• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,332 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,332

PreviousChapters Next
Regret to Loyalty

Unova. Akala Island. The Pokemon Festival. Late Afternoon.

Within the seas of Akala Island, Rainbow Dash's group found themselves swimming while their bodies were in pain. Recently, they were electrocuted by Xurkitree, who was summoned here by Daybreaker's Forces. After a rough encounter, they managed to distance themselves from their opponents, but not for long.

"Guuuhhh!" Rarity threw her head up, gasping for air. Everyone else would raise their heads, managing to receive some air in the process.

"Ugh... made it," Rainbow Dash groaned, trying to shake off the lingering effects of the Thunderbolt. "Is everypony okay?"

"Mew..." Mew was still paralyzed, which wasn't exactly good for him while around water. Pinkie Pie would hastily grab Mew lifting him from the water, saving him from any more damage. Audino would support Fluttershy on her back while Pheromosa using her tall stature, supported everyone else.

"It's alright, Mew. You did your best." Pinkie comforted the Genetic Pokemon, praising him for saving them all. But they weren't out of the clear just yet.

"Dino." Thankfully, Mew had Audino to heal her. The Hearing Pokemon would hold her hands out, using Heal Pulse on Mew's body. It wouldn't remove the paralysis but that could be dealt with as well thanks to Refresh.

They had to find someplace to land on and the nearest area was Route 5. Audino would use Refresh on Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash as well since their wings took damage from all that lightning. As they reached the shore, the group stumbled onto the sandy beach, each step accompanied by a sense of fatigue and pain.

Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and the others gathered on the beach, taking a moment to regroup and assess their situation. The distant sounds of the waves crashing against the shore provided a calming backdrop, contrasting with the turmoil they had just faced.

On land, they dried off thanks to the Golden Sun of Alola. Rainbow Dash took out her Xtransceiver to inform her friends, only to see that it was fried. "No way! My Xtransceiver! It's fried!"

"Mine too!" She wasn't alone. Pinkie Pie's Xtransceiver was unresponsive. The culmination of the water and the fierce electricity from Xurkitree led to this. All four of them had their Xtransceivers damaged.

Rainbow Dash frowned as she inspected the non-functional Xtransceiver. The device, a valuable tool for communication and coordination, was now rendered useless by the combination of water and Xurkitree's electrical attack. She glanced at her friends, each sharing a similar realization. "Looks like we're cut off for now. No way to contact Lucas, Twilight, or anyone else," Rainbow Dash said, a hint of frustration in her voice. She tried turning her Xtransceiver on to the best of her abilities, rapidly pressing the buttons.

"Zera..." Meanwhile, Zeraora watched as Rainbow Dash angrily touched the buttons, feeling some guilt in all of this.

"Darn it!" Rainbow Dash felt like slamming it, but that wouldn't help things at all. She tried shaking it to get the water out, but that wouldn't do any good. At that moment, her hooves received a shock thanks to the electricity, causing her to drop it and granting her some swift pain. "Ow!"

"We can't reach everypony else with this." Rarity groaned, placing her Xtransceiver back in her bag, just in case. "Applejack's gone to find Tapu Fini. I have no clue where the others went to but they should still be in groups. Surely, they heard the thunder and the destruction."

"I hope so. Maybe someone here at Route 5 can help." Fluttershy suggested. "We-" But before another word could come from her mouth, both she and Audino's hearing went off. Fluttershy and Audino, with their acute hearing, picked up the distinct sound of what sounded like an approaching aircraft.

As the noise grew louder, it became evident that something was flying towards them. The others, catching wind of Fluttershy's and Audino's reactions, strained their ears to listen. Rainbow Dash already knew that it was Spitfire's group. They were once again using their ships' camouflage magic to blend in, becoming as clear as the skies themselves.

Rainbow Dash already knew that it was Spitfire's group. They were once again using their ships' camouflage magic to blend in, becoming as clear as the skies themselves. They had little time to rest, unfortunately. Their enemies were searching for them, refusing to slow down for a moment.

In one of the cockpits of the ships, Captain Spitfire monitored the situation closely. She was determined to locate Zeraora and capture her for Queen Daybreaker and way to mask the Ultra Wormhole plan.

"Keep your eyes open, everypony. We're not leaving until we find Zeraora," Spitfire commanded her crew. The ships continued their search, weaving through the skies in pursuit of their elusive target. Spitfire's gaze was fixed on Akala Island below, narrowing her focus on potential hiding spots or locations Zeraora might be drawn to.

Without hesitation, they all started moving again, trying to put as much distance between them and Daybreaker's forces as possible. The damaged Xtransceivers were a setback, but they needed to find a safe place to regroup and come up with a plan. A beach certainly wasn't going to help.

As the ships closed in on Rainbow Dash's group, Spitfire couldn't help but smirk. The open beach offered little cover for the fleeing Pokémon and their companions. She relayed orders to her crew to descend quietly and surround the area. Rainbow Dash's group, still recovering from their recent ordeal, quickly noticed the approaching ships. Panic set in as they realized they were trapped on the exposed beach at the moment.

Rainbow Dash couldn't even see the ships at the moment, but she knew one Pokemon that could. Luxray. Even then, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie could see them. Thanks to their Fairy Magic, their eyes were glowing, allowing them to spot these special aircrafts.

Spitfire had a plan to try and force them out. And it involved damaging the surrounding area. The magic within the ships would recharge.

As the ships prepared to unleash their destructive force, Spitfire's grin widened. She knew that causing damage to the beach would force Rainbow Dash's group out of hiding. In her mind, they couldn't have gone that far and she was right. The crew members aboard the ships adjusted their magical devices, aiming for strategic locations that would disrupt any attempts at concealment.

Rainbow Dash, realizing the imminent danger, quickly discussed their options with her friends and Pokémon. They needed to find cover and regroup, but with the ships closing in, their choices were limited.

In a moment of desperation, Zeraora took charge. Despite the pain she endured from the previous encounter with Daybreaker's forces, the Thunderclap Pokémon leapt forward, signalling the group to follow her. She dashed towards a rocky outcrop at the edge of the beach, a potential hiding spot from the impending magical barrage.

Spitfire, observing the movement, could somewhat sense the Thunderclap Pokémon's intent. She ordered her crew to focus their attacks on the rocky area, hoping to flush out Rainbow Dash's group. The ships fired bolts of magical energy, causing explosions and chaos on the beach. It was a good thing it was empty and unoccupied at the moment but the same couldn't be said for Route 5.

The rocky outcrop provided some cover, but the relentless assault continued. Zeraora, with a determined expression, gestured for the others to stay low. The Thunderclap Pokémon's instincts were keen, and she led the group through the rocky terrain, dodging magical blasts.

Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, and their Pokémon companions followed Zeraora's lead, weaving through the rocks as the magical bombardment intensified. The explosions sent sand and debris flying, creating a hazardous environment. Eventually, this kind of destruction could reach Route 5 where other Pokemon reside.

Despite the chaotic situation, Zeraora maintained her focus, guiding the group towards a cave nestled within the rocks. But that did not last as one of the light beams slashed the cave in half. They gasped as the cave was destroyed. The light energy even removed some of the sand, causing a shockwave that would knock them all back.

Meanwhile, in the sky, Spitfire continued to command her forces. She observed the targeted beach area, expecting Rainbow Dash's group to reveal themselves. The crew members aboard the ships scanned the aftermath of their attacks, searching for any signs of movement.

"Aha!" Picking up on heat signatures, they spotted the ground. Mainly Zeraora, who was giving off the most energy out of anyone here thanks to all that Plasma. "Let's cut some of them off. I can bet that they'll be trouble when together. That's how they get their strength."

"Way ahead of you." Tempest Shadow was on the same page. Some of them were going down to encounter the group, knowing how dangerous they could be together. But alone? Rainbow Dash and her friends are far more vulnerable.


The group, led by Zeraora, reached a narrow passage between towering rock formations. The Thunderclap Pokémon assessed the surroundings, her instincts guiding them through the maze-like structure. They needed to find cover and regroup before Daybreaker's forces closed in.

As they traversed the narrow passage, a sudden burst of magical energy erupted behind them. The shockwave propelled them forward, stumbling over uneven ground. Zeraora, with a protective instinct, shielded the others from the brunt of the force.

The rocky labyrinth presented both challenges and opportunities. Zeraora recognized the need to outmanoeuvre their pursuers and exploit the natural cover provided by the terrain. The group pressed on, their determination fueled by the hope of escaping the relentless pursuit.

In the concealed ship, Spitfire grinned with satisfaction. She observed the group's movements and anticipated their path through the rocky terrain. The crew members aboard the ship readied their magical devices for another assault, eager to close in on Rainbow Dash's group.

The group, led by Zeraora, emerged from the rocky passage into a more open area. The moon cast an ethereal glow on the landscape, revealing the challenges that lay ahead. The Thunderclap Pokémon, surveying the surroundings, spotted a series of interconnected caverns further ahead.

"Through there!" Zeraora pointed towards the cavern entrance, signalling the group to move quickly. The interconnected caverns offered a potential refuge, allowing them to regroup and strategize against the relentless pursuit.

Spitfire, determined to capture Zeraora, directed her crew to intensify the magical assault. The ship unleashed a volley of magical beams, targeting the area around the cavern entrance. Explosions echoed through the night as the magical energy collided with the rocky landscape.

Despite the chaos, Zeraora guided the group towards the cavern entrance. The Thunderclap Pokémon's agility proved essential as they evaded the magical onslaught. For a brief moment, they were safe. They also had to stay quiet while here, but unbeknownst to them, Spitfire's group was reading the heat signature of Zeraora as they weren't that far away at the moment.

"Okay...I think we'll do fine in here for a while." Rainbow Dash sighed, laying her head against the wall. "If we keep low, they won't find us. Maybe. Hopefully."

"We can't reach the others with these damaged Xtransceivers either." Rarity groaned before noticing pebbles in her mane. "Oh! My mane!"

"Zera..." Zeraora stood alone in the corner of this cavern. She felt tremendous guilt because of this. After all, she was the reason that Spitfire's team were now in pursuit. Zeraora's electric-blue eyes reflected a strong remorse. She understood the gravity of the situation, realizing that her presence had inadvertently exposed her newfound friends to danger.

Zeraora blamed herself for everything. The rage and the pursuit were all on her and she had no doubt about that. The Thunderclap Pokemon looked back at her new friends, seeing the trouble she's caused them by being around. In Zeraora's mind, perhaps being away from them was the better decision. The Mythical Pokemon would walk off, planning to distance herself from them. It was for the best.

"Zeraora?" Rainbow Dash noticed Zeraora's movements which were getting further away. "Zeraora, wait! Where are you going?!"

"Ze..." Elsewhere. To get away from all of this. She found it unfair to bring her burden down to everyone else. Zeraora's gaze remained fixed on the ground, a mixture of guilt and sorrow etched across her features.

"It's alright. It's not your fault, honest!" Rainbow Dash was trying her best to mend things. "We're not letting you face this alone. We're in this together, remember? I mean, this isn't my first time dealing with something like this."

"Cas!" Castform cried out from the bag, agreeing with Rainbow Dash.

Despite Rainbow Dash's heartfelt attempt to console Zeraora, the Thunderclap Pokémon remained steadfast in her self-blame. She seemed determined to distance herself, carrying the weight of guilt like a heavy burden. Rainbow Dash exchanged concerned glances with her friends, realizing that Zeraora might need some time alone to process her emotions.

Rainbow Dash would continue following her, making sure she didn't go at it alone. She didn't want the Thunderclap Pokemon to carry it all with her. The underground tunnels were dark, with occasional glimmers of crystals illuminating their path. The air was thick with a sense of unease, knowing that Daybreaker's forces were still on their tail.

As they navigated the twisting passages, Rainbow Dash just couldn't reach Zeraora at the moment. Zeraora looked back, confused as to why Rainbow Dash was still around. But as they kept on moving, a beam of light would suddenly intercept them from the middle. Rainbow Dash gasped as she was nearly struck by this beam of light. The light would split this part of the cave in half.

Zeraora grunted, covering one eye as there was an explosion nearby. And poor Rainbow Dash and Castform were the closest to it. The duo went flying back, tumbling and rolling as their bodies scraped along the hard ground.

"Zera?!"

"Ugh...!" As the dust settled, Rainbow Dash and Castform were left shaken, their forms battered from the unexpected explosion.

"There you are." And entering this part of the cave by descending from the destroyed ceiling was none other than Spitfire herself. Spitfire's entrance, accompanied by her imposing crew and the Ultra Beast Xurkitree, sent a shiver through the cave's atmosphere. The debris from the earlier explosion still hung in the air while Zeraora snarled at them for harming Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash, now on her hooves, glared at Spitfire, her expression a mix of defiance and frustration. "You're just like my world's Spitfire. You just don't know when to quit, do you?"

Spitfire smirked, the unwavering determination in her eyes contrasting with the chaos surrounding them. "Quit? Not until we have what we came for. And, Rainbow Dash, you can make it easier for everyone by handing over Zeraora. After all, my Rainbow Dash is a pro at following orders and I expect you to be the same. Just saying."

Zeraora's gaze shifted between Spitfire and Rainbow Dash, a silent plea for understanding in her eyes. She knew her presence was a catalyst for the conflict, yet she yearned for a resolution without further harm.

Rainbow Dash, however, stood firm. "You're not taking Zeraora. We're not letting you exploit her." From her saddlebag, she held out a Poke Ball.

"Really?" Spitfire chuckled, the sound echoing in the cave's confines. "Alright then. I'll indulge you with a Pokemon Battle. How about that? But you should take a look at the numbers. I'm not going to make it a 1 on 1. And I won't even use my own Pokemon Xurkitree will take care of things from here.

"I...I can take them." But Rainbow Dash wasn't going to let this throw her off her game.

As the standoff unfolded, Zeraora stepped forward, her body poised for action but her eyes reflecting a desire for a different resolution. Rainbow Dash gasped, seeing Zeraora get in front of her. Confused, Rainbow Dash then saw Zeraora put on a less defensive stance and more of a casual one. "Zera."

"Zeraora? What are you doing?"

"Ze." Suddenly, Zeraora gave up right there and there. In her mind, fighting back was going to lead to more problems, especially when Daybreaker's forces were absolutely relentless right now. Far worse than what occurred back at the Diamond Domain.

"Y-You're giving up?!" Rainbow Dash's eyes widened in disbelief. She couldn't fathom Zeraora willingly surrendering, especially after all they had been through so far.

"Castform?!"

"Oh? Excellent!" Spitfire grinned, nodding in approval of Zeraora's decision. "Glad you saw through it. You're not so silly after all. Giving yourself up to protect your new friend was the best decision you've made so far."

"You can't give up!" Rainbow Dash bellowed. "Not like this!"

Zeraora glanced back at Rainbow Dash, her expression holding a mix of regret and determination. "Ze. Zera." She nodded, trying to convey a message that went beyond words. Despite the turmoil in her heart, she seemed to believe this was the best course of action.

Spitfire gestured to her crew, signalling them to move forward. "Smart move, Thunderclap. Now, make it easier for everyone. The rest of my team has probably met with the rest of your friends on the other side of the cave. If you don't want any more problems, you'll back down. I'm not opposed to a peaceful resolution if it's for the better."

Rainbow Dash clenched her teeth, torn between the impulse to fight and the understanding that Zeraora had her reasons. The Poke Ball in her hoof was shaking as she was itching to retaliate. But Zeraora's eyes said otherwise. Looking at them, Zeraora wished to avoid any conflict that involved Rainbow Dash's harm.

She reluctantly placed the Poke Ball back in her bag after seeing Zeraora's emotions. With a heavy sigh, Rainbow Dash refrained, for Zeraora's sake.

"Good choice. Now, Xurkitree, do your thing."

The Ultra Beast, suspended in the air by magical energy, emitted a bright glow and was brought to the Thunderclap. Arcs of electricity crackled around it, creating an intimidating aura. Spitfire's crew prepared themselves for whatever would happen next.

Zeraora looked back at Rainbow Dash once more, a silent plea for understanding in her eyes. Despite the circumstances, there was a hint of reassurance, as if she believed that this sacrifice was necessary for some greater good. The black cables of Xurkitree would move forward, ready to grab the Thunderclap Pokemon

Rainbow Dash was doing her best not to take action. But her entire life has been about taking action and now, the one time she needs to do something, she couldn't do it. All for the sake of her friend. Rainbow Dash wasn't sure if that was the loyalty within her doing this.

But that's when it hit her. At the end of the day, she was loyal to her friends. And no matter how new they are, she would keep that loyalty, especially to those who need and deserve it. And even though she was being loyal to Zeraora by allowing her to go through with this, that other part of Zeraora saw loyalty in a different light. And that loyalty was making sure nothing bad happens to her friends. "No way...."

"Hm?" Spitfire's ears perked up after hearing Rainbow Dash's voice.

"No way I'm letting that happen! Castform, use Reflect Type!"

"Cast!" Castform already had the same thing in mind. Jumping out of the saddlebag, the Weather Pokemon would lock onto the nearest Pokemon. Currently, there were two Electric-Types here so either one would do. He looked at Xurkitree, immediately copying his typing.

The radioactive cells within Castform would go off once he copied the Electric-Typing and after doing so, he unleashed a fierce burst of lightning from his body. Castform had his own way of attacking multiple enemies thanks to his special cells. The crew of Spitfire, minus Spitfire herself, gasped at the sight of this thunderous outburst as it would pass through Zeraora, granting her strength thanks to Volt Absorb.

Xurkitree was, of course, pushed back, lacking the same ability as the Mythical Pokemon.

"Mmm..." Spitfire groaned, taking off her glasses as she was shielded by some of her crew members. "I should've known. You were always like this, Dash."

"Zera?"

"I'd never turn my back on you, Zeraora. That involves making sure you're safe." Rainbow Dash with the utmost confidence and most importantly, loyalty to Zeraora.

"Ze..." Zeraora was frozen. At that moment, she finally realized what she had. Not just a new home that was identical to the one she lost, but also a friend who would truly be there for her. No one was there for her back in her world but now, that has all changed. Knowing this, Zeraora smiled, getting highly emotional to the point where a tear was appearing on her face.

"Have it your way." Spitfire shrugged. "But there's one thing you should know. My team was going to attack you anyways. After all, you would've left with our plans and we can't have that."

"Yeah, we'll we're taking you down. And you can go back to Daybreaker and let her know who you're messing with."

"Oh. You have no idea who you're messing with." With a smile forming on her face, Spitfire suddenly gave off a menacing Aura. "There's a reason why we took down the Dread League before you did. You're about to find out why."

The surrounding atmosphere seemed to shift. It was as if the very air was charged with her commanding presence. Rainbow Dash, still ready for a fight, felt a sudden unease. The intensity of Spitfire's gaze seemed to pierce through her, as if analyzing every thought and emotion. Rainbow Dash, while affected by the pressure, gritted her teeth and stood her ground. She wouldn't let Spitfire's intimidation tactics get the best of her.

"Together, Zeraora?" The pegasus looked back at the Thunderclap Pokemon.

"Zera!" Zeraora nodded in understanding, ready to battle alongside Rainbow Dash and Castform.

"Okay then! Zeraora! Use Close Combat!"

The clash between Zeraora and Xurkitree commenced with a surge of energy. Xurkitree, being an Electric-type Ultra Beast, unleashed a barrage of Thunderbolts, creating a dazzling display of electrical power in the cavern. Zeraora, nimble and agile, dodged the attacks with swift movements, her fur slightly bristling with static.

"Zera, use Close Combat!" Rainbow Dash commanded, recalling the powerful fighting moves she had witnessed Zeraora execute before.

"Xurkitree! Use Dazzling Gleam!" Spitfire commanded as she was in control of Xurkitree here. And by extension, the ships above would attack as well, unleashing their rays of light.

Zeraora leaped forward, her body enveloped in a burst of fighting energy. Coming her way were multiple rays of light, from Xurkitree and the ships. "Reflect-Type!" Rainbow Dash bellowed, having Castform use Reflect Type once more, this time on Zeraora.

He would mimic the typing again, even though he was already in the form. And by doing so, he sent another electrical blast from his body which would greatly benefit Zeraora. Volt Absorb kicked in once the lightning reached her, increasing her strength. Just what she needed. The electricity would also block some of the incoming rays of light, causing them to clash with the lightning.

"You can do it again?!" One of the soldiers gasped.

"No limit to how many times I can do it, unless the Pokemon has no type!" Rainbow Dash cackled, taking full advantage of Reflect Type's greatest strength. Realistically, there was no limit and she was using it for the first time. "Go, Zeraora!"

She landed a series of rapid strikes on Xurkitree, each blow resonating with force. Xurkitree recoiled from the impact, its cables swaying with the force of the assault.

"If I beat you, then I'm sure I can defeat my world's Spitfire!" Rainbow Dash grinned.

"Don't count on it. No matter the universe, you could never beat me. Well, except for speed..." However, Xurkitree retaliated with its own arsenal of moves. It emitted a dazzling glow, signalling another Dazzling Gleam. It would quickly fight back by bombarding Zeraora with a barrage of rainbows.

"Zera...!" Zeraora slid back, taking some damage in the process. But she was still in this.

"Energy Ball!" Hearing Spitfire's command. Xurkitree then put both of its cables forward, generating a ball that was connected to nature itself.

"Weather Ball!"

"Cast!" Castform would do the same, generating a ball of light in his mouth. Both attacks were unleashed at the same time but one would intercept the other. Weather Ball came flying in, striking the Energy Ball and ensuing a clash. The two attacks blew up around each other, creating a green and white smokescreen.

From the ships, the Golurks were dropped. Having a stark advantage in this battle, they emerged, ready to back up their captain. Zeraora snarled, knowing this wasn't going to be any easier than last time. But now, Rainbow Dash ah her back.

"I need your help! Whirlipede! Braviary!" Quickly, Rainbow Dash threw two Poke Balls into the air, summoning Braviary and Whirlipede in direct response to the Golurk.

"Whirlipede!"

"Braviary!"

"So be it." Spitfire smirked, not bothered at all. In her mind, she was betting on Tempest Shadow to deal with the rest of Rainbow Dash's group on the other side of the cave while she dealt with the main problem.

The showdown between these two was now underway. Zeraora's fate as well as the rest of her friends was resting on this one battle. The odds were stacked against them, but Rainbow Dash wasn't one to quit even with this difference. Even if she fails, she was going to do what she can to protect Zeraora.

As the journey continues.


Chapter 376 End.

PreviousChapters Next