sombra who was within Ash. Both of them were now aware.

"Ash? What's wrong?" Twilight would notice Ash's expression as it turned serious in an instant.

"It's the Sea Temple." Ash faced Twilight. "Something's up."

"The Sea Temple? Oh, we haven't heard from them for a little while," said Rarity. "Are they nearby?"

"I don't think so. It sounded like it came from far away. I don't know how far." Ash grumbled, looking up for a moment. "But I heard Alo's voice and it sounded serious. Something's wrong and they need help."

"Help? Did we miss something this whole time?" Spike asked. "Maybe some missing vampires?"

"If it is then we can just go to Fantina and it'll be easy to find them. She's got full vision over her vampires whenever they get up to no good!" Goh cried out, pointing out Fantina's many advantages as the new Lich Queen.

"Hm. You guys keep having fun with that. I'll head over to Canterlot." Ash would suddenly depart from Deerling Forest, choosing to focus on this distress message. If the Sea Temple was in trouble, then it had to be of great importance. Even then, Ash would still help even if it wasn't anything serious but it most definitely was as serious as it could possibly be.


Canterlot.

Canterlot. Normal as always but now with one major addition. Reshiram and Zekrom, of course. These two Dragons called this place their home now and gave Canterlot that extra boost of importance and power. It was easy to see why the Storm King refrained from attacking Canterlot. If this was before Reshiram and Zekrom lived here then he would have taken that chance. But it was far too late for that.

"A distress message from the Sea Temple?" Already, Celestia caught wind of it already as Ash had shown up at the castle, sharing it to Princess Celestia.

"Yeah. I got a lot from it even if it wasn't much." Ash said to the Ruler of Equestria. "Alo said something about some invaders. They came into the Sea Temple and took two of the crystals."

"Ah, the crystals?" Luna also caught wind of it, being present in the room. "That answers everything. Those crystals are too powerful for criminals to ignore anyway."

"Yeah. But there was more to it. Alo said that they made that Dark Magic grow. The same one that messed up the land." Ash continued. "They were trying to make it worse."

"Why on earth would they want to make it worse? It came from the Dread League so it should be avoided at all costs. Even they should know that." Celestia uttered, confused as to why someone would want to worsen it.

"It's because of Zygarde." Ash answered. "They're trying to bring Zygarde out. It's because of everything that's happened that they know Zygarde's gonna show up. I already talked about it before and it looks like someone's already on it."

"Zygarde? What benefit does Zygarde bring?" Luna wondered. "Xerneas and Yveltal, I can understand. The Dread League were in pursuit of Yveltal and wished to bring Xerneas out to finish it. From what we know of Zygarde, it seems more important to the world than Xerneas and Yveltal combined."

"It does defend the ecosystem, doesn't it?" Celestia faced her little sister. "That would allow our world to keep on living perfectly. Why go after Zygarde?"

"I don't know." Ash scratched his hair. "I don't think Alo knows either. But I know where Zygarde is."

"You do?" The Royal Sisters repeated.

"Yeah! With Greninja! At least, they're working together. They should be at Kalos dealing with the rest of what the Rock left behind. If they're going to Zygarde and they want Zygarde to come to them, then I say we should beat them to it!"

"Hm. Clever, Ash." Celestia nodded. "Get a head start. Even though there's no telling where they are right now and how far they've gotten. But with the bond you share with your Pokemon, I have a good feeling you can find Greninja and Zygarde. But who were they exactly? The ones who invaded the Sea Temple and took two of the crystals?"

"Not sure. But Alo said something about one of them being Tempest Shadow. But it looks like it's the Tempest of this universe." Ash answered, bringing up Tempest Shadow. He's met Tempest before but it was the one from Universe 6 who was working under Empress Twilight. "And she had these big guys with her, wearing all black! And they said they were working for someone called the Storm King."

"The Storm King?" Celestia wondered if she knew about someone like that. She dug deep into her memories, trying to draw something out. "Hmm...Mmmm! Ah! Him! I know about the Storm King. I've heard of him. He escaped my mind for a moment."

"Whoever he is, he's not gonna get Zygarde. We're gonna beat him there and get those crystals back! I'm heading out!" Ash pointed at himself, putting on a bright grin.

"It hasn't even been that long and you're already planning to swing back into action." Luna chuckled. "I wish I had your stamina, Ash. But since you're on a new mission, we will support you. And I think we should focus on the Sea Temple and how it's doing."

"Oh, right! The Sea Temple's spiralling out of control! That was the last message Alo gave me!" Ash gasped. "Man...Which one should I do first?"

"I'd suggest what is nearest." Celestia got off her throne. "Now that the Storm King is involved, the best place to go is the South which lies beyond the Badlands. The Hippogriffs have history with the Storm King."

"Hippogriffs?" Ash repeated as Celestia walked by her. "Woah...Never heard of them before."

"Let's find the Sea Temple first and then, we will go for the Hippogriffs. Hopefully, we aren't too late and Zygarde hasn't been found just yet."

Celestia and Luna would set out, searching for the Sea Temple since it was moving through Equestrian Seas at a dangerous pace. And with knowledge of the Storm King, heading to the south and finding the Hippogriffs would apparently be of great help. And of course, with Reshiram and Zekrom now being their Pokemon, they were definitely coming along with them.


Deerling Forest.

"You're going out at Sea to do all of that?!" News of this had reached Ash's friends as he had to inform them. Twilight heard it all and what Celestia's plan was now that the Storm King has made an appearance. "But...Why would someone want Zygarde? What danger can Zygarde bring?"

"Believe me. They'll find a way." Ash most definitely knows how they make Zygarde a danger. He's seen it for himself. "Celestia and Luna are already heading for the Sea Temple and so am I. They're my subjects. And even if I'm a King, I wanna help them either way."

"Hm. What a shame." Rarity looked back at the launcher which was being used by a Rattata now. "And here I thought we were done with something like this for a while. But there's always someone who shows up with perfect timing, isn't there?"

"It'll be over soon. I just gotta get those crystals back and keep Zygarde safe. But I'm pretty sure Greninja's got that covered. And Zygarde's strong on its own." Ash laughed. "I'll be back before you know it."

"Pssh. What makes you think you're going at it alone?" Twilight laughed. "We're coming with you."

"Well, yeah. I figured you would." Ash smiled, expecting this already. "It's always great to have a lot of my friends with me, ya know. With all of us, it'll be even easier."

"Wait, we are?" Rainbow Dash paused for a moment, realizing what was just said. She wasn't exactly fully ready. "Awww...But the Battle Frontier!"

"It won't be ready for a while. Not until all the Frontier Brains show up." Twilight replied. "Plus, I don't think this will take too long. We can cover some ground pretty quickly if we want to stop the Storm King from getting what he wants."

"We always have your back, Ash," Applejack reassured. "Wish we had those gateways right about now. That'd be way easier for us. Starswirl still ain't figured out how to make more of 'em?"

"He'll figure it out. It's Starswirl after all." Twilight said with full confidence. "Anyway. How are we going to do this? Getting to the Sea Temple?"

"Celestia's gonna use the Grand Equestria. We're going back on that ship and back to the Sea Temple! Just like before!" Ash raised his fist in excitement as it meant more Sea Travel was due. It was off to the Sea Temple to save it from a perilous motion.


The Storm King's Ship.

The ship of the Storm King was currently on its way to finding Zygarde. And with the two crystals, he would use them in a way that they've never been used before. Zygarde takes notice of the ecosystem and the Storm King needed a faster way to damage it just so the Order Pokemon can show up. And there was already one place in mind.

The Kalos Region.

That was where the Black Crusade started and where the most damage could be found. Knowing this, the Storm King was making a beeline for Kalos which was the most affected by the Dark Magic that seeped itself deep into the Earth. Nowhere else was brimming with Dark Magic like that region. Not even Equestria, where most of the Dark Magic could be found. That black beam did more damage to the land than anyone thought.

But while the ship was on its way to Kalos, the Storm King stood in front of the crystals, already planning on using them. In his hand, he held out a staff, aiming it directly at the crystals.

"You're going to use your Staff of Sacanas on that, your excellency?" Tempest Shadow said.

"That's right. Since I can't have the Magic of the Princesses just yet, I'll get the next best thing. Power from the Sea Temple! And after that, power from Zygarde!" His staff would start drawing power from the crystals as the golden light would fly out of them. The lights gravitated to the staff, feeding it power and making the Storm King one happy ruler.

However, he could not take all of it. He noticed how the staff was trembling as it kept absorbing the energy from the crystals. It looked like the staff was about to break, unable to handle all of the power since it was disgustingly abundant. The Storm King widened his eyes before pulling his staff back, ending the process. "Oh. I think that'll do."

"I feared something like that could happen. The crystals hold possibly the most power in the world," said Tempest.

"Mhm. Comes from Arceus, I think. "I haven't forgotten about that top dog. Now that both our worlds are together, Arceus is the one in charge of us all. He's the biggest big shot there is. So right now, I've got a piece of his light and it's wonderful!" The Storm King looked at his staff, seeing how much power it had gathered. WIth just those two crystals, the Storm King had gained a valuable weapon. "And next, Zygarde's power will be in this staff. With its power, the land will be mine to control."

"With that, you can reshape anything you wish. You can influence the planet in any way." Tempest Shadow explained the great advantages to that.

"Mhm. If I want to make one place a swamp, I can do that! If I want to turn an entire town into a pit, I can do that! An area of volcanoes? Sure! It'll be great and I can choose what's what. And with this light, I can do even more. I have the power of a thousand armies!"

"Such as fix my horn, right?" Tempest Shadow asked, referring to her broken horn which she wished to fix. "That was a promise you made to me."

"Yeah, yeah, fix your horn. Once this is all done, your horn will be brand new. I'd say were pretty close to being done here. "Now, when we get to Zygarde, I'm entrusting you to capture it. You may have gotten only two crystals but I don't want you getting uh...half of Zygarde or whatever. Don't fail me, Tempest, or your horn won't be the only thing that's broken."

"I won't,"

"But! Let's test this new power out!" The Storm King gleefully ran off with his staff, wanting to see the power it contained now that the light from the Sea Temple had been obtained.

One of the windows had been opened, allowing the Storm King to test the power from the outside. And outside, he saw an open land, ripe for the taking. Or in this case, ripe for destruction. He twirled his staff around, eager to see just what could come from it. The Airship would slow down just for him as he wanted to get a clear shot and focus of this incoming attack.

He closed one eye, carefully eyeing down the open land. WIth his staff pointing at that land, the Storm King gathered the Light Energy from within, utilizing it as a destructive power instead of the Gentle Power it usually is. And with just one usage of it, a small but swift light beam came flying out, reaching the open land in a second.

The second it touched the land, the clouds above would turn yellow, reacting to the energy. The Storm Creatures and Tempest Shadow watched this new power take place as it shot a pillar of light into the air. That pillar would then blow away the golden clouds before unleashing a bright flash.

This bright flash would target the bubble of life that made this ecosystem thrive. The nearby Pokemon and animals saw this as their land had been threatened by this bright power the likes of which they've never seen before. And of course, the Storm King was interacting with the Dark Magic, letting it thrive just to bring out Zygarde. All the life in this area ran as fast as they could, knowing that something destructive was coming their way. This light looked vicious instead of beautiful, resembling flames and fangs at the same time.

The open land had been completely crushed by this devastating power as a visage of spiral energy then showed up, moving across the sky. The Storm Creatures were in shock of what they had seen as the light would fade away. But before it faded, the energy it gave out broke through the highest point of the clouds, almost reaching the upper part of the earth. Any further and it could be seen from space.

The end result was a desolate land. The greenery that once populated it was gone. The mountains had been diminished as all the Pokemon and animals lost their homes to this overwhelming power. All that was left was a large crater. The Storm King was most definitely pleased as he looked right at the staff, knowing the kind of power he now possessed.

"Oh yeah. This'll bring it out."

As the journey continues.


Chapter 201 End.

PreviousChapters Next