• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,321 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,321

PreviousChapters Next
The Baby and Box

Equestria. Seviper Swamp. Day.

"What?! WHAT?!" Chrysalis had learned a shocking truth that existed since her birth. She was the creator of the Box of 100 Demons. Made right on the same day she was born in the depths of Tartarus, Chrysalis was deeply connected to it, which was not something she ever thought would be a thing. But here she was, hearing it from her own mother's mouth. "Y-You're joking, right?! Mew?!"

"I told you wouldn't handle it so perfectly." Mellifera shook her head, expecting Chrysalis to react in this way. By looking at her eyes, Chrysalis' pupils were shrinking. "Tsk. Tsk. You're far too confident in yourself, you know that?"

"Never mind that! Is that true?! I-I made it?! How could I have made it if I was just born?! And you knew this whole time and didn't tell me?! Again?!" Chrysalis bombarded her with questions.

"It was without your own conscious. But willpower is what powered it. This is exactly why I was always so determined to bring out your full potential because I knew there was something there. However, I vehemently avoided anything with the box once I learned about it."

"That's the reason why? That's why you raised me in such a way?"

"Absolutely not. I raised you for many reasons but that box was not one of them. If anything, that box was a surprise that I never would have expected." Mellifera quickly denied it.

"B-But this can't be..." Chrysalis was dumbfounded and gutted by this revelation. She looked at her hooves, trembling as she was a product of the Box of 100 Demons. More than that. She was the original creator without her ever knowing until now. And it was truly terrifying to think about. "T-Then, is my life tied to that box? Please don't say that."

"No." Mellifera shook her head. "However, if something were to happen to the box, a part of you will be destroyed. I'm not sure what exactly. When I first went to Tartarus to find the Box, I was told everything I needed to know. And one of them was the fact that if the box is affected by magic in some way, you will feel something. Most of it seems to be pain and for the longest time, the Box of 100 Demons was relatively untouched by any destructive magic."

"But how could I make something like that? And what part of me will be destroyed?" She threw more questions in. "What happened on that day I was born?"

"It's the magic within you, obviously. But I suppose it has something to do with your own desires. You were born a Changeling after all, and the next in line to being a Queen, so you have a lot to desire in your life. Whatever magic lies within you is responsible for making that box. Perhaps it's the conflicting nature of your old self and current self. I'm not too sure. But its obvious that it leads ti violence and destruction, which goes well with the Dread League."

"And you just left it in the care of the Dread League?! Do they even know about this?!" Chrysalis stood up, roaring at her mother. "Why didn't you take it when you had the chance?!"

"Obviously not! I'm the only one that knows about this!" Mellifera roared back at her. "If they knew about your connection to that box, they wouldn't hesitate to destroy it. But it's too valuable to them. And I absolutely refused to go anywhere near that box when I first came across it. I still remember the day I first encountered it. Something truly devious was resting in there that I would not interact with. Only the Dread League would have the courage to go near it."

"T-Then...What about the demons inside? I made them? How could I have made those horrible creatures? The box I can somewhat understand but the forces that live inside?" Chrysalis sat down, holding her head as Ribombee flew to her side to comfort her.

"You remember the Centipede Demon, don't you? That was originally a group of Centipedes and you reverted them to their original form once more. The truth is that the demons that live inside of that box has a semblance of our magic. Changeling Magic. We have the power to shapeshift after all and your hidden magic that also created the box can do the same to other beings but they can only take the forms of demons."

"I can do that?" Chrysalis looked at her hoof in amazement, figuring out something about herself that she did when she was still young.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, my dearest daughter," Mellifera smirked. "It's not everyone. All those demons are the result of your magic and a majority of them used to live in Tartarus. It is a prison for criminals after all and the criminals of that era were caught up in your magic, shapeshifting their bodies into demons. Inside that box lies not just 100 Demons but dozens of Criminals of Tartarus. Think of it as an extra prison for them if that makes you feel any better. Only the centipedes and other creatures weren't criminals. And I would know. I saw it for myself."

"You did?"

"Oh yes. Because the very first Changeling Hive exists near Tartarus. It wasn't a difficult trek for me to make. I saw all those prisoners engulfed in your magic. I still remember how it looked to witness their transformation." Mellifera thought back to the day she arrived at Tartarus to witness the Box of 100 Demons which currently had no demons within it.


Many Centuries Ago. Tartarus.

Tartarus. A location where the evil spirits of the world are locked away for their crimes. And at this point in time, it certainly had plenty of criminals down here. This was a time when Equestria hadn't even been discovered yet and even before Princess Celestia was born. Danger was the most prominent it has ever been in Equestria but a solution to that was already there. Tartarus.

Currently, many criminals were locked here for their crimes, unaware of what would happen to them all. Sitting here at Tartarus, unbothered by anything, was the Box that had no demons within it. The criminals were all behind bars, unable to even reach or interact with this mysterious Box.

All except for one. Arriving here at Tartarus was a younger Mellifera. She certainly looked younger as her mane had some vibrancy to it. The Changeling Queen of this time stood before the Box, already feeling the ominous nature radiating from it. It was still new to this world, just being created minutes ago during Chrysalis' birth.

"So this is it? What an awful presence." She commented on the box. However, it wouldn't just sit around there. The magic coming from the box would eventually react to its surroundings. And only its surroundings. Mellifera gasped, slowly backing away as violent green magic flared out of the box. It opened itself without anyone needing to do so. The criminals all shuddered as a horrific sound came from the box, matching that of thunder.

For these criminals to be terrified and intimidated by the sound and force coming from the box showed how deviously dangerous it was to scare them. These criminals were down here simply because of their actions and this box gave them a feeling of dread that not even Tartarus managed to give out.

Mellifera protected herself with a magical field from the powerful magic as it was spreading rapidly. She witnessed how the criminals down here would have their bodies engulfed by the green magic. They cried out as they could feel their bodies changing all of a sudden. And that wasn't just a feeling. It was a reality. The Changeling Queen gasped as she witnessed how one of these criminals, who was a pegasus, had her body morph horrifically.

The pegasus couldn't understand what was going on. How could her body change all of a sudden and what exactly was it turning into? Other species would gasp in horror at their transformations that would completely change who they were. Mellifera watched as they all took on the form of demons, gaining new body parts that were uncomfortable to them, altered body shapes and many other things that were never there before.

Mellifera witnessed an alternate version of Changeling Magic at play. Her newly born daughter had the innate ability to shapeshift others, but it was unpleasant compared to what an ordinary Changeling can do. The magic grew violent enough to hit Mellifer'as shield. A bit of it slipped through her shield, grabbing a hold of the Changeling Queen's hoof.

"Off of me!" Mellifera bellowed, using her magic to repel it. Despite how violent and powerful it was, Mellifera had the strength to reject it, preventing herself from being transformed into something hideous. And by extension, she also prevented herself from being sucked in.

All of the criminals here would have their bodies pulled in by the Box, carried by the magic it let out. They screamed, unable to resist it unlike Mellifera as they found a new prison that was arguably worse than Tartarus. Five dozens of demons flew inside as Mellifera counted at least 60 of them. That was already a gigantic majority of criminals, making it almost close to 100.

Afterwards, the box would close itself, successfully trapping them inside. On this day, demons were born and locked within the box. Mellifera was the first to witness it all, minus its creation. The box would continue to sit there, no longer letting out that ominous energy. But what it did let out were the slightly audible cries of the demons within.


Present Day.

"This is ridiculous..." Chrysalis held her head. "H-How am I going to tell this to everyone else? I've brought upon a horrible force that terrorized them, especially during the Pokemon Festival.

"Ribombee..." Ribombee would pet Chrysalis on the head, trying to comfort her. This was a lot to take in and Mellifera did not hold back it seems.

"Hm. Well, you didn't completely crumble when I told you about this." Mellifera shrugged. "But if you're feeling devasted by this, why not tell those you trust? Those sappy ponies and that human you know are too understanding, aren't they? It makes me sick."

"I guess I can tell them." Chrysalis scrunched her face. "But...What if everything goes wrong? You said a part of me will be destroyed and you don't even know what it is. What if my violent side shows up again, Mother?"

"I don't know. That's as far as my knowledge goes, after all. I've given you everything you need to know. If you want to stay around some more, go ahead. But now you will have to live with the fact that you created that box and formed 100 different demons. Well, 99 now. If you can overcome that somehow, I'll be very impressed."

"I will!" Chrysalis stood up, startling her mother with her voice being raised. She was still processing everything she learned from her mother as her hooves were trembling in fear of what she possessed. "You think this will crush my spirit but it won't. I swear on it. I'll find a way through this like I always do."

"Hoh? Do you really think so? It's a major part of you, after all, my dearest daughter. It's not just some random part that you can get rid of and it will only have a brief effect. It's incredibly tied to you and who knows what will happen to you if it is destroyed."

"I intend to find that out. I'm with Celestia in wanting to break that field of magic that protects and conceals Magehold. She wants to retrieve Yveltal and Fantina. Well, I wish to retrieve the box from the Dread League."

"Good luck with that," Mellifera replied. She wasn't exactly underestimating her daughter. Rather, from the smile on her face, she had faith in her. Her daughter has proven her wrong before after all and Mellifera has come to accept it.

"Before I go...How did I turn them into demons? I don't even remember doing anything to that group of centipedes from before. You said that it's similar to how we can shapeshift, right?"

"...Mmm?" Mellifer genuinely didn't know, shrugging afterwards. "Figure that one out on your own. Never before has a Changeling been able to turn someone else into something. You've clearly gone above and beyond the average Changeling. You're the Queen after all."

Chrysalis would leave with a plethora of information to take in. She had the most unlikely connection to the Box of 100 Demons which completely blindsided her when it was revealed. With trust in those she's grown close with, she would decide to share it all with her friends and her subjects.

But there was something unnerving about knowing that a majority of those demons were once just regular creatures, transformed by a young Chrysalis who had no concept of what she was doing and how she even did it in the first place.


Manehattan. Afternoon.

However, all of that was unknown for now by those who were simply enjoying their lives at the moment. And currently, they were about to witness the arrival of the newest Battle Frontier. It would be Equestria's first Battle Frontier.

The Battle Carnival would be used as this facility as a massive airship was carrying it, having the logo of Silph Co. on it. The Airship would then gently lower the Battle Carnival at Manehattan, placing it right near the end of the city. And of course, here to see the installation of this Battle Frontier was Ash and some of his friends. He was currently joined by Rainbow Dash, Spike, Applejack and Rarity.

"Nice, nice!" Ash admired the Battle Carnival from this distance, standing on a bridge. "Looks like you've got something to look forward to after all, Rainbow Dash."

"You said it!" Rainbow Dash's eyes flared up with excitement. "While I'm waiting for everyone to finish the Gyms, I can do this in the meanwhile! Maybe not today thought, but still!" Finally, Rainbow Dash had something else to do before the Equestria League can start. And the Battle Frontier was the best choice possible.

And of course, familiar faces were seen there. The workers of the Battle Carnival would be present for this but it was unknown if either of them were the Frontier Brains. The owner of the Battle Carnival could very well be one. Here to see this facility being fully realized was Princess Celestia.

"This will do just fine." Celesti approved, standing in front of the Battle Carnival. "We can call this the Battle Carnival still, even if it's now a Battle Frontier. It's more fun that way."

"Thank you so much for this, Princess Celestia!" The owner of the Battle Carnival would get on his knees, tearing up from this as he was waiting for this moment since the carnival was first made. "I've wanted it to be a Battle Frontier from the very beginning and I thought that would never happen! I'm truly grateful!"

"You're welcome. But remember to have fun, alright? It's what you all do best." Celestia replied with a gentle tone.

"Y-Yes your majesty!" He wiped his tears away before facing his employees. "Listen up all of you! Our travels around the world stop here. Manehattan is our final destination and we need to live up to the expectations of the Battle Frontier. Of course, we need Frontier Brains but we also need to give challengers and customers the most fun they can have!"

"Yes sir!" They all saluted. None of them were Frontier Brains, meaning this Battle Carnival was still missing that vital element. But once it is added, it shall truly be ready. And of course, since it is a carnival, everyone was free to enter and indulge in all the fun activities and events that will take place.

And that is exactly what they did. They came swarming in, wanting to experience the carnival. As always, the workers were always ready to entertain as Ash and many others would approach the Battle Carnival.


Ponyville. The Pokemon House.

Arriving here at the Pokemon House was none other than Chrysalis. She was still taking in everything she learned, coming to Ponyville. She was only here to meet with her friends and the Pokemon House was her first decision. Two of her good friends are usually here. Fluttershy, who was the caretaker of the Pokemon House and Ash, who commonly comes around here.

"Hi! Afternoon, Chrysalis!" Fluttershy waved at the Changeling Queen while taking care of some Pokemon. "What brings you here?"

"Oh, sorry. I thought Ash would be here first since he usually shows up at this sanctuary. Is he here?" Chrysalis asked about Ash's presence.

"Sorry, he's gone elsewhere. But if you're here to talk about something, I'm here." Fluttershy would flutter over with Raboot sprinting with her.

"I just recently shared a lot with my subjects back at the Changeling Hive. I figured I would do the same to everyone else I know. It's simply to get something off my back before it gets out of control. I'd rather not hide it." Chrysalis wanted to reveal it as soon as possible, just for the sake of getting it off her back.

"Really? Is something wrong?"

"Oh, it's not that something is wrong. So far, everything is fine. But I just have my worries and fears, that's all." Chrysalis would sit next to a lake where the Water-Types could be found swimming along with other Pokemon who just wanted to swim, drink or take a dip. "I figured that you, Ash and everyone else here would understand."

"You came to the right place then. If something's bothering you, you can always tell us." Fluttershy was greatly understanding as to be expected. Chrysalis made the right choice coming here. "I'm sure if Ash was here, he'd understand too, wouldn't he?"

"He would. He's the reason why I'm like this now anyway. Thank you, Fluttershy. I'm glad I can move around without having to worry about any suspicious glares like before." Chrysalis said with a relieved heart and smile on her face. "Before I share what I need to...I've decided to confront the Dread League myself."

"Right now?"

"After this. They've been launching consistent attacks on Equestria now. And most likely, they're using the Box of 100 Demons to aid them. And that is what this is all about. Fluttershy. When I was born, I accidentally created the Box of 100 Demons. I'm its true owner and creator."

"You are?! As a baby?!" Fluttershy gasped along with the other Pokemon who managed to hear this.

"I know. It is strange, isn't it? My mother was right about my potential and I already showed a majority of it on the day I was conceived. She told me everything, Fluttershy. How it was made and the demons within it. Some of them are criminals from Tartarus who have been transformed by my magic as if they were Changelings themselves. And the others are innocent creatures who were caught up in it. After learning that, I made up my mind about two things. I would tell everyone so that I wouldn't sugarcoat the truth. And then...I'd do something about the box. I'm planning to take it back with me."

Chrysalis revealed that she wished to retrieve the box. After giving her some time to think about it, she realized that being the creator of the box meant that she was the rightful owner of it. She should be the one to possess it and not the Dread League. Fluttershy blinked, processing what she just heard as Chrysalis did not sugarcoat.

"Oh my," Fluttershy spoke. "Well, it's good on you to share it with us. But there's no hard feelings for all those demon attacks, Chrysalis. You didn't mean it and you didn't unleash them either."

"I figured you'd say that. I was a baby after all. But now that you know, you can also tell why I'm planning on going after the Dread League now that I've been told this. If anyone should have that box, it should be me. The next time they attack, which will be during the night, obviously, I'll be there."

"May I help?" Fluttershy asked.

"Help? Why? It's rather dangerous, Fluttershy. This is the Dread League after all and aren't they also focused on recruiting you?" Chrysalis questioned, unsure if Fluttershy should assist.

"Oh, I'm sure of it." With a smile on her face, she was very sure. "After all, you said that innocent creatures were affected too, right? I'd like to help them out myself. Maybe there's a way to bring them back to how they were."

"A way to bring them back to how they were?" said Chrysalis. It hit her. That was a possibility. She remembered how she reverted the Centipede Demon into how it originally was but that was only a moment of rage. However, it was possible still. She just had to find a way to do it without having such a violent outburst. "Hm. There is a way. That Centipede Demon has been around for many years and when I reverted it, all those centipedes were still alive. So it's not out of the realm of possibility!"

"Great!" Fluttershy clapped her hooves together. "But you do know which ones are which, right?"

"Uh..." Chrysalis scratched her mane. Alas, she wasn't sure which ones were innocent and which were criminals. She was merely a baby and only the Centipede Demon had any sort of familiarity. If she wasn't careful, she could accidentally free a criminal and let them wreak havoc on Equestria once more. "H-How about we focus on getting the box back first? Anyway...Mind showing me around this place for a while?"

"Oh sure! You'll love the new rooms here!" Fluttershy would gladly do the honours, touring Chrysalis around the Pokemon House and its many upgrades.

Chrysalis was blessed to have such great friends. Friends who could still accept her. This is how it has been ever since she met Ash and it continues to exist for her and her many subjects. As such, she'll do whatever she can to protect all of this as this was the most love she's ever experienced. And as a changeling, how could she let this all go? As the journey continues.


Chapter 102 End.

PreviousChapters Next