• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,332 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,332

PreviousChapters Next
A Solar Guest

Zeraora's Mindscape.

Attempting to subdue Zeraora's rage by entering her mindscape, Princess Luna encountered an unexpected pony. Daybreaker. A part of her was expecting Ghetsis but instead, she got Daybreaker. A corrupted version of her older sister from another universe.

Here on the grasslands where the seas were shimmering, the clock was ticking on how long it would take for Zeraora to grow and grow to the point where she would be impossible to calm down. And with Daybreaker her, Luna might struggle to help Zeraora in time.

"It's you?! Why are you here!?" Stepping back while being fully cautious was Luna.

"I'm just a leftover spirit of Daybreaker. I'm not truly here as you can see. You were probably expecting Ghetsis, but instead, you got me." Daybreaker shrugged. "Strange how we meet a second time outside of the real world. You're probably also here because of Zeraora's rage."

"Are you the one who's actually behind Zeraora's rampage?" A cautious Luna flashed the tip of her horn with magic, being at the ready

"Not at all." Daybreaker shook her head. "You can pin it all on Ghetsis. He's the one who wants Zeraora back. The power of Plasma isn't something to ignore when you once had it. I'm here for a different reason. But a part of it involves me not allowing you to save Zeraora."

"What are you talking about?" Unfortunately for Luna, Daybreaker was rather cryptic. "Even in another universe, you're so bizarre with your words. Could it be that you want Zeraora's power for yourself?"

"Obviously. Why wouldn't I? That's an obvious answer. I too want to wield the power of plasma and we came so close with Ghetsis once having Reshiram and Empress Twilight having Zekrom. Zeraora can do what they can on her own and of course, Necrozma would greatly enjoy absorbing her energy. At least, until she's done being fuel."

"You would use her as a means to power your technology? No wonder you're with Ghetsis. You're both despicable." At that moment, both Luna and Daybreaker started pacing each other, slowly walking on the soft grass, anticipating each other's movements.

"I need all the power I can get, Luna." Daybreaker narrowed her eyes. "Because once I have unlimited power, the absolute peak of what any being can have, I'll finally be able to bring you back. Aside from destroying my enemies, your return is what I want the most."

"Sorry. But I know you still want me to come over to your universe and that won't happen." Luna already knew what Daybreaker was thinking and it was an immediate refusal.

"I didn't think so. Every other Luna I've met have had similar responses. It's a shame really. But at the end of the day, only my Luna can return to me since everyone else rejects me."

"Ridiculous! If she does manage to return, she'd object to what you've done!" Luna saw it as absolutely ludicrous in every possible way. No matter the universe, there was no way any Luna would be on board with Daybreaker. Perhaps not even Nightmare Moon.

"After what happened that day during that war, she would understand. If our roles were switched, I can guarantee that my Luna would've taken the same actions as me." Daybreaker flashed her eyes with a solar orange glow, vehemently sticking with her point of view. "That much is true. Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon aren't just our alter-egos. They're our true selves, Luna. They are us at our absolute full power and what we've been hiding."

"I've already made peace with my Nightmare Moon." Luna shook her head. "I've accepted that she is me but one thing is for sure, she wasn't destined to be cruel. Accepting each other is what helped me overcome that darkness within But it seems that you did more than just accept and embrace it. You turned it into the worst version of what it could become."

"I had to. Opposition to what I've established faltered as it delivered me victory after victory. Those who advocated moderation only knew defeat." Flames started rising from behind Daybreaker as the grasslands were being lit up. Luna gasped as the atmosphere as changing. The skies turned orange and the seas were beginning to boil.

"!" Luna was nearly scorched by the flames that erupted behind her, but obviously, Daybreaker made sure that they didn't touch her. Yet.

"With it, I made an Equestria that would never be threatened again. But to ensure that, I'll have to take out whoever would oppose me. And your universe is already a prime example of it. With more worlds that lie beyond with greater powers out there, how could I not advance and deal with them."

"By siding with Ghetsis! And the Empress!? Really?!" Luna just couldn't understand why she would turn to those two and a few others if that was her vision.

"What? As powerful as I am, I need the support to get where I can. I can't hope to defeat the opposition if I don't have the same level of power as them. After that...I won't need their help anymore. It's why I sabotaged the Magical Unite."

"Y-You...What?" Luna paused for a moment. She was shocked to hear that the failure of the Magical Unite was actually done by Daybreaker. While Ash and his friends certainly played a huge part, thanks to Daybreaker's secret influence which rubbed off on Skyblue Shine, the Magical Unite never went through properly.

"If I didn't, the Empress would have won and there was no chance I was going to let her get any more power. Especially when she was using Premium Polish as the conduit. I have plans for Ghetsis later on...After I'm one with all of you."

"It's strange...Everything she's saying and doing is outrageous but...There's something else there." Luna was a bit perplexed. It seemed to be a similar scenario to Nightmare Moon, but on a greater level with some differences. She wanted to see Daybreaker as despicable, just like Ghetsis. She even called her that minutes ago. But a part of Luna could sense something else from Daybreaker, Even if this was just a Mind Projection of Daybreaker residing here.

But then, Luna recalled her first encounter with Daybreaker within the Hyperdream. She quickly realized that interaction ended the way it did since Daybreaker couldn't bring herself to harm Luna. And judging by the flames that erupted behind her, Daybreaker still had the same notion, even after all that was said.

"There's more to you. After what Flurry Heart shared with us, I always knew. In fact, I assumed the worst from the beginning but at the same time..."

"Meh." Daybreaker shrugged. "But personally, I don't care. At this point, I care not if someone understands me. All I care about is achieving my goals. And I don't wish to harm you to do so, Luna. I would say leave but...I've stalled for enough time"

"Ah!" Indeed. Time has passed in the real world thanks to this conversation. Luna was distracted from her goal. But it wasn't too late to do something. Not holding back, Luna unleashed the full force of her magic from her horn as a bright flash was beginning to envelop the place.

But in response, Daybreaker did the same. It was a clash of magic. All of Luna's magic which was Nightmare Moon's Magic and Lunar Ire's Magic combined plus Daybreaker's regular magic. However, lo and behold, her regular magic was on par with what Luna was unleashing.

"I-Impossible!" Luna gasped.

"My own magic has grown over the years too, Luna!" Daybreaker exclaimed while putting on a smirk. "I had to improve to further crush those who would oppose my goals! It's a big universe out there after all. Besides...you can't even hurt me. I'm just a spirit in here."

"Ghh!" Luna lost the clash as she was blown back by Daybreaker's magic, tumbling and rolling across the ground.

"Ghetsis may have poured his essence into Zeraora, but I made sure to sneak a part of my own magic. Just in case..." Daybreaker walked up to Luna who was currently on the ground. "If I'm lucky, Zeraora would have caused enough destruction to weaken your world."

At that moment, electrical shockwaves would happen in the sky, going off and unleashing the sound of thunder. Luna gasped as these shockwaves would rapidly appear, signifying Zeraora's rage. "It seems that her rage is building up, Luna. Soon, this Mindscape will become nothing but an electric hazard. After all, she's building up so much power that she needs to constantly let it out. Otherwise, she'll explode."

"W-Why isn't Zeraora here at all? Or any semblance of her...?" Luna groaned while getting back up, noticing a lack of Zeraora even with these electrical shockwaves going off. "This is her Mindscape after all. I came here to calm her down."

"Zeraora hasn't truly lost it yet. If she did, you'd find nothing but darkness here. I made sure to keep Zeraora away from your location the second you entered her mindscape. I can't let you interfere, Luna."


Equestria. The Frozen North. The Pokemon Festival. Late Afternoon.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, Zeraora was still being held in place by Twilight, Celestia, Espeon and Gardevoir who were doing their best to make sure Luna had all the time she needed.

"E-Espeon!" Unfortunately, Espeon was struggling to keep it up for long. She was the first to be seen wavering and weakening and on top of that, just as Daybreaker said, Zeraora had to constantly let out her destructive energy. And with enough time passing, it reached a point where it was mighty enough to start retaliating against the telekinetic grip.

"Eve! Hang in there!"

"Zera...Ora!" But it was too late. The second Espeon's grip was dropped, Zeraora found an opening. All of that built-up power would erupt, blowing away the grip that the alicorns and Pokemon had on her. A plasma shockwave left her body, pushing everyone back.

They were struck by plasma which would melt the snow away. Audino quickly put up a protective shield around herself, Fluttershy and Darkrai, barely managing to defend against the raging plasma. The older Flurry Heart also shielded the injured Rainbow Dash from the plasma by forming a shield.

"Is Luna alright?!" Celestia grunted while sliding on the snowy ground. She was instantly worried for Luna's safety. She hasn't returned yet and Zeraora was growing stronger.

"What do we do now, Princess Celestia?!" Twilight gasped.

"I have to put my trust in Luna. But at this rate, there's only one thing left to do." The Sun Princess narrowed her eyes, restoring to the second option while still banking on Luna's power. "Passion!"

"Gardevoir!" Knockout was the way to go since Zeraora's rampage was still going strong. If she could knock Zeraora out, that would certainly help with culling the rampage. Celestia didn't wish to resort to this since Zeraora was only acting out based on what she had experienced, but her options were rather slim.

"You've grown stronger, so I need to match your strength as well..." From her regalia, the crystal that sat in it was suddenly replaced. In a bright flash, the Gardevoirite appeared. Celestia was going for Mega Evolution. Or rather, she was going for Celestial-Gardevoir. Seeing that Zeraora was continuously growing stronger, especially with Ghetsis influencing her, Celestia had no choice but to use the extent of what she and Passion were capable of.

The Harmony Phenomeon was tapped into once more, unleashing a flare of Mega Energy and Magic from the Mega Stone. Celestia and Gardevoir both had their eyes flash white before an incandescent light enveloped them both. Their bodies were merging as one.

Out of the bright light that even stunned Zeraora for a moment, Celestial-Gardevoir arrived. The Fusion of Mega Gardevoir and Princess Celestia. When she appeared, the snow around her would gracefully float in the air before dropping. Zeraora snarled after seeing a new threat appear.

"I don't mean to bring a plethora of harm to you, Zeraora, but you have to be stopped," Celestial-Gardevoir said, having the echo of Celestia and Passion reverberate through the Frozen North.

"Zeraora!" Roaring at the Fusion of a Pony and a Pokemon, the Thunderclap Pokemon lunged at her, using Plasma Fists immediately. But all she was met with was a magical barrier that Celestial-Gardevoir created. A barrier made up of the energy of Infinity Energy and Magic, creating a truly powerful combination.

Once the Plasma Fists connected, it sent a great spark around the barrier while blowing away the snow below. However, Zeraora was unable to push through the shield at all. Celestial-Gardevoir flashed her eyes, expanding her barrier as it would then combust.

"O-Ora!" Zeraora cried out after being blown away, rolling and sliding on the snowy ground. She soon recovered, wasting no time heading back in to attack the Fused Being. Zeraora rushed in with a flash of lightning around her, swinging her paws.

Celestial-Gardevoir would gracefully lower her head to avoid this upward attack before floating back. Zeraora chased after her, running on all fours with a truly feral nature. After floating back, Celestial-Gardevoir used a spell that would manipulate the snow itself. Right as Zeraora approached, the snow would harden becoming as solid as ice. Zeraora crashed into the hard snow as her movements were slowed down.

After Zeraora crashed into the snow, by holding one arm out, Celestial-Gardevoir unleashed a Mystical Fire which would blaze through the chilling area, melting the snow instantly. Zeraora was soon engulfed by these flames moving back.

"Darkrai! Are you still available?!" Celestial-Gardevoir asked. Darkrai was being healed by Audino the entire time, who was still greatly affected by the outburst of plasma he received. But thankfully, Audino's Healing was effective enough to weaken the damage he took.

"N-Not yet." Darkrai groaned as the soothing green aura of the Heal Pulse was covering his body

"When you are, I need you to throw a Dark Void at her. It may not keep her asleep for long but it'll greatly help when I need to knock her out. And whatever Luna is experiencing in there, I hope that she's doing well."

"Zeraora!" The bellow of Zeraora erupted as the flames would disperse. Furious and still crying out in pain, Zeraora unleashed a powerful blast of plasma from her paws.

But she wasn't the only one who could unleash Plasma. By combining Mystical Fire and Thunderbolt, Celestial-Gardevoir was able to generate the same energy. The signature move of Celestia's Gardevoir. Plasma Bolt. Two Plasma beams came flying out, making contact which resulted in a truly volatile impact.

Everyone else flinched at the force of this clash which made so much of the snow fly into the air. A fierce paroxysm of energy was levitating the snow, forming a spherical blizzard around the two attacks. Celestial-Gardevoir's magical aura was brimming fiercely when trying to win this clash and so was Zeraora's Plasma Aura, which was only growing stronger.

"I'll help! Altaria! Use Moonblast!"

"Altaria!" Altaria had to chime in. Celestial-Gardevoir needed support if she wanted to knock out Zeraora. By gathering the power of the Moon itself, Altaria generated a pink ball that was soon shot out.

"Shadow Ball, Eve!"

"Espeon!" Still having the strength to continue, Espeon joined in by shooting a Shadow Ball. These two spheres flew in, crashing into the Thunderclap Pokemon.

"Z-Ze!" Thanks to this interruption, this allowed Celestial-Gardevoir's attack to go through. The Plasma Bolt overpowered Zeraora's own Plasma, engulfing the Thunderclap Pokemon.


Zeraora's Mindscape.

Because of this battle, it was affecting Zeraora's Mindscape. Daybreaker looked around her to see the Electrical Shockwaves suddenly getting weaker. They were still going off but they were lacking a greater impact than they usually did. It was no longer becoming a hazardous place. It appeared that it would stay as how it previously was. Peaceful and serene. Not only were the shockwaves becoming weaker, but fewer of them were appearing. Their numbers were decreasing.

"What's going on?" Daybreaker looked around her, rather curious and confused. "The shockwaves...this means the rage is weakening. How that can be? You're not doing anything, Luna."

"My sister and my friends are doing their best to keep Zeraora steady. I never said that I was the only one at work." Luna smiled while getting back up. "Our second option for victory is a complete knockout. And I do believe that you have no response for that since you're a spirit."

"Hmph." Daybreaker closed her eyes. "No matter. Even if you stop Zeraora's rage, you still have to worry about it returning. On top of that, you have to worry about Ghetsis' Essence, which you have yet to see for yourself in this Mindscape. Only me. Eventually, I will have Zeraora for myself."

"You can try. Until you figure out how to travel to other universes." Luna then unleashed her magic once more. If her sister and friends were doing their best back out there, she could slack off, otherwise, she did all of this for nothing. Daybreaker squinted at this magic flash. She planned to retaliate like she did before, only for Luna to switch it up. This spell was released to the ground instead and not immediately outward.

"Oh?" At that moment, Daybreaker put on a devious smile when Luna brought up travelling to other universes. "You have no idea..."

The magic from Luna plus the battle outside worked in unison. Daybreaker had no response to what was going on outside. She didn't have full control in here as a leftover spirit. It was technically Ghetsis but he was nowhere to be seen either. Luna would encase Zeraora's entire mind with her magic, planning to overlay the destructive essence. Even though she couldn't see it, Luna knew how to deal with it since she's had two destructive sides to her.

Back outside, as Zeraora was knocked back by these combination attacks, she was starting to weaken. At least, in terms of health. She was not short of any energy that was constantly leaving her body. Enraged, Zeraora would release a flare of plasma from her body that appeared as a sphere.

In response, Celestial-Gardevoir would approach it, summoning her own sphere. By using Dazzling Gleam and a chunk of Celestial's natural magic, a beautiful Magical Sphere was formed, clashing with Zeraora's before it could grow to a large degree. Zeraora was planning to spread it far and wide, only for Celestial-Gardevoir to shut it down immediately.

And with this counterattack, followed up by Audino using Hyper Beam from afar, the sphere that Zeraora made was promptly shut down. This allowed Darkrai to finally move in. While he wasn't fully healed, he could still take action. The Pitch Black Pokemon moved through the shadows as fast as he could, appearing behind Zeraora who was sent flying. Catching up to her, The Dark-Type used Dark Void at last.

That was Celestial-Gardevoir's cue. After hitting Zeraora with the sphere, she would follow up with Mystical Fire. From behind and from above, Zeraora was hit with two moves. It started with Dark Void hitting her back, enveloping her in a nightmare-inducing power. Zeraora gasped before being struck by a burst of fire from above. This combination is what did the trick. The Dark Void didn't put her to sleep thanks to the plasma keeping her awake, but it did temporarily freeze her actions, allowing Celestial-Gardevoir to get that one good hit in.

"Zeraora..." Zeraora had fainted. Defeated by the coordination of everyone here who got a taste of plasma. With Zeraora's defeat, the Mindscape was returning to how it was. No longer were the shockwaves present. Now, they had died out, bringing back the serenity of this area.

"S-Success..." Luna smiled. She wishes she could have done it on her own, but there was no way Luna was going to enter Zeraora's mind without the help of the others. Now, she could depart from the Mindscape. But before that, Daybreaker unleashed some words of warning.

"This isn't over, Luna." Daybreaker slowly shook her head. "My goals will be realized, no matter what you say. Zeraora's not all that important in it, but you'd best believe that the power of Plasma isn't something I'm going to pass up on."


Zeraora laid there on the snowy ground, unconscious and defeated. As for the others, they could feel the plasma twitching around their bodies. Darkrai got it the worst while everyone got off easy. Either way, they had Audino here to heal them. Celestial-Gardevoir sighed before ending the Fusion. Both parties split up, returning to their original forms. Returning to the real world was Luna as her body rematerialized.

"Is everyone alright?" Celestia asked.

"I think so." Twilight looked at her hoof which was pulsating plasma. "Ooh...How long will this stick around for?"

"That sucked...We tried calming her down but...It had to come to this." Rainbow Dash sighed, wishing there was a better way to do this. She previously managed to calm Zeraora down with words of comfort. But now, it was resorted to violence.

"It's alright, Rainbow Dash." Patting her on the back was Rainbow Dash. "It's a shame, but it had to be done."

"Sister. You need to listen to this." Here to share information with Celestia was Luna. It was about Daybreaker. While not much info about Ghetsis' essence was available, there was still something to be shared.

Rainbow Dash looked down at Zeraora with sadness in her eyes. Never before has she felt this way with any other Pokemon. Aside from Braviary and the whole issue that was the Rainbow-Braviary incident, Zeraora was a Pokemon she was starting to bond with. Nightfall was now approaching as another day at the Pokemon Festival was about to come to a close.

As the journey continues.


Chapter 314 End.

PreviousChapters Next