• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,321 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,321

PreviousChapters Next
Low Spirits

Equestria. Manehattan. Late Afternoon.

Rainbow Dash had lost to the Frontier Brain Nadya. But with that loss came with extra determination to win. She and Mienshao were currently at Manehattan where the Battle Frontier could be found. With the orange sunlight active, they were currently practising with each. They would not go home since they would take on the Battle Frontier a second time tomorrow. They were currently at Manehattan's local park.

"Okay, Mienshao! That's enough. That slot machine gave us a lot of trouble, but it's not gonna mess us up tomorrow!" Rainbow Dash bellowed. "The next time we take on Nadya and Delphox, we'll outsmart them!"

"Mienshao!"

"How many options do you think of on that slot machine? The first one was by far the roughest. Any of their moves could be taken away from them." Ash wondered.

"I couldn't catch all those symbols that went by. But there were a lot of them so who knows what they could do? And since it's Potion Nova, that makes it all the more intimidating." Twilight Sparkle said.

"So, Rainbow Dash! Thought about pulling on those slot machines?" Pinkie Pie slid over.

"Nope. I gave it some thought but...I wanna win my way." Rainbow Dash stayed adamant about her choice. "I mean, I could get something good from it. If I used it, there could be an effect that messes up Delphox. But we'll mess Nadya and Delphox up our way."

"It hasn't even been a few days or weeks and you're already planning to rob her victory away, Rainbow Dash?" Rarity jokingly said. "You saw how happy she was with her victory. She was as ecstatic as a newcomer Trainer winning a battle."

"I mean, yeah. She was just as determined as me. Seems just as new too. I won't let her get the best of me though. She may have shown everypony there what a Frontier Brain was capable of but tomorrow, I'll show everypony what the Future Champion of Equestria can do!"

"Mienshao!"


Kalos. Tropezete Town. Nightfall.

Nadya had returned home. Somewhere in the South of Kalos, existed another town among many. Tropezete Town. A coastal town with lots of beaches that could be seen at any angle, a port and small yet well-built buildings. Nadya returned by using roller skates, moving through the streets of Kalos at night. Her home was among these many small buildings as it was nothing special. This was just a peaceful town after all.

However, she did not go inside her home. Instead, on the wall of her house, a small phone could be seen plastered on it. Nadya would instead use that phone before she would enter her home for a wonderful rest. There was someone she just had to speak to. Or rather, two individuals she had to speak to.

"Mom! Dad! I won!" Those were her parents. Instead of being home, Nadya apparently lived by herself. Of course, she had her Pokemon by her side so it wasn't truly alone but without the parents, there was that one part of the family absent from the area. "I really did it!"

"Congratulations." However, once the voice on the phone spoke, Nadya shuddered, receiving chills down her spine.

"Oh...It's you." Nadya's tone changed immediately. The person speaking to her were neither of her parents judging by her tone. "I wanted to speak to my parents but...You're still here."

"You did well winning your first Frontier Battle. You didn't fail at it." The mysterious voice said.

"I had help getting in there thanks to Luca. Now that I'm in, can you let my parents go?" Nadya requested. The reason for her nervous tone being present all of a sudden had to do with her parents. There was a reason why they were not home at the moment.

"Not yet. The Battle Frontier is just the start. It's only your first day there and it sounds like you made a great first impression. And the Pokemon there? Did one of them happen to be a Pikachu? Do not lie to me."

"There was a Pikachu. And it was Ash's Pikachu..." There was a bit of reluctance in her voice. But the person she was speaking to was rather intimidating as Nadya was forced to answer. The safety of her parents was on the line.

"Figures. With something like that around, he was bound to show up. Did you interact with him in any way? Get anything out of him? Especially about the other world." Conversation about another world came up. And this moment, there was only one parallel world that could be reached ever since the two worlds merged and that was the Human World.

"Not really. I was too focused on the battle. I really wanted to prove myself to everyone. I've been practising hard for a moment like this, getting stronger and-"

"Like I care about your growth in strength." The voice suddenly shut her down, making Nadya whimper.

"You haven't told anyone about this, have you?"

"N-No. I haven't told Luca. Or any of the other Frontier Brains. Or even the Battle Carnival." Nadya looked to the side. Clearly, asking for help put her parents at risk and for such a young girl, she couldn't risk that at all.

"Good. You'll keep them out of this unless you want the worst to happen to your parents. Lifelike Human Status might be worth something in the Black Market. Build up your trust with everyone there and when the time is right, we can truly get involved and perform the biggest heist possible. Understood?"

"I understand. After this, you'll leave us alone, right?"

"Of course. After all, you had something special that no one else had. How unfortunate we happened to find you and your parents since we need something like that. We'll talk first thing in the morning."

"Alright," Nadya grumbled, hanging up the call. The young Frontier Brain had her own issues going on at the moment. And that involved the safety of her parents. Nadya stood there for a moment, taking it all in. She felt very powerless to help her family unless she fulfils the desires of this strange group. Only then will they be free and safe but Nadya had a gut feeling that might not be the case.

Afterwards, she would enter her home, not even bothering to turn on the lights. With her parents gone, Nadya now lived on her own with no supervision. No other family members were present at all. The room was rather wide but that was mainly because it was meant for a family. Not one girl. The place was rather lifeless even if someone was there. The air felt cold despite how hot this part of Kalos was.

However, Nadya did not put herself to sleep instantly. Instead, she went to the fridge, possibly to get herself something to eat. At least, that is what anyone would do at this time. Nadya had something else in mind. By opening her fridge, a light emerged. One that no fridge should ever possess.

A Rift Gateway.

Slimmer than the rest considering where it was located, this was a rather unorthodox gateway compared to every single one that has existed. Probably more unorthodox than the Infinity Gateway. Never before has a gateway been inside of something.

Nadya stared at this gateway which blocked all the food, making it impossible to access. At that moment, she would also put her hand through the gateway, going to grab something. Past it was another world. But since both worlds were now united, there were only a few possibilities of where this led to.

But what she pulled out had no clear indication as to where it may be. From it, Nadya pulled out a letter, of all things that came straight from this other world. And from it, these words were written. "Don't forget about tomorrow."

That same group wrote to her, warning Nadya that she had to speak with them tomorrow. They would not let her forget about it for a moment. Nadya would have to go to sleep knowing this. What was worse was the fact that this group could access her home by using this gateway. She was not safe at all with her location being this accessible. No one else but her and the mysterious group were aware of the gateway. And poor Nadya was just too terrified to speak to anyone else about it.

Tomorrow would be a new day and the rematch that Rainbow Dash wanted. But while Nadya was excited to battle again, there was a part of her dealing with this threatening problem.


Equestria. Manehattan. The Battle Carnival. The Battle Frontier. Day.

A new day had come. And it was the day Rainbow Dash was about to receive her rematch against Nadya. Setting hoof at the Battle Carnival once more was Rainbow Dash and she already had Mienshao out of her Poke Ball.

"It's round 2! We're ready!" Rainbow Dash with high enthusiasm, feeling confident in today's victory. She certainly did not want a repeat of yesterday. But before any of that could happen, Rainbow Dash would indulge herself in what the carnival had to offer. "First, a bite."

She and Mienshao went over to the concession stands where plenty of food could be offered up to anyone entering the Battle Carnival. And it was available to Battle Frontier customers too, of course. She had the option to use bits or Pokedollars to purchase her food, meaning she had all the opportunity in the world to buy plenty of food. But for this battle, she wouldn't eat too much before it could begin.

Her friends would indulge in this meal, minus Twilight Sparkle, who was currently at the Pokemon School. She skipped out on one day as the Principal and she just couldn't afford to do it again. While Rainbow Dash was consuming some carnival food before the battle, Nadya was preparing herself as well.

Showing up here at Equestria did not take long for the young Frontier Brain at all. She actually showed up here before Rainbow Dash, showing that the distance difference wasn't a big deal for her compared to others. Nadya could be found at her facility, watching over the slot machines. The massive one in the middle plus the rest on the side that have not been used yet.

"Here so soon?" Showing up in this facility to greet his friend was Luca. A fellow blue-haired Frontier Brain. "Look at you showing up early. That's not like you, actually."

"You're here early too, ya know. How'd you even get here so fast?"

"I was in Equestria even through the night. I was prepared to show up. In case someone wanted to challenge me. Sharon's still not yet here, busy enjoying her fame at the moment."

"Watch me today, Luca. I'll score another win. And then everyone will know just how strong the Frontier Brains are. Especially me! I'll look like the strongest out of them if this keeps up!"

"Sure. By the way, my father's been trying to reach your parents for a while now," said Luca which suddenly made Nadya's frown form into a poker face. "And now he really wants to speak to them ever since you won your first battle as a Frontier Brain."

"Ooh...Really?"

"Right. But they haven't answered. Father has something special for them. Could you maybe speak with them since my father can't reach them?"

"Oh, uh...I can try. But it'll be tough!"

"Really? How come?" Luca questioned. At this point, he believed her parents were still living with her back at Tropezete Town but that was far from the truth. Unable to tell Luca the truth, Nadya searched for an excuse.

"My parents are just like Sharon right now. Busy, busy, busy. I'll see if I can still talk to them but you might not see them."

"Nadya. Is something wrong?" Luca questioned. He felt as if something was amiss. Especially when listening to Nadya's tone. For a moment, he heard her tone drop into something rather weak. Very much unlike her.

"Nothing's wrong! I'm chasing that victory I got yesterday!" Nadya rekindled her energy. "And I'm looking to keep it that way by getting a second victory. You worry too much!"

"Uh, okay," Luca replied, scratching his face. "If you say so. You look like you know what you're doing. But if you ever need something, me and the other Frontier Brains will be here. Well, I'll be here. The others are still all over the place. You're young so you'll need all the help you can get."

"Not when it comes to battling. I don't need help with that anymore!" Nadya stuck her tongue out playfully. Suddenly, a knock on the door came through, alerting the Young Frontier Brain. By hearing it, it sounded like Rainbow Dash was here, ready to get this second round started.


But in reality, Rainbow Dash was still having a snack with her friends. Right now, she was just about to finish up. Someone else had shown up at that facility. Ponies could be seen making their way to the facility, expecting the battle today. They were already informed of it after Rainbow Dash shouted her inevitable rematch back then.

"Okay. I think I'm good." A satisfied Rainbow Dash uttered. "We can get started, right, Mienshao?"

"Shao."

"Are you sure you know how to deal with whatever effects come from that Slot Machine? Twilight said she saw a lot even if she couldn't make out all those symbols," said Fluttershy, wanting Rainbow Dash to be careful.

"I'm just gonna have to wing it." Rainbow Dash answered, declaring that she would do what she could when those effects appear. "Besides, you saw how that battle turned out. I could've won that."

"She's right." Rarity agreed with Rainbow Dash. "Mienshao managed to weaken Delphox despite the Type Disadvantage. But Delphox just had a few things to give him the edge. But this time, I'm positive Mienshao will put that same pressure on him and grasp victory."

"Yeah, but Nadya and Delphox are probably expecting that." Passing on some Trainer Knowledge was Ash. "They know you two are gonna work through it so whatever comes up on their slot machine, they're gonna try something new."

"Good point..." Rainbow Dash pondered for a moment. "So I basically got expect the unexpected but I also gotta expect what they might do with the unexpected and...uh..." The pegasus paused, stumbling on her words. "That sounded cooler and smoother in my head."

"Just don't get shaken up." Applejack replied. "I mean, if I was in there, I'd probably pull on all those slot machines to see what comes up."

"All of them? Now that you mention it, what would happen if you pulled them all at the same time?" Pinkie Pie's curiosity was greatly raised because of this. "Oooh! What if you pull one of them and Nadya pulls the big one at the same time? What happens then!?"

"Well, if I had to guess..." Starlight would close her eyes, thinking of the most realistic possibility. "If that Healing effect kicks in then..." But even for Starlight Glimmer that was difficult to figure out. It was all a matter of seeing it play out to know what could happen. "I actually don't know. And I don't think we're gonna find out since Rainbow Dash won't use them."

"Not for a second. Okay, let's get this show on the road." Rainbow Dash stretched her wings before prancing along. Mienshao would run beside her as it was off to the Battle Casino. Victory was on her mind but a way to outdo the effects of the Slot Machine was flooding her mind as well. She managed to find ways to outdo them in the first battle but could she do the same in the second battle?


The Battle Casino.

Entering here, Rainbow Dash saw that there were already many ponies gathered around to see her rematch. They greatly enjoyed the first battle as it was nothing they had ever seen before. Why would they suddenly stop and not take the opportunity to see a second battle?

"Okay, Nadya! Let's do this! This time I'll-" However, even though the ponies had gathered up, the looks on their faces spoke volumes as to what they were currently reacting to. Rainbow Dash and her friends would soon have their own reaction after seeing the sight in front of them.

A battle with Nadya had already happened. And at this moment, it was already over. Their jaws dropped as the massive slot machine that Nadya used the entire time currently had a massive hole through it with smoke being visible. All the other slot machines were untouched as always but the one that was used the most was now a total wreck. It was hard to tel lif it was salvageable at all.

The one responsible for this was none other than Lightning Dust. And the Pokemon that caused this damage as her Toxtricity. Lying there on the floor was a Furfrou. Nadya's Furfrou. It had lost the battle against Toxtricity, thus, resulting in Nadya losing this battle. She did not receive a winning streak at all as Lightning Dust shut it down.

"Hm? Well, look what we have here." Lightning Dust smirked, turning to face Rainbow Dash. The two rivals met once more at the Battle Frontier, but this time, one of them had the edge.

"No way! Lightning Dust?! D-Did you-"

"Win? On my first try? That's right." Lightning Dust winked, confirming what Rainbow Dash was thinking and unable to finish. And hearing that shattered Rainbow Dash. She couldn't believe it. Lightning Dust succeeded in something she failed at the first time. "That slot machine was already starting to give me some trouble, so Toxtricity dealt with that in a heartbeat."

"Toxtricity."

"So you broke the Slot Machine?! Is that even allowed!?" Rainbow Dash bellowed.

"I'm afraid it is." Replying to Rainbow Dash was Luca who watched the entire battle play out. "That slot machine didn't last that long. Nadya only got off two effects from it.

"I heard you challenged the Battle Frontier first and lost. So imagine my excitement when I won before you did. Feels great for me and horrible for you. Right?"

"Mmmmrrgh...!" The multi-coloured-maned mare growled. She was indeed upset about this. This is one of the outcomes she did not wish to happen at all but it literally happened the day after her defeat, rubbing salt on the wound.

"You did your best, Furfrou..." Nadya sighed, helping her Furfrou up. She was seen trying to keep her smile up as she was most definitely crushed by this. Much like Rainbow Dash, she was talking big and looking to the future, only for Lightning Dust to rip it away. "Thanks."

"That battle wasn't what I was expecting." Lightning Dust faced Nadya. "It was actually annoying. Like super annoying. Fitting since Rainbow Dash is equally annoying."

"Hey!"

"They should honestly make me a Frontier Brain instead of you. I don't need some gimmick like that to gain an advantage. Especially when I can just shatter it so easily. But I don't want that. What I want is the chance to be Equestria's First Champion." Lightning Dust walked away, leaving Nadya in rather low spirits.

"That'll be me by the way!" Rainbow Dash yelled while Lightning Dust left the facility.

"Well...Make sure you get your Frontier Symbol on the way out." Nadya sat up. "Hey, Rainbow Dash. You're a little bit late."

"Nadya. Are you alright?" Rainbow Dash flew over, worried about how Nadya felt. Losing to Lightning Dust and hearing what she had to say could get to anyone.

"Me? I'm perfectly fine." But from the say her tone wobbled, Nadya was trying to suck it up. "Hah..But I didn't get that streak I wanted. I lost. On the second day too."

"You still have that great first impression from before," Ash said, trying to raise her spirits. "Don't forget about that. You brought everyone back here to see what the Battle Frontier can really offer."

"Pikachu."

"You're right. I just didn't want to lose. I was feeling good about myself." Nadya pouted. "I'm not as strong as I wanted everypony here to make me seem. Lightning Dust completely blindsided me. Feels like she was stronger than me at that moment."

"Bah, don't listen to her. If anyone's going to be the first Equestrian Champion, it's me. I promise you, I'll beat her for you when that time comes."

"Really?!" Nadya's eyes lit up. Those were the words she loved to hear. Rainbow Dash would instil hope into her heart.

"Really. There's still our battle. And well, even though I plan to win it, I'm not gonna make it rough for you. Well, rough in the way she did."

"As a Frontier Brain, you have to take in these losses," Luca instructed. "It's the same way Gym Leaders and Elite 4 Trainers take their losses. It's never that pleasing to lose since it's our job to help trainers improve and get places, but we should always take it in stride, knowing we can improve too."

"Did you get that from your father?"

"Yeah." Luca chuckled. "But I take it to heart. He once signed up to be a Gym Leader himself so he was taught those lessons to. Chin up, alright? You're lacking some of that energy you always have. You had every bit of it yesterday."

"I still have it!" Nadya would pump herself up. "I'm not going to let this loss get to me! Not one bit! Rainbow Dash. Do you promise what you just said?"

"Sure thing! I know for a fact Lightning Dust and I will throw down one day and when that day comes, I'll win." Rainbow Dash proudly said. "Not too sure about the Champion part. The opponents I have are stacked."

"As for your slot machine, we can get it repaired." Luca brought another bright side to it. The Carnival can fix it up as quickly as possible.

"They can?" Nadya gawked.

"Indeed we can. Just give us a few minutes and that Slot Machine will be brand new. Besides, the crowd prefers this slot machine because of its attractive size." The employee who was the referee in this battle said.

"And after that, I can redeem myself and show everyone here what I can really do a second time! Or I guess a third time in this case. Let's have a good battle like before, Rainbow Dash."

"You got it!" That was a promise that Rainbow Dash could keep. She wasn't about to disappoint Nadya at all. Compared to Lightning Dust, Rainbow Dash preferred to battle with her opponents using everything in their arsenal. That way, victory will be so much sweeter.

The second battle between Rainbow Dash and Nadya was nigh. All it would take was a quick repair and their battle could resume. Nadya's spirits were still up, but there was still a part of it that was affected. A smidge of it was from Lightning Dust but the rest of it was from the mysterious group and how they have her parents. She may be safe here but not back home. And this incoming battle wasn't looking to change any of that as the journey continues.


Chapter 234 End.

PreviousChapters Next