• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,321 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,321

PreviousChapters Next
Encounter at the Mirror Pool

Unova. Out in a forest. Afternoon.

Up above, the rain had ceased. It went in correlation with Sci-Twi managing to catch Dusknoir, who was a friend of Zorua named Raine before reincarnating into a Pokemon. However, during the moment when Twilight and Zorua did their best to talk to the enraged and vengeful Dusknoir, something else occurred in the other parts of the forest.

"What was that noise?" This whole time, while Sci-Twi and Carlita were dealing with Dusknoir, Ash and Sunset Shimmer came across something else of interest. The sound of Dusknoir's fury managed to reach them from afar.

"Oh, check this out!" Ash cried out. When searching for Dusknoir, who had already been found, this forest had more than just the old town that was once attacked by some Pokemon.

More of this town and what it used to have could be found elsewhere instead of just the heart of it. Ruins of the town were scattered across the forest as seen earlier when advancing through it. Ash would move the pile of rubble to see something glistening vibrantly. It looked like a Time Capsule once Ash held it up.

"A time capsule?" Sunset Shimmer said after observing the shape of this object.

"Looks like it. But I'm not sure this is related to Dusknoir. Unless..." Ash had to give it a try. When holding the capsule, he would push the sides as they were interactive, closing in once he pushed them. After being pushed, the capsule would open up. And within it, only one object could be found instead of many. This was a relatively small Time Capsule. This object in question ended up being some sort of map. But it was rather poorly drawn when Ash took it out.

"A map?" Sunset leaned in, looking at the childishly drawn map. She noticed how there were only three familiar locations noted on it. Mistralton City, Celestial Tower and the word 'Unova' which was supersized. It was just two locations and the entire region with different regions everywhere.

And on it, the imagery of two individuals had been spotted. A drawing of Zorua. Unovan to be exact. And the one next to Zorua was none other than Raine. Fittingly, only he and Zorua were well drawn. And to confirm that this was them, their names were even written underneath, showing the words 'Travel Partners' next to their names.

"Oh, this is Raine's!" Ash gasped, realizing who would've drawn this. "He must've made this to hype up his potential journey with Zorua."

"Aw, it's cute." Sunset Shimmer gushed at the adorable artwork. "But looks like he really didn't have much knowledge outside of Unova."

"Well, that's gonna change, right?" Ash added. "Raine's gonna see the world with Zorua now. All thanks to Twilight."

"Pikachu!"

"But do you think he's seen more now that's he's reincarnated as a Dusknoir?" Sunset Shimmer wondered. "Plus, I don't see many Pokemon around this forest."

"Yeah. They haven't shown up all that much, honestly." Ash scratched his hair before placing the map in his bag. As for the Time Capsule, it was almost broken with how long it's been buried here. Unfortunately, nothing else could be found in it. It was just the map after all.


Minutes later, back at that old ghost town, Sci-Twi managed to catch Dusknoir, adding him to the team. And after successfully doing so, she would sit down, still having injured her knee once it was scraped on the ground. Thankfully, Carlita was there to tend to her injury.

"That should do it." Carlita patched it up perfectly. "Well, guess we're done here. What's next, Twilight? Do we keep going for Scyther?"

"That's the plan. But...maybe later." Twilight replied, keeping still to let this injury heal even when bandaged. "By now, I should be getting back home."

"Ah, right. School and all that." Carlita nodded. "Must be tough. Having to go to school and be an assistant to a Pokemon Professor while trying to catch every Alpha Pokemon you can."

"It is, but I make it work. And so do my friends. Spike's being taken care of by Fluttershy right now so he's fine. I can get through school in no time. And by then, I would've hopefully caught every Pokemon. But that only means that gives J a lot more chances to catch any Alpha Pokemon while I'm back home." Sci-Twi rambled.

"Pssh. You don't have to worry about that. I mean, that Alpha Lopunny looks like it can handle itself with all of that sky-bound jumping, right? I doubt she can get all of them. And if something comes up, I'll try and get on it."

"You'll get involved, Carlita?"

"Of course!" Carlita exclaimed, crossing her arms proudly. "I've been getting out more instead of just staying at Eindoak all the time. I promised to help you with your Alpha Pokemon search after all. And when I see Hunter J, well...Hehe. It'll be a different story. Isn't that right, Hydreigon?"

"Hydreigon!"

"Well, I should be getting back home now for tomorrow. But the only problem is that...the Infinity Gateway's still gone. Where did it go? And why did it look like that?"

"No clue. But hey. At least you've got that stone to help keep you in your standard form. But what's up with you not wanting to show up as a pony? Wouldn't it be fun?"

"Showing up as something else and trying to adjust to the way that body works isn't something I'm ready for. I like the way things are for me." Twilight explained. "It'll be a pretty long trek back home. But Castelia shouldn't be too far from here anyway. I just wish there was another gateway I could use."

It was time for Sci-Twi to depart back home. She was still a student that couldn't afford to miss classes. And if only the gateway from Eindoak to her world wasn't gone to who-knows-where. Perhaps, if she never passed through it, it wouldn't have left suddenly.


Equestria. Manehattan. Afternoon.

Manehattan. One of Equestria's largest cities and has definitely seen its fair share of wild events when the two worlds were separated. Over at Manehattan, while the sun was setting, a visitor from another world was currently around, searching for something while choosing to keep herself rather hidden from many.

That would be Twilight Moonlight. Showing up here not too long ago, this counterpart to Twilight Sparkle has been on the move. Specifically, for something of interest that related to a short-lived world that only a few were aware of.

"Nothing's changed here." Twilight Moonlight observed the city, seeing that it was relatively normal except for the presence of Pokemon. "Maybe Manehattan was left out when Jirachi put both worlds together. It doesn't seem affected by anything."

"Nothing? Well, looks like we got lucky here." The voice that Twilight Moonlight spoke to replied once more. "Are you sure there isn't anything?"

"I looked at everywhere that was important in that short-lived world. And there was nothing. Nothing here that can really shake things up. Manehattan's completely harmless, unlike the Winged Mountain. I still think we should do something about that mountain."

"Lay off of it for now. Well, if Manehattan's fine, then we can move to our next location. Whatever it takes, any sign of Prisma returning needs to be dealt with it. So, how about Everfree? Now, will you go?"

"I'll pay a visit to Everfree." Twilight Moonlight held out the mysterious desaturated necklace once more. "But...I'm staying clear away from this world's Twilight. Got it'?"

"I know, I know. You don't have to be so sharp about it. Just keep your distance, find out anything and-" The voice suddenly paused before speaking once more. "Oh?"

"Oh? What do you mean 'Oh?'" Twilight Moonlight questioned. "What's happening?"

"Right now...someone's managing to figure out Rift Travel aside from us." The voice explained. Whoever this was that Twilight Moonlight spoke to was already well-versed in dimensional walking as that was how the unicorn showed up here. Clearly, adept in this cosmic power that was responsible for the many events that befell this world that used to be separate.

"Someone else is using the power of the Rift?!" Twilight Moonlight exclaimed before putting her hoof over her mouth, fearing that she might attract attention. "Who? And where are they going?"

"It's not from any of our worlds. It might be one of the Pokemon Worlds that could be behind this. They might've figured out how to return here even with the lack of gateways."

"Well, they should think twice about coming here. Who is it? Is it one of his counterparts?"

"Not sure. But if it is, you should investigate at once. Once I figure out where they are, you can head there, but stop by Everfree while you're at it, Moonlight."

"I understand. And if I run into any one of them, I'll do what I need to do." Right before Twilight Moonlight could finish her sentence, she was caught off guard once she turned around. Standing in her way were foals that startled her. "Gaah!"

"Princess Twilight!" They called out her name as if she was this world's Twilight. "What are you doing here!?"

"Uhh...!"

"You were talking so quietly behind this alley. Plus you were creeping around last night like this." A foal would mimic Twilight Moonlight's movements. He saw her last night, snooping around quietly, trying not to alert anyone. But it seems like someone did hear her.

"Wait, you saw me?!" Twilight Moonlight backed up as she didn't go fully undetected. Someone saw her and it just so happened to be a child. Truly unfortunate.

"We all did!" The foals grinned. "Are you doing something important? Is it another Pokemon Problem or something about the Rift? Can we help, Princess?!"

"I'm not a princess!" Twilight Moon protested. She claimed herself to not be a princess. The lack of wings backed that up perfectly.

"Huh...Yeah, where are your wings?" The foals would notice the absence of wings. "And why are you so different today?"

"She dyed her coat. Is she going through a phase...?" One of the foals whispered, pointing out Twilight Moonlight's alternate coat colour compared to Twilight Sparkle.

"I like your new manestyle! It's very pretty!"

"So, can alicorns hide their wings or something? That's weird."

"What's up with you and Ash?"

"Awkward..." The voice who spoke to Twilight Moonlight found this to be a rather unfortunate position for someone who wanted to be so secretive. "But they are just children. I doubt they'll take this too seriously."

"I still can't afford to take any chances..." The unicorn grizzled before being bombarded with a barrage of words from these foals. They would show their love for the princess, asking for autographs, an opportunity to hang out or even see her Pokemon if they could. If only if this was the right Twilight Sparkle. But this Twilight wasn't so eager as her teeth were grizzling together, followed by a growl."I need to go! Move aside! Now!" Twilight Moonlight yelled, startling the colts and fillies with her thunderous voice.

The children would separate with Twilight Moonlight walking off. She managed to give herself free space by bellowing with such intensity in her voice. The foals were taken aback by this before watching the unicorn depart.

"She sounds more aggressive than usual, doesn't she?" A filly pointed out how serious Twilight Moonlight's tone was. Every foal here would agree, slowly nodding their heads.

"You could've been a bit nicer to them or even give them some time. Why are you the way that you are, Twilight?" The voice questioned.

"I don't need to hear that from you." Twilight Moonlight groaned, holding her head in agitation. "I don't have time for something like that. Besides...I'm not the best around kids anyway."

"I know. Growing up in that academy, you never took the chance to converse with your fellow students. Too busy growing as a Pokemon Trainer but you could still take that opportunity even today."

"I didn't take that chance because it was unnecessary. Everyone else in that school would've held me back too much. That's all I need to say." Twilight Moonlight finished her conversation with the mysterious voice before departing to the Everfree Forest.


The Everfree Forest. Nightfall.

And it wouldn't be too long for her to get there. Using her Noivern, she would soar through the skies of Equestria, still aiming to keep herself hidden from many without blowing her cover. But she didn't mind sharing her name as Twilight. Although, it was only around children so far.

As for the Everfree Forest, it had fully healed at last after so long. And by extension, Zecora would have her original home back as it was currently being rebuilt. Soaring through the night skies, Twilight Moonlight would spot the reconstruction of Zecora's home, spotting nothing different so far. Her main objective here was investigating the many oddities of the forest to see what was different and how it related to bits of the short-lived world showing up.

Zecora was currently at the Everfree Forest, being behind this reconstruction as only she could know how her home looked. She wanted it back to the way it was with a few touches. And helping her out were some of the Pokemon from the Pokemon House. However, once more, Twilight Moonlight failed to be completely discreet. She was still noticed. And in this case, it was by Zecora and a few Pokemon who looked up.

When looking up, Zecora spotted a familiar face. It looked to be Twilight Sparkle's face but the differences were also visible. The different manestyle and the coat came into question. Zecora's eyes narrowed as curiosity caught her attention, taking her focus away from rebuilding her home.

And her first destination ended up being the Mirror Pool. Passing by the eyes of many so that she would not be found, Twilight Moonlight and her Noivern descended in front of the cavern that leads to this enchanted pool. Once again, after a few hours had gone by, she would speak to the voice from another world yet again.

"Safe and sound. I wasn't recognized by anyone from Ponyville since I came from another direction. Hopefully." Twilight Moonlight said, returning Noivern before then entering the Cavern. "I'm heading for the Mirror Pool first."

"The Mirror Pool. Good call. When he used that pool, it created greater complications for us. We already struggled trying to deal with just him. Having to deal with that many was a problem."

"Which is why I think we should get rid of it." Twilight Moonlight, much like the Winged Mountain, wanted to eliminate the Mirror Pool.

"This again? Why are you so destructive, Twilight?"

"You said it yourself. Prisma gave us so much trouble with what he unleashed on the world. He used every asset available with his vast knowledge and that's what made him such a problem. He's not even that much of a Magical Genius in the first place." Twilight Moonlight explained, bringing up the Mysterious Prisma once more. "I wouldn't want doubles of him showing up again if he comes back here."

Continuing on her way through the cavern which was connected to the surface via a tunnel, she expressed her reasons for wanting to destroy the Mirror Pool. Entering the now-regenerated location, the cavern walls surrounding everything here, including the pool were covered in luminescent flowers and mushrooms.

"I suppose so. But be discreet about it. Just make the destruction quick. Perhaps just sucking out all the liquid would do, right?"

"Right. As for his counterparts, those are another issue we have to deal with." After moving through the cavern, she finally appeared at her destination. There it was. The Mirror Pool. Everything magical here at the Everfree Forest had returned. It was only natural. The magic in Equestria refused to let such a place be lost without its eerie charm. "For now, destroying the Mirror Pool will get rid of one problem."

"And why would you want to destroy the Mirror Pool?" A voice grabbed Twilight's attention. And it wasn't the one she was constantly speaking to. Instead, by turning around, she would see that it was none other than Zecora. Along with the few Pokemon who spotted her. "With a better distance...you look like Twilight. Who are you?"

"Tch. Zecora." Twilight Moonlight scoffed after facing Zecora. "Followed me down here? You always were rather surprisingly stealthy. I guess the same goes for this universe."

"Zecora?" The voice gasped. "So much for being discreet...Again. You're lacking a bit recently, Twilight. What happened?"

"This doesn't concern you, Zecora." Twilight Moonlight spoke. "You should leave right now. Unless bits of your other self from that world are there."

"I don't think so no." Zecora shook her head. "But hearing that you want to destroy the Mirror Pool and the fact that you appear as Twilight Sparkle is something I want to know."

Zecora demanded some answers. Already, she was rather cautious about this. She knew that this wasn't the Twilight she knew just by appearance alone. The similarities were there but there was a distinct difference to make them separate. But they did share the same voice.

"We definitely can't let Zecora know about this." The voice said. "If she does, it could turn our plans upside down. I'm with you on this one. You should get her out of here."

"I'm already planning on it. Get lost, Zecora. You won't get any answers from me and you never will." Twilight Moonlight would utter, narrowing her eyes at the zebra. But Zecora would also narrow her eyes at the unicorn.

Zecora certainly wasn't leaving. Not when the destruction of the Mirror Pool was apparently a possibility with how this Twilight Sparkle lookalike suddenly came here to do just that. She didn't need much of a reason to find this utterly concerning.

What will become of this encounter that was taking place at the Mirror Pool's Cavern? At last, Twilight Moonlight ran into someone who took her presence seriously, compared to the younger ponies who were easier to be around. As the journey continues.


Chapter 41 End.

PreviousChapters Next