• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,332 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,332

PreviousChapters Next
Royal Invitation

Kanto. Pallet Town. Nightfall.

Along came the Silver Moon which blessed Pallet Town. And at this time, any vampire could freely appear, having no fear of the Golden Sun and its brilliant radiance By this time, the first day of the Yard Sale was coming to an end with only three days left. So many items have been purchased and taken home and yet there were still more to purchase.

"That was worth the try, wasn't it?" At this moment, the vampires who showed up with Spectrum Shade were surrounded by items brought at the Pallet Town Yard Sale. Spectrum Shade was especially surprised that she managed to get herself involved with this. Spectrum and the others were sat with Ash, some of his friends and his mother Delia.

"I can't believe I spent so much time with this event..." A stunned Spectrum Shade said as she was surrounded by objects she had purchased. So much for her battle with Ash.

"My convincing skills are one of a kind, aren't they?" Hilbert laughed, patting Spectrum's back.

"I thought you were going to teach me how to be a better trainer but instead you dragged me into this?!" Spectrum roared. "I admit though...It is fun."

"Right? And that's one step to becoming number one." Hilbert revealed that this was one of his lessons as he was teaching her the entire time. "The best Trainer's gotta know when to take things easy."

"You just made that up. Surely." However, Spectrum Shade had her doubts. "But do you really think I'm not at that level yet?"

"Oh, sure. 100%." Hilbert nodded. Indeed, it just came to his mind.

"I don't know I've got something else in mind," Ash begged to differ, wanting to give Spectrum Shade a shot. "Level or not. It's all about the thrill of a battle."

"Really?" Spectrum Shade was more interested in what Ash had to say.

"That's right. There's no shame in taking on someone that's stronger than you or has more years of experience than you." Ash continued, sharing his philosophy. It was very much different from Hilbert. "You've always got something to learn."

"Are you sure?" Hilbert questioned. "Well, I mean, I did take on Rainbow Dash but she was pretty strong."

"Yeah, you might lose. But what matters is that you gave it your all. If you give it your best, you're gonna see something there. Something that you can build on and get stronger from. And when you go all out with your Pokemon with nothing holding you back, even the toughest opponents are gonna have to watch out."

"Wow..." Just like how Hilbert captivated her, Ash did the same to Spectrum Shade. Words to live by.

"Awesome..." Suddenly, Hilbert was also entranced by it. It didn't exactly make him seem like the perfect mentor he said he was. "Is that how you battle, Ash?"

"I'm never afraid to give it my all. Unless I wanna hold back on someone, I always show my opponent, weak or strong that I'm aiming to be the best so Pikachu, my Pokemon and I aren't gonna slow ourselves down."

"Pikachu-Pi!"

"You know, you could always take me on, Spectrum," said Rainbow Dash. "You're new. I'm not so new. And you might beat me. Maybe. Less likely."

"And I gotta prepare for the upcoming battle against Melony. I've been itching to battle someone high up in the Pokemon World Championships." Ash pumped his fists

"The Pokemon World Championships? What's that?" A curious Spectrum Shade asked.

"Only the biggest competition in the world!" Ash raised his arms. "It's what's gonna help me reach the top and, in Hilbert's words, become Number One!"

"I'm surprised you haven't joined it yet, Hilbert. This sounds like something up your alley." asked the pegasus.

"And let my counterpart lose his thunder? He's gotta be the very best in his world too. That way, in every world, we'll be number one no matter what." Hilbert revealed his reasoning for not participating or even challenging Ash to a battle. Rainbow Dash was slightly surprised by his response. Slightly.

"As if you're the best back home." Hilda would side-eye Hilbert, calling him out on that. Hilbert would simply whistle it away.

"Hey, Ash!" Before anything else could be done, flying over here was none other than Derpy from Ponyville She was one of the few ponies who hadn't shown up for the Yard Sale. Mainly because she was busy with her job and was about to deliver her final piece of work before she truly clocks out. "Message for you from Princess Celestia!"

"Oh, sweet. Thanks, Derpy." The royal message would be dropped onto Ash's hands.

"A message from Princess Celestia? For you? Is it something serious?" Rainbow Dash wondered. She was starting to think that another threat was popping up for Celestia to send a message to him. That rarely happens.

"Oh, it sure is." Derpy nodded. "A lot of us back at Ponyville were already informed about it. It looks like it's going to be a pretty big deal if you ask me."

"Wonderful, Ash. Let's see what she has to say to you." Delia leaned over as she would be the one to read over the letter.

"To all Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses. Royalties and Monarchs of all kinds. You are invited to gather at Equestria's Canterlot Castle's Vital Meeting. It shall be called the Royal Phantasy and will be the first of many. Concerning the state of this new world, we will work together to manage, consolidate and champion this new world so that it works out for everyone else in the end. The Meeting will be held in two days from now."

"Look at you, Ash! Getting to sit with the big wigs! I mean, a meeting sounds boring but still!" Rainbow Dash congratulated Ash, nudging him.

"So a lot of royalty's gonna be there, huh? Cool..." An amazed Ash said. "I might get to see a lot of my friends there too!"

"I almost didn't give it to you, but the Canterlot Guards made sure to guarantee my success." Derpy saluted. "I feel like a true Canterlot Envoy after that."

"In that case, I should choose the right dresses at soon as possible~" Delia uttered with glee as she felt like a little girl.

"But you're not royalty, Mrs Ketchum." Ethan pointed out.

"Hm-hm-hm." The Mother of Ash put on a wide grin. "The People of the Water see me as a Queen since Ash is my son. This means, I also have that status! Oh, all my young dreams are coming true at last. Maybe that dress I wore to my school reunion can still fit me. My husband truly loved that dress and I know the monarchs will as well."

"The Lich Queen's gonna be there too." Spectrum Shade added. "She has to be there. There's no way they're just gonna leave Magehold alone after what just happened. Now that Queen Fantina's in charge, she'll show up for sure."

"Two days from now. That might be enough time to take on Melony and make it to the meeting. Then again, I don't do well in meetings. Do I just gotta sit around all day?"

"Not exactly." Chipping in his own words as Brendan who was wearing an assortment of hats that he ended up purchasing at the Yard Sale. "There's actually a lot to do at a meeting. Well, most of it just sitting around...actually, there's not a lot of moving around it. Or anything, really. But my dad's a Gym Leader and when they gather around, it can be fun sometimes."

"Brendan. It's no use trying to make it sound cool. Meetings are pretty boring." Hilbert replied, seeing meetings as boring since they didn't strike that sweet spot of excitement he and many others enjoy.

"I'll still go." Despite it all, Ash would choose to go. "I know Celestia and I know for a fact she'll find a way to make it fun. So it's gonna be worth heading over there." Ash believed that Celestia would make it entertaining. Celestia did share a lot in common with Ash as they both craved excitement. "And I might need to speak to the People of the Water too."

"Now...About our battle." Spectrum Shade focused on the battle and the main reason she came here in the first place. And for this battle, she would take on Rainbow Dash instead of Ash.


The stage had been set for the both of them. The moon was young and bright, allowing for Spectrum Shade to battle without any holding her back. A battle this late at night while here at Pallet Town might cause a disturbance without a doubt. Of course, Ash, Red, Ethan Brendan and Hilbert didn't seem to care.

"So, you guys." Before the battle could begin, Ash was just curious about one thing. "What are you guys doing, anyway? I see you around sometimes. A lot even. And you still don't have a way to return home."

"Well, nothing really. We've all accomplished our goals, Ash." Brendan answered. "There's really nothing else we can do except just keep moving."

"Mhm. I was missing for a long time too until my friends found me." Hilbert added. "I became the Champion of Unova before that but I'm still pursuing that Number One Dream."

"We all just do what we wanna do, that's all." Ethan would relax his muscles, laying his head on some pillows that he brought from the Yard Sale. By touching the pillows, he felt elevated. "What about you? You've still got ways to go before you reach your goal."

"I've got a gut feeling I'm closer to it. And after I'm done, I know what I wanna do next." Ash already made up his mind in his advance. "But it's awesome that you guys just go wherever. And now you've got this world to explore."

"Believe it. We've seen a lot of the world we come back from. We're not quite done there yet but this place is something else I mean, talking ponies? I threw a Poke Ball at Princess Celestia the moment I saw her!" The Trainer from Johto laughed.

"..." Red would crack a smile as his answer was already clear. It was similar to the others. He's definitely done everything he needs to do and has already achieved his goal. Exploring the world and seeing new faces definitely brought a smile to his rather serious face.

"Let's make this quick. I gotta head to bed as soon as possible. So one Pokemon each." Rainbow Dash requested, unable to have a full battle with Spectrum Shade.

"One Pokemon each? No fair." Spectrum Shade pouted. "You regular ponies should have more stamina."

"I totally have a ton of stamina! Lots of it! I was doing a lot today as well." The pegasus proudly said. "But I've got limits. But there aren't any limits when it comes to a Pokemon Battle. Go, Whimsicott!"

"Whimsicott!"

"Out you come! Ninjask!" Spectrum Shade revealed that she had a Ninjask as one of her newer Pokemon.

"Ninjask!"

"There's no referee so I'll start us off! Whimsicott! Show her your speed!"

"Whim! Whimsi!" Whimsicott would start off by showcasing the speed she possessed. Being the playful Pokemon that she was, Whimsicott could certainly move around. She zipped into the air and then to the side, leaving behind balls of white fluff that came from her hair.

"Hm. Yeah, that's fast. But is it as fast as this!? Ninjask, use X-Scissor!"

"Nin!" Moving in the blink of an eye was Ninjask as it left its spot in an instant. At that moment, Whimsicott's speed didn't seem that impressive as Ninjask already appeared in front of her with a green around its limbs.

"Whim!" But, Whimsicott had a response to this. Her fluff. As soon as Ninjask prepared to slash at her, the fluff would act as a shield, flying out and exploding right in front of Ninjask.

"N-Ninjask!" Ninjask cried out as the cotton fluff didn't do any damage. But it did make the Ninja Pokemon flinch and fly back as Whimsicott would zip elsewhere.

"Whimsi-Whimsi-si-si!" Whismciott would giggle mischievously after surprising Ninjask. Rainbow Dash and Whimsicott were well aware of Ninjask's speed. It was up there as one of the fastest Pokemon in the world. And Rainbow Dash has personally seen this from Zecora who also has a Ninjask and funnily enough a Whimsciott as well. This was all too familiar to her.

"Hmph! You won't get us a second time with that! Zone in and cut that ram, Ninjask!"

"Jask!" Ninjask would move in once more, continuing to use X-Scissor.

"Moonblast, Whimsciott!"

"Whimsi!" The Moon was bright at this time. Which also meant that Whimsicott could draw plenty of power from it. By gathering a ton of moonlight, the Windveiled Pokemon form a pink sphere of energy. But Ninjask already showed up in front of her right as the ball had formed. With its might, the Ninja Pokemon slashed Whimsicott directly, dealing a sharp and strong blow. "Cott!" From that one strike, Whimsicott went flying. She was lucky that her Fairy-Typing made the Bug-Type attack neutral otherwise that would've been ugly.

"Nice hit! Now, use Aerial Ace!"

"Ninjask!" But Aerial Ace would definitely deal some ugly damage, being a strong response to Whimsicott. Ninjask would move at confounding speeds which was already its average speed. But now it was even faster.

"Throw it, Whimsicott!"

"Cott!" The Moonblast was still active as Whimsicott continued drawing power from it. And by doing so, she would flick her limb, sending the finished Moonblast at Ninjask. Right as the Bug-Flying-Type zoomed forward, it was soon intercepted by the Moonblast, engulfing its entire body thanks to its size.

A beautiful pink explosion went off, launching Ninjask away. The Ninja Pokemon bounced on the ground before recovering in the air. "Not bad." Spectrum Shade uttered. "That looked like it hurt. A little. But that won't stop my Ninjask and it's even gotten faster thanks to Speed Boost!"

"I figured as much." Rainbow Dash shrugged. She also had a Bug Pokemon that had access to Speed Boost. "Doesn't scare me though."

"Then maybe this will scare you! Double Team!"

"Jask! Jask! Ninjask!" Suddenly, Ninjask would split itself up repeatedly. Illusionary copies appeared but there was also a chance for them to deal physical damage as well. These Bugs would surround Whimsicott, making sure to box her in. Now, Whimsicott was dealing with a speedy duplicating Bug.

"Whim?! Cott?!"

"Stay strong, Whimsicott! We've got this!"

"Oh yeah? I know for a fact Whimsicott's not fast enough to stop all of these Ninjasks. This is where I win! You shouldn't have stuck the one Pokemon Rule for this battle!" Spectrum Shade grinned, showing her vampiric fangs.

"Look at Spectrum go! Go Spectrum!" Naturally, her supporters would cheer her own. Now that they got to see her battle, they would do what they came here for.

"Rainbow Dash has something in store. That's for sure." Ash already knew that Rainbow Dash had something planned for this intimidating scenario.

"Bring it." Rainbow Dash was fearless as she put on a smile.

"Attack, Ninjask! Aerial Ace!"

"Ninjask!" All of the Ninjasks from every direction would use Aerial Ace. If these land, Whimsciott might take more than just heavy damage. She might faint.

"Curl up!"

"Whim!" The plan had been revealed. Whimsicott would suddenly curl her body up while lying down on the ground. All that was left was the ball of cotton that was on her body. And the second the Ninjask closed in, they struck at Whimsicott's large cotton hair.

The second those sharp attacks dug in, an explosive response was made. The cotton would suddenly explode. Plenty of cotton fluff balls went off, making a sound akin to party poppers or even firecrackers. Each of the Ninjasks were hit by the exploding cotton, taking no damage as always. But it wasn't the damage that mattered. It was the pushback and this time, it was greater than before.

All of the Ninjask clones would vanish after receiving this pushback. Spectrum Shade's jaw dropped as the clones were gone with ease. All of those Aerial Aces didn't even do any damage it seemed. The real Ninjask was confounded after what just happened. It swore that its attacks properly landed.

"I can thank Tank for inspiring me with this plan!" Rainbow Dash cackled. "Whimsicott's not a turtle, but letting herself curl up so that her cotton acts as shield was a go-to approach for sure! And the best part is that she can set off those cotton explosives at any time! The perfect defence! Now, Whimsicott! Use Psychic!!"

"Whim!" Whimsicott would uncurl herself, returning to the offensive. Now it was time for her to deliver a mighty blow after this defensive pushback. From her arms, a Psychic energy would show. And by swinging them forward, she smashed them up against Ninjask's face. The impact of her hitting Ninjask's face was not that strong. It didn't even push the Ninja Pokemon away.

But it was the Psychic Power that did the trick. The energy would fly out, sending a mighty blast that sent Ninjask flying. "Ninjaaaaaaask!" Ninjask screamed after being launched. On top of that, its body had received a staggering Psychic blow at an up-close distance instead of afar.

Ninjask flew past Spectrum Shade as the speed it was moving at was swift. But it was not its own speed. It was the speed of Psychic. Ninjask crashed into a nearby tree, coming to an end as it hit the tree rather hard. After that surprising reversal from Whimsicott, Ninjask had fainted.

"Ninjask..."

"N-No way!" Spectrum Shade held her mane as she had lost "I lost?!"

"Alright! Way to go, Whimsicott!"

"Whim!" The Windveiled Pokemon flew over, hugging Rainbow Dash. It was a soft and pleasant feeling when hugging Whimsicott her body was just so comfortable.

"Aw..." Spectrum's supporters were rather disappointed. They witnessed her lose and in a rather short time as well.

"Using the cotton to protect herself and dealing that strong Psychic reversal? Nice." Hilbert nodded. "As expected from my protege. Smart thinking."

"Hmmrgh..." Spectrum Shade approached Ninjask, helping it up from the tree it crashed into. "That blows. I was having such a nice streak before I showed up here. Oh, well...Thanks for doing your best, Ninjask."

"Nin."

"Not bad! Not bad at all, Spectrum!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "You got a pretty good hit in there! Just so you know, those Aerial Aces actually connected."

"Wait, really? those attacks actually landed? So then how come Whimsicott didn't faint? That many Aerial Ace's should've done the trick."

"Well, Double Team creates clones but they're pretty weak compared to the real deal. Plus, even though her cotton wasn't a full-on shield, it helped a ton and cushioned some of the damage. And it's pretty deep." To demonstrate, she dug her hoof into Whimsicott's body. She went in deep but couldn't feel the entirety of Whimsicott's body.

"Whimsi!"

"Aw...I got the perfect team too." Spectrum Shade sat down. "And I've still got some Pokemon left to show off. I was gonna battle Ash with them but..it looks like I really wasn't strong enough after all." Now that she battled Rainbow Dash, the Power Gap was very much clear. Hilbert was 100% right. "But...I was starting to really get into it. It just ended to quickly for my taste."

But Ash was also right. Spectrum Shade was enjoying that battle. Much like how she battled Ash a few times, she found Pokemon Battles to be entertaining. Win or Lose. She only wished this one went on a bit further so that she could really get into the groove of things.

"If you wanna get that feeling again, you can battle me anytime, Spectrum. Visit Cloudsdale while you're at it. I'm aiming to become Equestria's First Ever Champion so I'll only get stronger from there."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll get stronger too. And all that good stuff." The vampire stood back up, returning Ninjask to its Poke Ball. "I really do have a long way to go. If only Fantina was the Lich Queen earlier. I might've experienced the World of Pokemon sooner than before and gotten stronger. Thanks for the fun battle, Rainbow Dash. I'll be seeing you later. Not sure when or how soon?"

"You can do one more thing before you head back." Ash approached Spectrum Shade, having something in mind. "I'm gonna battle Melony soon. If you really wanna see a full-power Pokemon Battle, check out our battle. You'll learn a lot for sure."

"Pikachu!"

"Oh, really? Well, who am I to reject such an offer?" Music to her ears Pokemon Battles galore for Spectrum Shade. Whether she was participating in it or watching them. This beats anything done with the Dread League by a margin. She did seem to be surrounded by many teachers at this point.

Experienced Trainer and Advanced Trainers respectively. All of which have something to learn from each other. But that was the great strength of the Pokemon and the Trainers. They learn from each other as the journey continues.


Chapter 253 End.

PreviousChapters Next