• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,332 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,332

PreviousChapters Next
Operation: Box Snatch

Equestria. Faye Mountains. Changeling Hive. Nightfall.

A plan had been put together. It was simple. Retrieving the Box of 100 Demons. And the one who rightfully deserves it was Chrysalis. After all, she did create it and the demons inside. Albeit by accident when she was small. Getting that box would do great wonders for everyone. It was all a matter of pulling the plan off. And this plan had many layers to it. And chiming in on Chrysalis' plan was none other than Ash and his friends. Which meant all of the Changelings would chime.

"Okay! Looking good, you guys!" Ash stood before a group of Changelings, nodding in agreement as his own plan was being worked on. The Changelings were all standing on top of each other, forming a Changeling Tower which was rather difficult to make.

"Will this work, Ash?" Thorax asked after witnessing this tower. "It's a tall order, don't you think? Having us all use our magic like this."

"It's gotta work. Fluttershy's already got something planned so to make sure it goes well, we gotta really blindside the Dread League. Whatever curses or demons they use, we're gonna expose 'em to the light."

"Pikachu!"

"Ugh. Couldn't we have picked better outfits than these ones?" Rarity was with them, currently wearing a deep black suit along with Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Goh. "They're so basic and tight..."

"We'll need this protection though. With the amount of light we're making, these suits are gonna work out just fine. After all, it's the same suit Skyblue Shine used." These weren't just ordinary black suits. These suits belonged to Skyblue Shine and her group, the Umbrage Thieves. The only difference was that these were lacking the green accents and patterns, appearing completely black.

"Indeed. It was wise of you to recommend her home." Princess Luna was also present here, walking up to Ash as she was involved with this plan. "Skyblue Shine left a plethora of things back at her mansion home in Vanhoover. That goes for the suits. With them, you're protected from the light."

Luna was the one to retrieve these thanks to Skyblue Shine's mansion home. She knew that mansion well because of how she crept into it to investigate. "A lot of hands and hooves were involved in this just for one box. But that one box was crucial. "They seem to be made of a material that's only exclusive to the Empress' universe. I'll admit, she does create impressive objects."

"With these Jet Black Light Suits, the light won't harm us. It'll be so bright that even if we're not vampires, it's bad to stick around. You all know what you gotta do, right?"

"W-We know...!" A struggling Changeling groaned. Keeping this tower was relatively difficult with how many of them were stacked against each other. They all had to keep their balance up. "We'll turn into something bright...And shine as well as we can."

"We've got a lot of Pokemon that know how to shine in awesome ways. But I can't think of anyone in Equestria that shines like that...Is there a pony out there maybe? Or even a Dragon...That'd be cool!"

"I'm afraid no such pony or dragon exists. At least from what we know. This amount of light will do more than just scare them off. It will immobilize them," said Luna. "Mellifera already shared it with my sister weeks ago. The vampires seem to rely on something that grants them immortality. It's the reason why they aren't afraid to blow themselves up, only to return to Magehold later. Whatever they have keeps them going for as long as they want as said by Mellifera. So...I believe it's fair to go all out on them, wouldn't you agree?"

"Feels a bit harsh, doesn't it?" Ash scratched the back of his hair, feeling rather sorry for the vampires due to how much light they could be exposed to. "But yeah, I guess we gotta go all out on them. It's gonna get the attention of the Lich Queen when we get that box back, but it'll be worth it, that's for sure."

"Pikachu!"

"This is ridiculous. You're just going to immobilize them." Suddenly, a Changeling in the ground spoke out, moving from his spot. By moving away from the tower, he immediately broke the balance, causing all of the Changelings to fall and collapse on each other.

"Is everyone alright?!" Ash kneeled over to the Changelings who fell over. They would be fine but they were certainly bewildered by this.

"Pharynx. It's just for this one instance. "Thorax approached the Changeling who he was familiar with. "Besides, we can't really take them in and interrogate them like you want us to."

"Yeah, I know. They'll just blow up and leave." He already knew it was impossible to interrogate a vampire because of how they could just leave to Magehold at any time via combustion. "But this game of Cat and Mouse is so annoying. We're just going back and forth with them at this point, aren't we?"

"I know but not much we can do about it right now." Thorax shrugged. "Sorry. Princess Celestia's searching hard and long for a way to reach them and free Yveltal. We just gotta wait, brother."

"Hmm..." Pharynx grumbled as he was revealed to be Thorax's brother. "We'll probably reach the second year and we'll still be going against those vampires."

"We'll get there, don't worry." Ash approached Pharynx. "The Dread League doesn't make things easy for us after all."

"Hmph. You of all people would know a lot about Cat and Mouse. If all of you weren't like this, we would've done something about them long ago." Pharynx shook off some dust from his hoof. "We have connections to them after all. I blame you for this, Ash!"

"M-Me?!" Ash pulled back after Pharynx pointed at him. But Pharynx didn't say anything else after this. All he did was walk off, refusing to be part of this hair-brained scheme that Ash thought of. Ash scratched his hair, slightly taken aback by this. "Uhh...What did I do?"

"Pikachu?"

"You'll have to forgive my brother. He's still bitter and upset about how things are right now. You know...since we left the old ways." Thorax apologized for his brother's tone. "He's not exactly happy with you the most, Ash because he blames you for what happened to our hive. You know...the whole thing with Queen Chrysalis back at the Pokemon Festival?"

"Huh, is that it...?" Ash pondered for a moment.

"We don't have time to dwell on something like that." But Luna cut him off because he could say something else about this. "My sister has forces across Equestria looking out for the Dread League and their next attacks. Some of them have already been spotted, planting their devious seeds into the land, so let's hurry and force them to use that box."

"Gotcha. Let's get that tower ready, you guys." Ash looked back at Changelings who all got up, knowing they had to hurry, otherwise, they could miss the vampires. They all had the objective of transforming into something that gave off a lot of light. And thankfully, there were some Pokemon to choose from. "Mew. Go on ahead."

"Mew!" Mew was the one who would support them with this, using his pool of knowledge to transform himself into Pokemon that emit tons of light. Lanturn and many Electric-Types came to mind mainly with all the forms of light they could make. The Changelings would try their best to mimic these Pokemon and their light auras to the best of their abilities. After all, they couldn't copy unicorn magic when turning into unicorns.

But most of these Pokemon wouldn't need such a drawback as it was a natural part of their body. Lanturn especially. All the Changelings came to an agreement to use Lanturn, of all Pokemon.


Out in the Vast Hills.

Currently, the Dread League were searching for Xerneas, planning to snuff it out since it was the opposite of Yveltal. And being that it was the opposite of Yveltal, it could negate and reverse any damage done by the Black Crusade. The Dread League couldn't have that happen.

However, some vampires from the Dread League were still tasked with wreaking havoc across the world. The best way to do that was by planting seeds from Magehold. Seeds that would form devious gardens which also had the potential to summon Despair Plants. Thanks to Rosa Maledicta's order, they were free to do whatever they wanted to the world as long as it would help benefit the Black Crusade. And everything they did certainly would.

Currently with them was none other than Spectrum Shade. A vampire who was more accustomed to Pokemon than anything else. While her fellow vampires were planting seeds, she was busy looking at the nearby Pokemon. Usually, she'd be with Opal Vivacity, but not this time.

Everyone here was expecting Galaxy Master to show up as he would respond to attacks from the night or even try to stop the incoming attacks before they can happen. And waiting for him would be Rosa Maledicta, who would definitely try and clash with him once more.

However, Rosa Maledicta wanted to get things moving, refusing to struggle with the fictional character forever as that expended plenty of her magical energy. The seeds already started working their magic, generating dark grass. But unbeknownst to them, Chrysalis and the others were ready to take action.

Thanks to Darkrai creeping up from the shadows, he was spying on the Dread League in secrecy, using what knowledge he got off Canterlot's Guards to find them. Speaking of those guards, they were also hiding, looking out for the vampires wherever they can. There were already many of them scattered across the world right now, but alas, they could only focus on one group for this mission.

And once he saw them, Darkrai would descend back into the shadows, reappearing elsewhere. He would reappear to where Chrysalis and everyone else were, waiting for the right time to enact this plan. Once he emerged, Darkrai nodded, confirming that he found some vampires just nearby across these hills.

"That's our cue." Twilight spoke as she and her friends were nearby "Are you sure this'll work, Chrysalis?"

"My mother told me that all the vampires are connected to the Lich Queen by some kind of hivemind. It's how she can communicate with them. What you need to do is grab their attention and focus them on Fluttershy. In whatever way you can."

"I'll be elsewhere nearby." Fluttershy trotted off, ready to take her position as the bait. Audino, Bayleef and Raboot would follow her for protection but they wouldn't reveal themselves to the vampires. It was only going to be Fluttershy who would be out in the open.

And she was fully confident about this. Not being shy at all. Fluttershy would head out there, acting as casual as she can be. Her appearance was granted to grab the attention of the vampires but the threat of the Lich Queen needed to be pushed away. That was Twilight's job. With the Lich Queen always overseeing her subjects, it was hard for the vampires to ignore them unless something special was used. Twilight would try and disrupt that this time.

As for Ash's group, they wouldn't just strike out in the open. Their Light Plan was also about patience. When the time was right, all of the Changelings would unleash a barrage of light that would immobilize the vampires. But the real objective was getting that box. All the vampires needed was a little push to make them use the Box of 100 Demons.

"You know...I'm thinking about signing up for that contest Fantina's preparing." A vampire spoke about the Pokemon Contest that Fantina was setting up back at Magehold. It would be Magehold's first exposure to the wonderful Pokemon Contests and the vampires were certainly interested after the Fashion Show Fantina put up a while back.

"Ah, there might be too much light there. I'd just have a lot of lag respawning back at the Necrochambers repeatedly and-" Before another vampire could reply, she would immediately hear hoofsteps with her powerful senses. An advantage to the vampires was that they had heightened senses. It wasn't exactly vast but it was slightly better than the average pony.

And speaking of heightened senses, Audino overheard their conversation from afar as Fantina's name was brought up along with Pokemon Contests. And if Audino was close, so was Fluttershy. Those hoofsteps belonged to the pegasus was she showed herself at last.

"Fluttershy?!" The vampires all gasped. All except for Spectrum Shade who wasn't all that interested in bringing Fluttershy back. Once Fluttershy showed herself. With this shout, Audino would relay this message to Darkrai, who was popping out of the shadows with only his head.

"Audino..." Audino spoke to him, causing Darkrai to descend and relay this message to the others. Audino was the one who would overhear everyone and be aware of what is said while Darkrai would be the one to send messages to the others based on what Audino hears.

"G-Good evening! Just out for a nightly stroll~" Fluttershy acted as casually as she could, putting on her best act. At least, she was hoping it was a good enough act. She was just the bait. "Wait, aren't you...?"

"Lucky find!" A vampire blurted out. "Don't we need her?"

"EH. She's not even a full-on vampire." Another vampire scoffed, not really seeing Fluttershy as a vampire. "What a technicality..."

"You'd best do it though." Spectrum Shade added. "Opal's been clamouring to bring her in and how lucky are we to find her here?"

"Indeed. Perhaps too lucky..." And speaking through the area as always was the Lich Queen Rosa Maledicta, having an intimidating voice as per usual. And judging by her response, Rosa Maledicta saw this as too good of an opportunity. "Hello, Fluttershy."

"H-Hello." Fluttershy gulped, shuddering in the presence of Rosa Maledicta's voice. Audino heard this as the Lich Queen's voice was exempt from her ears either. She certainly had to relay this to Darkrai.

"You're on your own. With no Pokemon beside you at all. Why is that?" Rosa Maledicta was already very suspicious, as opposed to the vampires who weren't thinking about it at all. "You wouldn't come here out in the open in the dead of night like this."

"I wouldn't?" Fluttershy repeated. "Oh dear. She's already onto us. Is my act not good enough?"

"Okay. She's here." Twilight was given information about Rosa Maledicta by Darkrai. The Lich Queen had shown up.

"Her connection to the vampires is strong but she can only speak to one group in one location and cannot multitask. Now that we have her attention in this area, let's disrupt it while we have the chance." Chrysalis said. "Go for it."

"You got it. Here goes..." Twilight took a deep breath, ready to push the boundaries of her mental capabilities. It wasn't just her standard magic that she would rely on, which was already powerful in its own right, but every other reserve. A flare of purple magic came out of her horn which was then mixed in with Rift Magic and Sorrowful Rage Magic. Twilight would decide to rely on Horizon Storm's magic as well.

With this trio of magic, her eyes flared open as she focused directly on the vampires and their minds. Similarly to how she detected the Trickster Dragon, she looked for the biggest source of magic and found a plethora of them in the form of the vampires' thanks to their curses. And of course, the garden was giving off a lot of magic even if it was still growing.

"Espeon..." And assisting her was Espeon. Lessons from Olympia would come into play as she would synchronize with her Trainer, tapping into her Psychic Capabilities.

"Either way, we'll take you in. I was never that interested in recruiting you but numbers would do wonders for us. And for someone who takes care of Pokemon in such a way...perhaps you can be used for Yveltal." Rosa Maledicta continued.

"Me?!" Fluttershy gasped as she was slowly backing away from the vampires who were slowly walking up to the pegasus. Raboot and Bayleef growled, desperately wanting to jump in there and strike at the vampires for approaching Fluttershy like that. But Audino held them back, insisting that they wait and not get ahead of themselves.

"That's right. Calming that overgrown raven was already difficult enough. If I am to completely turn it to my side, someone like you will be needed. Get her." Rosa Maledicta would give the call. The vampires spread their wings out immediately, lunging themselves at Fluttershy. And with their speed, it would be a swift movement that brought them close to Fluttershy in seconds, making her flinch.

But right on time, Twilight's magic came through. She sent a powerful Psychic wave through the heads of the vampires. And more importantly, Rosa Maledicta.

"Ghhh! Gaaah!" The Vampires cringed, grimaced, twitched and cried out once they felt something interact with their hivemind. They would stop right in front of Fluttershy, falling flat on their faces or even sliding away from her, losing focus.

"W-What...?!" Rosa Maledicta certainly felt it. A powerful mind attack came out of nowhere, striking her mind. Twilight used all three forms of magic to make this possible, knowing how dangerous the Lich Queen was. "This magic...! Is it Alicorn Magic?! Rift Magic?! No...It's both of them and something else."

"Oh this sucks...!" Spectrum held her head from the magic that was present there. Not only that, but Rosa Maledicta's voice was starting to fizzle out.

"You-...I-...Pony...!" Her voice was disrupted. By interfering with this mysterious hivemind, the Lich Queen's connections to her vampires in this area were starting to fail. The vampires felt this effect before getting back up. They only felt a slight pain in their head for a few moments. It was really Rosa Maledicta feeling something.

"What did you do to our Queen?!" A vampire hissed at Fluttershy, struggling to hear the voice of the Lich Queen. It felt like a radio was struggling to get a signal at all.

"I-I didn't do anything." Fluttershy shrugged before putting on an innocent smile. "Way to go, Twilight!"

"This could only be done by...Twilight Sparkle!" Rosa Maledicta already figured it out. She thought about the only pony who possessed these three forms of magic within her. "I know it's you, Twilight Sparkle!" She elevated her voice to a point where it caused a powerful echo, reaching past the hills.

"S-She knows, Twilight!" Starlight gulped after Rosa Maledicta's voice flew in this direction. It felt like thunder was crashing violently. If anything, Rosa Maledicta was more intimidating than any thunderstorm out there.

"I know...I just have to keep it up!" Twilight was going to prolong this as long as she could. Rosa Maledicta's attention had already been grabbed at this point so leaving this state would only bring all the focus to this area and nowhere else. "Somewhere out there, Galaxy Master is interacting with the Dread League as well. So I'm hoping she turns her attention to him later on."

"You think you can beat me in a mental battle? You won't have the chance and succeed like your friend Ash!" Rosa Maledicta would gladly take on Twilight's challenge. She had enough magical power to push back against Twilight's magic which had three different powers behind it.

The Lich Queen would grab ahold of Twilight's magic, ready to enter a Mental Battle with her. And with this interaction, there was no doubt they would enter someone's mind. Considering that this was the Lich Queen, Twilight's mind could be the one to be invaded.

"I have her attention right now! Everything else is all your business!" Twilight would choose to handle Rosa Maledicta while everyone else had to finish the rest of the plan. The one who had to retrieve the box and keep it for herself was Chrysalis. And that meant getting out there and confronting vampires. And very soon, Ash's group would spring into action.

"And that's our cue!" Ash said to the Changelings. "Get ready you guys! Shine as bright as you can when you get there!"

"Twilight will struggle indefinitely against the Lich Queen. Allow me to assist her." Meanwhile, Luna would choose to help Twilight, refusing to let her do this alone, even if she wanted to handle Rosa Maledicta by herself.

All the Changelings quickly followed Ash, ready to put up their tower. It would require plenty of stacking but they were willing to make it work in whatever way they can. All except for Pharynx, who simply walked away. And this would be noticed by Thorax, witnessing his brother back away from everyone else.

Back with Fluttershy, she was still in danger thanks to the vampires being active. However, with Rosa Maledicta occupied, some of her friends could show themselves. Jumping out of the bushes was none other than Raboot. "Raboot!" Raboot used Flame Charge, crashing into the ground near the vampires to scare them. They were also sensitive to fire after all. Bayleef would jump out as well, getting in front of Fluttershy with Audino running over. All of her Pokemon were now here.

"Is this a set-up?!" A vampire gasped after Raboot and the others made their entrance.

"I can't hear her majesty as clearly anymore..." Another vampire was struggling to hear Rosa Maledicta. Her voice was there but it was inconsistent and static. "That can't be though! No one can do that can they?!"

"It's fine!" Spectrum Shade exclaimed, getting in front of her fellow vampires. When seeing Fluttershy with all of her Pokemon by her side, a large part of her wanted something like this to happen. "I've been looking forward to something like this! Finally, I get to try these out!" She would then hold out two Poke Balls. It was very clear that Spectrum Shade wished for a Pokemon Battle.

But she might not get it with how the Despair Plant Garden was starting to emerge, growing rapidly as always. With this garden, Fluttershy and her friends would have to focus on more than just the vampires. But they expected this either way and their plan certainly wouldn't be wasted here because of this.

It was yet another confrontation with the Dread League. But this time, only the Box of 100 Demons was the target and nothing more. Afterwards, they planned to high-tail it out of here with the box in their possession. If they could succeed. With Twilight Sparkle entering a Mental Battle with Rosa Maledicta, the Despair Plant Garden growing and everyone else approaching to spring into action, there could potentially be only one outcome as the journey continues.


Chapter 104 End.

PreviousChapters Next