• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,332 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,332

PreviousChapters Next
Train Terror

Equestria. On the Train. Nightfall.

Twilight Sparkle had been ambushed. The Dread League had appeared on a moving train that was filled with darkness, courtesy of the Pony of the Shadows bringing them here. A pit of Despair Plant Cobras were also slithering on the outside of the train, slowing it down and disrupting its balance.

"If this train derails or even blows up I could be done for..." Twilight uttered while holding onto one of the seats. With how her circumstance appeared, the outcome could be incredibly destructive. Before she could think of how to approach this, the vampires would all collectively flap their wings, sending out dark magical rays.

Quickly, Twilight put up a protective shield around herself, Absol and Espeon. The rays slammed into Twilight's shield, only damaging the surrounding area. The seats of the train were charred by the flare of magic with some of the rays bouncing off to pierce through them.

"Eve! Dazzling Gleam!"

"Espeon!" Once the shield was lowered, Twilight made her first command. And it was to hit the vampires with their greatest weakness. Light. The one who could grant that right now was Espeon as a sphere of rainbows flew out of her, like a butterfly emerging for the first time. The vampires hissed and moved back at the exertion of light which lit up the darkness within the train. Dazzling Gleam kept them all in check, reminding them of their weakness and how easy it was to exploit it.

"Now, Absol! Night Slash!"

"Absol!" With the vampires stunned, the Disaster Pokemon would lunge in and strike while the iron was hot. He had his own darkness to show as it would envelop his horn. The vampires gasped as Absol swung his horn downwards, expecting to land a hit.

However, that was where the Despair Plants came in. It only took one cobra to burst through the windows and intercept Absol's Night Slash, using its serpentine body to do so. A Despair Plant Cobra was relatively large. Larger than Absol, that was for sure. So this large body took the hit with great durability despite being made out of plants.

"Sol...!" Absol wouldn't let that stop him. With his horn digging into the Despair Plant, the Disaster Pokemon roared out, putting more power into his attack. He disregarded the Despair Plant's size, overpowering it with brute force. Despair Plant cobra hissed before being launched by an outburst of darkness.

The vampires would be hit by the Despair Plant as if they were struck by a large log. The length of the cobra didn't help as it hit the walls of the train, practically catching a majority of the vampires in the way with how much coverage this plant had. The only ones who escaped it were the vampires who took flight earlier, narrowly avoiding it.

Unfortunately, there were more Despair Plant Cobras to deal with. The ones outside were already constricting the train, using their weight to slow it down and disrupt the balance. But others would start slithering in, wanting a piece of Twilight and her Pokemon. These large cobras filled up most of this room, eyeing down the Princess of Friendship with devious hissing. Absol snarled at the Despair Plants, ready to cut them all down.

"This way!" Twilight thought otherwise. The best thing to do was gauge some distance. Twilight shot some magic onto the floor of the train, letting out a sparkle of light that would stun the other vampires and even the Despair Plants for a moment with how blinding it was. This would give way for the group to flee from this part of the train.

But it didn't take long for the Despair Plants to recover, slithering past the smoke and through the train. Massive Cobras chased Twilight and her team through the train, rumbling it even more. Eyes from the other Cobras would appear outside the window, tracking Twilight. These serpentine eyes were following her everywhere. It felt like one individual was gazing at her thanks to how many Despair Plant Cobras were outside.

The minute she entered another train carriage, another pit of Cobras would break in through the window, pursuing the Princess of Friendship. The doors on the previous carriage were blown away along with some of the walls inside. With how the train was being disturbed, Twilight spread her wings out, choosing to fly instead of galloping. Galloping would lead to a loss of balance at this rate.

The vampires would also chase Twilight and her Pokemon down as the furniture was being absolutely dismantled and torn apart by the movements of the Despair Plants. The vampires would take on smaller forms, transforming themselves into bats to avoid being harmed by the erratic slithering.

They managed to get close, nearly biting onto the tails of either Twilight, Absol or Espeon but it was always a miss. Twilight yelped at the vicious bite which had a potent snapping noise to it. In response, she would shoot back at the cobra with a beam of magic, pushing it back. Espeon and Absol would do the same, unleashing Dark Pulse and Dazzling Gleam in repeated instances each time they entered another carriage.

Jets of light and darkness would fly through the carriage doors which were torn apart by the cobras. The Despair Plant Cobras would even power through some of them with their spectacular durability, only being further enraged. The vampires responded by doing the same, shooting their respective magic from above each time they reverted to their original forms. With their bat forms, they could slip into the next carriage as soon as possible, attempting to get the jump on Twilight and her team.

It was getting harder to evade them. More and more would start entering the train, only further damaging the train. It didn't take long for some of the Despair Plant Cobras to appear in front of Twilight, Espeon and Absol, intercepting their movements.

"Not like this...!" Twilight gasped before looking in both directions. In this instance, she was cornered by them and could not advance unless something was done. It was a good thing the Princess of Friendship was a quick thinker. The moment one of the cobras lunged in for a tackle, she would try and capitalise on this in the best way possible. And that was by seeing Absol getting tackled.

"A-Absol...!"

"Absol, Counter!"

"Sol!" With Absol receiving a tackle from the Cobra, this was the perfect opportunity for him to use Counter. He slid on the floor as his horn would glow a fierce fiery orange. The Disaster Pokemon retaliated by unleashing a fierce slash which struck the air itself. A mighty orange light flew out, crashing into the Cobra that tackled him as well as the others that blocked his way.

They went flying out of the train, through the holes that they made before then tumbling and rolling on the ground. This gave Twilight and her team the opportunity to keep on moving now that the ones in the front had been quickly taken care of. However, the chase was still on and there was no way Twilight would want this to carry on. Not when she feared for her family and friends.

"I don't know what's become of the Train conductor right now, but we can't waste any more time! Derail the train, Eve! Use Psychic!" Twilight exclaimed, thinking about the Train Conductor and how he might be during all of this. There was only one way to reach him and that was at the very end of the train. Thus, getting rid of one part of the train had to suffice for now.

"Espeon!" Espeon stood at the end of a carriage, quickly using her Psychic abilities. But she wouldn't target the vampires and the Despair Plants. There were too many for her to hit. Instead, Espeon focused on what kept the carriages together.

The couplers were targeted as Espeon used pure brute force to rip them apart, derailing one half of the train. One of the Despair Plants had its fangs and mouth baring as wide as it could possibly make them, about to bite into the Sun Pokemon. Twilight screamed at the approaching mouth which was horrifying to look into. It looked like multiple mouths in one and each of them could crush their bones.

Thankfully, with the derailment, the Cobra missed falling back into the carriage it was on as well as the other vampires who transformed back into the original forms, thinking that they would enter the next carriage on time. But on this hill, the other half of the train would move backwards, no longer having the rest of it to support it.

The vampires screamed as the train accelerated backwards, picking up greater speed than what was happening on Twilight's side. The Despair Plants that latched onto the train were also brought along with them. Only half of them, unfortunately as the other half were still present outside.

It was back to the hill with the ones they managed to fend off as they ended up derailing before Twilight's group did. The trail of carriages went off the tracks with how much they accelerated downwards, losing any leverage they had. The Despair Plant Cobras on the side would all fall over while some of them were crushed by the falling carriages.

Of course, this wouldn't be the end of the Despair Plant Cobras. Only Pure Light could destroy them. Not even being crushed would work on them. All kinds of punishment could be dished out at these Despair Plants and the only thing that would threaten them was the highest form of light possible.

"Phew..." Twilight sighed, glad she managed to get rid of one half. "Okay. From this direction, the conductor should still be on. Let's head to rear end and-" But there were still others to deal with. And not just other Despair Plants but other vampires. Some managed to get into the other half of the carriage, specifically, by breaking through the roof.

Twilight almost got all of them out of there but some managed to get back on. They broke through the roofs of the train with their bare hooves, startling the Princess of Friendship and the Sun Pokemon. They grinned down at Twilight Sparkle, knowing that she was shocked to see more of them around even after that derailment stunt.

"We'll be completely fine by returning to Magehold, no matter the damage!" A vampire cackled at Twilight. "But you won't be! Don't worry because the Lich Queen needs you and all alicorns, so we'll keep you safe!"

Right as she said that, they would all drop from the roof, aiming to grab Twilight and completely ignoring her Pokemon since they didn't matter. But that only resulted in Absol getting in their way. He held his horn out, blocking the vampires that would approach Twilight and giving them a nasty impact when crashing into Absol's main weapon.

Crashing into a horn was a rather painful experience as the first vampire trembled and grimaced at it. This prompted the others to crash into her, taking some friendly fire damage. Espeon would then capitalize on this by using Psychic, surrounding them all in a pink outline. With her mental power, Espeon launched them away to gauge some more distance.

"Quick! Let's get up there! We can maybe try and stop the train that way!" Twilight said to her Pokemon, aiming her hoof up. The vampires did them a favour by breaking a hole in the roof. Twilight would help carry her Pokemon through the air, entering the top of the moving yet disrupted train.

On top, Twilight was aiming to put an end to these hyper-fast movements as soon as possible. The train was barely hanging in there with the remaining Despair Plants slithering up to meet with Twilight and her team.

"I can maybe stop the train from the outside with my magic. There's only one half of it. But I'll need you two to give me some time, okay?"

"Espeon!" Espeon and Absol would gladly do so.

"And just to be safe...Go! Togekiss!" Twilight would send out one more Pokemon. This time, for aerial support. Togekiss would flash into the scene with a sparkle of Fairy Magic.

"Togekiss!"

"Okay. Here goes..." With three Pokemon to assist her, Twilight had enough room to focus. The Despair Plant Cobras managed to get on top of the train, leaving only a few to continue damaging it. The vampires would fly back up, also standing and hovering over the roof of the train. The life of another within the train was taken into account and Twilight couldn't let the conductor perish in this.

The conflict on the train continued, this time on the roof. Dark magic and Pokemon Moves broke out in the form of Dazzling Gleam and Dark Pulse. A double Dazzling Gleam was rather terrifying for the vampires as their magic was countered by this flash of rainbows followed by a stream of darkness from Absol's mouth.

The vampires just couldn't seem to close the gap thanks to Dazzling Gleam getting in their way. But for the Despair Plants, that was not an issue. They powered through the darkness when it was thrown at them, attacking Absol with vicious tail slaps. The Disaster Pokemon received a barrage of vicious tail slaps from the Cobras, only to retaliate by using Counter. HE lunged back in, cutting their tails with his sharpened horn.

"Absol!" The tails of the Cobras came right off thanks to Absol's terrific strength. It was rather surprising as it seemed that only Pure Light could really damage them. But Absol showed that he could leave behind some substantial damage. However, that did not last long as they immediately regenerated their missing tails, basking under the Moonlight.

The Despair Plants were the opposite of regular plants. Instead of benefitting under the Sun, it was the Moon that they fed off. Their tails grew back, longer than before as they would wrap collectively strike the Disaster Pokemon. Absol snarled back at them, frustrated that his most effective means of damage was only a nuisance to these creatures.

He rolled on the hard surface of the train, almost falling off, only for Espeon to catch him. She couldn't use Psychic on a Dark-Type so the best way to save him was by grabbing his tail. "E-Esp!" She growled, using all of her strength to lift him up. Absol was dangling from the side of the train, just a few feet away from falling next to the other Cobras that latched themselves onto the train.

This obviously left Espeon wide open for the vampires and Despair Plants. Magical waves came flying in from the vampires which targeted the Sun Pokemon from behind. This was where Togekiss came in. With Aura Sphere, she threw a ball of concentrated Aura which clashed with the waves, shielding her teammates. The Aura Sphere violently trembled, trying to hold the magical attacks back. It succeeded, resulting in both attacks blowing up, reaching an equalizer.

"Just hold on you three...!" Twilight knew there was only one way to get rid of them. Her Z-Move. The Twilightium Z was her best option as it had proven to be highly effective when she first encountered a Despair Plant. But right now, Twilight wished to save the other life on board before unleashing that.

She was still doing her best to try and slow down the trail and halt its movements, focusing on the wheels specifically. For the time being, her Pokemon had to hold their own against the Despair Plants. Espeon threw Absol into the air after catching him, prompting the Dark-Type to gain some air time. The vampires who managed to gauge distance from the Dazzling Gleam took advantage of this, throwing their magic at Absol while he was airborne.

Togekiss provided aerial support, using the rays of Dazzling Gleam from above as they would bombard the Cobras. The Despair Plants hissed as the top of the train was illuminated by beautiful sparkles. Unfortunately, not even that was enough.

The flashy smoke would cover them, only to have one of the Cobras lunge out of it with its fangs out. Togekiss gasped as she was bitten by the Cobra. "T-Toge!" A vicious bite immediately brought the Jubilee Pokemon down.

Togekiss cried out as the fangs of the Cobra dug into her body, making her squirm and flail her wings around in pain. Absol and Espeon collectively gasped with Absol especially taking this to heart.

"Absol...!" Absol was still in the air, just about to lose his air time. But instead of letting the natural laws of gravity do it for him, he would bring himself down. And would be with Fury. Absol would use Giga Impact in response.

As if he was a meteor, Absol was surrounded by an invisible energy while descending from above. A bright flash of yellow light appears in front of his face as he then shot himself at the Cobra which bit into Togekiss. That Cobra was still on Togekiss, refusing to let go before then choosing to constrict her.

Channelling his fury into an attack, an orb of light purple energy with spiralling light yellow streaks appeared around Absol's body and he slammed into the Cobra. The Cobra hissed as it was blown back with great force with its fangs leaving Togekiss' body. The Despair Plant Cobra had a shockwave around its body, affecting the other Despair Plants and knocking them off the train.

They would leave the scene, flying off the train and even past some of the terrain which brought them to lower lands. Absol, who now had to recharge, slid on the roof of the train, breathing in and out. He would then quickly turn to Togekiss, who had visible holes inside of her body.

With the size of the Despair Plant, the fangs were larger than her wings, making this bite severely deep. The holes appeared on her neck and upper body, making the Jubilee Pokemon rather weak. A green liquid would spurt out of those holes, indicating at some poison being injected.

"I've got it!" At last, Twilight managed to fully grasp the train. With all of the wheels held, she would use some Rift Magic for a boost in power, allowing her to manipulate the Train's momentum. The train would suddenly slow down, no longer moving in its frantic state with all of the wheels being maintained. Even with all of the Despair Plants constricting in, they weren't the ones moving the train in the first place. They were only disrupting its balance.

But not anymore. Twilight Sparkle successfully stopped the train as it came to a halt out in the middle of the countryside. The Cobras on the train no longer had a reason to constrict it now that it was still. But they still had a reason to target Twilight and her Pokemon.

Only a few Cobras remained since the rest had been blown away by a furious Absol, landing elsewhere, but not too far. Falling somewhere else was not enough to stop the Despair Plants as they would simply get back up afterwards. The pressure was immense for them as the Dread League were by far the most persistent opponents they have had to face. No matter what, they would keep on coming back.

"I did it..." Twilight sighed, lowering her head. For a moment, everything calmed down but it wouldn't last that long. Not with how things were at the moment. Her trip to the Crystal Empire was still greatly delayed and in peril.

"Esp! Espeon!" Immediately, Espeon called for Twilight as she was standing next to the poisoned Togekiss. Twilight's head focused on the Sun Pokemon, witnessing a hard hit on the Jubilee Pokemon.

"Oh, no! Togekiss?!" Twilight Sparkle gasped as her pupils shrunk in horror. The poison from within would suddenly form green cracks around Togekiss' body. She would grunt as it wasn't just ordinary poison. This was from a Despair Plant, making it stronger than the average poison.

"T-Toge...!"

"It's okay, Togekiss!" Twilight cried out. "We'll get you healed up as soon as possible!"

"No use!" A vampire suddenly bellowed, climbing onto the top of the train. She cackled maniacally, just barely managing to get back on. "That poison from Cobra can't be solved by your antidotes. You should already know this by now...Magehold is home to some of the most powerful afflictions and curses out there."

"What?!" Twilight roared. Judging by what the vampire was speaking of, this meant only one thing. Much like a few ponies who have come across the Dread League in the past and more recently, Queen Chrysalis, Togekiss was now a victim of a seemingly incurable curse. This time it was poison. That was a mortifying thought to her.

One of her own Pokemon was now potentially in great peril. Twilight feared something like this would happen but even she wasn't prepared for it. No one was since there was no other cure other than the victims themselves.

"Don't worry. It gets better." Another vampire would reappear, using his bat form to fly back onto the train. "You should see the poison when they fuse. It's even stronger than ever."

"T-Togekiss...!" Togekiss grumbled before forcing herself to get back up. She didn't have anyone to help her. Togekiss stood as strong as she could, not allowing the vampires to get the satisfaction of a victory. Not for one moment.

"Togekiss?! Don't stand!" Twilight pleaded as the green cracks were still prominent on her.

"Kiss!" Togekiss protested against Twilight's words, refusing to sit back down. She had one eye closed but that other open eye was filled with a fierce fiery spirit.

"It stood up after that?!" Even the vampires were amazed by what they were seeing. Togekiss hadn't succumbed to the poison just yet, but it was prominent. She was fighting to carry on with as much strength as she could muster right now.

"W-What's going on...?" Thankfully, leaving the train after it came to a halt was the conductor. He was in one piece, albeit reasonably bewildered by everything that happened. That brought some peace to Twilight's heart. She just wanted to make sure he was alright and indeed he was.

"We can't stay here forever. Return, Togekiss! You too, Absol!" Now was the time to leave. And it had to be as soon as possible. Twilight returned Togekiss to her Poke Ball as well as Absol, allowing them to be safe from harm for the time being. Especially Togekiss, who was now poisoned.

"For the Lich Queen, we can't let you escape!" Unfortunately, the odds were still against Twilight. The vampires refused to let her leave until they had the Princess of Friendship with them. "It's about time you dealt with the best a Despair Plant can offer."

"Fusion!" The other vampire exclaimed as the time for fusion was now. The Despair Plant Cobras would fuse together to form an even more powerful entity.

Twilight had to get moving. She took flight with Absol being carried by her magic. The remaining Despair Plants that were still on the train would respond to the words of the vampires, initiating the Fusion Process. Their bodies would emanate a dark power that resonated with each other, even enveloping parts of the train.

Twilight looked back to see this darkness erupt as the two bodies of Despair Plant Cobras would crash into each other, beginning to merge into a single deadly being. Twilight looked onward, refusing to look back even with the vampires chasing after her in the air.

There was seemingly nowhere safe to be right now. Not until Twilight could find at least one place that she could hide out at. The darkness below would erupt once more, summoning one of the fusions of the Despair Plants into the world. Despair Plant Chimera.

Larger than the train itself, this Fused Despair Plant released its bloodcurdling roar which echoed through the night. Twilight, while she still had the chance, had to call someone. Anyone. With her Xtransceiver out, she had this opportunity before any of the vampires or Despair Plants could catch up to her.


Ponyville.

"Okay, mom. Get home safely." Meanwhile, Ash had shown up at Ponyville, standing next to the gateway that would lead to Pallet Town. Delia and Mr Mime were about to depart, aiming to find safety during the Black Crusade. "Dad, me and everyone else are gonna handle this."

"Oh, please be safe, you all." Delia pleaded. "I wouldn't want you all being destroyed and turned to skeletons. I know Mimey would do a great job at keeping me safe."

"Mime-Mime!"

"Fluttershy's off to warn her Pokemon. Twilight might be a bit busy, so I'll tell everyone else. Do ya think you can warn everyone back at Pallet Town?"

"Of course. Professor Oak can handle the rest. He knows the town rather well. Just don't get hurt, alright? Or too badly hurt." Praying for the safety of Ash, Pikachu and everyone else, Delia would hug Ash before petting Pikachu's head.

"Pikachu."

With that, Delia would enter the gateway with Mr Mime, leaving Ponyville and returning to Pallet Town. It was hard to say if even Pallet Town was safe. The Black Crusade threatened everything and unless something was done, nowhere would be safe at all.

Right as she left, Ash received a call from his Xtransceiver. The Champion of Alola dug into his pockets to see who could be calling at a time like this. Who else but the only pony who was being pursued by the Dread League? Twilight Sparkle. A call of distress came from her, with the message 'Help' being underneath her face and Trainer ID.

"Twilight?!"

"Pika?!"

As the journey continues.


Chapter 126 End.

PreviousChapters Next